• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vote Wonder Red! - Wonder-Red's Last Stand?! Final Days of the Fighter Ballot

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I made a Wonder Red sig awhile back. Here it is for all you wonderful supporters out there.
Maybe I'll make some for the other three main ish characters.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
It can go either way obviously, but having played the demo (have yet to purchase due to funds :( )I can say that adding Wonder Red would just seem like something Sakurai would do. By that, I mean everything Sakurai looks for in a character is right there. Granted, I understand everything going against him (too new, game bombed, etc) but I have the same hunch as our fine chap Scoliosis Jones.
Accually as for the new game part turns out roy was added to melee before his fire emblem game even came out so being too new is not too much of an issue

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I may have gotten a bit out of hand with my prediction, but my hunch still stands. Adding Wonder Red just seems like something that would happen. The character pool this time is a hodge podge, it's practically scraping the bottom of the barrel. So far, most of the characters everyone has been expecting have lost some steam, and it is still entirely possible that Ridley, K.Rool, and Palutena aren't going to make it. (Although I really want them to)

I mean don't get me wrong, Wonder Red probably isn't as deserving as Ridley or Mewtwo or whoever. But he has what it takes otherwise, and I think he would be a great addition. Maybe the game didn't do well, but considering sales, wouldn't Mario dominate the roster slots then? Especially over quite a few other series.

I doubt the visit to Platinum Games means much, but I guarantee that Sakurai has had exposure to Wonderful 101 long before its release. Whether that convinced him to add Wonder Red is a mystery, but it isn't something we can rule out completely just yet.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I may have gotten a bit out of hand with my prediction, but my hunch still stands. Adding Wonder Red just seems like something that would happen. The character pool this time is a hodge podge, it's practically scraping the bottom of the barrel. So far, most of the characters everyone has been expecting have lost some steam, and it is still entirely possible that Ridley, K.Rool, and Palutena aren't going to make it. (Although I really want them to)

I mean don't get me wrong, Wonder Red probably isn't as deserving as Ridley or Mewtwo or whoever. But he has what it takes otherwise, and I think he would be a great addition. Maybe the game didn't do well, but considering sales, wouldn't Mario dominate the roster slots then? Especially over quite a few other series.

I doubt the visit to Platinum Games means much, but I guarantee that Sakurai has had exposure to Wonderful 101 long before its release. Whether that convinced him to add Wonder Red is a mystery, but it isn't something we can rule out completely just yet.
I agree with this.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
I just got Wonderful 101 today. Now that I've played the first chapter, I can say that Wonder Red would be perfect for Smash.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I found the best reason to support this.

If you don't, Wonder Pink knows where you live.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Okay, so this is a giant bump, but I got to thinking the other day.

We know that Sakurai looks for what characters can bring to the table in terms of unique playstyles in Smash (all four currently-revealed newcomers show that, as they're all something that Smash has never seen before and very diversified). Now, Wonder Red has the massive potential to be a unique character, due to both his own abilities, and the abilities of his teammates - with characters such as Ness and Rosalina, who take moves from characters in their series/game, Wonder Red could very easily use their abilities in his moveset and it wouldn't be out of place in Smash. We know that he looks for characters who will make people want to play the game, but also characters who represent popular or relevant franchises - Animal Crossing, Wii Fit, Super Mario Galaxy; these are the franchises and game we've seen represented, and they're all highly popular. While this point is more debatabe, The Wonderful 101 was a very highly-regarded game, popular when taking into account that it is on Wii U and not many have it at this point, but also relevant as the first new IP released on the Wii U.

The point which I thought of, however, which hits the nail on the head is this: We know, too, that Sakurai, when he wants to pursue a character for inclusion, goes and meets with the respective studios that made said character. He asks the Pokemon Company who the current hot and relevant Pokemon are, he does the same with Intelligent Systems regarding Fire Emblem - he seeks a character and asks the studios for who they think would be not only popular, but would make a good fit for Smash. And in some cases, he finds something appealing in characters on his own - when inquiring about a second Fire Emblem character in Melee's production, IS recommended Leif, but Sakurai got to see some gameplay of the them-unreleased Fire Emblem featuring Roy, and decided to choose Roy because he was intrigued by his fire sword, and while IS recommended Ike for Brawl, he saw something unique in his giant sword.

