• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WA Power Rankings: August 2014 Update

Chip.

you know what to do
Like... who has he beaten and what not? All I know is he beat Bart at TourneyPlay in the Falcon ditto tourney haha. If he gets on AiB I can check his recent tournament performances and what not. And if they were good, that would help influence me.

edit - ^at tourneyplay 1

numberonenacho

Smash Lord
last two tourneys,
beaten Juce, Bart, Aftermath, Rohins, ppa0...
umm.. I'm like even with Alex19 off money matches lol. and hes pretty good i think.
took Joe to 5th game in our only money match...
MM'ed NoobKing a bunch and would say its pretty back and forth.
Money matched Kage 7 seven times and took two sets off him. [which I thought was good]

I dunno last 2 tourneys I've gotten 3rd =D
My losses havent been too bad either, got a match off Eggz and Brdy? etc;
if we're gonna go off tourney placings I should be a bit higher than 9-10 lol.

So I'd agree with C!Z list. At the very least you guys should have made the effort to play C!Z, Rohins etc at TP, and it didnt sound like you did. Even though I didnt go to TP I atleast played one PR guy ^^

In general I feel like I've played more players/traveled in the past months than you guys, and better for it.
If I asked you guys to list people you guys have played recently I doubt the list would be as extensive [I could be wrong ^^;]

Personally I dont think the parties involved, aka me rohins chip and deva should get a vote for obvious reasons but...
So using this here panel votes we have..

C!Z, Eggz, Otto, Vish [C!Z's list]
Deva, Chip, Kline [Kline's List]

I think all the panelists should throw some votes in and that's what we should go with. Pretty democratic imo.

Also Chip I'm on AIB! Check it out bro, I thought I added you. O.o

Deva

Smash Lord
i beatzz joe in a mm Link vs FOx, come get some!!!!!

yeah, I'm tired and bored. Staying up all night doing HW isnt healthy xD.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
First of all nachos and ciz dont get all negative and **** on me, I was only stating that I think WA as a state is better than Or in the smash scene. We regularly host tournyes and smashfests for melee which theyve been having problems doing, and it shows. Im not saying bart or juce suck by any means just that Vish is better, who at the time was our number 10 vs their 1st-2nd.

Tp was a much bigger tourney than go and a win against joe R means more than one against bart.

I also feel that vish is better than deva and probably chip and brdy BUT brdy consistantly places higher than vish, and chip and deva the last time they played had in fact beaten him and do just as well as him but on the eastern side of WA.

It should have been decided at tp but due to poor planning on vish's part he had to study for a final. [Finals are posted at the start of the quarter for the most part, u knew when it was-Study earlier like toph said]. Vish agreed about pr not being about who is better but about performance when it was stefans placement in question.

I just think that vish needs to beat them in a mm or tourney to settle the dispute. Its that simple. Most of us feel that vish is better, just he needs to prove it.

Everyone quit being flakes and come to ****ing tourneys!!!!!!!!!!!!

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Why isnt syler a panel member-Shane can u add him in[obviously I mean on the aib group]

Grunt gtfo with stupid ****

I wouldnt put kamaji at tenth because he hasnt proven himself to the superior WWa. Syler or ppa0 are better choices. I wasnt impressed from what I saw at tp from kamaji-good snake tho lol

Im not ignoring vish's recent accomplishments. Deva and chip do well at the EAWA tourneys. I feel that they do equally as well in their respective regions. Id just like to say to VISH, just make it easy and beat them. you beat chip and that guaruntees you a spot right under brdy. Shoulda come to tp, Its not their fault you coulndt make it.

tp>>GO

GO2 is next weekend and sylers is tomorrow. who is down for settling this in OR?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Also I feel like this is getting a little out of hand. I dont want this to turn into a west WA vs east WA.

or a C!Z vs chip/deva lol

Whatever grudges and **** we have between eachother we need to just squash it all.

Since we dont play eachother very much its really hard to move someone above a person from the other half of WA.

Its alot easier with direct placings from vish vs deva mm etc. Its fair to assume [no diss to OR] that anyone on the PR could have gotten 1st, 2nd at that tourney. Plus I do believe the last time chip played bart at GC he was victorious. If grunt went to ID and got 2nd in like 6 tourneys, I wouldnt say put him as 6th on the pr, cuz wa overall is better than ID.

