• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waluigi General Thread

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
With the Waluigi thread in the Newcomer Speculation closing, I thought I would create a thread here for Waluigi to carry on the discussion. Feel free to discuss anything whether its Smash or wanting him to appear in main series titles or his various appearances in the last 21 years. Show your appreciation for the WAH here!
1634840082440.png

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216
Speaking of alt costumes, I feel Waluigi's default should be the tennis outfit - as to match with Wario and subtly show Waluigi isn't a clone.
Tbh if I made Waluigi’s Alt Costumes for Smash this is what I would go with:
2- Foreman Spike Color Scheme
3- a Reversed Version of Luigi’s Color Scheme to Match Wario’s Reversed Color Scheme for Mario
4- a Piranha Plant Color Scheme (Red Hat and Shirt with White Dots,Green Overalls,and Brown Shoes) to Reference Waluigi’s Love for Piranha Plants
5- Mario Tennis Aces Outfit
6- Mario Golf Super Rush Outfit
7- Waluigi (Bus Driver) Outfit
8- Mario Strikers Charged Uniform

Waluigi’s Tennis Racket would be the one from N64 Mario Tennis/Mario Power Tennis in His Default while with every other Alt He could have the Modern Tennis Racket Design.

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
Did a height comparison in training mode, and compared Waluigi to a number of different characters.
His stance is weird, he is tall but the way he stands makes him appear wider than he actually is.
2021102212293300-0E7DF678130F4F0FA2C88AE72B47AFDF.jpg

2021102213045200-0E7DF678130F4F0FA2C88AE72B47AFDF.jpg

2021102213060100-0E7DF678130F4F0FA2C88AE72B47AFDF.jpg

2021102213020700-0E7DF678130F4F0FA2C88AE72B47AFDF.jpg

2021102212362900-0E7DF678130F4F0FA2C88AE72B47AFDF.jpg

2021102212390200-0E7DF678130F4F0FA2C88AE72B47AFDF.jpg

2021102212403300-0E7DF678130F4F0FA2C88AE72B47AFDF.jpg

2021102212420400-0E7DF678130F4F0FA2C88AE72B47AFDF.jpg

2021102212451100-0E7DF678130F4F0FA2C88AE72B47AFDF.jpg

2021102212465000-0E7DF678130F4F0FA2C88AE72B47AFDF.jpg

2021102213034400-0E7DF678130F4F0FA2C88AE72B47AFDF.jpg

2021102212582600-0E7DF678130F4F0FA2C88AE72B47AFDF.jpg

2021102212544700-0E7DF678130F4F0FA2C88AE72B47AFDF.jpg

2021102212510500-0E7DF678130F4F0FA2C88AE72B47AFDF.jpg

2021102212513500-0E7DF678130F4F0FA2C88AE72B47AFDF.jpg

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I remember doing a moveset for Waluigi way back in January this year.

