• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Alzi

Smash Master
He knows it isn't pete he was using sarcasm. Bob is never that stupid.

Who is supplying the cake btw for the tournament?

Alzi

Smash Master
I'm guessing he's been studying hard since it's his last year of school so he thought he might just quit life for this year and just study get a good TER then be happy with what he got and continue his life as normal after that.

:p

Zero

Smash Hero
Good stuff Perth, Team Kanade is indeed Team Victory. Down with filthy Team Yuri!

and on topic of the poster, you actually expect people to remember the thread name? Use www.ausmash.com instead. That's the whole point of the website, after all.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Quitting life doesn't boost your grades, being intelligent does... No one can teach you that ****, it's in our DNA...

cHeWe

Smash Apprentice
does any1 know how to get rid of the lag that a wii has on a hi def t.v, is there a cable you can buy?.....i cant play brawl at all on any of our good t.v's =/

Technodeath

Smash Champion
you need component cables, if i remember that correctly.

Also, I need a teammate for the tournament this Sunday.

if you're interested can you please send me a private message since I can't really be bothered sifting through all the pages of craaaaap.

I'll most likely be playing Snake. Just a heads up.

Alzi

Smash Master
Alex the component cables just up the graphics a little and might reduce the lag just slightly. In the end it's just the t.v i don't think you can fix it other then buying a new t.v.

Rick who ever you team with i have a good team name:

"Snake in my pants"

Pete278

Smash Lord
You guys ready for the worst tournament post ever?
Z0MG HITSTUN~
1 -- Who needs organization?

Where: Pete's House
When: Tomorrow (Thursday, 15th July)

Entrance:
$2.50 Brawl- Singles
$2.50 Brawl+ Singles
$1 Smash 64/Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (there'll be a vote on the day) Singles

Schedule:
8:45 - I arrive start setting up (or wait for it to open whatever)
9:30 - Sign-ups begin
Whenever I feel like it - Sign-ups for Brawl+ end. Brawl+ starts. Lunch break. Brawl- singles, followed by DBZ/64 starts.
Assuming there's time - Crew battles.
6:00 - GTFO
(yeah, its directly from Trav's, but you know what? It works)

Brawl-/+ Singles rules:
4 Stock
8 minute timer
Items are set to "off" and "none"
All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)
In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match*
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Brawl+ Stage List

Starter:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Wario Ware+
Pokémon Stadium 2 (Frozen)

Counter:
SSE Jungle
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Rainbow Cruise
Skyworld+
Pokemon Stadium 1
Yoshi's Island
Online Waiting Stage
Port Town Aero Dive+
Jungle Japes+
Temple +

Banned
Everything else lol

Brawl- Stage List

Starter:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
SSE Jungle
Pokémon Stadium 2 (Frozen)

Counter:
Wario Ware+
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Rainbow Cruise
Skyworld+
Pokemon Stadium 1
Yoshi's Island
Online Waiting Stage
Port Town Aero Dive+
Jungle Japes+
Temple+
Fourside

Banned
Everything else lol

(Yes, it was necessary to put the list twice)

(All stage under Banned can be played if agreed upon by both players.)

People Attending:
Me (2 TVs+1 Wii)
Trav (1 TV, 1 Wii)
Vlade-kun~
Buff
Mic
Richard

(I reserve the right to eject people from the venue with no refunds.)

Posting it here because otherwise nobody'll notice. Also, you guys have to **** off before it gets too late, so make sure you do.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Entrance:
$2.50 Brawl- Singles
$2.50 Brawl+ Singles
$1 Smash 64/Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (there'll be a vote on the day) Singles

Whenever I feel like it - Sign-ups for doubles end. Doubles start.
*Applauds*

I'll be there, but not until I ring up uni and yell at some people.

cHeWe

Smash Apprentice
thanks heaps for the help guys, where do i get component cables from, ebay, jb?

Also me and glenn will b coming this sunday for doubles only, we both have work at 3 =/

edit-why r we still using gay levels? is this our usual stage list now?

Alzi

Smash Master
WOOOOOOOOOOOOO glenn and alex.

JB hi-fi might have them or big w the official nintendo cables are like $40 or so. Big W will have them cheapest though they always have cheap stuff.

The official ones are also in a box they look like this:

MTGod

Smash Champion
The third party cables work fine for me...

And Alex, those stages are going to be used for Trav's tourney until people prove to Trav they aren't good for competitive play... As far as I am concerned, my tournaments will have a much more conservative stage list, so between us two Perth should technically be ready for anything in terms of stage lists :D

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Rick i think Graeme might partner with you_ I won't be participating in either doubles or singles by the looks of it_ I'll still be there to play friendlies, bring gear and eyeball all of you_

Alzi

Smash Master
He uses snake which means GRENADES EVERYWHERE. So if you do team with Graeme i have another funny team name you guys could use:

"I have a double headed snake in my pants"

Enter singles Bob. :( Top 8 get cake. CAKE.

Technodeath

Smash Champion
Snakes on a Plane/Boat sounds like a cooler name, but I'd probably go someone else for the sake of not having two Snakes on one team.

Luigi or Falcon most likely. since they're the only two others I can play alright, or even DK.

Alzi

Smash Master
From now on anything **** that happens in matches save them on the wii so we can make a perth combo video end of this year and have it in the Eastern Invasion 3 thread like a hype of our skill.

At the end of the video it can have like Easterners are you ready for the **** that you've seen? Has to be good stuff though not lame stuff that we see most the time. Also make sure corpse doesn't have all the spot light otherwise it will look like perth has only one person in it.

Alzi

Smash Master
Ok i will. It's mud cake as well. I will try money match someone for their cake. If i win i get there cake slice if i lose they get mine. It's a gamble but if i win then you get x2 cake.

I'm actually serious now about the money match with cake.

Top Bottom