• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vulcan GameBox Smash Tournament VII - Jan. 29 - Reflex, BigLou, Kismet, Elev8

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
see snake is a really good character, but i still feel very handicapped by him in many matchups
To overcome that you have to:

1.) Do the impossible
2.) See the invisible
3.) Touch the untouchable
4.) Break the unbreakable

If you apply those four techniques to your Snake game, you'll see instant improvement.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I'm guessing Falco and Pikachu?
i dont really mind falco. chaingrab to dair is lame, but honestly its your fault you got grabbed, but either way you can usually survive it (albeit while taking like a ****ton of damage in the process)

pikachu yeah, like gg snake 0-100 chaingrab. yeah shouldn't ahve gotten grabbed, but that's excessive also sometimes i think pikachu's down b was specifically designed to counter snakes recovery lol
but good metaknights for example. bad/average metaknights aren't a problem, but a good metaknight is pretty much a pain in the *** for snake. same goes for a good olimar and dedede.
i think snake is just as good or better as most of those chacters, but in those matchups i feel like snake ****ing sucks.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
i dont really mind falco.

pikachu yeah, like gg snake 0-100 chaingrab. also sometimes i think pikachu's down b was specifically designed to counter snakes recovery lol
but good metaknights for example. bad/average metaknights aren't a problem, but a good metaknight is pretty much a pain in the *** for snake. same goes for a good olimar and dedede.
i think snake is just as good or better as most of those chacters, but in those matchups i feel like snake ****ing sucks.
You should talk to Billy if you want to get into detail about how to fight against Pikachu. The short of it is... grenades. Abuse them vs Pika. If you have a grenade in hand, Pikachu doesn't have the range to attack you without getting hit by it (unless he shoots tjolts). Tjolts are easy enough to powershield though. If you use grenades correctly, it will be hard for Pika to chaingrab you since he has to forward throw you to the edge first and the grenade will explode and knock you out of it before he can get away with the fthrow.

Also, if you hit his shield with the first part of forward tilt, then don't do the second part. Switch to something else or he will shield grab you. You can switch to grab or jab or w/e. Snake has a lot of silly options.

As for the recovery, it takes a little while to get used to, but don't recover high. If you can avoid thunder when you are recovering, Pikachu will have a really tough time trying to kill Snake. He can DI uptilt and upsmash to the side enough so that Pikachu can't really combo them into thunder. Nair won't work as a kill move either until really high percents because of ridiculous Snake DI. If you spend most of the match just tanking with grenades, then Pikachu will be in kill percents before you will because Pikachu dies earlier than Snake. Get in occasional ftilt>jab or ftilt>grab combos and you will be golden.

Like I said, talk to Billy if you want to know more. He beats my Pikachu and Scatz's Pika. He knows the matchup pretty well.

As for Olimar, I really don't see how Snake is supposed to win it unless he dthrow techchases to like 100% each stock. Olimar appears to be one of the few characters that Snake can't outcamp, but he also can't approach from the ground because he will be pivot grabbed.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
To overcome that you have to:

1.) Do the impossible
2.) See the invisible
3.) Touch the untouchable
4.) Break the unbreakable

If you apply those four techniques to your Snake game, you'll see instant improvement.
I couldn't have said it better myself :D :D :D

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i only played your ddd in one match but you handled it pretty well. its better than skaterbaj and kokingpin's ddd which were the last two i played.

your metaknight is pretty good but mad inconsistent. sometimes you 2 stock my snake, sometimes i two stock your MK, and sometimes its down to the wire. in general you don't punish me in the air as much as MK is able to, which is pretty much the way MK beats snake. i think you're like me in that you're just good at certain matchups.

you spot dodge WAY too much with metaknight. obv i don't punish it like i should because i suck and have poor reflexes, but just watch that ****.

i think you do better in friendlies than in tournament, which i guess a lot of people are like that. i used to be like that too but i kind of got over it.

like no diss to them but i played that fox player in friendlies, you shouldn't have lost to him lol. i honestly can't fathom how you did lose to him lol
same thing with with the snake guy in daphne to a lesser extent

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
The thing about Meta Knight is that his moves are so safe, there's little reason why you should spotdodge or airdodge. Just tilt or N-Air instead--It's not like you're going to get punished for doing it, and you stand to gain a whole lot if you hit people. Just don't stop throwing moves out.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
exactly i cant fathom how i lost at daphne or to that fox player thats why i get so mad. im better than them and it is PAINSTAKINGLY obvious. no dis but its true. i honestly have no idea my mk just freezes up then they are like "GUYS i just beat shaSLAM! DUDE IM REALLY GOOD! YOUR MK IS REALLY GOOD shaSLAM!"
and im like "dude, suck my ****... i obviously played bad. ****."
like if i beat reflex im gonna be like wtf and say good games and feel kind of weird cuz i beat a player i knew i wasnt suppose to. but all these kids are like "HEY EVERYBODY LOOK AT ME!!!!"

i need to stop airdodging with mk also.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I need more characters!
Brawl Singles (30 entrants) - confirm characters please?
Bracket
1: TheReflexWonder ($180.00) :wario:
2: BigLou ($90.00) :metaknight: :diddy:
3: kismet2 ($30.00) :metaknight: :falco:
4: elev8 :popo: :dedede:
5: George :kirby2:
5: Billy :snake: :falco: :sheik:
7: Ragnarok :metaknight:
7: Micaelis :wario:
9: moogle :fox:
9: theONEjanitor :snake:
9: Will_ :metaknight:
9: Mahgnittoc :diddy:
13: talon
13: Cheap :peach:
13: Twinster :falco:
13: TheBrownScourge :bowser2:
17: shaSLAM :metaknight:
17: noID :metaknight:
17: Aloha :olimar: :popo:
17: Soul
17: Ryker :metaknight:
17: breygan
17: kid_EZ
17: LlamaSensei
25: Pharoh
25: Guru
25: braxton
25: Tetsujin
25: ikebrawler14 :ike:
25: Chad :lucario:

BigLøu

Smash Lord
o...well ok lol. Most people just do it from frequency of use to the end. I think thats how its generally regarded as anyways.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Oh hey, this isn't really the place to post this I guess but it's the most recent active in regards to this tournament... just two things I wanted to post up.

1) Someone took my Wiimote. I'm pretty sure it was by accident but if you ended up with an extra Wiimote I'd really appreciate it being returned or given to Reflex etc. Kind of sucks to lose it.

2) Someone purposefully vandalized my bag at this tournament. I wasn't really going to say anything about it but I had to post up about the Wiimote anyways. I don't know if someone has a problem with me or was irritated at my playing or something. If those are the cases, I'm sorry; I didn't mean to offend you but I'd appreciate in the future if you just talk to me to my face instead of doing what you did.

If you guys could ask around about my Wiimote I'd really appreciate it. I think I lent it to someone to use and they never returned it. It's all good.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
whatd they do to your bag? thats ****ing crazy

who'd you face in brackets lol you prolly dont wanna name drop tho.

Top Bottom