• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Walmart Mafia - Game! Capitalism WINS!!!! HAHA **** you commies! =D

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Don't wanna forget. Good play PJB. I had you as town and missed the few scumtells from you. I did go 'why pjb ;-;'.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Man I'm really curious as to rather or not PJB would have won this if he had a shot or not. Like if things went optimally for scum (KBG cc RR Day 2 -> RR lynch -> PJB recruit -> KGB lynched Day 3 - >soup nk) then it's really hard to say rather or not town would have won. With Soup dead by Day 4 FML might have lived with WL's support. In retrospect scum could have killed this game, but that was kinda nipped in the bud by KGB failing to be here to do anything.

Which makes me think that scum may have been a bit powerful in this set up. If I ever run this set up again then I think that I'm gonna not tell the traitor who scum is because bus -> recruit + town points is a pretty powerful and easy strat for scum as WL points out. Plus scum has a lot of incentive to claim power roles for various reasons which just also kind of adds on to their power.

Orboknown tbh your play was pretty scummy not gonna lie. I'm not sure if your over reactions to pressure were actually logically scummy but what's important is that it looked terrible. Furthermore your attack on Ran was one of the most opportunistic things I have ever seen. Like pro tip just don't ****ing attack Ran as scum because everyone who has been around can spot his town play from a mile away. I appreciate what you were trying to do, which was have your own voice but honestly it may have been better if you just remained more of a background player. I get the feeling that you felt "pressured" to scumhunt but honestly if you just played to your meta you probably would have went farther. That said I'm glad that you were so proactive in coming up with strats in the scum qt. Like your plan to get KGB to cc was actually pretty good. Just you know don't force yourself onto uncomfortable territory when you don't have to.

Also Orb I saw that you tried to draw a connection case early on between Ran and someone else using the logic that I used in E&A against DH. The problem with that is that you shouldn't be building connections based on so little information because honestly at that point in the game any interaction could be a connection.

Rake I didn't read any of FML's posts so I have nothing to say to you. However I did notice that they were . . . long so I guess you really got into the game, which is good. I guess.

Ran your reads only on were spot on so it's sad that you dropped them. Like I didn't really read in depth so I don't know why you were on Zen's trail but apparently it had to do with him not having his mind made up? Remember Ran, intent over output. Like the fact that someone doesn't have reads immediately doesn't necessarily incriminate them. It could just mean that they're trying to get a grip on the game. You really have to read into the situation to see if what a player is doing is specifically scummy. Like remember PJB's play E&A mafia. He didn't have reads Day 1, and in that specific example it was actually scummy because he never actually made the attempt to gain reads (wasn't scumhunting) and instead after being pushed for so long only produced nulls (fake reads). Instead of giving out reads he was merely content to defend himself (which isn't scummy by itself, but in the specific context he did it for too long instead of trying to expend upon his null reads). So in that specific game under that specific context PJB was scummy for not giving out reads, but here for Zen . . . well tbh I didn't read Zen's play at all so I honestly have no idea what I'm talking about or rather or not the wagon on Zen was logical or what. However the lesson I gave is still very true.

Other than that, didn't read your play Ran so ehhh.

Marshy/KevinM you guys were a baller with spot on reads so good **** to you two. I completely understand the DoS killing your motivation to play but it was still sad having to let go of just a strong slot.

WL you were ehhh this game. Like I don't get why FML was town to you and after he turned up scum you didn't really make an effort to find the traitor. Still though I'm glad that you were really passionate about joining this game and thanks again for replacing in.

Soup you did fantastic this game. Your reads were good the entire way through and you were the first one to realize why PJB wasn't as town as he initially seemed to be. It filled me with glee inside when you pointed out that since FML was so terribly scummy it didn't really leave the traitor with much of a choice to to bus.

Joey you also did fantastic. Your reads were solid as well and as Soup pointed out you made your thought process crystal clear. Everything you did this game just reeked of town so you really shouldn't be on hard on yourself. You're a great player who's worth a lot more than you make yourself out to be. Like seriously there isn't enough room in Dgames for two players who are insecure about themselves so lighten up and be proud to be you.