And here's the entire thing:
  • Jab/Tilts/Smash/Dash
    • Jab - Punches forward, with his long skinny arm.
    • Rapid Jab - Performs two horizontal punches forward, and ends it with a spinning attack where he rapidly slaps the opponent. He ends the spin by yelling “Waa!”
    • F-tilt - Performs a powerful kick forward with his left foot.
    • U-tilt - Hops upward, performing a large headbutt attack.
    • D-Tilt - Kicks forward with his long skinny legs.
    • Side Smash - Takes out his tennis racket, and swings forward with all his might! (Can reflect projectiles)
    • Up Smash - Takes out his tennis racket, and leaps upward and performs a spike attack. If he makes contact with an opponent, they are spiked downward at a diagonal angle. Really great DMG and knockback potential, but can be hard to pull off.
    • Down Smash - Performs a breakdance attack from Mario DDR. This attack deals great upward knockback.
    • Dash Attack - Stumbles around and trips over clumsily.
  • Aerials
    • N-air - Spins around and performs a pose.
    • F-air - Takes out an Whiskered Eggplant and tosses it.
    • B-air - Performs a backward, two footed kick.
    • U-air - Pokes upwards with his long pink nose.
    • D-air - Slams straight downward, putting all his force into his legs. This is the strongest of these types of attack, however it leaves Waluigi stuck in the ground for a second when he lands.
  • Grab/Throws
    • Grab - Constricts them with a purple vine.
    • Dash Grab - Lunges at them arms stretched out.
    • Pummel - Beats up them in a cartoony dust could.
    • F-throw - Places them on a tee and sending them flying with his golf club.
    • B-throw - Similar to Mario’s, spins the opponent around a few times before tossing them behind him.
    • U-throw - Takes out his tennis racket and hits the opponent upward.
    • D-throw - Kicks the opponent into the ground just like his assist trophy attack.
  • Special Moves
    • Neutral - Tennis Serve: Waluigi will throw a tennis ball up, and then after pressing B again Waluigi will hit the tennis ball with the racket, the timing of the move will determine how strong and fast it will be. Sometimes, he uses a Bob-Omb instead.
    • Side - Waluigi Racer: Waluigi will hop in his kart from Double Dash and start driving forward, in the air the racer will glide, there is a small chance that his kart will go crazy and swerve out of control crashing into opponents but you won’t have much control with it.
    • Up - Dice Hop: Waluigi will use a dice block, it’s completely random how much Waluigi will travel, 1-3 is meh, 4-5 is really good! And 6 will teleport you to a random spot in the stage! Don’t use it a lot if your luck isn’t good enough.
    • Down - Consolation Prize: Waluigi pulls out the Trophy Stand item from Subspace and throws it forward. Any fighter hit by it will turn into a Fake Assist Trophy. (looks close enough to the normal model, but it’s coloured red and the silhouette has an angry expression)
      Any character can then pick up the Fake Trophy, which will then explode and send the trapped opponent flying. If it hits an airborne opponent, the trophy will fall down until the opponent is freed after a short time (increases with damage) or they hit the blast zone, although the opponent can mash buttons to get released from the trophy prematurely. Not recommended against opponents with reflectors, as Waluigi can fall victim to his own devious trap.
  • Final Smash
    • Wall-uigi: Waluigi’s eyes begin to burn with purple fire, as he yells “It’s Waluigi time!” as his whole body turns a much darker purple. Waluigi’s speed is now increased, and anywhere that he travels he leaves behind a trail of purple spikey vines behind him. These vines will stay in effect for 2 seocnds before fading away, and if an opponent touches the vines, they are given 15% DMG and launched upwards, along with being given a flower effect for the duration of the final smash. The final smash lasts for about 10 seconds, so Waluigi should move fast to cover the most ground and dish out the most DMG to opponents, but this is not difficult whatsoever. Afterwords, the walls disappear and Waluigi bows, and gets back into the fight. (He uses a spiky silver whip to attack with.)
  • Taunts
    • Waluigi takes out a potted Piranha Plant petting its head but bites at him making him throw it away.
    • His iconic crotch chop from Mario Strikers.
    • Waluigi cackles evilly twirling his moustache.
  • Victory Poses
    • Waluigi pulls out a rose and points it towards the camera, with his hat tipped he says “Waluigi is the winner!”
    • Waluigi drives around in his Waluigi Racer before crashing off-screen and walks back in holding a tire with thumbs up.
    • Waluigi pumps his fists into the air, and leans his tennis racket on his shoulder triumphantly.
    • Defeat Pose: Waluigi angrily stomps the ground and throws his racket.
  • Boxing Ring Title
    • "The Purple Cheater"

Last edited:

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
Hi everyone! I came here to continue showing support for Waluigi in smash and other games since the other thread is being locked.

Anyway, what do you think those Wario and Waluigi emblem trademarks are for? Maybe they’re getting those Nintendo world wristbands with their emblems on them?
C0966228-0804-4BD8-A31F-208D66201804.jpeg

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Did a height comparison in training mode, and compared Waluigi to a number of different characters.
His stance is weird, he is tall but the way he stands makes him appear wider than he actually is.
This reminds me a little of a thought I had about Waluigi in Smash a while back - he could be either, heavyweight; lightweight; or midweight and all would make perfect sense. A heavier-end-of-lightweight would probably fit how I envision him (a slippery zoner-type with small, albeit non-match-determining, RNG elements) best though.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
I think that the problem with this would be a little like early-game Daisy - Waluigi, being both tall and wide, would wind up being hella easy to grab and hit alike, despite me personally thinking that it fits his character well.

Also, is it actually possible that he's taller than any playable character in Ultimate? Like, if he were to stand with straight legs that is.

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
I think that the problem with this would be a little like early-game Daisy - Waluigi, being both tall and wide, would wind up being hella easy to grab and hit alike, despite me personally thinking that it fits his character well.

