• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VS Jigglypuff

Hylian is my hero

Smash Rookie
I main Gannon and I'm having a lot of trouble against Jigglypuff. So I'm going to pick up G&W! I know Jiggly VS G&W isn't fun, but Gannon VS Jiggly isn't exactly fun either.
So what do I need to do with G&W to win this match up?

1. How do I spam bair? Should I short hop it? Or full hop bair> double jump bair?

2. What should I expect/watch out for when I'm spamming bair?

3. Should I spam fair? Maybe Fullhop fair>double jump fair?

4. What about camping in the air into Dair?

5. HOW DO I LAND SMASHES?!?!

6. What should I do after a Dthrow? Should I just Dsmash and hope they miss the tech? Or do I have better tech chasing options?

cutter

Smash Champion
1. Mix it up. Do SH Bairs, fullhop bairs, double jump Bairs, even Bair off an up B.

2. If JP shields Bair, retreat a bit backward so you're safe after the attack ends. If JP gets caught in Bair you'll have to watch her SDI because of the hitlag. I would retreat immediately with Bair to minimize the possibility of JP SDIing into you and eating Rest.

3. Keep your Fair reasonably fresh. Nair is a much better option against JP than Fair.

4. Don't be overly predictable though. Remember you can slowfall Dair.

5. Powershield an attack, Dthrow techchase, charging smashes, especially Usmash.

6. If you know they can't tech the throw just Dsmash immediately for guaranteed damage. You can also do a Dthrow to an FSMASH if they don't DI the Dthrow as well (not many people know this or if they know it to much applicable use). If they can tech the throw consistently your best options are to techchase JP into a Usmash or another grab.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
LOL @ your name.

<3 Texas.

TheStig

Smash Lord
g&w destroys jiggly

neutral air is very good and plus you can kill her at very low percents with any of g&w's smashes

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Jigglypuff is like Wario except a lot lighter at not as good at scoring the KO.

Space D-tilt and N-air a lot. Throw out random charged Up-smashes when she has like 50% on her. You'll probably win this way if you're careful.

Glick

Smash Lord
meh. This match up is like holy **** 80-20 unless you know what you're doing. Use nair a lot, and it can be your offensive and defensive approach.

The problem with this matchup is that if you can rest the G&W well enough it becomes pretty fair.

Just watch the drill rests and use nair a lot. If you cant beat em still that jiggz is just too pro I guess.

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
I main Gannon and I'm having a lot of trouble against Jigglypuff. So I'm going to pick up G&W! I know Jiggly VS G&W isn't fun, but Gannon VS Jiggly isn't exactly fun either.
So what do I need to do with G&W to win this match up?

1. How do I spam bair? Should I short hop it? Or full hop bair> double jump bair?
if you play GW your going to have to be jumping around alot. u can do the Bair at any time during your jump in this matchup.
2. What should I expect/watch out for when I'm spamming bair?
jiggly will 90% of the time be trying to get above you, dont forget to do UAIR after BAIR. U AIR alot because jiggly is the lighest char in the game and it will piss him off :)
3. Should I spam fair? Maybe Fullhop fair>double jump fair?
Fair to wrack dmg or to punish people below the ledge.
4. What about camping in the air into Dair?
why do you want to get shield grabbed, i guess try to land behind them. learn to slow fall your key too. i didnt know this for about 6 and ahalf months, sorry heh dont have the game. to make up for it i learned bucket canceling over night.
5. HOW DO I LAND SMASHES?!?!
use spam tactics, fully charge that Dsmash then run over with a Fair :)
6. What should I do after a Dthrow? Should I just Dsmash and hope they miss the tech? Or do I have better tech chasing options?
id prolly just Dsmash and hold my shield until i get a read on them
fukkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Srsly?

Smash Rookie
fair is a good gimp tool, too much lag when landing and full hopping makes you somewhat open, unless you have managed to get jiggly up to 100%ish and haven't killed her yet, then I would risk it just for a quick KO.

But usually, in any other case then gimping, bair is better.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
The only plus Jiggly has in the matchup is that she can SDI into Rest on some of your moves which should never be taken lightly. First time I saw a Jiggly interrupt MK's Tornado for the kill, I was just in awe :p

But G&W beats up on Jiggly any where else. Out ranges, will almost always out prioritize, and Jiggs is just too light to take a beating from G&W.

Top Bottom