• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WA Power Rankings: August 2014 Update

C!Z

Smash Lord
This is what my new list would look like.
1- SW
2- Eggz
3- BW
4- C!Z
5- Brdy
6- Vish
7- Chip
8- Rohins
9- Deva
10- Ppa0

Deva

Smash Lord
I agree a bit more with Kline's list than C!Z's, but for the most part I agree with his too. I'd also vote to put Kamaji at 10th. He's been more active than Paul in the past few months.

Syler

Smash Journeyman
Really? How come I never see him at bigger tournaments like GC?
Paul has been really active lately, and you haven't seen him at it cuz he has g/f johns and probably like some of us don't like the idea of starting tournies at 7pm. Though i admit the last one sounded pretty legit, but in the past i've heard complaints from other people attending gameclucks and not liking the idea of having like 3-4 tvs for melee and starting late etc.

I don't personally care what people's take on gc is just throwing the reason out there for some peeps not attending including myself, though i do like going to oregon on the other hand (cept in the middle of the night with drunk people) lol but, we should host monthlies where we go back and forth like oregon for july, washington for august, etc. imo, saves gas and makes it more fair and we could extend our pr to top 15 and pnw.

And I think ciz's list is probably the best one i've seen, i honestly don't think he's being bias in any ways (though i think paul and i am even so i'll have to take him out and i will ^^) but he probably has the best knowledge of what's going on in the smash scene around the area, and it's an updated view. Like Bart for instance has gotten a lot better in the last few months, and chip's victory over him at the first tp to me is a lil outdated.

Anyways that's just my thoughts sorry for making this thing so got **** long.

Deva

Smash Lord
that was my point though, Kamaji attends the EWA tournaments and GC, so my point was he was more active than Paul and a reason to put him in 10 instead of Paul. I still agree with Kline's list a little more than CIZ's, since those are the two we have, I say we take a vote on those and a vote on Kamaji vs Paul for the last spot.

C!Z

Smash Lord
Vish you're a noob for not comin to TP and showin those two that you're better than them. Shane n Otto what is your opinion on the matter?

Syler

Smash Journeyman
I haven't seen ppa0 at all and I consider myself pretty active lol <_<
If it makes you feel any better i've only played you once, and ironically that was oos in oregon, and i host a lot of melee tournies!!! Anyways it was fun playing you, we definately have to play to play each other again sometime ^^

Deva

Smash Lord
Ok, I talked with Chip, He supports Klines list, and puts a vote in for Kamaji for 10th. So far that would mean (as long as Kline supports his own list) 3 votes for Klines list, 3 votes for C!Z's. As far as spot 10, Kamaji has 3 votes from Brady, Chip, and I. Paul has 2 votes from C!Z, and it seems Shane. We still need input from Teddy, Brady, Kamaji, Kline, and Vish to get input from all the panelists on the different votes.

Grunt

Smash Master
I say Vulcan for 10th cuz he plays Doc, and without a myriad of Mario representation, were just another state with a fox covered PR.

Syler

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I talked with Chip, He supports Klines list, and puts a vote in for Kamaji for 10th. So far that would mean (as long as Kline supports his own list) 3 votes for Klines list, 3 votes for C!Z's. As far as spot 10, Kamaji has 3 votes from Brady, Chip, and I. Paul has 2 votes from C!Z, and it seems Shane. We still need input from Teddy, Brady, Kamaji, Kline, and Vish to get input from all the panelists on the different votes.
You didn't count sw's vote, and even though you counted brady's vote you said, he still hasn't voted or maybe that's just for the overall list and vish's placing on there.

Long story short though this is getting hella dumb quick, so let's quit playing politics and solve this problem. I'll hold a tourney next month preferably with you guys from ewa, oregon, maybe even canada, and of course western washington. We'll have a round robin of people that think they should be in that 10th spot i.e. ppa0, myself, prime, emo$, Kamaji and whoever else who think they deserve, or people think should be in that, the top guy would get the rank of 10th. As for vish's spot i think you guys numbers 6-10 can do something roughly the same. That's just my opinion, just letting our playing do the talking for us.
Obviously we'll also be running a tourney ^^

C!Z

Smash Lord
Ppa0 is definitely better than Kamaji(I've played them both very recently). Vish is better than Chip and Deva, I find it gay they can vote for themselves in this matter. The better players(sorry to use that card) agree so. Should Teddy be a panelist? He's semi inactive and I don't think he makes an effort to see how good the community is even when he shows up to his bi monthly tourneys.

C!Z

Smash Lord
Kline's list is very unfair to Vish, especially since Vish has been doin very well in tourneys lately, so for him to make such a decision seems poor and biased to me. Along with all of EWA's biasism for their players you guys need to chill and be reasonable.

Deva

Smash Lord
Were not voting on our spots, were voting on the lists presented so far, which wer Klines and yours. Although Shane and Otto are obviously better than everyone else, it's a panel for a reason. Everyone on the panel votes on issues like this and the winning list is the one we use. It's not unreasonable, it's how things work lol. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion and the one that is agreed upon is the one that's used.

Chip.

you know what to do
Ciz, you can't just rank someone above another player because you "feel" they are better than them. Especially since you've never even played me or Deva in tourney to know how good we are.

