• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WA Power Rankings: August 2014 Update

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
Norcal has worse bowser players? Whats that have to do with anything?

uhh...he's saying Norcal's best (top 10 specifically) doesn't get beat by GimpyBowserMan. Don't know how he knows that for sure, but yeah, he's not comparing Bowser skillz between Norcal and Socal...lol.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
In case it's not clear, Bowser-proof applies to all Bowsers, not those specifically residing in Norcal. I don't think that connection was too hard to make.

And, Miztik brought it up and NeighborhoodP responded. I don't think Miztik is experienced enough to know a lot about Norcal vs Socal, for what it's worth, nothing personal towards him of course.

EDIT: Lol, NeighborhoodP, argee'd @ the last sentence. But also surely you realize that it's hard to live down a loss to a Bowser no matter how many times he gets beaten afterwards :p

Miztik

Smash Master
im done debating bout NorCal and SoCal dont hate WA on us

but before i leave i do have some WA shoutouts

SlientWolf-your ****ing amazing

Eggz-your Mario fcking *****

KaMaster-Too good nuff said

DJ Combo-Marth Kicks ***

btw hyuga im am more experienced then you think miztik my new smash name i used to go by Lunchbox ive been playing for awhile and been to an NCB

I hate being called Silent Fox. >=o
At least you didn't call me Silent Dog, I hate that one xD

<3 NorCal and SoCal thofosho

Eggz

Smash Hero
In case it's not clear, Bowser-proof applies to all Bowsers, not those specifically residing in Norcal. I don't think that connection was too hard to make.

And, Miztik brought it up and NeighborhoodP responded. I don't think Miztik is experienced enough to know a lot about Norcal vs Socal, for what it's worth, nothing personal towards him of course.

EDIT: Lol, NeighborhoodP, argee'd @ the last sentence. But also surely you realize that it's hard to live down a loss to a Bowser no matter how many times he gets beaten afterwards :p
I'm gonna be laughing so hard when Gimpy ***** NorCal. Ammon, call me tomorrow.

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
Yes all these big names coming in here and making our thread awesome.

And Sheridan, just to be fair, Gimpy didnt beat any of Socal's top 5.

Edit: AND OMFG IM TIRED OF THIS.

GIMPY IS ****ING GOOD DEAL WITH IT STOP HATING BOWSER.

I never use caps so will people SHUT THE **** UP.

Jem.

Smash Master
Off topic: Jace, your birthday is March 1st? Mine is too, but I was born in 1990 o_o
On topic: You guys should re-add Paul or somethin' if he comes to the next GC, as that would be 3 in a row, cause pretty sure I still cant beat him.

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
Yea when I think about it, I really did forget about Paul(no offense)... this is why I wanted someone to list out the players, I also think Paul should be on there so we will discuss it and maybe make a change this month... If not this month he will be on next month.

Paul, any chance you can list your tourney records in the past couple months, as in who you beat and who you lost to.

Also, about Mark... from everything I have seen, stats included. I mean the strictly professionally. If im not mistaken, he wasn't even on Dan's list.

I'm sorry Mark, it is possibl;e we underrate you, but as far as I can see, you have yet to prove otherwise. If there are things we looked over please let us know to help consideration.

Jem.

Smash Master
People I think should be on the PR (This is just what I think, I am no panelist)

Paul first, cause I think he is better than 12th - 15th at the least, he can beat me.
Shane was saying Xander is getting better or something?
In playing experiences, I've 2-0'd Deva the past like, 4-5 GC's (No offense, just mentioning) and i think Chip is Better. But if Deva is placing better, guess it'll work that way.
Mark might be better than Jace, I have never seen the two play. If so, how did it turn out?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol anthony stop causing a ruckus in the WA thread.

man i really enjoyed ka-master vs silent wolf vids and ka-master vs darkrain. luigi is a pretty amazing character in ka's hands.

TrueJamo

Smash Apprentice
At this GC Paul beat:
Sexual Fire, and Jamo.
He lost to:
Jumpfreak and Bladewise.
hey it went 2 - 1 against me, lol. i'ma prove i'm good enough for this. bring it on :p

but in all fairness and to piss everyone off, i think top 10 works so no/little controversy since the last 5 spots seem too hard.

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
Top 10 is demotivating for some people... we will eventually get a good grasp on the placings, there just arent enough good tournaments all there is to it.

When I say good I mean ones where everyone is willing to go.

numberonenacho

Smash Lord
lol you should do pools with everyone. then you can clearly see who beats who...
not very practical idea... but i think it may be useful.

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
I'm down actually. I think it'd help getting the bottom half of the bracket more certain. It could help the top since there are a few spots under question. For next GC that is.

I know there is the "we play eachother too much," thing. But we honestly don't play eachother all that much, we just have only been playing eachother for so long and a hint of out of state competition makes all other types far less exciting. But still, the idea of all this is, no johns.

Jem.

Smash Master
Give him more competition down there then XD XD.
I'd be down for all in pools.. But if the top 7 exclude themselves from it, I don't want to do it either, as I get sick of hearing you all laugh and enjoy friendlies while I'm doing PR pools until 10:45.

numberonenacho

Smash Lord
Give him more competition down there then XD XD.
I'd be down for all in pools.. But if the top 7 exclude themselves from it, I don't want to do it either, as I get sick of hearing you all laugh and enjoy friendlies while I'm doing PR pools until 10:45.
lol so true.

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
If we did an all in one pool it would have to be the actual singles tourney, so we will need everyone to agree on that, which i do.

Edit: Jarc and PkmVodka are gonna be here for this one, so I guess we will have to save the pool til November xD.

If we did an all in one pool it would have to be the actual singles tourney, so we will need everyone to agree on that, which i do.

Edit: Jarc and PkmVodka are gonna be here for this one, so I guess we will have to save the pool til November xD.
I was thinking about the pool idea and the only reason i signed on was to point out itd just be the singles tourney. we could do that instead in november. for 2v2s as well...? weve done that one before. :p

Jem.

Smash Master
Maybe we can just do pools for singles. Not a giant one, but split them up like at THE DAN and other tournaments like OC, ect, top 2 go on. Gives you a good idea of the PR with the people who passed, and the people who couldnt even take a match from the others in their pool.

EDIT: That is just an idea. I am also a fan of a giant pool, because I rarely get to play people like Nate and Otto seriously in singles, cause I usually just get Ammon or something first round, have a little drive in the losers bracket, then lose to Teddy or something. Plus I've never, ever, ever, ever played Dan.. Weird Fox + Weird Falco, winner is..

Double Edit: Hopefully I'm going to SCC with the carpool.. My teacher mentioned that Friday September 28th is a no school day for students. So I'd only miss one day. Hard to argue that, since I skipped about 7 days last year and walked to Jamie and Tricias apartment and chillaxed the whole day.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
GIGANTA-POOLS YAAAAAAYYYYYYY i'll be there.

>_>;;;;;;

EDIT:

the first time i tried to post this swf said this
SWF said:
Quick Reply
The following errors occurred when this message was submitted

Okay

uhhh.... what? LOL

Top Bottom