RR you did fine. The only problem with your play was how stubborn you were with the PJB read. Like it lead you (and soup, and Joey) to carelessly lynching down a list which almost got you guys in serious trouble. What I think you (and really, every other townie) should have considered was the fact that PJB simply wasn't looking for the traitor. I think that was the single most scummy thing he did this game and it's a bit sad that no one picked up on that. Anyways though you ultimately made the right decision when it counted most and you did it based on our own reread. I'm a bit curious what it was in your reread that made you pick PJB as scum and if you could enlighten me that you be great.

PJB your scum play was a step up from your previous scum play so good job leveling up. You fearlessly bussed your scum mates, and you did so well. Like your posts Days 1-3 were pretty solid. Also you kept a simple style in your wording which I think actually worked in your favor. As Kuzi pointed out in his interview something easy scum can do to look genuine is just be as concise as possible (like KevinM). Like some players like FF feel the need to say a whole lot in their posts when they are scum, however this has the drawback of him posting a lot of obviously disingenuous ****. By playing like you did you were pretty much immune to this.

However I think you faltered when you failed to seal the deal Day 4 onwards. Maybe if you were recruited you could have gotten away with coasting but you weren't. You were in a situation were you literally had to lynch every vt in the game to win, and in order to do that you were going to need to look as townie as possible. You had to realize that you were getting into a situation were you would eventually square off against only other "obvious townie" players, and knowing such you really should have continued the effort to look townie. However I feel like without mates to bus you lacked direction, which I think you should work on the next time you roll scum. Don't become another Gheb on us now.

Again it's really unfortunate that KGB's inaction got you in just a ****ty situation PJB but sometimes that's just how the cookie crumbles. Honestly I was half expecting you to just give up after KGB's lynch and I wouldn't have blamed you for it. However the fact that you stuck in there I think speaks volumes about you as a player. I'm really glad that you didn't go down without a fight and I'm eager to see how you further progress as a player.

Vinyl as soup pointed out you literally did nothing this game nor do you ever do anything in any of the games you join. I'm legit curious to know what drives you as a player. Why do you keep playing? What are you getting out of? You said that you learned from this game. What did you learn exactly?

#HBC | Dancer

As for MVP, I'm not sure. I'm open to discussion but while soup/Joey/RR/PJB all did solid I'm not sure if anyone really did something that I think is really MVP worthy.

#HBC | Dancer

Night Actions

Night 1:

-Ran researches YOLO (failed, he was killed the same Night).
-Dabuz protects PJB (success).
-Mafia killed Ran (success).
-FML rolecops PJB (success, learns that he is the traitor).

Night 2:

-RR protects PJB (success).
-Mafia fails to send in a kill (no action is taken).

Night 3 onwards:

-RR protects PJB (success).

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I knew Orbo knew I was the traitor when he kept asking me to cooperate with him. I was certain I was gonna get recruited after that, which is what was supposed to happen, but no NA got sent in... :salt: I was kinda surprised I drew all the protects.

Was super mad the scum killed Ran. Dunno why you guys chose that target, he was one of the people I wanted in lylo. I would've killed YOLO. If all those replacements hadn't happened, I probably could have won this too.

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
Killed ran over marshy because thought marshy was gonna get the doc. Also because ran was in our pr pool.

FullMetalLynch

I knew Orbo knew I was the traitor when he kept asking me to cooperate with him. I was certain I was gonna get recruited after that, which is what was supposed to happen, but no NA got sent in... :salt: I was kinda surprised I drew all the protects.

Was super mad the scum killed Ran. Dunno why you guys chose that target, he was one of the people I wanted in lylo. I would've killed YOLO. If all those replacements hadn't happened, I probably could have won this too.
not worth it late game wifom to toss around, plus no inves is better than no marshy imo

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Ahh. Thanks guys. I guess being open about my thought process is a good thing XD. I'm just disappointed in the plan I suggested mostly. It was a terrible idea (although I really did feel that MP was scummy and I wanted Vinyl to go as well since I couldn't read him). Laundry didn't really need to go. Really disappointed in that lynch (even though I wasn't there for it). Was also really afraid people would call me out for my gut town read on KBG (I need to learn how to read newer players lol). I don't recall being on the lynch either (I think I may have actually missed that whole phase), so I honestly thought I was a goner after I threw my vote onto PJB. I guess either no one noticed or it wasn't enough to make people change their minds on me lol.

