• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Walmart Mafia - Game! Capitalism WINS!!!! HAHA **** you commies! =D

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
[collapse=Rules]
Fundamentals
1.) Have fun, be nice, don't be a ****.​
2.) Once you have died in the game, you are only allowed to make 1 more post which should consist of “bah go scum/town”​
3.) No communication about this game is allowed with non-players or players who are dead, even if you yourself are dead. (If you are dead, you may not discuss the game with anyone who is currently playing, even if you could while you were alive, unless your role specifically states otherwise.)​
4.) Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. This includes posting content outside of the game thread and linking to it in the game thread.​
5.) Do not edit your posts. Double posting is fine in its place.​
6.) I reserve the right to deny anyone from signing up/replacing.​
7.) You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. This includes any additional PMs I may send to you outside of your role PM. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images, videos or links in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.).​
7.a) This rule only applies to posts in the thread. If you are allowed to communicate privately with other players you may freely quote mod communication there.​
8.) You may not post screenshots of any kind.​
9.) The use of non-English, invisible, hidden, coded, or otherwise intentionally hidden or indecipherable text is strictly prohibited. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)​
10.) You may not quote logs of communication with other players. You are free to paraphrase.​
10a.) You may not quote logs of hydra communication. You are free to paraphrase​
11.) Failure to send in your night action(s) will result in no action(s) being taken.​
11a.) Unless stated otherwise, all Night Actions should be sent to myself via PM.​
12.) If you are unclear about any of the rules then you are expected to ask the moderator for clarification before taking any action which you believe may break a rule. If you are unclear about any information in your role PM or the sample PM or any mod communication, feel free to ask me about it.​
13.) Punishments for breaking any of the rules of this game include but are not limited to: temporary or permanent Moderator Votes, Modkill, forced replacement, blacklisting from future games, your win condition being changed to that of survivor upon your death.​
Voting and Lynching
1.) Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example, vote: Virgilijus.​
2.) To unvote, use the command unvote. For example, unvote vote: Eor. You do not have to unvote before voting again.​
3.) No lynch is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, vote: No Lynch.​
4.) After the majority lynch has been decided but before the lynch scene is posted, there will be a Twilight phase. Everyone can post in this phase, including the lynch majority target. The Twilight phase ends when I post the lynch scene and officially begin the Night phase.​
5.) The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a preset deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be no lynch.​
6.) There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase, regardless of whether the thread is closed or not.​
Activity and Deadline
1.) You are required to post every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods (however much I think that is) will result in your replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. When feasible, I will tell you if I'm considering replacing/modkilling you if feasible. If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, you must notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement or modkill.​
1.a) If you are a player with a history or bad activity, it is possible it will take less prods before your replacement than it will take for others, watch out and be active!​
2.) During Day phase of the game, players may request a deadline extension by bolding the words: Request: Deadline Entension. If the majority of players do this, then I will grant an extra 72 hours for that Day phase. This may only be done once during the game.​
2.a) Generally I will not grant any extra deadline extensions, but under extreme circumstances (such as crash boards acting up) then I may passibly make an exception. The amount of extra time granted in these scenarios will vary upon my discretion.​
3.) Days will generally last 9 days.​
4.) Nights will generally last approximately 48 hours.​
5.) After someone is lynch, the Twilight phase will begin. It ends whenever I come into the thread to post a flip. Otherwise, there is no "set" amount of time for a Twilight phase.​
Game-specific
1.) I am Sworddancer the Game Moderator, and for all intents and purposes, the Game God. Any issues with this game or the players in it should be dealt with by talking to me directly via Private Messaging.​
2.) All roles are assigned entirely at random.​
3.) The flavor and game roles were made independent of one another for this game. Also, flavors were randomly assigned to the actual roles, so flavor is not an indicator of role or alignment in any way whatsoever for my game.​
4.) Modkills only end days if the player being modkilled is town-aligned. Otherwise, day continues. In the event that a player is modkilled during twilight/night, the modkill will affect the next day phase (meaning that day would automatically end if the player is town and that day would continue as normal if otherwise). Exceptions to this rule may be made based on the state of the game and my personal judgment.​
5.) This is an open game. The set up will be posted in the next collapse tags.​
6.) All of these rules are written on a dry erase board. In the event of a conflict between these rules and any game-specific rules or mod communication, the game-specific rules/mod communication take precedence.​
[/collapse]
[collapse=Set Up]
Set up
1 town researcher​
1 town doctor​
6 vts​
vs.​
1 mafia rolecop​
1 mafia one-shot Roleblocker​
1 mafia traitor​
NAR
roleblock​
doctor​
kill​
researcher​
recruit​
Notes
  • The researcher checks to see if someone has a Night action.
  • If the mafia kills the traitor they are recruited.
  • The traitor knows who the mafia are but the mafia does not know who the traitor is.
  • The doctor, one-shot roleblocker, and vts are all standard.
[/collapse]