Ive probably said this **** like 3 times so im sorry for the repetition.

just bottom line is I dont think its fair to move vish above deva when he at least proved hes still good at melee by at least beating joeR in a mm and when you can assume that anyone on our pr would have done well at that tourney, since the worst at the time did really well[good **** vish]

so yea i had nothin else to do today

sagemoon

Smash Lord
Maybe the reason WA has the highest teen suicide rate is because of all the drama that takes place here..... No one looks at the list outside of WA. The list doesnt really seed you at the tournaments past the top 4 or 5. The list doesnt say who beats who. The list doesnt tell you where you will place. The list is just a list. I know its important, i'm not saying its not. But its not something to tear the community apart like this...

numberonenacho

Smash Lord
Chip and Deva should go to GOv2.

Man it'd be cool to see a list of people who Deva and Chip have beaten recently too =p
As it stands the votes are still 4 to 3.

Chip.

you know what to do
we should update after go2 then =)

Recently.. Brdy, DSF, Bart, Rohins, Aftermath. I've lost to aftermath, brdy, and dsf too. This is like jan-march though, minus the ewu in may.

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
I won't be making it to Go v2, I'll be out of state. Take me off the list for now I haven't been representing anything PR worthy in the past month.

C!Z

Smash Lord
Haha we don't need to go that far. Don't sweat it Ric, idk what happened with the other games but our set was still close and you should definitely still at least be up there.

Syler

Smash Journeyman
I won't be making it to Go v2, I'll be out of state. Take me off the list for now I haven't been representing anything PR worthy in the past month.
Pretty much what Ciz said, you definately belong on pr, and i don't even really count your set with me, and im assuming tourneyplay was roughly the same ol ****, but don't sweat it all go through that phase of not playing up to par etc.

P.S. Put me on the smash panel x_X nothing against teddy but he barely shows up to melee things and wouldn't know how to place a lot of the people in state cuz his lack of involvement, cept the obvious top 4 that everyone knows lol

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Pretty much what Ciz said, you definately belong on pr, and i don't even really count your set with me, and im assuming tourneyplay was roughly the same ol ****, but don't sweat it all go through that phase of not playing up to par etc.

P.S. Put me on the smash panel x_X nothing against teddy but he barely shows up to melee things and wouldn't know how to place a lot of the people in state cuz his lack of involvement, cept the obvious top 4 that everyone knows lol
I dont think adding you warrants removing teddy. Plus he may not go to say your tourneys but he does make it to like all the GC ones, which ive never seen a bunch of the southern end ppl at.

I only meant it was a good idea to add u on, I dont think that its fair to just take teddy off. He still has good input and isnt over contraversial without reason

dont worry about it. Ur still more worthy than that unnamed 10th spot so ur still on lol.

C!Z

Smash Lord
I'm the one who brought up takin Teddy off, for a few reasons:
1- Only attends bigs GC's, this means not seein much of the lower ranked players play. From what I seen when he wasn't doin his tourney matches he was playin Brawl.
2- He never makes a list, only argues for his own spot on the PR.
3- He's mentioned numerous times he doesn't care about the PR very much.

Not playin with the community very much makes it difficult to be an accurate judge of skill, especially since it changes so frequently. Did anyone play any matches with Teddy at the last GC?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Grim owes sylers tournament palace 5$

If all those reasons are valid C!Z which they seem to be then, Id motion to give teddy a probational period. so say like till Genesis or something. If he doesnt change his habbits then take him off the panel.

I only thought syler was saying that take teddy off to put him on as if there were only a few spots or so. My b syler.

Deva

Smash Lord
I played a lot with Teddy at the end of Saturday TP. We were goin purty even. He's still really good. Definately worthy of his spot on PR.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I was thinking that we seem to have a problem with attendance at GC and that sucks for him. and the rest of WAs smash scene.

I think that we should just make the GC the official place for pr. If u arent attending then u wont be on pr kinda thing. Its once a month and its posted ahead of time. I think monthly updates should be more than feasible. Thats solves the ****ty tournament attendance problem and we can get a solid pr.

Also its easier to move ppl from WWa and EAwa above and below eachother. but we can still use local tourneys to say move ppl from the same region around and oos ones still have big impacts etc.

SO ppl start goin to GC or F*CK YOU

Eggz

Smash Hero
i agree with the

go to GC or **** you

thing.

Grunt, house us this weekend?

teddy is moving back to seattle for the summer, so we'll see what happesn

Deva

Smash Lord
oh yesh . . . . . .

Also, for the most part, Teddy is a voice of reason for PR. Doesnt give biased opinions and pretty much keeps the Brawl PR running.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
oh yesh . . . . . .