Killing Ran was kind of smart. It was at the point where we all saw him as town, and if we didn't have the shut down thingy, Ran would have just went to town on FML with the support of myself, YOLO, Dabuz, and others. Add in the PR read and suddenly you have a pretty good kill imo.

Speaking of the shut down thing, that really had the potential to ruin town's game imo. For some reason it felt like everyone just forgot about FML. The only thing that kept us on that was Ryu. When Ryu claimed doctor and no one CC'd, it was pretty much FML lynch time. KBG could have gotten away if he CC'd, but the lynch order would have more than likely been KBG -> FML followed by idk what. PJB would have had a way higher chance of winning for sure, though.

FullMetalLynch

It was all about the success of the scum team. The cc would have brough us a recruit plus one more kill before i had died. Would have actually been mylo after the kbg lynch iirc

YOLOSWAG

marshy|omni
if you lynched us you need to get some swag and reevaluate ya life

woop

damn yoloswag how come you get so much cash? get so much ass? from hos who be first class?

wooow swag

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
On my reads, my read on KBG wasn't serious, so it makes sense to drop that to let my read on him actually develop. I did that to get the game going, and it did.

Now the only one I'd count would be Orbo, but yeah I got distracted by Zen and I'll try to keep in mind of what you said. I town read PJB so there's that.

FullMetalLynch

Win was secured had the cc occurred. PJB could have actually killed. Also joker should have hammered whoever it was(i think ryu) instead of unvoting and trying to be towniee, his postion was secured and the game woulda been over after that

#HBC | Dancer

Win was secured had the cc occurred. PJB could have actually killed. Also joker should have hammered whoever it was(i think ryu) instead of unvoting and trying to be towniee, his postion was secured and the game woulda been over after that
PJB hammering claimed doc because "scum would totally claim doc lol" would have def hurt his standing in the town though.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I'm a little sad I didn't try harder, I think I could still have won it. I just... wasn't really motivated. I saw the end of the tunnel, and it was dark. By the time I got to lylo, convincing the last lynch was going to be a nightmare. If I had access to night kills, it wouldn't have been so daunting. I'm pretty happy with my play, as a whole, though. There's that.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm a little sad I didn't try harder, I think I could still have won it. I just... wasn't really motivated. I saw the end of the tunnel, and it was dark. By the time I got to lylo, convincing the last lynch was going to be a nightmare. If I had access to night kills, it wouldn't have been so daunting. I'm pretty happy with my play, as a whole, though. There's that.

Kinda how I felt in Scooter Pilgrim.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Why did people want to lynch lynch solely because I claimed Doc, seriously?

I've very often read games around here where scum pushes that, or when town does push it, it's still a ML. Logically I get why, but in an open set-up with no CC, why.

This is why I hold a policy to always CC and never wait. Scum loses in 1 for 1 trades always even if they are trying to snag a PR.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Why did people want to lynch lynch solely because I claimed Doc, seriously?

I've very often read games around here where scum pushes that, or when town does push it, it's still a ML. Logically I get why, but in an open set-up with no CC, why.

This is why I hold a policy to always CC and never wait. Scum loses in 1 for 1 trades always even if they are trying to snag a PR.
I dunno, paranoia I guess. It seemed very unlikely that you were scum and moreso that scum simply weren't even bothering with you so as to create a WIFOM bomb. I even called that the day beforehand and no one listened.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
This is the danger of bussing mercilessly. You gotta be able to lynch people. I dunno why you gave up though, Ruy was on your side and was rather stubborn about the idea of lynching you. As long as you held onto that connection, you would've won the game. Your lack of presence let Soup argue back to Ruy and convince him to look at you again.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
WL you were ehhh this game. Like I don't get why FML was town to you and after he turned up scum you didn't really make an effort to find the traitor. Still though I'm glad that you were really passionate about joining this game and thanks again for replacing in.
I think most people are convinced I thought he was town when that wasn't really the case. I did say I thought it was TvT but that was moreso to suggest that I thought they were of a similar alignment. The way they interacted didn't particularly read of a townie really having latched onto a scummer, but moreso that they were of the same alignment. It was definitely the way FML was responding that gave me this vibe. Turns out they were of the same alignment after all, I just guessed the wrong one.

