• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vote Wonder Red! - Wonder-Red's Last Stand?! Final Days of the Fighter Ballot

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
But Capcom owns the Viewtiful Joe IP, don't they?
Maybe the next project is a Viewtiful Joe sequel published by Nintendo (in the same way Nintendo published Bayonetta despite that being Sega's IP). Or maybe Capcom is publishing it?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I don't see why that would be announced in a 101 Direct though. Just because of similar crew.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure this surprise won't be a playable Wonder Red in Smash, but I honestly don't have a clue what it might end up being. It's almost enough for me to actually get up early enough to watch this Direct... almost. :laugh:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
im very interested in the wonderful 101 and im most likely going to get it and it would be cool if wonder red was in smash so put me down as a supporter

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Wonder Red = Viewtiful Joe
Wonder Blue = Raiden
Wonder Pink = Bayonetta

lol I'm serious about Wonder Pink. She has a very similar hair style also. lol

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I kind of doubt the addition of any Wonderful 101 characters.
When has there ever been a Nintendo/2nd Party character that has made it into Super Smash Bros. right after their first game installment?
And even when you think about the characters that have only one game under their belt, those characters have been around for Nintendo for quite sometime (NES and/or SNES)

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
So it was an extended trailer and not a character reveal...huh kinda expected as much considering we got Luigi already this month

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
This.

Also hey, a demo isn't THAT bad. I mean, it's not what everyone wanted (Platinum to work on a new star fox game, announce a port, etc) but for what it's worth and for what I expected it's moderate.
The demo was revealed during the European direct apparently. So i wouldn't say it's the demo. However, Platinum said that the next blog post would reveal the "SPECIAL" thing.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
This image was used on the Platinum Games blog on July 26. Can we just talk about how this is the EXACT same backdrop as the Dojo?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I don't think so. It should be available soon though.

I think Wonder Red would've been cool, but I'm not sure i'm totally surprised. At the same time, i'm surprised he wasn't announced for Smash Bros.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Wonder Red = Viewtiful Joe
Wonder Blue = Raiden
Wonder Pink = Bayonetta

lol I'm serious about Wonder Pink. She has a very similar hair style also. lol
Wonder Pink is a reference to Castlevania. In her trailer, she's mentioned specifically from Transylvania. She uses a whip, which is made from Belmont alloy.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Have they made the special announcement? I can't tell from the comments here whether the demo was it or if we're still waiting. Other than that, add me to the list of supporters, Wonder Red is one of my favorite new characters at the moment, and he along with Dillon and Shulk are my top three characters-from-presently-unrepped-series to get into SM4SH.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Wonder Pink is a reference to Castlevania. In her trailer, she's mentioned specifically from Transylvania. She uses a whip, which is made from Belmont alloy.
I am talking about their designs more then what they do and where they're from. :rolleyes:

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
well wonderful red has a better chance than bayonetta due to wonderful red being a Nintendo character bayonetta is not and sakurai is interesting in platinum due to the picture he took when he snuck in so he might be interested in a character by platinum but not getting 100% hope due to just a visit I mean did he accualy talk to platinum and he might help wonderful red game get more popular

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Oh, I'm actually excited for this game. I literally knew nothing about before today, but it actually looks like a lot of fun. There also seems to be almost limitless combo moves that can be executed. I wasn't expecting much from a new series, but this one looks like it has potential.

Top Bottom