Also, for the most part, Teddy is a voice of reason for PR. Doesnt give biased opinions and pretty much keeps the Brawl PR running.
I already said that, also half of us at minimum dont care about the brawl PR so please dont mention it here.

Whatever the case C!Z brought up valid arguments to take bladewise off the panel and I suggest that we simply give him a chance to be more active etc.

also wit the go to GC or **** you thing that is now a rule LAW should make it alot easier for him as well since he goes to it.

nuff said. see u guys at GO

Deva

Smash Lord
It doesnt really matter who cares about Brawl PR. I'm saying as far as PR discussion goes, he gives thorough, unbiased opinions and keeps that PR running. What I'm saying is he does that for melee as well, although the issue at hand is his inactivity recently. I'm just arguing against what C!Z mentioned, saying he was biased and only argues for his spot ect. If he continues to be inactive, yeah, we should take him off. Heck, maybe Teddy even wants off. We'll just see how things go.

C!Z

Smash Lord
He's active enough to be on the PR, that's not the question at hand, why does that keep comin up...?
He voices opinions for Brawl cuz he cares about that, I don't think he cares enough about this one anymore to voice opinions so that's why it was brought up. I don't even care if he's on or not it was just somethin I thought should be mentioned since you said you were waitin for his opinion as well. I'm sure he still wants to be on the PR as at least a player.

Deva

Smash Lord
My bad, I didnt mean it like that either lol. I mean Active to be a Panelist, not to be on PR. He obviously attends enough tounaments for that. I meant if he keeps being inactive as a panelist, take him off, or maybe he doesnt even want to be a panelist since he doesnt care. Hope that clears things up a bit.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
It doesnt really matter who cares about Brawl PR. I'm saying as far as PR discussion goes, he gives thorough, unbiased opinions and keeps that PR running. What I'm saying is he does that for melee as well.
Too bad u hella werent saying that cuz u clearly said he is active in the brawl discussion.

Kaos 1 Deva 0
lol.
but yea well see about him on panel. and everyone go to GO and GC in october.
He's active enough to be on the PR, that's not the question at hand, why does that keep comin up...?
He voices opinions for Brawl cuz he cares about that, I don't think he cares enough about this one anymore to voice opinions so that's why it was brought up. I don't even care if he's on or not it was just somethin I thought should be mentioned since you said you were waitin for his opinion as well. I'm sure he still wants to be on the PR as at least a player.
u must be high as **** lol.

Deva

Smash Lord
I still dont see what your getting at lol? I'm saying Teddy is an extremely unbiased and informative Panelist. I used the Brawl PR for an example since the Brawl community is obviously more active and he spends more of his discussions there. When he gives his input for melee, it's the same. It's just not very often now, which is the problem I was adressing.

Point was, Teddy is a great panelist. Even if it's Brawl, it's still smash PR, and he knows how to keep it goin better than almost anyone else on the panel.

Does it make sense now or am I still leaving something out? I'm hella tired and the point I'm tryina make is in my head I just cant seem to get it on these posts.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I still dont see what your getting at lol? I'm saying Teddy is an extremely unbiased and informative Panelist. I used the Brawl PR for an example since the Brawl community is obviously more active and he spends more of his discussions there. When he gives his input for melee, it's the same. It's just not very often now, which is the problem I was adressing.

Point was, Teddy is a great panelist. Even if it's Brawl, it's still smash PR, and he knows how to keep it goin better than almost anyone else on the panel.

Does it make sense now or am I still leaving something out? I'm hella tired and the point I'm tryina make is in my head I just cant seem to get it on these posts.
Thats obviously been an issue tho. Melee vs brawl, and some of our more prominent melee players have been accused of spending much more time in the brawl community such as you chip and bladewise.

So, he may spend time on the brawl panel but the issue was that he doesnt do much for the melee panel. Must be cuz he spends sooo much time with you and chip on the brawl panel then lol. The last few times he has spoken he was saying he should be higher than shane otto etc. Kinda similar to you and chip saying you guys should also be higher as your main points of arguements.

Its brawl guys, dont let it cloud your minds. lol

thats what Im getting at

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Just for the record, as of right now

some of us dont play smash, we play melee.

also for some of the few who play smash, they like melee better.

That it all. Thank you come again

Deva

Smash Lord
I like both games the same. I just enjoy the fact that Link isnt complete garbage in melee and is somewhat tourney viable.

Top Bottom