[collapse=Player List]
Players
1. PB+J​
2. Vinyl.​
3. -Masquerain-​
4. dabuz Red Ryu​
5. soup BadWolf soup​
6. -Vocal- Missing Person​
7. Orboknown Full Metal Lynch (Orboknown/Rake)​
8. Keybladeguy​
9. Zen​
10. Ranmaru​
11. YOLOSWAG (KevinM/marshy) WashedLaundry​
Alive
1. PB+J​
3. -Masquerain-​
4. Red Ryu​
5. soup​
Dead
9. Zen (Furbies, vanilla townie) lynched Day 1.
10. Ranmaru (Mountain Dew, town researcher) killed Night 1.
7. FullMetalLynch (Zen communist rolecop) was lynched Day 2.
8. KeyBladeGuy (Zen's Funky Disco German Theme Song, communist One-Shot RoleBlocker) was lynched Day 3.
6. Missing Person (A bottle of Pepto-Bismol, vanilla townie) was lynched Day 4.
2. Vinyl. (The Tace Bell Across the Street, vanilla townie) was lynched Day 5.
11. WashedLaundry (Pper Towels, vanilla townie) was lynched Day 6.
Replacements
1. Red Ryu
2. Bad Wolf
3. YOU?!​

[/collapse]
[collapse=Sample Role PM]

Welcome to Walmart Mafia, Player X! You are Nike Tennis Shoes, vanilla townie.

The ultimate sports shoe with that check mark logo swag, you would be stomping all over mafia if you were allowed into this game. So to keep things fair for the mafia, you'll allowing yourself to be put to the sidelines as the sample role PM for his game.

Abilities: None, since you're just a sample role PM. However, if you were an actual vt, your abilities would be your thoughts, voice, and vote, and it would be advised that you use them wisely.

Win Condition: Again, none since you're not actually in this game. However, if you were, you would win once all the scum had been eliminated from the game. This would apply to you even if you were dead.
[/collapse]

#HBC | Dancer

So no, I don't know what's wrong with the collapse tags. It doesn't really matter though so I'll just keep it that way for now.

Role PMs will go out later tonight after work. The game will start after everyone confirms that they have gotten their role PM.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
OP needs a town win con somewhere!

No commies to root for makes me :c though.

:059:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Oh nevermind ignore the PM I sent you.

If the unrecruited traitor is the lone surviving scum does town still need to lynch him in order to win?

#HBC | Dancer

So I kinda fell asleep half way through role PMs. Half of you know your role, and the other half don't, and it will remain that way until after class today.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
V/LA tomorrow morning. Apartment staff coming to put in new floor, won't be in until later that night (or before if they finish earlier)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
What avatar makes sense with me then

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Or you could just be like me and sporadically change your avatar every week.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
My problem is, I love my doc avatar but feel like I'm whoring avatars.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
On a side-note, I really wanted to roll Mafia or Traitor this game because I'm feeling in a manipulative mood. I guess I'll just have to deal.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
When the game begins, I'd like everyone to immediately state who they think the two mafia are. No reasoning, just provide two names. They can be completely random choices, just provide two names. This is to limit traitor's options for RVS as well as to provide a more efficient RVS stage.

Top Bottom