• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WABA/USGA/SIEGE2010: OCT.2ND: $2,000 for SSF4&SSBB Tournaments: Atlanta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Min, what will be happening before brawl, anything that we as visitors can do?

Will it be possible if someone got a hotel room to get friendlies going in there?

I already have confirmation from quite a few OoSers coming to this including Ally and Ninjalink, and stuff so a good impression is important and stuff. How late do we have the venue to and if we don't finish can we finish in a hotel room since the venue is a hotel?

is preregistration required?

Waba

Smash Apprentice
Min, what will be happening before brawl, anything that we as visitors can do?

Will it be possible if someone got a hotel room to get friendlies going in there?

I already have confirmation from quite a few OoSers coming to this including Ally and Ninjalink, and stuff so a good impression is important and stuff. How late do we have the venue to and if we don't finish can we finish in a hotel room since the venue is a hotel?

is preregistration required?
There will be activities from Friday morning until Sunday at the Hotel. We have the room til we finish, so no worries except I hope we don't finish TOO LATE:urg: We don't get the room until 4:30pm that day:urg: It will be still EPIC:chuckle:

MIN I will bring a setup to this. TV + wii + brawl.
Cool...I'll put you on the list:)

bigman40

Smash Master
We need to get a headcount to see how many people are coming (will be coming) on the OP and whether we need to make pools early for seeding and such. I don't want to be screwed from poor seeding anymore.

Also Min, please fix the pre-register link. It's not working.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
We need to get a headcount to see how many people are coming (will be coming) on the OP and whether we need to make pools early for seeding and such. I don't want to be screwed from poor seeding anymore.

Also Min, please fix the pre-register link. It's not working.
I don't think that GA should be meeting up in pools because OOS players are planning on coming to this too.

10 pools sounds pretty legit :)

bigman40

Smash Master
I don't think that GA should be meeting up in pools because OOS players are planning on coming to this too.

10 pools sounds pretty legit :)
The question is, how many OoS will be coming?

For a headcount right now, we have:

Ally
Ninjalink
AL
NC (?)
MD/VA (?)
NFL (?)

If we wanted more, then I'd suggest adding in Louisiana, and maybe a few surrounding states that can make the drive.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
3 of us from NFL prob more tho...

I'm a find out how many from CFL are coming... Just assume 4 4 right now...

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Will the venue be closing at it's normal time during siege? If not we should try and hype up a AL/GA power rankings crew battle.

Player-1

Smash Legend
If someone that plays smash whether it be an OoSer or what decides to get a room in the hotel then even if the venue does close after the tournament then we can do it there

HotWings

Smash Ace
So if someone loses do they go to losers bracket or are they out completly?

Oh and i will be there, it was between this one and the one in auburn but this one sounds much more fun and i cant wait to be ***** by TRW >_<

(So does this mean im signed up or do i have to sign up somewhere else?) Sorry im new to all this stuff, this will be my first tournament.

Umby

Smash Master
So if someone loses do they go to losers bracket or are they out completly?

Oh and i will be there, it was between this one and the one in auburn but this one sounds much more fun and i cant wait to be ***** by TRW >_<

(So does this mean im signed up or do i have to sign up somewhere else?) Sorry im new to all this stuff, this will be my first tournament.
It's double elimination, so they go to loser's bracket.

As far as pre-registration, posting to confirm your attendance is just to get a head count. You'll still have to sign up and pay at the venue.

HotWings

Smash Ace
Ok thank you Umby. I hope my GPS does a good job of getting me there lol.

Oh and i also wish we was doing doubles. Like maybe make the tournament earlier and put doubles in there or something??

HotWings

Smash Ace
Well if i get there in time i will join it. Not sure who i will team up with but if there is someone that would like to team up with me i would. But then again i have never been in that area b4 so thats why im leaveing like way early that way i know im where i need to be and im not late at all.

I would rather sit around doing nothing for a few hours than to be a little late and not be able to enter.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771

Is that what people do? They get excited that they're gonna get destroyed by me?

You should have a little more faith in yourself, heh. Don't believe the hype; it's not a foregone conclusion.

Or, at least, it WASN'T, UNTIL I GAINED MOD STATUS

HotWings

Smash Ace
Im not saying that im not good but i know im not great lol. I would just like to be able to play yal and see at least what im doing wrong because im never going to get better by just fighting my brother and cpus lol.

Oh and my dad may be coming back in 2 weeks from afghanistan so i know he will want to spend a whole bunch of time with us because he has been gone for so long over there. But i will try to make it there as best as i can.

Kid Dizzy

Smash Rookie
I'll be bringing my TV, Wii, and recording setup.

I'll likely be coming in from 316/I-85 (it could be 400 since it's close to the Perimeter.)

So, anyone along the way from Athens to the venue, speak up!

And can someone house me and my passengers for this.

*Wishing he was still @ Tech*
whoaaa a competitive player in athens? >_> where have you been all my life?! i would like to tag along if that's cool, although I'm a complete stranger and smashboards noobie. haha i'd throw down for gas and everything! but for starters, i would like to meet you and your buddies since i have noone to really play with when I'm at uga.

Saltix

Smash Lord
Nobody responded to my post, but would someone be willing to get me from Kennesaw State University?
I don't have my car on campus

Neo X

Smash Apprentice
I don't think I can come to this. I have a baseball game on that date. :(:(:(
Anyone knows what time the tournament starts?

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
whoaaa a competitive player in athens? >_> where have you been all my life?! i would like to tag along if that's cool, although I'm a complete stranger and smashboards noobie. haha i'd throw down for gas and everything! but for starters, i would like to meet you and your buddies since i have noone to really play with when I'm at uga.
Ok, I'll set something up within two weeks. I sent you a friend request, you should probably accept it. Just saying. :011:

Where do you live in Athens btw? I live in the Southeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom