• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vs Recorder - Mewtwo Video & Critique Thread

E.Lopez

Smash Journeyman
NNID
roykoopa64
Thanks for the feedback Sonicninja115 Sonicninja115 .

That's good to know about Confusion. I'll have to consider going for jab-lock. Jab-locking, in general, in this game is something I haven't really explored, so it's something I definitely need to practice. Referring to My Smash Corner's tutorial, Mewtwo's moves for jab-lock are N-Special (uncharged SB), F-tilt, and B-air. So the opponent is vulnerable to my Disable once jab-lock is done? Nice.

Yes, I'm aware of the stale queue, but a good reminder nonetheless!

Looking forward to hearing more from you regarding Wave SB.

Ah, good to know what percentages to look for when using u-throw, I'll have to keep that in mind.

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
Thanks for the feedback Sonicninja115 Sonicninja115 .

That's good to know about Confusion. I'll have to consider going for jab-lock. Jab-locking, in general, in this game is something I haven't really explored, so it's something I definitely need to practice. Referring to My Smash Corner's tutorial, Mewtwo's moves for jab-lock are N-Special (uncharged SB), F-tilt, and B-air. So the opponent is vulnerable to my Disable once jab-lock is done? Nice.

Yes, I'm aware of the stale queue, but a good reminder nonetheless!

Looking forward to hearing more from you regarding Wave SB.

Ah, good to know what percentages to look for when using u-throw, I'll have to keep that in mind.
My biggest problem with Jab-locking is not realizing I have a potential situation.

Oh, the easiest option out of Confusion is Utilt. It beats Jumping and nothing. However, I think the opponent can DI away and Jump.

The Disable timing is a bit finnicky I am still learning it myself.

Salvy

Smash Rookie
NNID
xISalvyIx
This a replay I recently uploaded to YouTube, me; Mewtwo vs Cloud. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qRL20V_C3qU

I plan on uploading a few more Mewtwo replays for critique. So lemme know what I can improve on in general. I have a couple older ones so if you wanna have a look just go through my channel.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that this was in FG. Whoops it says it in the vid

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
This a replay I recently uploaded to YouTube, me; Mewtwo vs Cloud. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qRL20V_C3qU

I plan on uploading a few more Mewtwo replays for critique. So lemme know what I can improve on in general. I have a couple older ones so if you wanna have a look just go through my channel.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that this was in FG. Whoops it says it in the vid
Biggest mistake I see is throwing out random Fsmashes. A lot of people do this for some reason, and they get punished. Mewtwo's Fsmash is not an attack you should use willy-nilly.

Also, how you landed could use some work. Be thankful that Cloud wasn't spamming Uair, because he would have messed you up pretty decently. Overall, though, you seemed to be a better player than the Cloud user, so it's hard to say.

Zarxrax

Smash Apprentice
Looking for some feedback on me fighting a Kirby. https://youtu.be/CuXU-KfNhvU
The first part of the match was going well, and then around the 1:18 mark, things turned completely around, like the guy had completely downloaded me. I proceeded to get grabbed around 9 times after that. I'm mainly wondering what could I have done to avoid or counter some of these grabs? Also any other general comments on my play are welcome, though I know I make a lot of stupid mistakes in this match.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Biggest mistake I see is throwing out random Fsmashes. A lot of people do this for some reason, and they get punished. Mewtwo's Fsmash is not an attack you should use willy-nilly.

Also, how you landed could use some work. Be thankful that Cloud wasn't spamming Uair, because he would have messed you up pretty decently. Overall, though, you seemed to be a better player than the Cloud user, so it's hard to say.
Basically, replace the fsmashes with dsmashes.

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
Looking for some feedback on me fighting a Kirby. https://youtu.be/CuXU-KfNhvU
The first part of the match was going well, and then around the 1:18 mark, things turned completely around, like the guy had completely downloaded me. I proceeded to get grabbed around 9 times after that. I'm mainly wondering what could I have done to avoid or counter some of these grabs? Also any other general comments on my play are welcome, though I know I make a lot of stupid mistakes in this match.
I'll think of some stuff :p

1. I saw you throw out a stray up smash when Kirby was above you. Try doing that a lot less, it's very punishable.
2. You tend to throw out Shadow Ball when it's easy to shield. You should usually fire a Shadow Ball when it's going to hit.
3. You kind of have a bad habit of sitting and shielding. Try moving around a lot more, it'll make it so that more grabs will miss.

Before I tell more I must say that I use to do a lot of these mistakes before - I lost to FG Kirby all the time because I didn't know how to deal with down aerial. Now it's really easy to deal with him.

4. You could use a lot more jab and down tilt in neutral.
5. Try not to roll back if someone's coming towards you. This is a lot worse habit than rolling forward when someone goes toward you, because it's a lot easier to punish. Let me get an example...

Say if I'm Bowser for example and I approach you (which bowser doesn't really do but whatever) and you roll back. Free forward smash.
But if you roll back, I can keep on dashing at you. It's a better option since it doesn't get you punished so hard (of course, depending on the character) as roll forward but it's not a good option nevertheless.
6. At the start of the match you punished a down air with a back throw. There are a lot of other good OOS to, like jab and down tilt, and short hop neutral aerial. Also, back throw out of shield isn't a good option most of the time because it's outclassed by forward throw. Unless, y'know your opponent is at 115% and you're at the edge :p
7. Develop your combo game a lot more. Find out what works. I would really suggest the "Mewtwo's Big Book O' Combos thread down here somewhere in this first page. It's quite useful.

Could think of more but I think those are decently important.

Zarxrax

Smash Apprentice
3. You kind of have a bad habit of sitting and shielding. Try moving around a lot more, it'll make it so that more grabs will miss.
I suppose my biggest issue regarding that, is that most people say that you need to play a patient and defensive game as mewtwo. That's what I'm trying to learn how to do, but I guess I'm just not that good at it. It feels like every defensive option in the game can be punished... and so if that's the case, how do you really play defensively? It feels like trying to "be defensive" isn't much different than standing still and not even touching the controller... at least the way I'm doing it! LOL Any tips on that?

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I suppose my biggest issue regarding that, is that most people say that you need to play a patient and defensive game as mewtwo. That's what I'm trying to learn how to do, but I guess I'm just not that good at it. It feels like every defensive option in the game can be punished... and so if that's the case, how do you really play defensively? It feels like trying to "be defensive" isn't much different than standing still and not even touching the controller... at least the way I'm doing it! LOL Any tips on that?
I'm guilty of telling people to play "defensively," myself. Mostly, before 1.1.3. Perhaps a better word is "evasive."

1.1.3 changed a LOT about Mewtwo. You don't have to be as patient anymore, now that we can combo people even better than before.

The point of being evasive or defensive is that Mewtwo is usually only going to live to 60-120%, depending on the opponent and what you get hit by. Basically, "don't get hit."

Mewtwo has a lot of good tools and potent kill options. There's still a lot of unexplored territory in the meta. Different people play Mewtwo differently! KillerJawz plays very evasively, Mew² plays pretty aggressive, and both are great players who do well.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Well at this point, playing defensively isn't "required" anymore, just "recommended".

To be defensive doesn't mean you just sit there and wait for the opponent's attack. That's a good way to let them sway the momentum against you. You have to stay mobile, especially in Smash of all games, and throw out some moves too, just not risky ones that leave you open. With Mewtwo playing this way successfully can easily open up opportunities for greater damage.

And always air dodge when you're thinking of rolling.

Salvy

Smash Rookie
NNID
xISalvyIx

Basically, replace the fsmashes with dsmashes.
Thanks both. I'll work on that and implementing into my playstyle. I wouldn't have thought using d-smash since I rarely use it with Mewtwo, but I can see why you would say use it, Mewtwos body is alot more vertical than the f-smash so less likely to get punished?

Sonicninja115

Thanks both. I'll work on that and implementing into my playstyle. I wouldn't have thought using d-smash since I rarely use it with Mewtwo, but I can see why you would say use it, Mewtwos body is alot more vertical than the f-smash so less likely to get punished?
Dsmash is a lot faster and arguably has better kill potential. Plus, the endlag on it can be used as bait.

