• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waba Game presents: [There is a new thread, check last post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Good games to all, I had a lot of fun!

love you too... geez what does a guy have to do around here to get a little recognition? lol

btw, is there going to be a thread on this in the tournament results section?

so ur from GA i assume?

aslong as ur not from OOS(out of state) im happy

LOL...This is what happens when I skip 1 GA tourney... step it up GA :/

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Ok kool. You're not that far from my job. We should get some matches sometime. Good **** winning and reppin Georgia sir!! Thats real talk! lol

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
Ok kool. You're not that far from my job. We should get some matches sometime. Good **** winning and reppin Georgia sir!! Thats real talk! lol
Thanks ^_^ yea we should definently play sometime and you should go to the next tourney too (May 17th) which I cant wait for >_>

GA Peach

Smash Lord
Good games to all, I had a lot of fun!

love you too... geez what does a guy have to do around here to get a little recognition? lol

btw, is there going to be a thread on this in the tournament results section?

well, i suppose i could have lied to placate you, but i really don't know who you are... >_>

Tehdave

Smash Journeyman
Hello Smashers...This is Min from Waba Game.
I'm sorry for being so late with results, but better late than never. :ohwell:
I want to thank all of you who attended Waba's tournaments for your support.
I am open to any ideas and/or concerns to help the Smash community grow,
so call, e-mail, or post and I will try to respond as soon as I can.
Hope to see you at the next tourney on 5/17.

Event Results for WABA singles Brawl Tournament 4/19

Player Wins Losses Win Pct

E.C. 7 1 .88

George 5 2 .71

Franklin, Chris 5 2 .71

cooke, Ryan 5 2 .71

Tilt 5 2 .71

Xif 4 2 .67

Full Metal 4 2 .67

Kim, William 3 2 .60

Y-NO 3 2 .60

Luu, Nguyen 2 2 .50

Patterson, Mike 2 2 .50

PB&J 2 2 .50

One Janitor 2 2 .50

Poet 2 2 .50

Solo 2 2 .50

Desu 2 2 .50

Parker, Micheal 1 2 .33

Nameless 1 2 .33

Siren 1 2 .33

Animal 1 2 .33

Neon 1 2 .33

Henry 1 2 .33

Luca 1 2 .33

Noez 1 2 .33

Patterson, Richard

Pimenta, Chris

Juggs

Chase

Rizz

Diablo

dynomite

Shadow

P.S. BIG extra thanks to the people who brought us their set ups to share and help make the tournament that much better! :chuckle:

Tehdave

Smash Journeyman
This is NOT Dave, this is Min. I want to make my own account on smash boards, but I am unable to LOGOUT and make a new account.:confused: Sorry everybody (and Dave) for this. I will figure it out soon and post with my own account. If anybody wants to help me out, please do. Thanks in advance.;)

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Just tell me a screenname you'd like, and I'll create it with a temporary password for you. Then you can change your stuff around once you log in with it.

The simplest ways to "logout" from SWF (if the button won't let you do it) is just to delete your web browser's cookies. This should eliminate any specific memory blocks that SWF has for Dave's account.

:)

Gerbil

Smash Champion
super ultra mega bump.

ok not that great, but a bump is a bump lol. Had to remind everyone of this set of tournies.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Let's see...a 20-minute drive from Buford...$15 (counting entry plus pot deposit) for the singles tourney, but only $5 to get in...

So will we be able to get friendlies in? Do we get some sort of discount if we bring a Wii to help moves thing along quicker? Considering I'm the minority (14, broke as hell, uses Netzero free dial-up, etc.), I probably can't afford to enter and lose first round. Which is why I'm asking. If we can do friendlies, I am so for it. Otherwise, I'm not sure.

Lastly, do you think I'll get a better response if I just e-mail Waba? <_<

Wait, no, this is last: *raises flameshield*

VietGeek

Smash Hero
how early can we get there and start playing?
You can get there as early as 2:00 PM if you register beforehand (before May 17th)...