Also, is it actually possible that he's taller than any playable character in Ultimate? Like, if he were to stand with straight legs that is.
I think Waluigi would be the second tallest (Ridley being first of course) if he were to stand with his legs straight.
And it's really obvious when you make him stand next to Ganondorf or Rosalina.

Btw holy**** is this awesome!
With Sora in Smash the worlds are all connected.
Waluigi can exist in the same universe as Darth Vader and Thanos...
Well, in fanfiction at least.

Last edited:

Chuderz

Smash Journeyman
I'd really like it for Waluigi to be introduced into the WarioWare series but that just got a game with no Waluigi in sight. Sucks. I want him to be a part of the WarioWare series should he ever get into Smash. Sure Waluigi could be a Mario character and sure WarioWare has its own cast but I just find the option of having him add to Wario's representation more compelling than to simply stick him in with the rest of the Mario cast. Plus Wario's series emblem is literally a capital "W" so I think it just has to be the case despite the lack of an official application of the character on Nintendo's part. Nobody's going to be able to convince me that anybody in the WarioWare universe is more fitting than Wario's canon bestie.

To this end I'd love for him to have a default WarioWare design tailor-made for Smash. Here's to long-term hope.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I'd really like it for Waluigi to be introduced into the WarioWare series but that just got a game with no Waluigi in sight. Sucks. I want him to be a part of the WarioWare series should he ever get into Smash. Sure Waluigi could be a Mario character and sure WarioWare has its own cast but I just find the option of having him add to Wario's representation more compelling than to simply stick him in with the rest of the Mario cast. Plus Wario's series emblem is literally a capital "W" so I think it just has to be the case despite the lack of an official application of the character on Nintendo's part. Nobody's going to be able to convince me that anybody in the WarioWare universe is more fitting than Wario's canon bestie.

To this end I'd love for him to have a default WarioWare design tailor-made for Smash. Here's to long-term hope.
If Waluigi appears in WarioWare, I want it to be an EVENT. A big plot twist, an unexpected final boss, the driving force of a plot, e.t.c. - not just "Waluigi's here now."

I don't feel the same about WL though, I'd prefer a new WL to just have Waluigi be Wario's sidekick on his treasure hunting adventures out the gate.

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216
Happy Halloween everyone!
Enjoy this fresh new outfit of Vampire Waluigi from MKT

Legend has it that if you have Spooky Vampire Waluigi in Mario Kart Tour,You’ll suddenly have Amazing Luck!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
View attachment 336788

Sooo PowerA had a Halloween Giveaway going on that didn’t have Nintendo involved with it and they were giving away a Waluigi Nintendo Switch Pro Controller.

THIS Was in Their Caption for it.. ☠☠

It's weird that two Nintendo-licensed brands have alluded to Waluigi in Smash now, doubt it means anything for us but I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of behind the scenes leakbait going on.

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 336788

Sooo PowerA had a Halloween Giveaway going on that didn’t have Nintendo involved with it and they were giving away a Waluigi Nintendo Switch Pro Controller.

THIS Was in Their Caption for it.. ☠☠
This is weird…I mean to be fair, we still have December before the deadline for the dlc is over. Also that skipped url number on their website…

I don’t wanna get my hopes up, I’ve already made peace with him being not playable this game. Why would they say this?

Also one of the hashtags is #smashbros too.

Last edited:

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216
This is weird…I mean to be fair, we still have December before the deadline for the dlc is over. Also that skipped url number on their website…

I don’t wanna get my hopes up, I’ve already made peace with him being not playable this game. Why would they say this?

Also one of the hashtags is #smashbros too.
My Personal take on it is that It’s just them doing a little playful Jab at the Purple Dude. They Know how Badly people want Him playable in a Smash Bros Title so I guess they decided to go Savage Mode LOL

I’d be SURPRISED if this somehow alluded to Him being a Bonus Fighter or something,But I highly doubt that’s the case here.

Besides,I’ve already accepted He probably won’t get in Ultimate lol

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
My Personal take on it is that It’s just them doing a little playful Jab at the Purple Dude. They Know how Badly people want Him playable in a Smash Bros Title so I guess they decided to go Savage Mode LOL

I’d be SURPRISED if this somehow alluded to Him being a Bonus Fighter or something,But I highly doubt that’s the case here.

Besides,I’ve already accepted He probably won’t get in Ultimate lol
Okay so this is a huge stretch but, Steve was announced in October and then we got Sephiroth at the game awards. Sora was announced in October, so bonus fighter at the game awards? We still have that skipped url number on their website.