Nobie

Smash Champion
NNID
SDShamshel
3DS FC
2809-8958-8223
As others have said, playing defensively doesn't mean just standing there and waiting for the opponent to make the first move. Defensive play isn't "passive play." Rather, whether you're being aggressive or defensive, the goal is to try and force the opponent to fight on YOUR terms. Mewtwo forces an opponent to approach often because any time Mewwo is left alone means he gets to charge Shadow Ball. Mewtwo pushes away the opponent with throws to give space to move around while tacking on damage. Mewtwo's long range on his tail means the opponent needs to get past that to start a proper offense. Use that knowledge to your advantage.

Your defense won't be perfect. Pretty much no character's defense is impregnable. However, you can make Mewtwo seem as if he's untouchable through smart play where you understand what your attacks are and aren't capable of better than your opponent.

http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/1-deception Read this. It's long and unrelated to Smash, but it should give you a proper idea of what it means to play defensively. Defense is deception. Defense isn't you being scared to do something, but rather your decision to move (or not move!) should be based on how you engage and understand your opponent.

Oh, and as for Kirby-specific advice: Kirby is a character that thrives on fighting up close. You didn't do enough to keep him out and to take advantage of his poor approach options. After a while, it was clear that you were panicking and trying to land anything you could, and every time you ran away it was by spamming a back roll to get as far away as possible. You want Kirby to chase you, but you want to basically trip him up at every opportunity. Down tilts, pivot f-tilts, up tilts. Use that tail more to keep him out, and don't let him pressure your shield.

Last edited:

!Blue!

Smash Cadet
https://youtu.be/Q5E1N-YVfdQ
One of my matches from last night. I tried to be more aggressive. So i hope you like it

As i read the posts from earlier id advise a more patient defensive playstyle only bc of his option pool and how light and easily death comes to mewtwo. But dont treat mewtwo like he is sheik szz or mario ect. They have safe approach options mewtwo lacks. Mewtwos approach options are different as like a sword fighter. Get only as close to your opponent to the length of mewtwos tail. Thats your safezone

Last edited:

!Blue!

Smash Cadet
https://youtu.be/7bMpwlWQqkY
My other match from last night.

I feel that sword fighters pose a moderate threat to mewtwo as both are trying the same strategy. The problem here is mewtwos tail though plays like a sword fighter but has a hurtbox. This is critical forcing me to change styles to more of a shadow ball playstyle to further apply pressure at a further distance since mewtwos tail isnt good unless you want it chopped off lol.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
!Blue! !Blue! I was not ready for that level of destruction, wow. If that isn't highlight reel material, nothing is.

One thing: if Zoan was a stronger ZSS player like Nairo, he would have been punishing your landings much harder. You weren't covering your landings too well, except for when you hit with Dair. Since Dair is Mewtwo's only way to attack below him, and getting that shielded is a very bad thing, you have to mix in evasive maneuvers: air dodge, Confusion, and even Shadow Ball recoil to propel you backwards. Just something to think about.

Salvy

Smash Rookie
NNID
xISalvyIx
https://youtu.be/Q5E1N-YVfdQ
One of my matches from last night. I tried to be more aggressive. So i hope you like it

As i read the posts from earlier id advise a more patient defensive playstyle only bc of his option pool and how light and easily death comes to mewtwo. But dont treat mewtwo like he is sheik szz or mario ect. They have safe approach options mewtwo lacks. Mewtwos approach options are different as like a sword fighter. Get only as close to your opponent to the length of mewtwos tail. Thats your safezone
I really like your short hop air dodge choice to fake out your opponent. Caught the ZSS out when she tried grabbing you, after watching that its safe to say I will defo be using alot more d-smash. The d-throw air dodge read and punish with disable was really good as well. Hard to critique that tbh, did a good job of not letting ZSS get too much momentum. When you lost a stock to ZSS's down b, what happened? It looked like you tried jumping off ledge? Don't think you grabbed ledge twice as the commentator said.

Last edited:

!Blue!

Smash Cadet
!Blue! !Blue! I was not ready for that level of destruction, wow. If that isn't highlight reel material, nothing is.

