• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waluigi - Everyone Else Cheated! (Assist Trophy Confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I found the reason why Waluigi is not in Super Mario 3D World. He's got fleas. :troll:

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
SSB4 is the perfect place for Waluigi to shine and make his big time appearance a good and ever lasting one

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
I think his Waa will end up with like 3-5 frame SA and Star KO capability at the edge of his mustache. Think Luigi's Up Special with Ike's Eruption super armor.

Edit: I need to stop breaking characters. I did the same thing to Marth earlier. ;_;

D

Deleted member

Bear in mind he is unlikely to have the WAA attack in an official Smash, given that it's a reference to a fancomic.

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
For a moveset, I'd prefer constant references to his abilities in the various spin-offs he's appeared in thus far. Like the air swimming, the weirdass quadruple arm backpack from Sports Mix, bob-omb tossing (inevitable if he's ever playable, really), a tennis racket/baseball bat/golf club swing as a side smash (would've been perfect had Peach not already donned the same attack) and practically any other moves that can be as blatant as possible. Think of a Mario spin-off version of the Villager. I think Sakurai pulled of that dude's moveset perfectly. And if Waluigi were to appear, I would love for him to do the same for his.

D

Deleted member

I'd rather not resort to using random sports equipment in a style like Villager.
That kind of style can be given to any Mario character that's in the sports games, and the style is not at all unique, hence the "like Villager" part.

If Waluigi gets in, he needs a style that reflects him specifically. The Air Swim is a good example, bombs (though not sure if that's a good idea since Bob-Ombs are already featured in Smash as OP weapons), emphasis on kicks and stomps for his superior leg strength, possibly the four-armed backpack machine, the Wall-Luigi, energy letter shots, puffs of purple smoke, etc.
Maybe have a tennis racket attack or two to reflect Waluigi's origin.

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
I'd rather not resort to using random sports equipment in a style like Villager.
That kind of style can be given to any Mario character that's in the sports games, and the style is not at all unique, hence the "like Villager" part.

If Waluigi gets in, he needs a style that reflects him specifically. The Air Swim is a good example, bombs (though not sure if that's a good idea since Bob-Ombs are already featured in Smash as OP weapons), emphasis on kicks and stomps for his superior leg strength, possibly the four-armed backpack machine, the Wall-Luigi, energy letter shots, puffs of purple smoke, etc.
Maybe have a tennis racket attack or two to reflect Waluigi's origin.

Hm. You do have a good point there. Being as unique as possible would definitely be more interesting for Waluigi's moveset. 'Course, the only moves I could imagine would be his special attacks as well as the kicks. Tennis racket moves to pay homage to his roots, and perhaps a dance move or two. :troll:

D

Deleted member

Waluigi likes the way you think, FalKoopa.
*Waluigi tosses soup at Fal*

D

Deleted member

Check this out; I found this on Wayback Machine.
http://web.archive.org/web/20030207124219/http://mariotennis.com/waluigi.asp

It's the old Mario Tennis 64 website's special Waluigi page.
Apparently, it featured a flash game where you clip Waluigi's toenails (ew) and can send them in a jar to your friends!
Because Flash is so outdated, it doesn't work.

EDIT:
Also, here's a video of the Mario Party-e game, "Waluigi's Reign", which shows Waluigi actually being a villain in one of those rare moments.

And TvTropes has him labeled as a Tragic Villain with this description:
TvTropes said:
Believe it or not, he is. Let´s just examine it for a moment: Like Wario, Waluigi is Luigi´s evil and extreme counterpart . Waluigi gets all of Luigi´s personal fears, all of his obnoxious awkwardness and all of his problems and takes them to huge levels. However, since he is Luigi´s evil counterpart, he also is a representation of Luigi´s negative aspects, namely: resentment, anger, jealousy. And, there is also the fact that he is a bad guy, which means he not only has all of Wario´s faults, but he also brings his wish to be the best alongside him. This massive duality and contrast makes for a tragically insecure and painfully obnoxiously awkward character who loathes his own existence and the ones of everyone around him. His overconfidence we see ? It´s only superficial. And unlike Luigi, Waluigi didn´t have any help in order to be capable of coping with these traits. All he had was Wario. Pair this with Waluigi´s unrequited crush on Princess Daisy, his immense bad luck and the constant failure of his schemes, and we have a character who everyone has an inclination to be at odds with at first glance.
....I kind of feel sorry for him now.
I guess all his haters can rest easy knowing he's one of them....

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
I think something like Smash 4 would give Waluigi a chance to get some self-confidence into himself. The poor fellow.

I mean if I hung around with a greedy, smelly man who had a crush on a 10/10 babe who had no interest in him, and I had no friends and no one to talk to, I'd be Waluigi too.

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
I think something like Smash 4 would give Waluigi a chance to get some self-confidence into himself. The poor fellow.

I mean if I hung around with a greedy, smelly man who had a crush on a 10/10 babe who had no interest in him, and I had no friends and no one to talk to, I'd be Waluigi too.

Hm. I dunno, he seems to rather enjoy his company. :p

And TvTropes has him labeled as a Tragic Villain with this description:

Jesus, that's depressing when you really think about it in that sense. An undeniably tragic villain.

D

Deleted member

He probably only enjoys Wario's company because it's the only company that's "normal" to him. :awesome:

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
I chuckled when I shouldn't have.
But HEY. At least ya tried.
It was all good afterwards when I realized I lacked the proper hairstyle and couldn't grow a mustache.

Initially I was like :mad088: but then when I realized why she laughed I was like ":yeahboi: thanks, bro"

Edit:

Yes, I posted the second line solely so I could use those smilies (but they were my real reactions).

D

Deleted member

New vid, but all it is is clearing up the confusion about the "Project: M Waluigi" since people were jumping to the conclusion that he was going to actually be in Project: M.
But at least we see the Project: M version of the PSA he's making.

WALUIGIOFFICIAL WAA

Smash Apprentice
26 Grimace Lane, Mushroom Kingdom, IMG EEK
WALUIGI TIME

WALUIGI LIKES TO SEE HIS FANS APPRECIATE HIS HANDSOME VISAGE. LOOK AT IT. LOOK AT WALUIGI...
HEHEHE

NOW THAT WALUIGI HAS YOUR ATTENTION, HE WOULD LIKE s̶l̶a̶v̶e̶s̶ HIS FRIENDS TO HELP HIM OUT

WALUIGI IS TRYING TO CREATE AN ORIGIN FOR HIMSELF, BECAUSE HE FORGOT WHERE HE CAME FROM AND THOSE CHEATERS AT NINTENDO DON´T WANT TO TELL HIM ! WAAA
LUCKILY, WALUIGI HAS FANS. LOTS OF FANS. MUAHAHAHA. AND ONE OF THEM IS GOING TO CREATE A STORY ABOUT ME AND MY BEAUTIFUL ADVENTURES (http://theanimationgod.deviantart.com/art/Waluigi-Land-362974394)

AND WHAT DOES WALUIGI´S FANS HAVE TO DO WITH IT ? WALUIGI IS HELPING HER TO CREATE MY BIOGRAPHY, BUT WALUIGI FORGETS THINGS NOW AND THEN. IF YOU HAVE ANY LOVE FOR YOUR LIFE OR YOU DON´T WANT ME TO STALK YOU TO DEATH, GO SEE THE PROLOGUE AND TELL ME OBSCURE THINGS YOU KNOW ABOUT WALUIGI

AND REMEMBER KIDS: THE MORE YOU KNOW, THE MORE YOU WAA.

D

Deleted member

Year of Waluigi?
As much as I would love that to happen, that won't be until at least 2015, don't you think? 15 years of Waluigi.

On another note, is technically a 3rd member of the "Wa" family (not the scrapped 'Warupeach').
Boshi. His Japanese name is Washi.

So, Wario, Waluigi, and Boshi should be a trio.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Year of Waluigi?

YES. BEST IDEA THAT ANYONE COULD EVER COME UP WITH. NO OTHER IDEA COULD EVER TOP THIS ONE. A YEAR DEDICATED TO THE MASTER OF WAA.

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
Year of Waluigi?
As much as I would love that to happen, that won't be until at least 2015, don't you think? 15 years of Waluigi.

On another note, is technically a 3rd member of the "Wa" family (not the scrapped 'Warupeach').

Gah, I freaking love that Boooshiii.
I approve of this idea entirely.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Year of Waluigi?

I've always called Boshi "Wa-Yoshi". I also want to see how cool "Wapeach" from Mario Tennis would've looked. In all reality, a family of Wario doppelgangers would really make a cool plot for a 3D Mario game.

WALUIGIOFFICIAL WAA

Smash Apprentice
A YEAR OF WALUIGI TIME IS THE BEST YEAR. FOR MY FIRST DECRETE WALUIGI SAYS...

BAN MARIO KART 7 OF EXISTENCE. WALUIGI WILL TOSS TOMATOS OR BOB-OMBS AT IT UNTIL THERE IS NO MORE MARIO KART 7. WALUIGI DEMANDS YOU TO JOIN HIM IN HIS QUEST TO ERASE THIS STUPID LOSER GAME OF EXISTENCE. WALUIGI WILL GO AFTER BOWSER NEXT, BECAUSE NO ONE CHEATS BETTER THAN WALUIGI

WA HA HA

WALUIGIOFFICIAL WAA

Smash Apprentice

DO YOU FEEL SORRY FOR WALUIGI ??