Here's the point: Sakurai went and visited the offices for Platinum Games, the studio behind Bayonetta and The Wonder 101; we know this, it was documented by a few gaming websites I believe sometime last year, prior to the announcement of SM4SH at E3 (IIRC). Sakurai doesn't just visit studios, so why would he visit Platinum Games unless he was interested in including a Platinum Games character in SM4SH? And we know his criteria for third-party characters, and Bayonetta is owned by Sega anyways, so it can't be her he was going for. So who was he going there for? Wonder Red, the unique and potential-filled character from a then-upcoming game that would be released on the Wii U as an exclusive, by a company that produced the game and Nintendo published.

I think we (and the majority of people) are vastly underestimating his chances because his game was well-received but didn't sell well (and keep in mind, Sakurai visited their offices in September of last year and the roster for Smash was decided way before The Wonder 101 released, meaning that if Sakurai saw potential enough to include Wonder Red, it would be unaffected by how well it sold), and because he's a new character who currently has only one game under his belt so far. Now granted, Sakurai visited before E3 2012, supposedly for the reason that he wanted to see what they would be revealing (which turned out to be The Wonderful 101, then known as Project P-100), this is true. But keep in mind that he started development on SM4SH when Kid Icarus: Uprising finished - which was in March of 2012, long before E3. And we know, too, that for a good portion of 2012, prior to the official unveiling at E3 2013, that he was deciding on the roster, intending to bring all veterans back that he could, but also which newcomers to add. And we know that as mentioned above, he contacts the developers about including their characters (it was even hinted in the original Japanese translation of the Daily Picture we got on the the release day of Pokemon X & Y that the Pokemon Company asked Sakurai not to reveal a character, so we got a hint at Xerneas as a Pokeball Mon instead), so Sakurai could've gone to Platinum Games' office simply to see what they were gonna unveil, but that was during the time he was deciding the roster, and he knew, we all knew, that there was a game that they were developing exclusively for the Wii U that would be unveiled, so what if Sakurai went to see if he could find potential in the character of said game?

I now believe that Wonder Red is a shoo-in because of these reasons (though perhaps I was a bit all over the place above with explaining, haha), and so I'm reviving this discussion because it fell by the wayside. We've seen that Sakurai isn't shy about putting in characters that are worthy but nobody really thought much about prior (Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina, Villager to an extent due to a previous comment of his), and Wonder Red is worthy but nobody really talks about him much because of a combination of factors that Sakurai has never even acknowledged as being driving forces for a character's inclusion (more than one game, game/series that sells well, extablished rather than recency because recency, etc.), so here we are.

Anybody else want to add in some thoughts?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Yes. i know.

Anyway, i'm still holding hope for Wonder Red. For pretty much the same reasons you gave anyway. Plus Rosalina's confirmation also gave me more hope for him.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Late inclusions don't tend to be from new series or have totally original movesets. And I doubt he'd receive the semi-clone treatment if included.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Wonder Red is too unique to be a semi-clone. He offers a lot in terms of moveset potential.

So he'd probably have to be in the game by now if he's to be added.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
I think the Wonderful Ones are a prime candidate for an awesome assist trophy, but I've tried to visualize them as characters (Because having just Red defeats the entire purpose) and I can't see it.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I think the Wonderful Ones are a prime candidate for an awesome assist trophy, but I've tried to visualize them as characters (Because having just Red defeats the entire purpose) and I can't see it.
Despite the fact that Wonder Red can fight on his own and the others can easily be in his final smash. He doesn't need them with him.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
Despite the fact that Wonder Red can fight on his own and the others can easily be in his final smash. He doesn't need them with him.
Again, and this is my opinion, it defeats the purpose to only have one of them alone. Even if Wonder Red can fight on his own, the whole premise of the game is to have multiple characters at once. Wonder Red being a lone character would be extremely ironic... in a bad way. However, If Sakurai can find a way to make it so that the premise of W101 (Controlling multiple characters at once) translates into playable characters, that'd be great, but I just can't see that working.

Also, having the other Ones come in only for a Final Smash isn't ideal either. Even if you play with the Smash Ball on, which a lot of people don't do, there's no guarantee that you'll even get it. I have no desire to see an entire match go by with only Wonder Red and no other heroes. It honestly doesn't make any sense.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
He wouldn't need to have everybody on screen with him.

His attacks could still be made with other Wonderful Ones. Imagine his forward smash being a fist, and the longer you charge it, the more Wonderful Ones are warped into it, showing how the more Wonderful Ones are in the attack, the stronger it is.

Wonder Red could also have a down special of the one morph. I forget what it's called. They basically turn into jelly and deflect incoming attacks.

His recovery could be ," WONDER JUMP!!!"

Just some ideas. Really, Rosalina is known for loving her Lumas. But in Smash, she keeps forcing them to fight for her. Ironic really.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I just thought of this now. How the Wonder Ones could appear in game.

1. The main ones, Blue/Pink/Green/Black/Yellow/White could be part of his final smash.

2. the others could appear in the unite morphs. (See the box art to get what i mean. You can see their faces in the attacks. (It would be an effect similar to the stars on Rosalina's dress)

EDIT: Wonder Blue could also be the best choice for an assist trophy.

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
If Sakurai keeps the ball rolling on purely unique characters, then Wonder Red & Co. should be shoe-in's :) Especially with his creator wanting smash representation

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
If Sakurai keeps the ball rolling on purely unique characters, then Wonder Red & Co. should be shoe-in's :) Especially with his creator wanting smash representation
Kamiya is friends with Sakurai and Kojima apparently. lol

All the better! The Wonderful 101's creator is friends with Sakurai, he would like to see one of his characters in Smash, and Sakurai was at their offices to look at The Wonderful 101 prior to it being revealed, during the time in which he was choosing characters for roster of SM4SH. And he's shown us very unique characters so far, all of which other than Mega Man have not been the most likely choices but bring something with their inclusion and that is diversity. Who is more diverse than the leader of a group of 101 superheroes who fights KAIJU with a giant pulsating red fist of awesomeness made of the other 100?

I wouldn't be surprised if he's unlockable and so we won't know until release (unless Sakurai shows off all the newcomers prior to release regardless of Starter/Unlockable status), but to say that Wonder Red wouldn't be a good fit, or that he isn't at the very least incredibly likely due to several factors we already know about and underrated due to several more that wouldn't have mattered when he was decided upon for inclusion, would be asinine, and he gets a bad rep but again, the reasons why don't affect his chances in the slightest because he would've been decided upon before it released because it released after SM4SH's reveal at E3 2013 and Sakurai stated that the roster was already chosen prior to that reveal.

Doopliss_Swe

Smash Journeyman
I made a moveset for the entire team the other day, might as well post it here:

The Wonderful 100

In this moveset, I've color-coded the attacks to the Wonderful One that performs it, like this:
Wonder Red: Unite Hand
Wonder Blue: Unite Sword
Wonder Green: Unite Gun
Wonder Pink: Unite Whip
Wonder Yellow: Unite Hammer
Wonder White: Unite Claw
Wonder Black: Unite Bomb

Some attacks are available for all the Wonderful Ones (Jab, Nair and B-moves). The other moves will change your Wonderful One instantly.

Jab: Punch, Punch, Uppercut.
Jab: Horizontal slash, upwards Slash, downwards slash. During Nair, last hit will slam down into the ground. It also spikes opponents.
Jab: Fires one shot forward.
Jab: Two whip lashes.
Jab: Slams hammer into the ground. Spikes during first active frame.
Jab: Five quick hits with the claws. Has a freezing effect on higher percentages (Goes for all of his moves)
Jab: Throws a bomb that slowes time in a small area upon detonation (Takes a while to detonate, and can be picked up by the opponent. This also goes for Nair and bombs from B-moves. You can't throw more bombs when there's already one on the field.)

Ftilt: Sword stab.

Utilt: A quick, standing uppercut.

Dtilt: Pokes at the opponent's feet with the claw. Works similarly to Ness' or R.O.B's Dtilt.

Dash A: Slidws forward with the whip spinning in a spiral.

Fsmash: Swings the hammer sideways.

Usmash: Throws a bomb up into the air. Unlike the time-bomb, this one will detonate with a normal explosion almost instantly (Power and blast radius are greater if charged for a while)

Dsmash: Fires the Super Scope into the ground, similarly to Samus' Dtilt.

Grab: Grabs the opponent with the whip.
Pummle: kicks the oppponent with her heel.
Fthrow: Simple forwards throw with the whip.
Dthrow: Quickly bash the grounded opponent with the hammer.
Uthrow: Throws the opponent into the air and shoots them a couple of times.
Bthrow: Wonder Black jumps over the opponent and lays a bomb behind them, that explodes normally.

Nair: Works like the Jab. When used in midair though, it will halt your downwards momentum slightly the first time used, but not enough for you to gain any height.

Fair: Swings the hammer in front of him. Can spike the opponent (Think Snake's Fair)

Dair: Swings the sword in a wide arc below him, similarly to Marth or Meta Knight.

Uair: Quick, aireal uppercut.

Bair: Slashes with the claws behind him multiple times.

Zair: Lashes out with the whip. Can tether.

B: Wonderful Cyclone. Is generally a spinning move that hits on both sides. When used in midair it will not put you in a helpless state. If Kirby swallows you, he'll get the move of the active Wonderful One.

Wonderful Cyclone: Spins around, fist first. Mash to keep it active for longer and gain height if used in mid-air.
Wonderful Cyclone: Works similarily to Red, but with more range and less damage/knockback.
Wonderful Cyclone: Spins 360 degrees with the gun, fires a shot forwards and one backwards while knocking away nearby opponents.
Wonderful Cyclone: Spins 360 degrees with the whip. Hits once, good range, good knockback.
Wonderful Cyclone: Spins and hits twice with the hammer. Similar to Kirby's aerial side B.
Wonderful Cyclone: Good horizontal range. Moves quickly sideways. Mash it to keep it going indefinitely. Doing this in the air will make you fall slower, but not gain any height. Creates a tornado above you that will make opponents fall slower.
Wonderful Cyclone: Throws one bomb forward and one backwards.

Side B: Wonderful Stinger. Generally a quickly advancing move. Leaves you helpless unless otherwise stated.

Wonderful Stinger: Rushes forward fist first.
Wonderful Stinger: A far-traveling stab witht he sword.
Wonderful Stinger: Mash B to fire multiple shots. Won't leave you helpless, but can one be done once per jump. Freezes you in place as he fires.
Wonderful Stinger: Dashes forward with the whip completely straight. Tethers.
Wonderful Stinger: Jumps on top of the hammer as it travels forward using its thrusters.
Wonderful Stinger: Fires a claw boomerang forward, which then returns. Won't leave you helpless, but can one be done once per jump. Freezes you in place as he throws it.
Wonderful Stinger: Throws a bomb, further than with Jab/Nair. Won't leave you helpless, but can one be done once per jump. Freezes you in place as he throws it.

Up B: Wonderful Rising. Generally a rising uppercut-like move. Leaves you helpless like up B-moves usually do.

Wonderful Rising: A quick, rising uppercut.
Wonderful Rising: Spins sword 720 degrees around him while doing backflips and going upwards.
Wonderful Rising: Does a slight hop upwards while spinning his gun, which you can then fire multiple times in an upwards angle by mashing B. Bad for recovery purposes.
Wonderful Rising: Does a slight hop upwards while sending the whip straight upwards. Can tether.
Wonderful Rising: Swings the hammer upwards. It has a slow start-up, but it will move quickly once it gets going, thanks to the thrusters on the hammer. He will also rocket downwards after getting to the peak, making it more safe than others while used on the ground.
Wonderful Rising: Jumps upwards while spinning rapidly, forming a claw sawblade. Mash B to keep spinning. Will start losing altitude after a while.
Wonderful Rising: H Does a slight hop upwards while throwing a bomb straight up. It is thrown in such a way that it will detonate at roughtly the same height as it was thrown. Bad for recovery purposes.