EDIT: You can also come in at 2:00 PM if you help by bringing extra set-ups (Wiis, Brawl, TVs). If you have a Brawl that doesn't have all the characters unlocked, that's fine too. I downloaded one of those Datel Powersaves that already has all of the characters unlocked in case a Wii might require it.

Are there any good Snakes that are going? This is my first tourney, so I'm rather interested to see how he plays in the hand of a good player.

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
Is there anyway to register like online. I'm in SC so I can't really go there to register beforehand but I would like to be able to show up early and get some friendlies in.

There should be some good snakes there I think one will be coming with me.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
There is no way to register online. If you're showing up early enough for friendlies, then there should be no problem with registering at the door. :)

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
Just want to be sure on this. So I would only have to pay the 15 dollars for the tourny and I'd be able to get in say at 3 for friendlies.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
im not exactly how sure their system works, but that seems right. I recommend calling that number in the first post.

EDIT: If they tell you somethin else, then that's their business lol. *wants no blame for anything differently said on SWF and from Waba*

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
I can probably go to this one! Have to defend my title after all ^_^

Is there anyway to register like online. I'm in SC so I can't really go there to register beforehand but I would like to be able to show up early and get some friendlies in.

There should be some good snakes there I think one will be coming with me.
You come from SC? Nice man, thats dedication.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
I demand that Waba MAKES time for doubles. Seriously.
How about some support for Brawl Teams Tournaments at Waba?!
:|

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I agree. Teams would be quite sexy, and it wouldn't take long, provided we have ample setups and more leniency with match-running.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I agree. Teams would be quite sexy, and it wouldn't take long, provided we have ample setups and more leniency with match-running.
I'm guessing that's where the "please help by bring extra set-ups" comes in.

So if we want teams, we need to bring the sufficient set-ups to support it.

I personally will stick to singles and friendlies though. I'll watch most of the doubles if I can though. But if I can't, anyone intend to record any of the matches here? That would be interesting, you know?

I'm done ranting. But just one last question:

Is there anywhere close to Waba to go buy lunch (or at worst, dinner)? Eating Ginger Snaps and Goldfish crackers isn't quite what I have in mind for that day.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Are you going Atomic Punk? I've seen you around the Marth boards...I think.

Anyway, I noticed Green Hill, 75m, and Pictochat don't seem to be anywhere on the stage list at all. Where are those stages categorized in this tournament?

Daysoo

Smash Ace

Anyway, I noticed Green Hill, 75m, and Pictochat don't seem to be anywhere on the stage list at all. Where are those stages categorized in this tournament?
Those stages should be on the banned list.
I think ANOMIC Punk said he had a melee tournament to go to THIS time though. :p
I'm trying to get support together for teams at future waba tournaments, anyways.
I doubt they'll change it for this coming one.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Those stages should be on the banned list.
I think ANOMIC Punk said he had a melee tournament to go to THIS time though. :p
I'm trying to get support together for teams at future waba tournaments, anyways.
I doubt they'll change it for this coming one.
All right then. *Is sad his reading comprehension failed him so miserably in names* Anyone here going to be there on Saturday at 2:00 PM for friendlies? Getting an estimate in numbers so I can see if it's worthwhile for me to go in that early.

Any reason why they don't support team tourneys? Is it purely time constraints, or lack of overall support?

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
@Vietgreek- yeah, I visit the Marth forums and post occasionally. Anomic_Punk is only my SWF name though, my tag is FullMetal.
*points to sig*

And yes, I won't be making this one, got a melee tournament in NC.
But if they'd had teams I would've been here for sure.
=)

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
A tournament without teams, is hardly a tournament at all!
D=
You guys WOULD say that cuz you two would WIN :laugh:

I personally will stick to singles and friendlies though. I'll watch most of the doubles if I can though. But if I can't, anyone intend to record any of the matches here? That would be interesting, you know?
I would love it if someone recorded some of the matches (like semi-finals and finals, and maybe quarter finals)

I used to read his name as Atomic Punk too :/

Rayku

Smash Lord
Hey Crusade if they do manage to do teams I'll team with ya.

That's only if they do it and only if I go, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom