• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Votes Today - Did yours cancel out with your family members?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I thank California then.

I was on the verge of getting more depressed when Romney was winning for some reason.

D

Deleted member

Yeah I was pretty worried early on about Romney winning, but I forgot that California was an asset to Obama. I'd be pretty surprised if he didn't win.

MSN: Obama 258, Romney 200
Fox News: Obama 275, Romney 203

Note that these are projections, so things can change, though the way things way, looks like Obama is getting a second term.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Don't mock me with **** like that or imply I'm buttmad irl and thus need to take it out on you. I'm calling you out on your ****ty position. Well, was calling you out, now I'm done because I've said just about everything I could say and you're not actually backing up your position.
Being overly-defensive about being called mad doesn't help your case that... you aren't mad. Nor does having zero patience, nor jumping straight to aggressive language.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Being overly-defensive about being called mad doesn't help your case that... you aren't mad. Nor does having zero patience, nor jumping straight to aggressive language.
It's not really me claiming not to be mad, it's just that I'm annoyed at his statement and his statement alone. It's pathetic to go "OH WELL I'M SORRY YOU'RE SO SAD ABOUT YOUR LIFE NOW THAT YOU GOTTA BE ALL MEAN".

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
The point of democracy is to support the majority, the greatest will of the people. If presidents can win without having the popular vote, which happens, that is by definition not democratic. It is as Ganonsburg said, we're just not entirely democratic.

You're anger and argument is an enigma to me, but if you want to release some rage, you can use me I guess. I'm sorry you're so upset about life and stuff.
My only gripe is....
We aren't a democracy

We are a democratic republic

We vote to elect officials who would best make decisions for us. They do this because there is a danger of not being reelected if they do not deliver on at least some of the promises or if they stray TOO far from the beliefs of the people.

Thus, we elect the officials who will ultimately decide the presidency using the opinions of Americans.

And the popular vote is used to decide who gets the votes of the electoral college. You don't have to be the most popular: you just have to get the decisive states.

----

My feelings on this election:
Gary Johnson didn't get his 5%......so I am sad. Whatever. Johnson 2016
Pluses for the states who legalized gay marriage/didn't ban gay marriage
Lol Colorado. I'm interested to see how this turns out
So did you guys hear about Spain? Gay marriage is constitutional!
Anyone hear about the Puerto Rican elections? They were voting on statehood again.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
The point of democracy is to support the majority, the greatest will of the people. If presidents can win without having the popular vote, which happens, that is by definition not democratic. It is as Ganonsburg said, we're just not entirely democratic.

You're anger and argument is an enigma to me, but if you want to release some rage, you can use me I guess. I'm sorry you're so upset about life and stuff.
dood we're not a democracy. whens the last time you read/said the pledge of allegiance?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Can we all just take a minute and be grateful in the fact that we won't have to deal with anymore political ads for a couple years.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
NOOOOOO CALIFORNIA MADE OBAMA WIN DX

RIP America, Land of the Free.

On the bright side, no more campaign ads! \o/

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
I know, but it was a very tight race until California got their numbers in... then Obama's score skyrocketed, lol.

I think he's referring to the fact that Romney was ahead before California's votes got added on.
Yeah that. :p

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Yeah, but California is sorta a Democratic gimme just like Texas and almost all of the south is a Republican gimme.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
You know what the worst part about the campaign ending is? I can't use my "facebook mad libs political rant" anymore.

I spent MINUTES creating that. MINUTES.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
With Strength and Honor, In blackest day, in darkest night, I will bear the mantle of liberty, come friend, stand with me in the light, what little there is left of it.
At least now the folly of the corrupt secular liberal agenda will be splayed wide, maybe even the blind will see it's true nature.

Overall I'm positive about the election, because I have a feeling I know what comes after, we'll see if I'm right.

The part of my family that still goes to church voted Republican, the ones that don't voted Libertarian. Somewhat of a cancellation.

Local election is more important that the presidency, and here in Illinois we had a pension supermajority referendum to vote for, interesting in all, as well as our district 16 Reps and a few other local positions, clerk, superintendent, circuit judge (the only Democrat I voted for, because Matakitas is a good pro-life man who goes to our church), and so on.
I'm going to tell you that I feel very passionately about this next sentence because I don't like using colorful language. Cook county needs to get out of Illinois, seriously, almost all of Illinois is red besides, and they want to become their own state anyways, sheesh. Most corrupt state in the nation.
Man, I'm gonna go fluff some pillows now, I'm lightheaded.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Holder would you stop avoiding my question when it comes to why you're discouraged from voting after claiming you don't think your vote is being cancelled out. So do you think your vote means nothing because it's a republican state or not? Also just because we're not a pure democracy that does not somehow make our system inferior. We didn't just pull it out of our ***.

It's my belief that this country would be better if it were to be more democratic, and I understand the reasoning why it wasn't made purely like that in its conception, which has been mentioned in the debate hall. Basically, there aren't any good reasons as to why it is in place today.

Secondly, you do realize, that if your county gets more votes for Mitt than Obama, than the votes for Obama don't count for anything other than popular vote (which ultimately means nothing)? Alabama was one of the first states to make up its mind about who they wanted to be president. It's a little naive to think that my vote is going to make a difference.

Don't mock me with **** like that or imply I'm buttmad irl and thus need to take it out on you. I'm calling you out on your ****ty position. Well, was calling you out, now I'm done because I've said just about everything I could say and you're not actually backing up your position.
Me mocking you though makes it clear that you are indeed angry. If you weren't, like what someone else said, you wouldn't react the way you just did to it. You're the one who always says that you aren't actually angry all the time, I just want you to prove it is all. Besides, we both mocked each other. It's no big deal though. I apologize for doing so.

dood we're not a democracy. whens the last time you read/said the pledge of allegiance?
Perhaps I should have worded myself better, I simply think it would be better if it was more democratic, it makes the most sense to me. I've already said I understood we aren't a total democracy.

@Holder of the Heel: So if Obama wins this election with less popular votes than Romney but with more electoral vote, you should be complaining about Obama's reelection.

...aren't you the same person that supports Obama's reelection?
One, Obama won the popular vote. Two, I don't support political theories just to back up whatever candidate I find most preferable.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
You want me to prove I'm not angry? Yes, let me go post a picture of my face everytime I post or some ****.

Besides, was playing Halo 4 in between those posts. How could I be doing that and be buttmad at the same time?

Science!

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Science is angry because it is devoid of God.

global-wolf

Smash Champion
It's pretty clear to me that Holder was talking about how he wishes that the voting for the national executive branch was more centralized, rather than based upon the more confederate way of thinking that was present when the electoral college was created. He's not talking about the cancellation of votes, he's talking about the situation where if hypothetically in a state 51 people voted for Romney and 49 people voted for Obama, the votes are actually really close, nearly 50/50- but none of the votes of the people who voted for Obama will mean anything in the end, because 100% of the electoral votes will go to Romney. In Holder's situation, it was almost guaranteed that more than 50% of the voters would've voted for Romney, and that means any vote from that state that goes to another candidate would've had no impact on the result of the election. I'm not sure why this would lead to questioning about Holder's knowledge of the electoral college. And you do sound mad Falcon.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
"being mad" is kind of falcon's tired ol schtick. i wouldn't take it seriously like some people seem to. it is mad annoying and trite at this point in time though, he needs some new material.

oh also

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Oh **** Falcon the marks have spoken. Your gimmick is stale it's time to turn face or at least go over someone clean or they won't give a ****.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Technically, wouldn't it be two due to local and state elections?

Either way

WOOOOOOOOO

:phone:
Well yeah, that's why I said a couple years. :p

NOOOOOO CALIFORNIA MADE OBAMA WIN DX

RIP America, Land of the Free.

On the bright side, no more campaign ads! \o/
Man you are just handing people reasons to hate you on a gold-plated platter, by the truckload.

Thank Obama you are not able to vote yet.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Is that some wrestling jargon or something? I can't understand it but then again I don't watch dudes get greasy and roleplay while groping eachother's manboobs
Yes it's basically exactly what you said in wrestling jargon.

I like wrestling because it is like me

Fake and gay.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
You mean like the presidential elections?

Falconv1.0

Smash Master

Smooth Criminal

Who the **** is this Smooth Criminal jobber ****? THE **** DO YOU MEAN HE'S A TAG TEAM CHAMP NO ONE GIVES A ****.

GET THIS ****** OFF MY SHOW. WHAT DO YOU MEAN RAW'S ON IN 30 MINUTES I'LL DO WHAT I WANT, I INVENTED WRESTLING.

I'M VINCE MCMAHON DAMMIT.

But seriously we're all gonna drown in taxes and die.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I voted Johnson while my family voted Romney. As far as I know, no one in my family voted outside of the two major parties leaving me as the black sheep.

Top Bottom