Down B: Wonder-Liner. Allows you to draw what weapon you want to use with the Analog stick. It will freeze you in place for a while upon activation in the air, similarly to Ness' Up B. Can only be done once per jump. Drawing at the opponent will cause minor damage.

Draw a circle.
Draw a straight line.
Draw an L.
Draw an S or another wavey shape.
Draw a straight line, then a circle.
Draw a Z.
Draw a circle, then a straight line.

The bigger your drawing is, the more powerful (and slow) your weapon will be, for a limited time.

SPECIAL ABILITIES/OTHER:
Each WOnderful One has at least one special effect:
Block a fire-based move with your shield to do extra, fire-based damage until you switch weapons.
Block a lightning-based move with your shield to do extra, lightning-based damage until you switch weapons. Block a laser-based move with your shield to reflect it automatically.
Green is noticably heavier than the rest.
Jumps slightly higher, but falls faster than the others.
Slightly heavier than the others. He throws items further, and will move faster while carrying a crate.
Is able to wallcling.
He is able to jump midair twice. He's a small target that weights less than everyone else.

Shield: Unite Guts.
Shield roll: Unite Spring.
Run: Unite Ball.
Glide: Unite Glider. (Can only be done by drawing a triangle during down B midair.)

Final smash: Unlimited Form.
The team enters unlimited form. This grants them an infinite amount of midair jumps, removes the helpless state from all of their moves, and gives them max-size weapons for the entire duration of the FS.

Doopliss_Swe

Smash Journeyman
Thanks, I finally got time to finish W101, which inspired me to write this. The main issue with the moveset is the fact that Green uses a gun. IIRC, Nintendo tries to avoid putting realistic guns in this game, and the basic Unite Gun looks like a normal handgun. Maybe he'd have to always use the super scope.

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
The more room for a character's moveset to be complex and unique, the better their chances, and you, my friend, have perfectly illustrated it :)

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
EVILWALUIGI'S MOVESET!

http://www.deviantart.com/messages/#/art/112-Newcomer-Wonder-Red-421284886?hf=1

I made a moveset for the entire team the other day, might as well post it here:

The Wonderful 100

In this moveset, I've color-coded the attacks to the Wonderful One that performs it, like this:
Wonder Red: Unite Hand
Wonder Blue: Unite Sword
Wonder Green: Unite Gun
Wonder Pink: Unite Whip
Wonder Yellow: Unite Hammer
Wonder White: Unite Claw
Wonder Black: Unite Bomb

Some attacks are available for all the Wonderful Ones (Jab, Nair and B-moves). The other moves will change your Wonderful One instantly.

Jab: Punch, Punch, Uppercut.
Jab: Horizontal slash, upwards Slash, downwards slash. During Nair, last hit will slam down into the ground. It also spikes opponents.
Jab: Fires one shot forward.
Jab: Two whip lashes.
Jab: Slams hammer into the ground. Spikes during first active frame.
Jab: Five quick hits with the claws. Has a freezing effect on higher percentages (Goes for all of his moves)
Jab: Throws a bomb that slowes time in a small area upon detonation (Takes a while to detonate, and can be picked up by the opponent. This also goes for Nair and bombs from B-moves. You can't throw more bombs when there's already one on the field.)

Ftilt: Sword stab.

Utilt: A quick, standing uppercut.

Dtilt: Pokes at the opponent's feet with the claw. Works similarly to Ness' or R.O.B's Dtilt.

Dash A: Slidws forward with the whip spinning in a spiral.

Fsmash: Swings the hammer sideways.

Usmash: Throws a bomb up into the air. Unlike the time-bomb, this one will detonate with a normal explosion almost instantly (Power and blast radius are greater if charged for a while)

Dsmash: Fires the Super Scope into the ground, similarly to Samus' Dtilt.

