• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vote Wonder Red! - Wonder-Red's Last Stand?! Final Days of the Fighter Ballot

D

Deleted member

I just bought Wonderful 101. I should be able to get a Wii U within the next few days and see if Wonderful 101 actually interest me.

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
^Buying the game before the system? That's some serious patience man haha. The game has tons of character, you'll enjoy it :)

D

Deleted member

^Buying the game before the system? That's some serious patience man haha. The game has tons of character, you'll enjoy it :)
I actually was going to get Wonderful 101 and the Wii U at the same time, but my Best Buy was sold out of Wii U's.

Kenrallminyah

Smash Rookie
I would fully support Wonder red in the new smash, if you have a list of supporters going I would like to join.

It would be really awesome seeing wonder red controlling his heroes against Olimar and his army of pikmin! On a side note, Sakurai said they were having trouble with multi character players such as the ice climbers in the 3DS version. That has since been solved, but still makes me wonder if Olimar or Wonder red will fit into the 3DS game at all. What scares me even more is will the ice climbers be coming back! Honestly I hate those characters they have absolutely no personality to work with and are boring to use. Pray that Rosalina, or even better Banjo Kazooie to replace those two clowns.

I didnt get to play the Wonderful 101 because I dont have a Wii U, but I strongly agree that Wonder Red could make good use of those elusive roster spots that so many potential characters are trying to hunt down. I love Reds cartoonish appearance as well. I have a hatred for adding human like sword characters to the game, keep the fire emblem character spots to a minimum and all other final fantasy characters away. This is super smash bros not soul caliber.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i think wonder red could have smash taunts based on his compulsive need to introduce everyone

"If it isn't the mascot of nintendo, hero of the mushroom kingdom, arch-enemy of the villain bowser: SUPER MARIO!"

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I would fully support Wonder red in the new smash, if you have a list of supporters going I would like to join.

It would be really awesome seeing wonder red controlling his heroes against Olimar and his army of pikmin! On a side note, Sakurai said they were having trouble with multi character players such as the ice climbers in the 3DS version. That has since been solved, but still makes me wonder if Olimar or Wonder red will fit into the 3DS game at all. What scares me even more is will the ice climbers be coming back! Honestly I hate those characters they have absolutely no personality to work with and are boring to use. Pray that Rosalina, or even better Banjo Kazooie to replace those two clowns.

I didnt get to play the Wonderful 101 because I dont have a Wii U, but I strongly agree that Wonder Red could make good use of those elusive roster spots that so many potential characters are trying to hunt down. I love Reds cartoonish appearance as well. I have a hatred for adding human like sword characters to the game, keep the fire emblem character spots to a minimum and all other final fantasy characters away. This is super smash bros not soul caliber.
Added to support list.

i think wonder red could have smash taunts based on his compulsive need to introduce everyone

"If it isn't the mascot of nintendo, hero of the mushroom kingdom, arch-enemy of the villain bowser: SUPER MARIO!"
Yes! lol

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
In response to SSb4 being an overall brighter and more expressive game, he'd basically be the mascot haha

Ascended

Smash Ace
Imagine this: You do something that causes Wonder Red's silhouette to appear along with the words WARNING CHALLENGER APPROACHING! Next thing you know, you're fighting on top of the school bus in Blossom City while this is playing in the background:

I would be so hyped I'd probably cry tears of joy, and I haven't even played The Wonderful 101 yet!

TempahRelapse

Smash Journeyman
Add me to supporters, haven't played the game but I assume Wonder Red is licensed by Ninentendo. Does anyone know?

Also I don't know who originally did thm, but I've seen some different Wonder Red sigs floating around

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah, Wonder Red is from a second-party series, like Pokemon. Nintendo co-owns the IP.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Imagine this: You do something that causes Wonder Red's silhouette to appear along with the words WARNING CHALLENGER APPROACHING! Next thing you know, you're fighting on top of the school bus in Blossom City while this is playing in the background:

I would be so hyped I'd probably cry tears of joy, and I haven't even played The Wonderful 101 yet!
This song is a lot more hilarious to me than it should be for being the main theme, haha. We need this in the game regardless of whether Wonder Red is in or not.

Which he will be. Because overoptimistic expectations.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
here's another:

"If it isn't the legendary hero of hyrule, wielder of the blade of evil's bane, barer of the triforce of courage: LINK!"

Fandangox

Smash Lord
I made a moveset for the entire team the other day, might as well post it here:

The Wonderful 100

In this moveset, I've color-coded the attacks to the Wonderful One that performs it, like this:
Wonder Red: Unite Hand
Wonder Blue: Unite Sword
Wonder Green: Unite Gun
Wonder Pink: Unite Whip
Wonder Yellow: Unite Hammer
Wonder White: Unite Claw
Wonder Black: Unite Bomb

Some attacks are available for all the Wonderful Ones (Jab, Nair and B-moves). The other moves will change your Wonderful One instantly.

Jab: Punch, Punch, Uppercut.
Jab: Horizontal slash, upwards Slash, downwards slash. During Nair, last hit will slam down into the ground. It also spikes opponents.
Jab: Fires one shot forward.
Jab: Two whip lashes.
Jab: Slams hammer into the ground. Spikes during first active frame.
Jab: Five quick hits with the claws. Has a freezing effect on higher percentages (Goes for all of his moves)
Jab: Throws a bomb that slowes time in a small area upon detonation (Takes a while to detonate, and can be picked up by the opponent. This also goes for Nair and bombs from B-moves. You can't throw more bombs when there's already one on the field.)

Ftilt: Sword stab.

Utilt: A quick, standing uppercut.

Dtilt: Pokes at the opponent's feet with the claw. Works similarly to Ness' or R.O.B's Dtilt.

Dash A: Slidws forward with the whip spinning in a spiral.

Fsmash: Swings the hammer sideways.

Usmash: Throws a bomb up into the air. Unlike the time-bomb, this one will detonate with a normal explosion almost instantly (Power and blast radius are greater if charged for a while)

Dsmash: Fires the Super Scope into the ground, similarly to Samus' Dtilt.

Grab: Grabs the opponent with the whip.
Pummle: kicks the oppponent with her heel.
Fthrow: Simple forwards throw with the whip.
Dthrow: Quickly bash the grounded opponent with the hammer.
Uthrow: Throws the opponent into the air and shoots them a couple of times.
Bthrow: Wonder Black jumps over the opponent and lays a bomb behind them, that explodes normally.

Nair: Works like the Jab. When used in midair though, it will halt your downwards momentum slightly the first time used, but not enough for you to gain any height.

Fair: Swings the hammer in front of him. Can spike the opponent (Think Snake's Fair)

Dair: Swings the sword in a wide arc below him, similarly to Marth or Meta Knight.

Uair: Quick, aireal uppercut.

Bair: Slashes with the claws behind him multiple times.

Zair: Lashes out with the whip. Can tether.

B: Wonderful Cyclone. Is generally a spinning move that hits on both sides. When used in midair it will not put you in a helpless state. If Kirby swallows you, he'll get the move of the active Wonderful One.

Wonderful Cyclone: Spins around, fist first. Mash to keep it active for longer and gain height if used in mid-air.
Wonderful Cyclone: Works similarily to Red, but with more range and less damage/knockback.
Wonderful Cyclone: Spins 360 degrees with the gun, fires a shot forwards and one backwards while knocking away nearby opponents.
Wonderful Cyclone: Spins 360 degrees with the whip. Hits once, good range, good knockback.
Wonderful Cyclone: Spins and hits twice with the hammer. Similar to Kirby's aerial side B.
Wonderful Cyclone: Good horizontal range. Moves quickly sideways. Mash it to keep it going indefinitely. Doing this in the air will make you fall slower, but not gain any height. Creates a tornado above you that will make opponents fall slower.
Wonderful Cyclone: Throws one bomb forward and one backwards.

Side B: Wonderful Stinger. Generally a quickly advancing move. Leaves you helpless unless otherwise stated.

Wonderful Stinger: Rushes forward fist first.
Wonderful Stinger: A far-traveling stab witht he sword.
Wonderful Stinger: Mash B to fire multiple shots. Won't leave you helpless, but can one be done once per jump. Freezes you in place as he fires.
Wonderful Stinger: Dashes forward with the whip completely straight. Tethers.
Wonderful Stinger: Jumps on top of the hammer as it travels forward using its thrusters.
Wonderful Stinger: Fires a claw boomerang forward, which then returns. Won't leave you helpless, but can one be done once per jump. Freezes you in place as he throws it.
Wonderful Stinger: Throws a bomb, further than with Jab/Nair. Won't leave you helpless, but can one be done once per jump. Freezes you in place as he throws it.

