• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Guys I won't be able to make it sunday, im being a chaparone for leavers in mandurah (toolie) =P and im going down saturday night... Alcoholic beverage consumption at smashmeets?? what is this skylarking nonsense??!

Tails, my old doubles dude, how long are you here for?
In QLD they're called DORF OFFs

MTGod

Smash Champion
@Brad - if you've read the section of the tournament post everything will become clear :p But no, it's not starcraft.

True Romance

Smash Ace
K guys slight issue.

I've got my PS3 packed, didn't pack my Wii because I'm assuming there should be no issue getting two Wiis for Sunday.

However, I'm not sure what the TV situation is going to be. I'm not even sure if there is a TV at my house anymore or if the house sitter has *****/pawned/smashed/eaten it.

So ideally I think if we could get 3 setups running for Sunday it'd be good. 2 to play "tourney" matches on, 1 for people to **** around on.

I know Buff will be able to get us a TV, you might also be able to talk about ninjaing Greg's TV Buff?

But if someone else could bring one more TV it'd probably be for the best. Also final worry, I only have a hdmi cable for my PS3, so if you're one of those kids who are too **** to bring a PS3 despite owning one *cough* PETE *cough* could you at least drag your cables along. Alternatively someone could just bring a TV that will be compatible with hdmi, what evs.

Cheers guys, can't wait to be in Perth. Now I just have to pretend to look busy for 8 more hours!

edit - Any one who plans on not going home Sunday night, bring sleeping bags etc. Don't have much spare space in the house any more. I am willing to stay sober and taxi people around, but I can't provide much sleeping space that isn't floor.

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
I'll be driving up and leaving just before 10, so if anyone wants a lift to the train station from Kane's I'll be able to take them.

MTGod

Smash Champion
10PM Andy? I might take you up on that ^^

I only have an HDMI cable.

Can't bring a TV this time because I'll be training it up.

I'll try to bring my Wii, however in doing so I'll have to take it to the party on Saturday night as well which means I may lose it/break it/move it/shake it. I don't have TvC though, so if that's being played I can't do **** about that. Only have Brawl and Arc Rise Fantastic Voice Acting from Asia.

I won't be staying the night though - gotta help the fam on Monday and I know there won't be much sleeping done if I stay :p

Vlade

Social Outcast
I guess I'll have to try and fit my crappy hori fs3 in my bag full of school books ;)

I can bring my ps3 cables if required, you're talking about the regular a/v cables yeah?

Vlade

Social Outcast
I was getting worried with the inactivity here guys

So in other news, I can be crowned the king of fighting games before I had to leave Kane's :D

I still have a lot of work to do in SF though, Kane outplayed me good with his Chun-Li. I doubt he was playing serious in our winner's bracket match after I took that beating in Grand Finals :)

:starman:

MTGod

Smash Champion
Don't feel bad Alister - Chun Li/Legs is broken as **** :p

And yes, Buff, you are the biggest Twinkle Queens in Perth. That's a title you can store safely on the shelf I believe :p

EDIT: Alister said King of Fighting Games. BTW I would totally own **** up in isometric-view turn-based strategy games. Own. ****. Up. :p

Fuzz

Smash Apprentice
Don't feel bad Alister - Chun Li/Legs is broken as **** :p

And yes, Buff, you are the biggest Twinkle Queens in Perth. That's a title you can store safely on the shelf I believe :p

EDIT: Alister said King of Fighting Games. BTW I would totally own **** up in isometric-view turn-based strategy games. Own. ****. Up. :p
**** that.
*****es dont know about my rpging

MTGod

Smash Champion
If I only had my keyboard :p

But Andre, that **** ain't verses :O?

And Pete, HoMM can be isometric :D

MTGod

Smash Champion
Well, we could always hold a multi-genre tournament to settle this? I'm happy to host it ;)

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
How about we get a list of games that none of us have ever played before and make a tournament out of them. At least then we're all on an even playing ground!

MTGod

Smash Champion
There you go complaining again, Buff :p

@Sam: that's what we did with Twinkle Queen. Problem is, finding a game that -none- of us have played before is like finding a baby at a nightclub. Finding enough babies tohave a tournament? Ne'er gonna happen.

Which is why I'm willing to host - I believe I have a decent representative of each genre of game, and moreover I believe I have the option for obscurity if the need for obscurity arises. I'd compete, but given said obscurity I'd handicap myself to make it fairer ;)

Pete278

Smash Lord
I think I'm the main problem in the whole 'game none of us have ever played before' thing, since I play obscure doujin fighters at the jiggle of a breast.

Top Bottom