Last edited:

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216
Okay so this is a huge stretch but, Steve was announced in October and then we got Sephiroth at the game awards. Sora was announced in October, so bonus fighter at the game awards? We still have that skipped url number on their website.
Well,SURE It could be possible we could maybe see something like that at TGAs But I dunno if they’d save something like that for Revealing Waluigi…

Steve Would have been Revealed at E3 (Had it not been cancelled bc Covid) and Sephiroth was at TGAs Last year because they were Major 3rd Party Characters That Sakurai and Nintendo KNEW Would Hype up the Community compared to that of the General 1st Party Nintendo Character.

And sure..You could say that Inkling,Daisy,and Ridley were all Shown at E3 in 2018,But That’s DIFFERENT in the fact they were showing off Ultimate for the First Time along with showing every character from every previous entry returning to the roster.

As cool as it would be,I doubt they’re revealing Waluigi at TGAs This year.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Thought about the Vampire Waluigi costume: isn't this the first time we've got something vaguely close to an official Waluigi equivalent to a Wario Land form? I guess Waluigi getting thwomp-squashed could count for a Flat Wario equivalent but still.

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
I still find it weird that they associated smash bros with this controller. And there was other merchandise that did too, right?

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
I can't afford another disappointment regarding Waluigi but honestly this such a weird thing that it might give some small glimmer of hope that the potential "bonus fighter" regarding that weird space on the site might actually happen, but I really really doubt it since Sakurai seems pretty adamant that anything smash is over now (I mean printing out the whole banner with everyone pretty much solidified that for me, unless this is all an act by him to not spoil one final surprise but I doubt that), so the main thing for me now is just hoping that the next game, whenever that happens, Waluigi gets in and it's just an grand as ultimate was (whether it be an ultimate deluxe edition or a sequel with everyone back again).

But yeah, if there is some hope, it would have to be the game awards itself, there's no other place it could possibly be, and would logically make sense when you consider how many people are watching and that Waluigi is Primarily popular with western audiences the most in terms of being a smash candidate, and the whole idea of a secret bonus final fighter would be the biggest highlight and show stealer of the event

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216
I still find it weird that they associated smash bros with this controller. And there was other merchandise that did too, right?
There was a Waluigi Poster that’s Name had “Super Smash Bros” in it instead of “Super Mario Bros”

But that more than likely was just a typo on Pyramid America’s Part lol

Other than that and the Giveaway for a Waluigi Pro Controller,I don’t think any other Sort of Merch has Associated Waluigi with Smash at all..From my Knowledge at least.

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
There was a Waluigi Poster that’s Name had “Super Smash Bros” in it instead of “Super Mario Bros”

But that more than likely was just a typo on Pyramid America’s Part lol

Other than that and the Giveaway for a Waluigi Pro Controller,I don’t think any other Sort of Merch has Associated Waluigi with Smash at all..From my Knowledge at least.
There was an official hat too.

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
I don't think it's logical to keep believing Waluigi has a chance of joining Smash Ultimate now after it was revealed Sora is the final fighter for the game.

We did very good everybody, for the past three years we kept supporting our man in purple while many detractors aimed to keep us down, shut us down, trying desperately to stop us from simply showing how much we appreciate this character and what he means to us.

And ironically the best thing that has ever happened to Waluigi, was him getting deconfirmed for Smash Ultimate. That alone gave Waluigi a push towards mainstream status more than anything in his 20 years of existence.

Don't be saddened, what matters the most is that we caught Nintendo's attention, and we could very possibly be reaping the rewards of our perseverance in the very near future.
The next Nintendo system is right around the corner, and it's very likely we'll get a new Smash game or an expanded version of Ultimate for that system.

Best thing is, I can guarantee you that every character will be back. Yes, "Everyone Is Back" is the new slogan.
That's simply because for most of Ultimate's development time, efforts and resources went into upgrading past fighters and stages, the only new content was the very minuscule number of base newcomers, and the DLC fighters and stages.

Some characters like Mario or Fox, have been using the same model back from Brawl with only some adjustments to their textures.
Right now, you have every character that has ever been in a Smash game use updated files, models, and textures, meaning they could very easily port the whole roster for Smash 6 with only minor adjustments.

After watching Sakurai's interview with Tekken director Harada, and reading Sakurai's final famitsu column I've come to the conclusion, that Sakurai would simply go this route of porting every character to ease base development for Smash 6.

