• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Alzi

Smash Master
Hope Corpse the best of luck as he enters reloaded make Perth proud!

Hope there's some life stream wouldn't mind watching some matches.

MTGod

Smash Champion
The guy who's running it has run some pretty awesome tournaments in the past, and is a super cool guy as well. So it'll definitely be worth it! Plus, I hear he's also thinking of organising a Perth Power Round Robin tournament sometime in the future as well, so stay tuned.

KiSM

Smash Rookie
yea right now i don't do doubles due to lack of friends not being able to practice doubles due to much team kill

MTGod

Smash Champion
It doesn't matter man - team with a random on the day. It's all for fun anyway, plus it's brawl minus and thus anything can happen :p

Alzi

Smash Master
Welcome KiSM. Is it ok how you found about the Perth smash scene? It's always good to know how people find out about the scene which might help us to get even more people then we already have. :p

Also I will be attending this future round robin tournament.

KiSM

Smash Rookie
yea me and TheBusine$$ were arguing on rflan forums about smash bros rules, i often used this forum as a method to research tactics and rules. later i ran into one of the admins here at the smashboards @ supanova brawl comp. since i have decided to join

BeeR!

Smash Rookie
To everyone in Perth, Brawl Minus Doubles will be featuring in an upcoming tournament run by yours truly. It's being held on the 23rd of this month at ECL2, Murdoch University, from 11AM right through til 9PM. Only $5 entry, which will get you into all tournaments on the day.

Facebookians, unite here: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=187189404670201. Make sure to click Attending if you are, so that others can jump on the bandwagon! Tell your friends!
Hey ill be turning up, maybe with 3 others. should be good fun, be warned were all a bit rusty, haven't played since Waicon :S.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Sick! Brawl- is actually going to be a heated competition XDXD

Maaaaaaad BFG hype right here. Can't sleep. This may possibly be of Major tournament attendance :D

MTGod

Smash Champion
Cheers to everyone who came down - sorry it was all an incredible messy fail, usually it's not that bad. It was good to meet some of the new people as well, KiSM and BeeR! and their non-smashboards companions. Hopefully interest for more brawl events happens - I think I still like the game.

New things I learned:
1) 10 hours is too much
2) 11am is too early for everyone
3) Wii's are the worst
4) Simultaneous tournaments ruin everything
5) People lose interest in novelty games
6) Nobody likes Touhou :(
7) Brawl Minus is still awesome
8) Projector broadcasts are AMAZING - I will never host a tourney without one again
9) Everybody likes trophies

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
New things I learned:
1) 10 hours is too much
2) 11am is too early for everyone
3) Wii's are the worst
4) Simultaneous tournaments ruin everything
5) People lose interest in novelty games
6) Nobody likes Touhou :(
7) Brawl Minus is still awesome
8) Projector broadcasts are AMAZING - I will never host a tourney without one again
9) Everybody likes trophies
The reason I didnt come :(

Vlade

Social Outcast
The tournament wasn't fail Jesse but yeah you've already outlined what could be done better next time. I personally enjoyed playing and winning with the drunk man in DoA lol.

But yeah the main problem for me was just the fact that it gets boring playing games you don't know how to play and just mashing and praying that you win. I suppose that was the whole spirit of the event though, as in it was just meant to be lolz, which it was.

Simultaneous tournaments normally don't work, especially since you should be dedicating all setups to one tournament, but I thought given the circumstances (the number of people and the types of games) it was fine. It's not like people had to switch from brawl to melee, it was only a matter of learning which buttons to mash :p

I'm sorry I had to leave early but I had a strong desire to be productive that day and I probably should've said beforehand that I would be leaving early. I would've stayed for Brawl- if I knew I could play for the whole duration of the tournament but sadly due to lame parents that was impossible.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Yeah, it was a silly idea, but for me if I didn't do it I would have never known if it would have worked or not and would have regretted NOT running it :D

Anyway, good practice for me for hosting the next actual tournament, where we will hopefully have more than one setup for each game >.< I think I'm going to start the next tournament at 1pm and see what happens. Cos seriously, -everyone- was late. I was even late getting there, and was still the first one. My mind was blown XD

I liked the trophy idea too much as well - I'm going to be implementing that in the next tourney too :p

BeeR!

Smash Rookie
The tournament wasn't fail Jesse but yeah you've already outlined what could be done better next time. I personally enjoyed playing and winning with the drunk man in DoA lol.

That damn drunk guy never stopped attacking, he kept fighting and lying down like a mad man, but still he was awesome.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Yeah, been a while since we've had a smashfest, or even just a general gamefest.

@Jesse: Trophies were definitely worth it :D Mine's sitting next to my Wai-con Medal and Bowling trophies, like a boss.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Well, if people are keen I can ask to get a room at Murdoch for just casuals on a Saturday sometime? If people are keen to bring setups, that is. I only have one.

*I would love to have casuals there, given that we can get any money matches or important matches happening on the BIG MUTHA SCREEN :D:D:D:D:D:D

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
So today I found out that I got only 260 bucks tax return after paying my accountant. Should of bull****ted more about stuff I bought that I could claim. Now going to Perth is looking a tad expensive soigh.

These are the big things I need to save money for:

Fileserver
Car Speakers
Perth/Bam

I'm gonna have to save my *** off if I wanna accomplish most of these between now and then.

Anyone wanna sponser me? XD

Also seeing as I wanna see Marteh, hater and MtGod the most (No offense to the rest of you, just haven't gotten to know or see you yet) maybe it would be cheaper if I partially sponsored the lot of you to come to BAM or something lol.

Anyway I'll talk to them privately asap about my new money situation.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Well, it definitely wouldn't be cheaper to sponsor us to BAM I can tell you that much - $500 for flights? Not so great :( But still, devo that you might not be able to make it to Perth. Still I guess it's not worth being impoverished for? I can't sponsor you though - I'm saving up myself for a big ticket item. And it's insurance. Oh dear lord the insurance!

If BAM fell on the right dates for me I would have gone by my own accord, but alas it not only doesn't fall on a break, it falls in a very small bracket of time between a test I have to be at and an essay being due :( Very, ultra lame.

ADD: Regarding smash meet, tbh I'm not going to book a room at Murdoch for it I don't think. the 6 people that will be there isn't really worth moving **** out of the house for. Better off to make it an in-house meet and that way we can go on City-ventures if we get tired of smash/F-Zero :p

Top Bottom