• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

W00t Were Low Tier Guys!

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Sorry to intrude but that tier list is utter crap. Ever heard of silverflash-X? his tier list is ten times better.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
Hmmz.
I liek it that my only main in high tier is Ice Cilmbers,and a majority are low tier.

Sheik's position is great,I love it when I kick someone's *** that uses a high tier character,and its evern better when my character "sucks".
Thus is why I main sheik.

Not because shes the closest thing SSBB has to a ninja.

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
this whole "tier" thing is really getting on my nerves.... there's no way that Sheik is bottom/low tier. sure, she got nerfed, but she was a god in melee.... I see no reason why we should give up on sheik just because of a stupid tier list....

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
People should stop referring to that list. I don't care how experienced these people are, I've seen newbies on the site who still play with items make better tier lists.
I think it's a joke though. Newbies are whining for one, so they composed a joke one.
If it isn't a joke...**** me...
Oh hi, new Sheik player

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
People should stop referring to that list. I don't care how experienced these people are, I've seen newbies on the site who still play with items make better tier lists.
What makes their lists better? The fact that they are biased and tend to be favored by random/inexperienced/scrubby players?

Speaking of which... who are you?

chckn

Smash Ace
Really, 95% of the people posting on that thread full of fail have never even played half of the characters that they're rating. People need to chill and wait until SBR realeases a list. Until the Ankoku's results thread is probably the best thing to look at for an idea of whats going on.

ynnek123

Smash Ace
whoa, that list looks awkward to me :p then again, it's just me... I didn't think marth was that high and sheik that low =O I hoped for her to be top of lower tier

edit - lol I didn't look at the other posts, I agree with you guys

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
What makes their lists better? The fact that they are biased and tend to be favored by random/inexperienced/scrubby players?

Speaking of which... who are you?
The fact that they don't put Ike in mid tier.
And I only posted because I've seen that list on a few character boards and people are taking it as the real deal. I'm just kinda saying not to take it too seriously, you know newbies often worship the bloody things (the way people bandwagoned to top tier characters in melee.)
Oh and I've just lurked around here for a while because I play Sheik quite a bit.
Hello ;D

RedPeppers

Smash Ace
Poor choice of words by Chillin. The tier list is based off of tourney results, not just the opinion of SBR members(whom I highly respect). Call it something else please Chillin. This will only cause more tier list confusion. There simply aren't enough tournament results yet to begin breaking down the data with any hope of accuracy. It's like taking a 10 person poll, and extrapolating it to include the entire world.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
I personally don't know why people make such a big deal out of the tier list. I see the tier list as a chart of who is the more popular character in tourneys. But i would still use low tiers and even bottom(mewtwo was one of my favorite characters) as long as they have potential to win and every character has the potential to win it just takes more work but when you win victory is so sweet.

E.M.

Smash Apprentice
"every character has the potential to win it just takes more work but when you win victory is so sweet."

That's the problem. The are characters with steep learning curves that nobody wants to get into and therefore have the characters metagame slowed down. There are characters who are easy to pick up and play but their metagame goes no further. There are characters who just suck real bad when you compare them to the rest of the roster.

As much as I like Sheik because she's so quick and agile, she lacks kill moves. She's like all talk and nothing to show for. And the idea of having to switch to Zelda for a kill move is just irritating, considering how long it may take to have Zelda/Sheiks information loaded back and forth. But that's just my opinion.

If a player is using zelda/sheik together, there's a serious learning curve right there but the metagame is much deeper with many variables of play. If used separately, well.....congratulations on being low tier.

Exia 00

Smash Champion
Its to early to take this at face value. Sheik might not be "god tier" but definetly is not low tier (did not include "IMO" because this may mean nothing since i dont make the list). I would hope its because of the lack of sheik players.

TrikELotus

Smash Apprentice
I was a good Sheik main in Melee. Not because she was high tier, when I picked her I had no competitive knowledge yet. Now, I play almost every character, lol. And I can still pull it out with Sheik in Brawl, although (because I hadn't really liked switchin to Zelda yet) I decided to pick up and try to main DK because I knew a good DK, and liked playing him in Melee. So far, both of my mains do well against some characters, and worse against others. This thread has given me a little hope for Sheik, but it will take some more effort on match-ups, and some I'd be switchin to DK. But, hey. Here's hoping, Sheiks.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
I think this list is going off of which characters are best right now. What that means is it attempts to ignore who has the most representation (which is really difficult to do in some cases) and it completely ignores potential to move up (which is fair since you can say everyone has potential to be better). This explains why sheik is so low, we aren't looking at her potential, but what her metagame looks like right now.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
I think this list is going off of which characters are best right now. What that means is it attempts to ignore who has the most representation (which is really difficult to do in some cases) and it completely ignores potential to move up (which is fair since you can say everyone has potential to be better). This explains why sheik is so low, we aren't looking at her potential, but what her metagame looks like right now.
oh, you better hope ankoku doesn't find this post, or you're in trouuuu-ble........

doomweasel

Smash Cadet
I don't care if sheik ends up on the bottom. besides, when she's low tier, doesn't that mean fewer people are gonna want to main her? fewer annoying kids running around maining your favorite character just because they're high tiered is a plus, amirite?

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
oh, you better hope ankoku doesn't find this post, or you're in trouuuu-ble........
*ish scared* Well Um.... I meant.... they don't consider.... Zelda! That's it, they don't consider that sheik is balanced out by Zelda, which is fair, because I don't think many Sheiks were using transform successfully when they made that list.

pirkid

Smash Lord
I don't care if sheik ends up on the bottom. besides, when she's low tier, doesn't that mean fewer people are gonna want to main her? fewer annoying kids running around maining your favorite character just because they're high tiered is a plus, amirite?
Yes, but instead of a ton of Shiek nubs we have MK nubs.

Sort of bittersweet.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
I said they didn't consider potential..... and I said they were right not to..... I agree with Ankoku to a certain degree about potential being unimportant if its unlockable.

edit:
But most them just spam B moves and don't know how to short hop, so it's okay.
That's all it takes to win. =/ Neutral B to rack then Up B to kill. and go invisible if you feel like.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
rathy Aro used the word in a perfectly normal context. It's more that I hate people who rely on potential to push their characters upward in some convoluted list that isn't even officially out yet.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
sheik does have an amount of potential but its not like shes some sleeper top tier or anything lol more like some sleeper higher than low tier but not mid tier character

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
Sheik is trash. Before you grab that smashball let me say every character is and that if you don't have thorough knowledge on your opponent you'll be trash too. There are tiers though, whether they be governed by popularity or the ability to KO with ease it is true that picking a single character can tip the scale (creating harder if not un-winnable matches). We say she's underrated because of potential and that's what allows us to win...we've awakened it and fully mastered our character but the same could be said for any.

Top Bottom