I know it's not as easy as I make it sound, but think about it, the only reason characters were cut in the past was simply because they couldn't/or they didn't have the time to upgrade their files for new hardware/software.

I don't think people realise how much Smash 6 is going to kickass.
Sakurai is a perfectionist, but he has also shown us that he's willing to cut some corners (like cutting trophies for spirits) to achieve what some thought impossible.
I bet you that even now in vacation he's thinking about reaching over a 100 fighters in one Smash game.

Smash Ultimate has 89 fighters, and some folks think Sakurai will simply reboot the series with Smash 6 and give us like 50 fighters just so he can include a story mode similar to Sub-Space, which he very clearly shown us with Ultimate's 'story' mode has no intention of bringing that back.

I'm in team Smash 6 is going to be Ultimate 2.0, and I'm absolutely positive Waluigi is going to be a newcomer by then.
In the mean time, let's hope for an awesome Waluigi game.
We should look forward for Smash 6.
2023-2024 is when I predict the new Nintendo system will be released, and Smash 6 will surely follow the year after.

Last edited:

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216
I don't think it's logical to keep believing Waluigi has a chance of joining Smash Ultimate now after it was revealed Sora is the final fighter for the game.

We did very good everybody, for the past three years we kept supporting our man in purple while many detractors aimed to keep us down, shut us down, trying desperately to stop us from simply showing how much we appreciate this character and what he means to us.

And ironically the best thing that has ever happened to Waluigi, was him getting deconfirmed for Smash Ultimate. That alone gave Waluigi a push towards mainstream status more than anything in his 20 years of existence.

Don't be saddened, what matters the most is that we caught Nintendo's attention, and we could very possibly be reaping the rewards of our perseverance in the very near future.
The next Nintendo system is right around the corner, and it's very likely we'll get a new Smash game or an expanded version of Ultimate for that system.

Best thing is, I can guarantee you that every character will be back. Yes, "Everyone Is Back" is the new slogan.
That's simply because for most of Ultimate's development time, efforts and resources went into upgrading past fighters and stages, the only new content was the very minuscule number of base newcomers, and the DLC fighters and stages.

Some characters like Mario or Fox, have been using the same model back from Brawl with only some adjustments to their textures.
Right now, you have every character that has ever been in a Smash game use updated files, models, and textures, meaning they could very easily port the whole roster for Smash 6 with only minor adjustments.

After watching Sakurai's interview with Tekken director Harada, and reading Sakurai's final famitsu column I've come to the conclusion, that Sakurai would simply go this route of porting every character to ease base development for Smash 6.

I know it's not as easy as I make it sound, but think about it, the only reason characters were cut in the past was simply because they couldn't/or they didn't have the time to upgrade their files for new hardware/software.

I don't think people realise how much Smash 6 is going to kickass.
Sakurai is a perfectionist, but he has also shown us that he's willing to cut some corners (like cutting trophies for spirits) to achieve what some thought impossible.
I bet you that even now in vacation he's thinking about reaching over a 100 fighters in one Smash game.

Smash Ultimate has 89 fighters, and some folks think Sakurai will simply reboot the series with Smash 6 and give us like 50 fighters just so he can include a story mode similar to Sub-Space, which he very clearly shown us with Ultimate's 'story' mode has no intention of bringing that back.

I'm in team Smash 6 is going to be Ultimate 2.0, and I'm absolutely positive Waluigi is going to be a newcomer by then.
In the mean time, let's hope for an awesome Waluigi game.
We should look forward for Smash 6.
2023-2024 is when I predict the new Nintendo system will be released, and Smash 6 will surely follow the year after.
https://youtu.be/-s1ECnOZjyI

It was just recently Announced that BOTH Tournament Events and Spirit Events will be coming to an End on November 19th. Meaning that from that point on there will just be Re-runs of the Older Ones.

Soo..Yeah,If that doesn’t scream “We aren’t adding anything else to this Game” I dunno what else would tbh.

This also Highly Likely does indeed Mean Waluigi isn’t a Bonus Fighter or anything like that.

Still,I’m Rather Curious Why that URL Page on Nintendo’s Site remains the way that It has been ever since Pyra/Mythra’s Reveal and Release..

I’ve had the Idea that maybe it’ll be a Surprise Remix of Lifelight or something that You can only Download IF You have both the Fighters Passes on Your Nintendo Switch System.

If not that then..I dunno,Maybe the Desk from Smash 64 will become an Additional Stage like Small Battlefield,Only you have to Download It.

Last edited:
Top Bottom