Grab: Grabs the opponent with the whip.
Pummle: kicks the oppponent with her heel.
Fthrow: Simple forwards throw with the whip.
Dthrow: Quickly bash the grounded opponent with the hammer.
Uthrow: Throws the opponent into the air and shoots them a couple of times.
Bthrow: Wonder Black jumps over the opponent and lays a bomb behind them, that explodes normally.

Nair: Works like the Jab. When used in midair though, it will halt your downwards momentum slightly the first time used, but not enough for you to gain any height.

Fair: Swings the hammer in front of him. Can spike the opponent (Think Snake's Fair)

Dair: Swings the sword in a wide arc below him, similarly to Marth or Meta Knight.

Uair: Quick, aireal uppercut.

Bair: Slashes with the claws behind him multiple times.

Zair: Lashes out with the whip. Can tether.

B: Wonderful Cyclone. Is generally a spinning move that hits on both sides. When used in midair it will not put you in a helpless state. If Kirby swallows you, he'll get the move of the active Wonderful One.

Wonderful Cyclone: Spins around, fist first. Mash to keep it active for longer and gain height if used in mid-air.
Wonderful Cyclone: Works similarily to Red, but with more range and less damage/knockback.
Wonderful Cyclone: Spins 360 degrees with the gun, fires a shot forwards and one backwards while knocking away nearby opponents.
Wonderful Cyclone: Spins 360 degrees with the whip. Hits once, good range, good knockback.
Wonderful Cyclone: Spins and hits twice with the hammer. Similar to Kirby's aerial side B.
Wonderful Cyclone: Good horizontal range. Moves quickly sideways. Mash it to keep it going indefinitely. Doing this in the air will make you fall slower, but not gain any height. Creates a tornado above you that will make opponents fall slower.
Wonderful Cyclone: Throws one bomb forward and one backwards.

Side B: Wonderful Stinger. Generally a quickly advancing move. Leaves you helpless unless otherwise stated.

Wonderful Stinger: Rushes forward fist first.
Wonderful Stinger: A far-traveling stab witht he sword.
Wonderful Stinger: Mash B to fire multiple shots. Won't leave you helpless, but can one be done once per jump. Freezes you in place as he fires.
Wonderful Stinger: Dashes forward with the whip completely straight. Tethers.
Wonderful Stinger: Jumps on top of the hammer as it travels forward using its thrusters.
Wonderful Stinger: Fires a claw boomerang forward, which then returns. Won't leave you helpless, but can one be done once per jump. Freezes you in place as he throws it.
Wonderful Stinger: Throws a bomb, further than with Jab/Nair. Won't leave you helpless, but can one be done once per jump. Freezes you in place as he throws it.

Up B: Wonderful Rising. Generally a rising uppercut-like move. Leaves you helpless like up B-moves usually do.

Wonderful Rising: A quick, rising uppercut.
Wonderful Rising: Spins sword 720 degrees around him while doing backflips and going upwards.
Wonderful Rising: Does a slight hop upwards while spinning his gun, which you can then fire multiple times in an upwards angle by mashing B. Bad for recovery purposes.
Wonderful Rising: Does a slight hop upwards while sending the whip straight upwards. Can tether.
Wonderful Rising: Swings the hammer upwards. It has a slow start-up, but it will move quickly once it gets going, thanks to the thrusters on the hammer. He will also rocket downwards after getting to the peak, making it more safe than others while used on the ground.
Wonderful Rising: Jumps upwards while spinning rapidly, forming a claw sawblade. Mash B to keep spinning. Will start losing altitude after a while.
Wonderful Rising: H Does a slight hop upwards while throwing a bomb straight up. It is thrown in such a way that it will detonate at roughtly the same height as it was thrown. Bad for recovery purposes.

Down B: Wonder-Liner. Allows you to draw what weapon you want to use with the Analog stick. It will freeze you in place for a while upon activation in the air, similarly to Ness' Up B. Can only be done once per jump. Drawing at the opponent will cause minor damage.

Draw a circle.
Draw a straight line.
Draw an L.
Draw an S or another wavey shape.
Draw a straight line, then a circle.
Draw a Z.
Draw a circle, then a straight line.

The bigger your drawing is, the more powerful (and slow) your weapon will be, for a limited time.