One thing: if Zoan was a stronger ZSS player like Nairo, he would have been punishing your landings much harder. You weren't covering your landings too well, except for when you hit with Dair. Since Dair is Mewtwo's only way to attack below him, and getting that shielded is a very bad thing, you have to mix in evasive maneuvers: air dodge, Confusion, and even Shadow Ball recoil to propel you backwards. Just something to think about.
Im very close to nairo and talk to him a lot. But a strong zss would punish stage landings but to say that would mean you think mewtwo has a 50/50 to zss while trying to land. But thats what makes zss....lol well zss. Haha no one is saying what i did is to perfection and surely i will improve. But zss is a better character sad to say but the point im trying to make is the person im playing isnt nairo nor will i ever treat that player like nairo. Each has habits to their own...even nairo. Its only human. I did what i had to do vs. THAT particular zss and won convincingly.

I will certainly do my part in the mewtwo community as i am new to mewtwo competitively. Coming from a sonic main like myself roles have changed from relying more on mewtwo that on sonic. I placed 9th at ktar xvi. I will learn more and more so thank you for the advice i will do my best to mix up recovery but it is not without a challenge. Each trick i see with mewtwo from others i take in and try to use. Lol living with lof false nakat keitaro and being around nairo zero , mr. R, soon esam. I get top level practice and when i test some of those things others do i saw they were more just mix ups than confirms and deem not safe by my crewmates. Ppl are still new to the mewtwo matchup so those randome tricks can go only so far.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Ppl are still new to the mewtwo matchup so those randome tricks can go only so far.
Very good point.

I was offering advice because, well, it's the critique thread. Obviously, you destroyed both opponents. You didn't really make any big mistakes, and you're way better than I am (than most of us here), so I was trying to see if I could find a weakness to help you.

I don't believe in criticising people to tear them down. I offered a criticism because I believe you could use it to become even stronger. You're a fantastic player, Blue; even without Mewtwo, it's clear you have solid fundamentals. I just want to see you succeed.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Dsmash is a lot faster and arguably has better kill potential. Plus, the endlag on it can be used as bait.
Actually this isn't true. DSmash comes out later (frame 21 vs frame 19 startup) and kills later than sourspot FSmash due to its lower damage and BKB despite having higher KBG. Although yes its main advantage is its low endlag comparative to FSmash which allows it to be safe on block and pretty safe to whiff. I still personally feel like DSmash could use a little more distinction over FSmash though. A lower hitbox for one would be nice so it can hit opponents below the ledge better, and maybe a slight lingering hitbox akin to PM Mewtwo's DSmash.

!Blue!

Smash Cadet
Very good point.

I was offering advice because, well, it's the critique thread. Obviously, you destroyed both opponents. You didn't really make any big mistakes, and you're way better than I am (than most of us here), so I was trying to see if I could find a weakness to help you.

I don't believe in criticising people to tear them down. I offered a criticism because I believe you could use it to become even stronger. You're a fantastic player, Blue; even without Mewtwo, it's clear you have solid fundamentals. I just want to see you succeed.
I totally understand and i will take your advice and try my best.

Sonicninja115

Im very close to nairo and talk to him a lot. But a strong zss would punish stage landings but to say that would mean you think mewtwo has a 50/50 to zss while trying to land. But thats what makes zss....lol well zss. Haha no one is saying what i did is to perfection and surely i will improve. But zss is a better character sad to say but the point im trying to make is the person im playing isnt nairo nor will i ever treat that player like nairo. Each has habits to their own...even nairo. Its only human. I did what i had to do vs. THAT particular zss and won convincingly.

I will certainly do my part in the mewtwo community as i am new to mewtwo competitively. Coming from a sonic main like myself roles have changed from relying more on mewtwo that on sonic. I placed 9th at ktar xvi. I will learn more and more so thank you for the advice i will do my best to mix up recovery but it is not without a challenge. Each trick i see with mewtwo from others i take in and try to use. Lol living with lof false nakat keitaro and being around nairo zero , mr. R, soon esam. I get top level practice and when i test some of those things others do i saw they were more just mix ups than confirms and deem not safe by my crewmates. Ppl are still new to the mewtwo matchup so those randome tricks can go only so far.
If anyone can show top players how good Mewtwo is, you can.

What do they think of Mewtwo?

Great job at KTAR! You got 9th at this one and 7th at the last right?

Sonicninja115

Actually this isn't true. DSmash comes out later (frame 21 vs frame 19 startup) and kills later than sourspot FSmash due to its lower damage and BKB despite having higher KBG. Although yes its main advantage is its low endlag comparative to FSmash which allows it to be safe on block and pretty safe to whiff. I still personally feel like DSmash could use a little more distinction over FSmash though. A lower hitbox for one would be nice so it can hit opponents below the ledge better, and maybe a slight lingering hitbox akin to PM Mewtwo's DSmash.
Dsmash hitbox active 21-22
Fsmash hitbox active 19-21
Dsmash FAF 44 This is what I meant by faster, and it is only 2 frames off on active.
Fsmash FAF 53
BKB 20 KBG 118
BKB 30/21 KBG 90/85
Fsmash Frame on Shield -17/-15
Dsmash frame on Shield -6
Fsmash kill Percents
Fsmash Sweetspot:
76%
84%

Fsmash Sourspot:
80%
89%
Dsmash kill percents
Dsmash:
86%
99%
The problem with Dsmash, is that I had to do it at the edge of the stage, and thus, the most optimal DI for it was used, and this caused it to die later then in the middle. Fsmash relies on being at the edge of the stage to kill earlier then Dsmash. While Dsmash can kill at any point on the stage at around the same percent. And then, Dsmash and Fsmash have about the same reach. Fsmash goes slightly farther. the downside though, is that Fsmash does have a close up whiff, and can step through opponents. It might even whiff a crouching opponent. Dsmash also hits below the stage, and can even hit taller characters through platforms.
Dsmash is also better at shield poking, because of the grounded hitbox.
Dsmash is harder to DI then Fsmash, because of it's unconventional angle.
I think that is pretty much it for that.

!Blue!

Smash Cadet
If anyone can show top players how good Mewtwo is, you can.

What do they think of Mewtwo?

Great job at KTAR! You got 9th at this one and 7th at the last right?
Yea i got 7th at another but that was pre patch. Everyone is seeing his potential. Like im now see players at the least use him in friendlies which is a start.

!Blue!

Smash Cadet
The only problem is that i know i can do better at regional events but im also a T.O. for ktar so i never get warm ups lol i know that sounds like a john haha but its true. I run the event and just play matches cold turkey. Its rough. I actually told keitaro that i may just be a competitor on the next event so i can just focus on playing

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Dsmash hitbox active 21-22
Fsmash hitbox active 19-21
Dsmash FAF 44 This is what I meant by faster, and it is only 2 frames off on active.
Fsmash FAF 53
BKB 20 KBG 118
BKB 30/21 KBG 90/85
Fsmash Frame on Shield -17/-15
Dsmash frame on Shield -6
Fsmash kill Percents
Fsmash Sweetspot:
76%
84%

Fsmash Sourspot:
80%
89%
Dsmash kill percents
Dsmash:
86%
99%
The problem with Dsmash, is that I had to do it at the edge of the stage, and thus, the most optimal DI for it was used, and this caused it to die later then in the middle. Fsmash relies on being at the edge of the stage to kill earlier then Dsmash. While Dsmash can kill at any point on the stage at around the same percent. And then, Dsmash and Fsmash have about the same reach. Fsmash goes slightly farther. the downside though, is that Fsmash does have a close up whiff, and can step through opponents. It might even whiff a crouching opponent. Dsmash also hits below the stage, and can even hit taller characters through platforms.
Dsmash is also better at shield poking, because of the grounded hitbox.
Dsmash is harder to DI then Fsmash, because of it's unconventional angle.
I think that is pretty much it for that.
This is usually why I use down smash more often than side smash unless I'm just too far to use it. It's not really a huge commitment. For shorter and crouching characters, it's a godsend. Side smash has a better hitbox, damage, and it comes out earlier, but I usually find it to be not worth the risk in cooldown unless I'm sure it'll hit or I'm far from the opponent. Also, a smash that's pretty safe on block is a nice thing to have in this game. It's why I think Zelda has a top tier side smash (not LM level but it's damn good).

Now that I mention it... Mewtwo's down smash and MK's side smash are very similar. High-ish startup with almost no cooldown. Makes them very low risk high reward.

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

The only problem is that i know i can do better at regional events but im also a T.O. for ktar so i never get warm ups lol i know that sounds like a john haha but its true. I run the event and just play matches cold turkey. Its rough. I actually told keitaro that i may just be a competitor on the next event so i can just focus on playing
Some Johns are legitimate, and that is one of them. Not being able to warm up, sick, bad mentality and your controller is broken are all good johns, as long as the last one is true of course.

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
https://youtu.be/7bMpwlWQqkY
My other match from last night.

I feel that sword fighters pose a moderate threat to mewtwo as both are trying the same strategy. The problem here is mewtwos tail though plays like a sword fighter but has a hurtbox. This is critical forcing me to change styles to more of a shadow ball playstyle to further apply pressure at a further distance since mewtwos tail isnt good unless you want it chopped off lol.
Wow, excellent play all around. You're one of the best Mewtwos I've seen. I'll be looking and seeing how I can improve from your play as well.

One question though, when going for a grab, why do you usually go for down throw and not forward throw for the more damage? Is it to put opponents in a bad position in the air? I notice MewSquared does the same thing. I usually do the f-throw and leave d-throw for a mixup, but perhaps down throw is a better option unless you're right near the ledge?

Last edited:

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Wow, excellent play all around. You're one of the best Mewtwos I've seen. I'll be looking and seeing how I can improve from your play as well.

One question though, when going for a grab, why do you usually go for down throw and not forward throw for the more damage? Is it to put opponents in a bad position in the air? I notice MewSquared does the same thing. I usually do the f-throw and leave d-throw for a mixup, but perhaps down throw is a better option unless you're right near the ledge?
While dthrow has no true follow ups it does allow for stuff that gives you a hard read. When you dthrow observe your opponent. The have a couple of options most of which you can cover. Getting the right read can lead to a big reward. Disable or dair. Guaranteed damage is good but so is getting a read and the potential is a lot better.

Sonicninja115 Sonicninja115 you have to keep in mind your terminology. Saying dsmash is faster than fsmash is wrong and a bit misleading. You should say it ends faster or has less cool down. So people don't take what you say out of context.

The_ToolBag The_ToolBag your mewtwo looks solid. From what I saw your biggest problem was that you didn't seem comfortable off stage at all. Which lead to some poor recovery options. The falcom didn't punish it but the Yoshi did and you eventually lost because of it. Also when fighting Yoshi keep in mind shield is your best friend. Yoshi doesn't get a lot from grabs so force him to commit something. Also you can use side B to stall so you can avoid landing into usmashes and stuff.

Last edited:

!Blue!

Smash Cadet

A AlMoStLeGeNdArY pretty much covered it. Damage is fine on fthrow but i say it depends on the type of character you're up against. I also must say it also depends on where you are on stage. Positioning is important. So i may fthrow not just for damage but where it sends my opponent. Its about being calculated. I dont do them simply for damage.

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

A AlMoStLeGeNdArY pretty much covered it. Damage is fine on fthrow but i say it depends on the type of character you're up against. I also must say it also depends on where you are on stage. Positioning is important. So i may fthrow not just for damage but where it sends my opponent. Its about being calculated. I dont do them simply for damage.
Also Blue, Fthrow is DI'able, which kinda sucks. You can DI it to get 9 damage instead of 13% at lower percents, and at higher it can go down to 6...

Doublenickels

Smash Cadet
NNID
IamDoublenickels
Hi everyone! I've been toying around with Mewtwo for a long time, and pulled him out in a tournament for the first time recently, I was wondering if I could get some critique. I'm thinking of making him my secondary and completely dropping Wario and Dedede as secondaries.

https://youtu.be/6iD8J1Ik_uY?t=390

There's three games in a row there where I play Mewtwo.

KieRanaRan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KieRanaRan
3DS FC
0662-3728-1857
Hi everyone! I've been toying around with Mewtwo for a long time, and pulled him out in a tournament for the first time recently, I was wondering if I could get some critique. I'm thinking of making him my secondary and completely dropping Wario and Dedede as secondaries.

https://youtu.be/6iD8J1Ik_uY?t=390

There's three games in a row there where I play Mewtwo.
Awesome work, especially with the Link match. I'm no expert but if I were to offer my 2 cents then it would be to watch your ledge getups (something I'm trying to work on myself). Try jumping right over or even dipping a little before a rising u-air (at high enough percents that can kill from the ground) :)

Top Bottom