• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Richard7

Smash Ace
Of course Falco and Diddy are tournament viable, just looks at their tier placemeants. :laugh:

Unless everyone's skill increases, there's no point in increasing the entry fee, it'll just give more money to Sam/Vlade and less for everyone else.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Yeah I actually plan on going to SQUAT V at the end of this year as long as I have money, if anyone's interested in going with me please let me know.

I think that eventually we'd be able to get some Easterners to come to Perth as long as we keep up tournaments with attendances of 30+ people. After a while we'll get together and organise a national tournament, but I'm a bit reluctant to do that right now because Cao's already got that sorted with Rocky in October. MAYBE next year but we'll have to see - I don't think Eastern States people will be willing to come here until we go there first.

Thanks for the compliment about my tech skill Jupz :) It's all just practice really, I have no idea how long I've spent in training mode perfecting falco movements and stuff, the ICs also took a fair bit of work lol. But if you keep at it, you'll get better in the tech skill department soon enough (even though yours is already fine).

EDIT: Just saw ric's posts lol. I feel honoured, even though it's probably not the truth XD

Alzi

Smash Master
I do go to sydney most of the time as some of my family lives there and i was born there. :p Maybe i do have alittle eastern power inside me that i can unleash at some point.

Also last tournament how i came 4th i don't thing i deserve that either as i wasn't playing how i normally do since i was so nervous and didn't know what button on the controller to press next lets hope this tourny i can stay calm lol.

I sort of do and don't mind about the entry fee by increasing it theres no point in others entering as all they are doing is giving their money to Sam or who ever comes second but the part that i don't mind about it is that i enter for fun so thats why i don't mind.

Jupz

Smash Master
lol np vlade. i also practice with falco on training :p recently ive been having a little trouble boost pivot grabbing to the right, just when i thought i had it down lol :(

Alzi

Smash Master
I can pull that online Jupz the boost pivot grabbing. ;) But i haven't mastered it 100% where i can pull it off constantly in a row. I just play falco for fun online and chain grab people to try and make them rage.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Heh Jupz I know how you feel, I almost had Marth's pivot semi-chaingrab on Falco down pat, yet lately I'm just failing and can never get it in tournaments.
Eh but I haven't been using Marth or Ness lately, let's just hope I don't have rust with them.
Dear someone else who uses Marth at the tournies, want a friendly? XD
Only person I verse regularly who plays Marth is Dean, if you've ever seen someone spam counter, then you know how to beat him...USE GRABS!

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Lawl Vlade at first I thought you were talking about the game, then I realised you meant the venue.
That's some of the funniest stuff I've seen all night, so I take it Hadouken's are still allowed?

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Vlade a simple solution to you wanting spare tv's for 1v1s is to allocate tv's_ Just set aside half or a majority of tv's for 1v1 friendlies and half for FFAs_ Set a rule for the friendly tv's of best of 3's only and then passing the tv onto another couple who are willing to play_ Allocating tv's just makes it fair for everyone on the day_

I'm sure there are plenty of eastern players who are willing to vs us (and likewise), but as Vlade mentioned, it needs to be worthwhile for them to actually make the distance seeing it isn't cheap to travel between such distant states_ Surely after we gather a larger scene and consistent tournaments then we will attract more interest in holding an Eastern Invasion tour_

Either way i would love to go to the eastern states for the overall experience and to gauge how we stand overall on a national level_ I would eventually like to see a situation where we see a nation wide tournament being held in w.a and a us heading to the annual Rocky event later in the year_

Alzi

Smash Master
I remeber during our match Mic it seemed like squirtles water pistol did damage. I lol'd at first in my head but didn't really look at the % so i couldn't tell.

Also Marteh i play Marth online somtimes for fun i can vs you in a couple of games after Jupz.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Unfortunately I cannot go to Rocky because I will be in Japan :(

Would've been nice for some of us perthites to go together though.

But of course if anyone's interested, some of us will probably go to SQUAT V on november 28th this year in Queensland.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
The seeds have been sown_ Rockingham's gaming stores have now been corrupted by pretty colours in the form of a BRAWL COMMUNITY POSTER!! BWAHAHHAHA *cough*

Here's hoping it pays off, i made laminated posters and pamphlets_ I have a spare A3 sized poster if anyone is looking to hand-out to their local store and if any of the posters at my local get taken down i just reclaim and redistribute them to any other stores of interest_

FYI Elton_ Pikmin > Snake projectiles_

Jono!

Smash Journeyman
Marty i wana vs u in marth ditto. Although i wont be coming to the next tourney meyb u could give me ur wifi number and well play dat way.

Jupz

Smash Master
Sorry about that ric, I must have left for my dads house like 1 min before you posted lol. I thought you'd left, hopefully tomorrow night.

Alzi

Smash Master
When squirtles water pistol is uncharged it does do damage.
I never knew that thanks for the heads up. You learn somthing new everyday don't you...

Anyway Jupz sorry but i won't be able to wifi maybe until thursday or friday. As i was doing alot of my graphics folio and did this Japanese 7 day diary aswell. Tommorow i will study for a geography test ;) and then on wensday i will study for a maths test.

But my study is like 20 minutes or so for test so i can wi fi we can have a 3 way with ric if he wants to or you can just vs him 1 vs 1 then vs me later.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Marty i wana vs u in marth ditto. Although i wont be coming to the next tourney meyb u could give me ur wifi number and well play dat way.
Sucks you won't be coming, but yeah sure, haven't used wifi in ages so it'll be fun to see how bad it gets me.

Still Bob good you've put them up, I was going to go and make sure you did tomorrow, but eh oh well.

Alzi

Smash Master
This might actually turn out bigger then before...

Vlade i will advertise it on aussie nintendo and mywii and some other random sites lol.

Also not sure if i said this or not but last tourney a old person who was in the gym walked out and came in and watched some of us playing. They do get curious of what we are doing in there.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh

Also not sure if i said this or not but last tourney a old person who was in the gym walked out and came in and watched some of us playing. They do get curious of what we are doing in there.
What there to be curious about? A bunch of guys in a small cramped room making quite a bit of noise....Quite self explanatory if you ask me

nabs_shaw

Smash Rookie
I should be able to attend, and also bring 3-4 friends, a TV and a Wii which I finally posess.

Synnic

Smash Rookie
Sign me up vlade, now to just get some practice that I've been neglecting for...6 months? Without a TV...hrmm, this is gonna be difficult :dizzy:

Maybe I'll go get my *** handed to me a couple times by Sam, that should bring my memories back...

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer

We should bring a sign or something to stick on the door inviting people to come in and take a look/join in friendlies.

Alzi

Smash Master
Very good idea Mic.

Or we can have like Big Buff guys welcomed in here.

Edit: JUPZ COME ONLINE. Maybe vlade will join as he just signed in msn the moment i said it and maybe richard will come on soon once he gets on msn and i tell him.

Top Bottom