• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WA Power Rankings: August 2014 Update

brdy_

Smash Lord
James IS better than Chip

Proof being:
He knows more about the game.
He's been involved with the metagame way longer.
He's better.
He's more experienced.

I didn't mean to start an argument about it Chip. That tournament I was referring to was 3 months ago. You got last, losing to two Oregonians IIRC. Either me and James or me and Ratking.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
=] eggz.

From what I heard, Chip did really well against the BC players. Now, I realize that we're JUST Canadians, and Ka could probably beat us KDJ style, but it matters that Chip gave Hitsugaya a hard time, and that Dieslow had to Sheik him.

By the way, Chip, I heard that you got gayed pretty bad on FD with the chainthrowing. Dieslow said he felt guilty. :090:

I didn't hear anything about Deva.

btw, Eggz you need to come up so we can have our fawkes dittos. I also downloaded pretty much all of your mixes yesterday. Great stuff. When can y'all come up? and you guys are coming to Randall's for sure, right?

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
Y. Link is very strong vs. peach, Chip and Deva are very good and deserve their spots, I don't see anything changing their spots until a tourney happens.

Edit: brdy, your list as to why James is better is terrible. It says the same thing 3 times and that hes better. None of this provides proof at all, and they aren't even reasons why hes better. A lot of people have played the game longer than me that I'm better than, so please refrain from things like that.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
James IS better than Chip

Proof being:
He knows more about the game.
irrelevant

He's been involved with the metagame way longer.
irrelevant

He's better.
thats not an argument of any kind

He's more experienced.
experience is important, but it doesn't necessarily mean somebody is better than somebody else (e.g. ka-master compared to TONS of out of state tourney goers)

sorry to but in, but those points were just frustrating lol

Jem.

Smash Master
Let James prove himself with no johns, and if he does better, he does better. Pretty sure you dont need to compare James and Chip, just let the next GC or SCC speak for itself.

yeah me to garrick, I think you would win.
Maybe this should happen so we can see.

Garrick, Chip PMd me saying you JOHNED out of GC because you were scared to try and make the rankings, and photoshopped that pic of your nail. :o

Aftermath

Smash Champion
I'm confused on why Chip is posting saying he's better than me.

I didn't play him a single serious match last GC, and the last times I played him before that, in tournament and money matches, I won pretty convincingly every time.

Chip, so where's your proof of being better.

Either way, Deva, Chip, Zeru, Dan, and Jem, $5 MM next GC?

Eggz

Smash Hero
It's because your location still says OR James.

Nate, would you savvy a smashfest at my house this weekend? D=

Or should I ninja a way up to yours? The only way I could make it out there is if Jamie wants to go.

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
If you can get a ride here, I can take you home or vice versa. If not we can have it there.

Either way the maximum times I'm driving to Monroe is once.

Eggz

Smash Hero
If you can get a ride here, I can take you home or vice versa. If not we can have it there.

Either way the maximum times I'm driving to Monroe is once.
Ahhhh I don't wanna make you drive to monroe to pick us up lol.
If I can't get a ride with Jamie, lets try to do it at my house, jaja? Sorry for being a poor kid about getting places. I'm studying for my permit now.

Jem.

Smash Master
The convenience of Shane's, for Jamie and I, not the whole smash community, is that..

1. Shane's is closer to us two
2. Jamie, Shane, Andrew, and I are taking the same vehicle to SCC, so Shane is trying to get his dad to like Jamie pretty much.

James: Sure. Let's get some **** recorded, yeah?

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Y. Link is very strong vs. peach, Chip and Deva are very good and deserve their spots, I don't see anything changing their spots until a tourney happens.
I actually didnt go Peach against Chip I went Sheik(2stock him) / Falcon (1stock him)
He did give my Falcon a tough time but IMO Chip and Aftermath are somewhat close I cant really say who is better nor do I want to.
I will however say that both of them did good against me but Falcon is not my main but its good no?
I went Peach against James.

Dieslow also played both and from what I saw he had a FAR harder time against Chip then Aftermath.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero

I didn't play him a single serious match last GC, and the last times I played him before that, in tournament and money matches, I won pretty convincingly every time.

Lookout. Aftermath is one badass motha****a :cool:
<3 Aftermath.

You guys should comment on OUR PR, we could use some more opinion from those not residing in BC. I think Sas should be 3rd on your PR btw. HE can never be inactive... he's Sas.

Jem.

Smash Master
I'd love to see Sas and Blair come back, I miss them and those old skypal days. Get Rori too while you're at it >_> And Silly.

I am guessing James is doing that to try and gain like, 5 spots on PR. But I'm hoping winning those doesnt mean you get to move up on PR, or I'll play Ammon and pay him off to sandbag so I get number one spot.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
HOW DARE YOU NOT MENTION LINK IN THAT POST JEM. *slap*

wow.

@james: i dont get it either lol

james for severely underrated because he is from oregon tier! WOOOOHOOOOOOO lololol

<3's for washington

Chip.

you know what to do

I was never saying that I was better than you James >_>

I was telling RedYoshi that he had no logic or reasoning as to why you should be placed above me, which doesn't necessarily mean that there isn't any evidence at all though.

You've actually never played me in a serious match or tournament match ever, unless you count the ONE money match for ONE dollar, which isn't much.

And if you want my view of things I'm not sure who's better between me/Deva and you.

But let's check tourney performance for the past GCs though:

I`m pretty sure I placed higher two GCs ago, the larger one with B.C., while you placed higher at this tourney.

Yeah, I accept MM

Yeah, seriously, I dont think you've ever finished a PR Pools >_>
My respect level will go down greatly if what Chip says is true, Garrick.
C'mon Jem, you know I would never say something like that ^_^

Otto was joking
If you don't believe me, just check my PMs: there maxed out at 70 messeges for the past few months.

And Otto I hope you were joking about Red being able to beat me, if you weren't, then you should know that you're horribly wrong >_>

Jem.

Smash Master
I wish I got messages on Smashboards. >_>. I have 0.
James, oh, no problem, was just wondering since everyone you wanted to MM you was above you on PR, heh.

Gimpy, I'd prefer Kei back over Link >_>

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i'd prefer link back over any other smasher in the world because link is my favorite human being ever

EDIT: haha 746 otto?
i currently have....625

so you've got me beat by over a hundred pms!

thats quite a few otto haha

Top Bottom