• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WA Power Rankings: August 2014 Update

I think showing up to every GC is not mandatory, as long as you're active (go to a couple GCs atleast) during the last period that's all that should matter. Winston went to a couple GCs and went to Apex, (which shows he's dedicated and cares about the game)

6. Iceman
7. Brandandorf
8/9/10: Banana/Winston/Andy

8/9/10 are difficult.. Bananas shown the most improvement/plays the most, Winston is probably the best but the results/attendance aren't in his favor and Andy is the most seasoned/experienced/Indian.
:phone:
Its pretty apparent thatt winston is more seasoned/experienced than both; not andy lol. Plus he beat each of them this period, jess twice. Sure he lost to mike but so did andy pretty recently lol. (Andy also beat him that tourney but yea)

I'd say winston at 7, if not 8. I don't think brandan has done more this period to show he's over winston. Correct me if I'm wrong

numberonenacho

Smash Lord
Oh okay I didn't realize he beat both of them recently. That's pretty nifty, yeah I agree with you then.

Winston what was your pool at apex like and how did you do? (just out of curiosity)

Also who has the vids anyway?

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Btw and I'm just curious cuz I'm gone, but how do you guys feel Iceman stacks up SKILL-WISE (not results-wise) to Winston, Brandon, Andy? I always thought the player tier list in WA was like, 1. Combo Status (otto/teddy/shane), then [significant gap] 2. Vish/Ciz/me, then [smallish gap] 3. Andy/Winston/Brandan, then 4. people like Iceman, Banana (who also seems to be moving up) southern falcos etc.

Do you guys think Iceman is in the 3rd tier now?

I know this has no bearing on PR but I'm just curious cuz I've been away lol.

I'd consider iceman 3rd tier after seeing him play at gc. With a little work he could be pretty good. I know that's vague, but if he stops doing noob things like early fairs/other offensive **** too often hed be darn near kinda **** :3

Edit: Can I get everyone to board the iceman train?? Chugga chugga, jew jew! Aaaehh the train is going too fast aeehhha

t-iceman

Smash Journeyman
I'd consider iceman 3rd tier after seeing him play at gc. With a little work he could be pretty good. I know that's vague, but if he stops doing noob things like early fairs/other offensive **** too often hed be darn near kinda **** :3

Edit: Can I get everyone to board the iceman train?? Chugga chugga, jew jew! Aaaehh the train is going too fast aeehhha

Yea I be doin some crazy **** though so it's cool. For real though i need to air dodge more when im off stage to recover instead of doing fairs/side b's that i know are unsafe, I just always think i can get him and then get ****ed lol.

EDIT: meta has the videos

BladeWise

Smash Lord
Alright, we need to get a list finalized. I don't know too much about what Andy has done recently, so 9/10 are uncertain. Perhaps banana could be 9th. Basically all of 6-10 is uncertain, but oh well.

1) silent wolf
2) bladewise
3) eggz
4) Vish
5) Ciz
6) t-iceman
7) mr. Brandondorf
8) Winston
9) ThePrime
10) Banana

I'd say

6 - iceman
7 - winston
8 - banana
9 - brandandorf
10 - prime

All brandan did this period was beat a rusty ka. Everything else he posted was before the last update. Idk if andy has done anything really so I gave him 10th. Jess and iceman put in work last tourney and winston beat jess twice and andy this period.

MasterC

Smash Ace
LOL toph

idk anything about results since i haven't been attending but i got $5 on brandondorf over 6-9

EDIT: however you spell that dudes name.....

Lol and thats why youd be 10 toph.

but really, brandans been to two tourneys this period and beaten one notable person while also losing to yakal. andy also lost to yakal but also hasnt beaten anyone noteworthy as far as i know

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
I also think MR.B is 6, just saying. You can say he only beat x players since last pr update, that doesn't discredit his previous wins. (I've played all of the bottom PR. . . )

But I might just be a crazy Yoshi.

Well its not like we don't think he is good enough to be 6, but were not gonna change up the way we've been doing things right before an update. That's unfair.

We know what were doing

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
I didn't mean to imply that you didn't know what you're doing, and I don't exactly know your process. I just thought I'd share my 2 cents, which might be helpful as an additional perspective. Although said perspective is obscured by my main being weird and being in Oregon.

I'd say

6 - iceman
7 - winston
8 - banana
9 - brandandorf
10 - prime

All brandan did this period was beat a rusty ka. Everything else he posted was before the last update. Idk if andy has done anything really so I gave him 10th. Jess and iceman put in work last tourney and winston beat jess twice and andy this period.

so whats good?

He is. He just needs to go to tournaments lol.

Ok toph looks like were gonna use this one unless there's any last objections

1. The one, (emphasis on 1), the only, tha wolf
2. Bladewise
3. Eggz
4. Vish I guess. ***** weak doe
5. Ciz
6. T-iceman
7. Winston
8. Banana
9. Mr brandandorf
10. Theprime

Aye watch out for andy next gc tho. He been in tha lab

BladeWise

Smash Lord
Man, new Smashboards is weird.
Anyways, I've been thinking about Brandan's spot. Even though his win over Ciz was last period, he didn't really get credit for it because I think it was his only tournament during that period and he was unranked. Wins vs Ciz and Ka are still pretty good. Despite Ammon's placement being unusual, it was still #3. We would've been super shocked had any other 6-10 player beaten him.
Unless Toph's already made the image, I suggest we move Brandan up 1. Anyone else have thoughts on the matter?

i would feel ok putting him over jess, seeing as how he beat jess during the last period and got nothing for that in addition to his other notable wins.

as far as i know him and winston havent played so im gonna say leave winston above brandan.

so...

1. The one, (emphasis on 1), the only, tha wolf
2. Bladewise
3. Eggz
4. Vish I guess. ***** weak doe
5. Ciz
6. T-iceman
7. Winston
8. Mr brandandorph
9. Jessy james
10. Theprime

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Image is coming probably tomorrow evening.

Edit: Thank god for the lack of character diversity cuz it's a relative hassle to put new characters into the pic, whereas moving around the image of Fox/Marth takes like 2 seconds LMAO

theres hella diversity. but not so much fluctuation.

oh wait this pr has hella new ******. i guess youre right. I GUESS TOPH

make me a filthy image

Top Bottom