• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vs G&w

Hylian is my hero

Smash Rookie
I main Gannon and I'm having a lot of trouble against Jigglypuff. So I'm going to pick up G&W! I know Jiggly VS G&W isn't fun, but Gannon VS Jiggly isn't exactly fun either.
So what do I need to do with G&W to win this match up?

1. How do I spam bair? Should I short hop it? Or full hop bair> double jump bair?

2. What should I expect/watch out for when I'm spamming bair?

3. Should I spam fair? Maybe Fullhop fair>double jump fair?

4. What about camping in the air into Dair?

5. HOW DO I LAND SMASHES?!?!

6. What should I do after a dthrow? Should I just Dsmash and hope they miss the tech? Or do I have better tech chasing options?

Veril

Frame Savant
Jump.

Press a.

repeat.

Seriously, GW ***** Jiggs so hard that you're going to probably get flamed for making this post.

The GW boards have a pretty good handle on this with their matchup thread. If you want, I'd play you (maybe others will as well), seeing as any GW experience is good for us.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
Jump.

Press a.

repeat.

Seriously, GW ***** Jiggs so hard that you're going to probably get flamed for making this post.

The GW boards have a pretty good handle on this with their matchup thread. If you want, I'd play you (maybe others will as well), seeing as any GW experience is good for us.
ur jiggz needs to move more in this matchup veril but yeh if the jiggz likes to do stuff out of a sheild just spam nair. if hes smart and runs around spam bair, if he changes it up when u start bairing......gl kid that jiggz is good

migas140

Smash Rookie
G&W just ***** Jiggly so hard that's not even funny. Bair outproritises everything Jiggs has and smashes kill ridiculously early. Just that.

Veril

Frame Savant
ur jiggz needs to move more in this matchup veril but yeh if the jiggz likes to do stuff out of a sheild just spam nair. if hes smart and runs around spam bair, if he changes it up when u start bairing......gl kid that jiggz is good
lol I was referring to what GW has to do, not Jiggs. :laugh:

Have you watched me play a GW? Obviously that's not what I do.

GW however can win basically only using neutral air, down-tilt, and hyphen smash.

Veril

Frame Savant
Alright, time to hijack this thread...

how to beat GW or at least fail less: some ideas

-n-air can be beaten with properly timed pound.
-b-air can be SDI'd out
-f-air is telegraphed a bit
-up-air is evil, don't be directly above GW (it can be interrupted at very low %)
-d-air can be rested or beaten with up-air
-tech the d-throw but don't roll or he'll chase into a up-smash. Try to tech jump if possible.
-DI really well :p
-grab release into DACUS is pretty good. If he airdodges, just charge a little and punish his landing. If he uses an aerial, he'll get hit.
-if he ledge attacks use a strong dash attack
-shield grab d-air when possible.
-don't jump into the **** (there are many kinds)

g-regulate

Smash Hero
this matchup really isnt that bad, you just cant go in and aerial whenever you want because of his smashes. just play really patient, work around bairs and rack damage until you can fair/dash attack. gdubs is so light, you can kill him just as fast as he can kill you.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
I main Gannon and I'm having a lot of trouble against Jigglypuff. So I'm going to pick up G&W! .
So you are developing a secondary because you are having trouble with a specific matchup? Meh, good idea if you want to play as G&W because you like the character's gameplay, thats natrual.
I know Jiggly VS G&W isn't fun,
........scratch my last statement. If you don't think that matchup is fun, why would you use him for that reason alone lol?

It's like forcing yourself to counterpick. That turns me on regardless of your gender.:lick:
I approve of your choice xD

So to answer your question, G&W is annoying when you are playing against him... it, as jiggs. If you want to win the matchup, use aireal pressure. Throw out aireals like crazy, (controled of course) and don't leave yourself open in the air. Some good options are b-air, f-air, and u-air. N-air is better on heavies, because jigglypuff has a decent range advantage against it, but you can use it well too. U-air is annoying, I hate it, so use it. B-air and f-air have good range, and are great aproaches.

3.) Yes, and no. Get stale if you need to, don't spam. Space them if you are going to do this. DI back and mash the c-atick forward. It has weaknesses though, so be careful when using it.

The matchup is pretty hard for jigglypuff. A good G&W against an unprepared jiggs is the equivilent of running into a 5 year-old's birthday party, and popping all the balloons with a turtle, a key, and a black box. (regarding that the objects mentioned are very pointy.)

PND

Smash Champion
Against G&W's who don't know the matchup, it's winnable. Against G&W's who do, and I've faced my share, there's nothing you can do.

Top Bottom