WELL, I WAS THE ONE WHO ADDED THAT DESCRIPTION TO THAT STUPID WEBSITE. YOU KNOW WHY ?? WELL....ER...BECAUSE... I ...err, i mean... WALUIGI WANTS PEOPLE TO THINK HE IS SAD ! SO THAT THEY LIKE WALUIGI MORE , WHICH WILL ALLOW WALUIGI TO TAKE OVER THEM ! BUT, IN TRUTH, I, I MEAN, WALUIGI IS THE MOST CONFIDENT PERSON IN THE WORLD !!! BECAUSE EVERYONE LOVES WALUIGI !!! RIGHT ???
right ???

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211

WELL, I WAS THE ONE WHO ADDED THAT DESCRIPTION TO THAT STUPID WEBSITE. YOU KNOW WHY ?? WELL....ER...BECAUSE... I ...err, i mean... WALUIGI WANTS PEOPLE TO THINK HE IS SAD ! SO THAT THEY LIKE WALUIGI MORE , WHICH WILL ALLOW WALUIGI TO TAKE OVER THEM ! BUT, IN TRUTH, I, I MEAN, WALUIGI IS THE MOST CONFIDENT PERSON IN THE WORLD !!! BECAUSE EVERYONE LOVES WALUIGI !!! RIGHT ???
right ???

Hey, what do you think of this?

[collapse="APC99's Waluigi Moveset of WAAsomeness"]
Waluigi
Jab: Waluigi punches twice and then pelvic thrusts forward.
F-Tilt: Waluigi does an extremely dramatized leg kick into the air.
U-Tilt: Waluigi performs a simple uppercut.
D-Tilt: Waluigi jumps off the floor, and then lands on his face.
Dash Attack: Waluigi does Ryu’s Hurricane Kick from Street Fighter, for some reason.
U-Smash: Vines swirl up from the ground around Waluigi as he spins.
F-Smash: Waluigi pulls out his tennis racket from his pocket and swings it forward, knocking items from opponents’ hands.
D-Smash: He does his leg stomp from his AT, pitfalling opponents into the ground.
N-Air: Waluigi does a spin similar to the Hammer Drill from Partners in Time, except with his tennis racket.
F-Air: He screams “WAA!” as a speech bubble appears in front of him.
B-Air: Waluigi does a corkscrew motion as he kicks behind him and spins.
U-Air: Waluigi kicks upward with enough motion to do a backflip.
D-Air: Waluigi kicks down with his foot, propelling him downwards.
Grab: Waluigi whips a vine in front of him, tethering the opponent.
Pummel: Waluigi headbutts the opponent as the vines get tighter on them.
U-Throw: Waluigi jumps upward and then backflips away as he sweeps them upwards with his leg.
F-Throw: Waluigi elbow-drops on the opponent and then whacks them with a golf club.
B-Throw: Waluigi jumps off of them and throws an eggplant onto them as it explodes.
D-Throw: Waluigi blasts purple energy onto the opponent as he leaps off of their stomach and lets the energy pummel them.
N-Special: Whisker Missile. Waluigi grins as he pulls out the Whisker Missile blaster from Mario Kart Arcade GP DX, and fires a heat-seeking missile at opponents.
S-Special: Bob-Omb. Waluigi mystically creates a Bob-Omb and launches it forward.
U-Special: Air Swim. Waluigi air swims upwards, much like Yoshi’s Flutter Jump, and then enters a glide from there.
D-Special: Mystic L. Waluigi distorts himself into his emblem and charges as he now can fire a blast of energy shaped like his emblem into any direction, similar to Mega Man’s Leaf Shield, by pressing the Special button in any direction.
Final Smash: Blue Shell. Waluigi picks up a blue shell and is lifted into the sky with it. Soon enough, he targets an opponent and then crashes into them with a large explosion, the radius covering half of Final Destination. This causes extreme damage and knockback.
[/collapse]

WALUIGIOFFICIAL WAA

Smash Apprentice

Waluigi
Dash Attack: Waluigi does Ryu’s Hurricane Kick from Street Fighter, for some reason.
F-Smash: Waluigi pulls out his tennis racket from his pocket and swings it forward, knocking items from opponents’ hands.
D-Smash: He does his leg stomp from his AT, pitfalling opponents into the ground.
N-Air: Waluigi does a spin similar to the Hammer Drill from Partners in Time, except with his tennis racket.
U-Throw: Waluigi jumps upward and then backflips away as he sweeps them upwards with his leg.
F-Throw: Waluigi elbow-drops on the opponent and then whacks them with a golf club.
B-Throw: Waluigi jumps off of them and throws an eggplant onto them as it explodes.
D-Throw: Waluigi blasts purple energy onto the opponent as he leaps off of their stomach and lets the energy pummel them.
N-Special: Whisker Missile. Waluigi grins as he pulls out the Whisker Missile blaster from Mario Kart Arcade GP DX, and fires a heat-seeking missile at opponents.
S-Special: Bob-Omb. Waluigi mystically creates a Bob-Omb and launches it forward.
U-Special: Air Swim. Waluigi air swims upwards, much like Yoshi’s Flutter Jump, and then enters a glide from there.
D-Special: Mystic L. Waluigi distorts himself into his emblem and charges as he now can fire a blast of energy shaped like his emblem into any direction, similar to Mega Man’s Leaf Shield, by pressing the Special button in any direction.
Final Smash: Blue Shell. Waluigi picks up a blue shell and is lifted into the sky with it. Soon enough, he targets an opponent and then crashes into them with a large explosion, the radius covering half of Final Destination. This causes extreme damage and knockback.
[/collapse]

Hmm, it seems pretty good, actually. I just thinks it needs a bit more "WAA" flavor. You know, be a bit more unique than from the other characters, since Waluigi always plays in a different and crazier way than the others. I can tell you took the fair from the Waluigi hack. I don´t mean to be rude, but this moveset is good. Just not unique enough.

Note: I won´t be speaking in Waluigi text all of the time( WAA WALUIGI TIME) because i came to this thread in order to have friendly discussions with other Waluigi fans, as well as some occasional roleplaying. I can´t suppress the WAA power all the time thougth, so sometimes i will speak in Waluigi text, sometimes i will not. Depends on my mood, really.

D

Deleted member

Waluigi
[/collapse]
It's definitely not a bad short-form moveset for Wauigi, APC, and it has a better down aerial than my Waluigi. One thing I would say it is giving him a regular Bob-Omb is a bit overpowered, plus Whisker Missile is a little random. But hey got to love the down special flavour (I did something similar). You know not to harp on about similarities to my set but I swear I also considered something like the forward aerial, but I didn't want to overdo the character's zany qualities and in a long-form set it'd probably come across as that.

Overall, I give this WAA/10.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Y'know, since Waluigi actually isn't gonna be in Smash 4 you guys could try to push him for Project M.

But given his current popularity, don't really expect it.

WELL, I WAS THE ONE WHO ADDED THAT DESCRIPTION TO THAT STUPID WEBSITE. YOU KNOW WHY ?? WELL....ER...BECAUSE... I...err, i mean... WALUIGI WANTS PEOPLE TO THINK HE IS SAD ! SO THAT THEY LIKE WALUIGI MORE , WHICH WILL ALLOW WALUIGI TO TAKE OVER THEM ! BUT, IN TRUTH, I, I MEAN, WALUIGI IS THE MOST CONFIDENT PERSON IN THE WORLD !!! BECAUSE EVERYONE LOVES WALUIGI !!! RIGHT ???
right ???

It's like having sympathy for the Devil. First you feel sorry for him, then the takes your soul.

In which case I'll still say REPENT THY EVIL ONE!

WALUIGIOFFICIAL WAA

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I finally finished that Waluigi set I said I'd do years ago, not going to post it here yet as there are some obvious improvements the MYM community pointed out to me (like that horrendous down aerial), but I hope you guys enjoy it even in its slightly flawed original state.

http://smashboards.com/threads/make...et-those-sets-in.335316/page-19#post-16045547

I actually like your moveset a lot. Sure, some moves could use a little more polishing, but it is fantastically creative. I´d give it A 8/10 ( that Dair is horrendous, though)

Y'know, since Waluigi actually isn't gonna be in Smash 4 you guys could try to push him for Project M.

It's like having sympathy for the Devil. First you feel sorry for him, then the takes your soul.

WELL, LOOK WHO APPEARED AGAIN ! THE STUPID JOY-KILLER MONKEY !

WALUIGIOFFICIAL WAA

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I finally finished that Waluigi set I said I'd do years ago, not going to post it here yet as there are some obvious improvements the MYM community pointed out to me (like that horrendous down aerial), but I hope you guys enjoy it even in its slightly flawed original state.

http://smashboards.com/threads/make...et-those-sets-in.335316/page-19#post-16045547

I actually like your moveset a lot. Sure, some moves could use a little more polishing, but it is fantastically creative. I´d give it A 8/10 ( that Dair is horrendous, though)

WELL, LOOK WHO APPEARED AGAIN ! THE STUPID JOY-KILLER MONKEY !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom