• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Splice

Smash Hero
i thought B+ was more intended to by like melee? and BB was what brawl should've been or something. i dunno
Pretty Much this actually.

B+ is people trying to make Brawl like Melee which is dumb because it just doesnt have that Melee feel so it's still bad, and some people prefer the normal element of Brawl.

BB is a bunch of Game and Watch mains shrinking the tier list to A tier and S tier and making all the characters viable, removing CG's (except IC's iirc) and make Ganondorf more ******. Also modificationalizing stages too.

And then B- is going to just balanced brokeness pretty much.

Alzi

Smash Master
Amazing Ampharos is the maker of Balanced Brawl i think. Anyway i knew him ages ago well knew he was active on this pokemon forum called Serebii.net forums which i use to go too i still do somtimes just to catch up with the online friends.

Yeah i don't see why they try and make the game like melee when they can just go play melee. >_>

The only one that intrest me out of all of them is B- as it's all hax characters with crazy speed that is what i like. I hope you can run into shields and they can't punish it since yeah that would be fun.

Anyways as TvC is coming up i made a avatar. :) And a sexy banner. :)

Jono!

Smash Journeyman

The only one that interest me out of all of them is B- as it's all hax characters with crazy speed that is what i like. I hope you can run into shields and they can't punish it since yeah that would be fun.

Yall should play melee its faster and u cant punish cept no hax characters :/

Alzi

Smash Master
Imagine toon link in brawl - though. Nairs zairs and bairs coming out at like the fastest frame possible and omg his up smash becoming like metaknights down smash epic.

You guys need to tell me aswell if my sig is good otherwise i will take it as you think it's horrible which i want since it makes me improve more when i get negative comments.

Jono!

Smash Journeyman
Im not really interested in TvC but from a random's perspective I'd say it looks alright but may be a bit too much.

Alzi

Smash Master
I hype up everything.

Theres still super mario galaxy 2 and zelda wii coming up ont he hype train. Watch out when it comes to zelda wii i will start going crazy on the forums.

Richard7

Smash Ace
Ah is Brawl- those random vids that are on youtube of every character and they have like no lag on their attacks and can cancel every attack and do insane stuff? Because that would be awesome to do 4 player FFA in lol.

I hype up everything.

Theres still super mario galaxy 2 and zelda wii coming up ont he hype train. Watch out when it comes to zelda wii i will start going crazy on the forums.
Oh god, why did you have to remind us of this.

Alzi

Smash Master
So you can have your hype shields ready.

Yeah richard ganondorfs down air spikes them in the ground it's so lol. Toon links arrow's are so dam huge and firey and toon links up b is like metaknights tornado but better imo because it is toon link. His boomerang is icey at the start and when it returns it goes on fire. So epic. His up b goes even higher so now it will be like impossible to punish his recovery from below lol.

Alzi

Smash Master
Trill is just lol. He's like perth's Dekar but only better because it's trill. Even though i like Dekar alot since he brings life into the boards.

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
grappling on a flat surface is AWESOME. is that in Brawl+?

good to see mic, andre, trav, pete and tails(dunno if he has an acc here. he's quite active on mywii) at Wai-con.
Very fun. (brawl tourney)

sorry about the cheap shots andre.

Andre's Latias and Latios>my Latias and Latios.

I got single final smashed by Tl and Link in one of the grand final games... ) :

Vlade

Social Outcast
Guys I would like more confirmations for the tournament on wednesday!

So far I have:

Trav
Pete
Andy
Alex & Glenn for Brawl+
Kane for 64
Andre for 64

Anyone else? Anyone able to bring a TV? Make this work guys!!!!

If we don't get enough confirmations I might have to call it off, but I guess we could just do round robin lol

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
1st. Me
2nd. Andre (not 100% sure)

dunno bout mic, etc.

e- I think it was trav, pete and andre; they all had to verse each other in a round.. and lika only the 1st and 2nd make it through to the next round. so that was pretty lame. they had a bad tourney matching system.

Muzga

Smash Ace
i got third, i was kinda expecting to come first but you never know what can happen with a ruleset like that.

5 stock
5 minute timer
all items on very high

then for the semis they changed it to

3 stock
no timer
all items on very high.

all games were ffas and the top 2 from each match went through. it shoul also be noted that the person who came second and you werent seperated before the next match, so pete ronery and trav were trying to work together as a result

Any perth smashers wanna buy some yugliohs?

Alzi

Smash Master
YEAH ELTON. What did you win Elton?

It's up to fate with rulesets like that i believe.

Farout i still remeber my sudden death at the connection tour for brawl it was all 4 people including me in the game. I was lucas ike and marth somehow died then i pk thundered and stunned teh squirtle while he was about to fair me and kill me and i pk thundered into myself and killed him. Did anyone else go to the SSBB Connection tour in 08 besides Jerome's brother Jon? I hope Jon joins the scene again when the next smash bros comes out i really liked his pit. Wasn't he the one who one the tournaments daily back in the day?

I'm also going to catch myself a bird tommorow then let it free. If i plan on becoming like Jackie Chan then i must focus very hard and make my senses not visible for opponents or other things.

Deker should do a thread called name that perth smasher i like those threads he makes they are pure win.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Jon was the guy who came close against Samuel a few times back in the day, as far as I'm aware Samuel has never come lower than 1st in a tournament.

And I doubt they'll release another smash bros :p

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
It was written on the brawl tourney info A4 paper on the wall; 4 stock, items on high.

Some guy got disqualified because he threw a controller which was mentioned in the terms and conditions.

Super Smash Bros. 4 that's a good name. (i've just never heard better)

About the prize... I would of been asked up in the ending ceremony(which is on day 2) and received it. but the guy said since im not going today(day 2) he will contact me via email and phone number. He never mentioned what it is. I never asked

Alzi

Smash Master
Lol elton you seriously didn't bother claiming your prize.

Theres no reason for them not to release a new smash bro's on the new console.

Top Bottom