Overall though, I didn't really strongly consider him as town. To me, I just looked at what was going on around me and saw two people pushing him, one who decided that being curt to the point of irritation and one that was blindly tunneling him, refusing to work with him, and basically saying "I'm not giving you an out." Keep in mind, I never read D1. I never got to see how his slot integrated into the game, let alone the stuff that people were convinced he was scum on. I asked for half the phase and begrudgingly got it about midway through the phase, only to be let down because it didn't seem that strong to me. So I didn't want to lynch him not wholly on the merits of his towniness (because when pressed to reread, I saw more of what they were saying) but because the reasons for his lynch were rather lacking from what I saw.

Ultimately I was wrong, and I'm not shying away from that. I just figured I'd explain my train of thought here as I don't really see the error of it (outside of the conclusion) given the circumstances I had to work with.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I think most people are convinced I thought he was town when that wasn't really the case. I did say I thought it was TvT but that was moreso to suggest that I thought they were of a similar alignment. The way they interacted didn't particularly read of a townie really having latched onto a scummer, but moreso that they were of the same alignment. It was definitely the way FML was responding that gave me this vibe. Turns out they were of the same alignment after all, I just guessed the wrong one.

Overall though, I didn't really strongly consider him as town. To me, I just looked at what was going on around me and saw two people pushing him, one who decided that being curt to the point of irritation and one that was blindly tunneling him, refusing to work with him, and basically saying "I'm not giving you an out." Keep in mind, I never read D1. I never got to see how his slot integrated into the game, let alone the stuff that people were convinced he was scum on. I asked for half the phase and begrudgingly got it about midway through the phase, only to be let down because it didn't seem that strong to me. So I didn't want to lynch him not wholly on the merits of his towniness (because when pressed to reread, I saw more of what they were saying) but because the reasons for his lynch were rather lacking from what I saw.

Ultimately I was wrong, and I'm not shying away from that. I just figured I'd explain my train of thought here as I don't really see the error of it (outside of the conclusion) given the circumstances I had to work with.
The main thing that frustrated me with you was the not reading Day 1 part, I thought you could have been scum trying to use that to give out different reads and push town in a different direction solely off that, wasn't sure what you full comp situation was either.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
When we hang the capitalists they will sell us the rope we use.

You meh have wan the battle thist time Americanz, enjoy it while it lasts. Your cap italism will fall whether it be by our hands or by your own.

Come brothers,

In the Soviet army it takes more courage to retreat than advance.

MVP: Joey

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
The main thing that frustrated me with you was the not reading Day 1 part, I thought you could have been scum trying to use that to give out different reads and push town in a different direction solely off that, wasn't sure what you full comp situation was either.

I'm with Ryu on this one. I can understand (sorta >_>) if there were like 70 pages... but there was less than that. Replacing in and not reading D1 is like being in D1 but lurking the whole time and not reading (or participating) and then reading from D2. OH WAIT. lol

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I figured you would, Ran.

And yeh, I know, but I really didn't have like 3-4 hours to donate to this game that I couldn't have spent doing homework/being in the studio/practicing piano/not completely taken by IRL friends/band, etc. I can stay on top of a game if I join it immediately but replacing in kind threw that outta the window.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
this kinda shoots my 100% win record as scum in the foot, though it's only 3 games so far. (4 if you count the one I started on another site during the DDoS, which was also a nice victory)

I just haven't really been feeling mafia, lately. I think I'm taking a break from games for awhile. I'd say I'll join the next setup that grabs my interest, but this setup actually really grabbed my interest, and I lost it partway through. Probably because I was in too many games at once. We'll see if I feel like getting into more games when KvK is over.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
this kinda shoots my 100% win record as scum in the foot, though it's only 3 games so far. (4 if you count the one I started on another site during the DDoS, which was also a nice victory)

I just haven't really been feeling mafia, lately. I think I'm taking a break from games for awhile. I'd say I'll join the next setup that grabs my interest, but this setup actually really grabbed my interest, and I lost it partway through. Probably because I was in too many games at once. We'll see if I feel like getting into more games when KvK is over.
When kvk is over hit me up we could hydra if you wanted.

No idea what it'd be called because i'm bad with names

Top Bottom