For example, let's say I "feel" that Sastopher and Blair should be ranked. I'm sure Sas and Blair are probably better than a lot of players on this PR list still since they ***** the face of WA back in the day and are still probably good, but they're not active at all, so the whole "I feel that player x is better than player y" theory is out the window.

Kamaji is VERY active and participates/hosts like all of the EaWa tournies. He also just attended TourneyPlay, in WeWa mind you, when I didn't even see Ppa0 there at all.

I remember playing Kamaji in Winner's Finals at the last EWU and he did well vs me (I still 3-0d him, but still it was close) and he took a match off of Brady in Losers Finals I believe and got 3rd.

Deva

Smash Lord
What Chip said. We need to start basing our PR more off tournament performance if we want it to be legit. Kamaji has been atttending and placing more often than Paul by a pretty significant margin. I'd say he's more deserving of the spot.

Deva

Smash Lord
someone doesnt want their way paid for genesis -_-. GL I guess.

And C!Z loves setting himself up for infractions?

Syler

Smash Journeyman
What Chip said. We need to start basing our PR more off tournament performance if we want it to be legit. Kamaji has been atttending and placing more often than Paul by a pretty significant margin. I'd say he's more deserving of the spot.
Like i've stated before, i was told and read at the beginning of this thread it's who you beat, just because he was "better" in a "weaker" region makes him a better player? And chip mentioning he wasn't at tourneyplay.. big deal it was one tourney, vish, myself, and quite a few others didn't attend either, and the recent one was the only real legit one, the other ones seem to have roughly the same people that we play every month. Though i do agree we do need to have a big *** tourney next month, where everyone will stfu and just play instead of Q_Qing like lil bishes, including myself !_!

Everyone just agree to my rules for my tourney next month, and show up and get your **** on plz, or gtfo. ^^

Btw brdy you need to play a set with me :D

Deva

Smash Lord
Like i've stated before, i was told and read at the beginning of this thread it's who you beat, just because he was "better" in a "weaker" region makes him a better player? And chip mentioning he wasn't at tourneyplay.. big deal it was one tourney, vish, myself, and quite a few others didn't attend either, and the recent one was the only real legit one, the other ones seem to have roughly the same people that we play every month. Though i do agree we do need to have a big *** tourney next month, where everyone will stfu and just play instead of Q_Qing like lil bishes, including myself !_!

Everyone just agree to my rules for my tourney next month, and show up and get your **** on plz, or gtfo. ^^

Btw brdy you need to play a set with me :D
Kamaji also attends GC and enters melee and places well, Paul almost never shows up to GC as far as I've seen. It's not just based on the "weaker region." It's both lol.

Syler

Smash Journeyman
Kamaji also attends GC and enters melee and places well, Paul almost never shows up to GC as far as I've seen. It's not just based on the "weaker region." It's both lol.
Who has he beaten at the last 2? And fine i'll drag paul's *** to the next one >_> and after he beats someone, i'll take him out myself ^^

On a side note, yeah i haven't seen teddy much either, as far as melee goes, should put me in his spot for panelest dammit!!

P.S. Let's just stop the arguments now, this just getting mad gay (and not the type i'd have sex with kind). Anyways, anyone who wants ewa meets wwa tourney next month just say something X_x, we'll need the time to build the hype.

Deva

Smash Lord
My guess would be that nothin has changed and C!Z still doesn't like eff aye gees.
Notice how we get along with the same people. . .yet we dont get along with eachother.

Notice how I've made multiple attempts to just let whatever differences we had go, yet you continue to fight every chance you get.

Notice how this whole thing was started cuz I stated an opinion about PR and you went way over the line and flammed the crap out of it for no apparent reason? It was so bad I made a personal reference to you, and heaven forbid I retaliate that you can never forgive me for it.

I mean really? What's the deal? It wasnt even a big deal. I'm sorry if whatever I said was such a deep offense to you. I didnt mean it, you were just being a complete *** at the time. Can we just put this behind us? I got no problem with you. It's cool.

Chip.

you know what to do
Not the thread to be talking about this stuff.

As much as I want C!Z to understand that I don't hate him and I'm sorry for what I said to him AND how much I don't want him to hate me, we can't talk about that kind've stuff in this thread.

Settle it in PMs yo.

C!Z

Smash Lord
Nothin to settle, don't PM me. I like everybody else, I don't like you two, end of story. I'll stop flamin though.

Chip.

you know what to do
Sounds good enough.

Just so you know, it's a terrible idea to judge people over the internet. People like myself and Deva act completely different/cooler/nicer in person. Judging people over a feud over the internet and never forgiving them is pretty low =|.

Back to PR discussion. YEAH !!

C!Z

Smash Lord
Potheads aren't very forgiving.

I personally don't care too much about the 10th spot anymore but I've voiced my opinion about it. As far as Vish goes he definitely needs to placed higher than what Kline's list has him at.

Chip.

you know what to do
Oh well, at least I tried.

*shrugsies*

EDIT - Im going with Kline's list, until I see proof/reasoning why Vish should be that high.

C!Z

Smash Lord
He did very well at the last couple tourneys he's entered... does that not count? One was the Oregon tourney where he took 2nd behind Shane.

Top Bottom