SPECIAL ABILITIES/OTHER:
Each WOnderful One has at least one special effect:
Block a fire-based move with your shield to do extra, fire-based damage until you switch weapons.
Block a lightning-based move with your shield to do extra, lightning-based damage until you switch weapons. Block a laser-based move with your shield to reflect it automatically.
Green is noticably heavier than the rest.
Jumps slightly higher, but falls faster than the others.
Slightly heavier than the others. He throws items further, and will move faster while carrying a crate.
Is able to wallcling.
He is able to jump midair twice. He's a small target that weights less than everyone else.

Shield: Unite Guts.
Shield roll: Unite Spring.
Run: Unite Ball.
Glide: Unite Glider. (Can only be done by drawing a triangle during down B midair.)

Final smash: Unlimited Form.
The team enters unlimited form. This grants them an infinite amount of midair jumps, removes the helpless state from all of their moves, and gives them max-size weapons for the entire duration of the FS.
Speaking of Movesets....i'll add this to the OP.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I've been trying to get discussion going on Wonder Red in the Roster Prediction Discussion thread. But it moves so quick :facepalm:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So i just remembered that Bayonetta is in Wonderful 101. So Wonder Red's game is the only reason why she even has a chance. lol

I've been trying to get discussion going on Wonder Red in the Roster Prediction Discussion thread. But it moves so quick :facepalm:
Sad how people either underestimate him or don't get a chance to read your posts.

I wonder if anyone else has realized that Rosalina's inclusion helps multiple characters quite a bit.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
So i just remembered that Bayonetta is in Wonderful 101. So Wonder Red's game is the only reason why she even has a chance. lol

Sad how people either underestimate him or don't get a chance to read your posts.

I wonder if anyone else has realized that Rosalina's inclusion helps multiple characters quite a bit.
I remember reading about that a while back but forgot until the other day when I was reading up on the different "Wonder X" members of the group, of which they were listed.

It is sad, but at least through our efforts we brought back discussion to a Wonderful thread that had been dead for two months prior. If anything, I'd say that's a plus.

(Post-op: I started ranting a little in this paragraph, haha) People think that sales of a game affects if it receives a character, and that may be true to some small extent, but I've mentioned it multiple times on the Roster Prediction and that is that Wonderful 101 hadn't released yet by the time Sakurai finished deciding on the roster, and even Wonderful 101 itself was a really good game and was received as a really good game, it just didn't sell many copies because not many people own Wii U's yet, and so Wonder Red wouldn't have his chances affected by the reception of his game (which was really good) or the sales of his game (which were still pretty good considering) since he would've been decided upon way before either of those would have presented a plus or a problem. I feel like I'm yelling at you guys, haha, since you understand this and I should be mentioning this elsewhere, but most everywhere else on the boards people don't think of this, and have varying degrees of "NO MUH RECENCY", "NO MUH ONLY ONE GAME" and "NO MUH BAD SALES ON A GAME OR SERIES" (mocking never gets you anywhere, but really, however much I dislike the "MUH x", that's what it seems like a lot of times), as if Sakurai ever once stated that either of those affected what characters got on the roster in games' past, and that they try to use these imaginary, made up limitations to say that characters like Wonder Red, Shulk, Dillon, even Isaac to an extent nowadays - all of which are fairly popular characters from fairly popular games or franchises that were very highly regarded but perhaps didn't sell well who are all extremely unique and have the potential to introduce a lot of new potential into the series through new and creative movesets - have little chance and despite their popularity, can't and shouldn't be considered front-runners, when I would argue to say for quite a few different reasons unique to each all are likely in their own way, perhaps not on the same level as each other, but still on the playing field nonetheless where most people would say they aren't.

And Rosalina, with the way she works, can only boost the chances of Wonder Red, especially if his moveset involves the other members of the Wonderful 101 fighting alongside or otherwise assisting in his attacks, and with everything else already covered just in the past week through here and other threads, he cannot be easily dismissed anymore where perhaps he could be before. He's certainly never gonna be leaving my roster prediction sheet ever again, that's for sure. :cool:

Top Bottom