Up B: Wonderful Rising. Generally a rising uppercut-like move. Leaves you helpless like up B-moves usually do.

Wonderful Rising: A quick, rising uppercut.
Wonderful Rising: Spins sword 720 degrees around him while doing backflips and going upwards.
Wonderful Rising: Does a slight hop upwards while spinning his gun, which you can then fire multiple times in an upwards angle by mashing B. Bad for recovery purposes.
Wonderful Rising: Does a slight hop upwards while sending the whip straight upwards. Can tether.
Wonderful Rising: Swings the hammer upwards. It has a slow start-up, but it will move quickly once it gets going, thanks to the thrusters on the hammer. He will also rocket downwards after getting to the peak, making it more safe than others while used on the ground.
Wonderful Rising: Jumps upwards while spinning rapidly, forming a claw sawblade. Mash B to keep spinning. Will start losing altitude after a while.
Wonderful Rising: H Does a slight hop upwards while throwing a bomb straight up. It is thrown in such a way that it will detonate at roughtly the same height as it was thrown. Bad for recovery purposes.

Down B: Wonder-Liner. Allows you to draw what weapon you want to use with the Analog stick. It will freeze you in place for a while upon activation in the air, similarly to Ness' Up B. Can only be done once per jump. Drawing at the opponent will cause minor damage.

Draw a circle.
Draw a straight line.
Draw an L.
Draw an S or another wavey shape.
Draw a straight line, then a circle.
Draw a Z.
Draw a circle, then a straight line.

The bigger your drawing is, the more powerful (and slow) your weapon will be, for a limited time.

SPECIAL ABILITIES/OTHER:
Each WOnderful One has at least one special effect:
Block a fire-based move with your shield to do extra, fire-based damage until you switch weapons.
Block a lightning-based move with your shield to do extra, lightning-based damage until you switch weapons. Block a laser-based move with your shield to reflect it automatically.
Green is noticably heavier than the rest.
Jumps slightly higher, but falls faster than the others.
Slightly heavier than the others. He throws items further, and will move faster while carrying a crate.
Is able to wallcling.
He is able to jump midair twice. He's a small target that weights less than everyone else.

Shield: Unite Guts.
Shield roll: Unite Spring.
Run: Unite Ball.
Glide: Unite Glider. (Can only be done by drawing a triangle during down B midair.)

Final smash: Unlimited Form.
The team enters unlimited form. This grants them an infinite amount of midair jumps, removes the helpless state from all of their moves, and gives them max-size weapons for the entire duration of the FS.
That's an interesting moveset, I had something similar in mind except a bit simpler. Wonder Red would be the only playable character, but he would have access to everyone's morphs with his down B. All his attacks would be the same regarldess of what morph he is using, but the effects would vary. Example: Fist is more balancend and all around, Hammer is for strong attacks, but slow. Whip, and Sword for more range, yet weaker than fist, and gun for extra range, but weakest overall. The only one that would not fit would be Bomb, but I assume that could be simply made separate moves in that be unique moves in the moveset instead.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
I wholly support Wonder Red, even if I'm not particularly certain of his chances.

BTW can we have jokes on Sonic's Valiantium Blade? Because I'm sure they need to be made.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
if it isnt a denizen of the planet pop-star, resident of dream land with the ability to copy foes: KIRBY!

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
if it isnt a denizen of the planet pop-star, resident of dream land with the ability to copy foes: KIRBY!
here's another:

"If it isn't the legendary hero of hyrule, wielder of the blade of evil's bane, barer of the triforce of courage: LINK!"

I'll add these to the OP.

I wholly support Wonder Red, even if I'm not particularly certain of his chances.

BTW can we have jokes on Sonic's Valiantium Blade? Because I'm sure they need to be made.
Add me to supporters, haven't played the game but I assume Wonder Red is licensed by Ninentendo. Does anyone know?

Also I don't know who originally did thm, but I've seen some different Wonder Red sigs floating around
Adding supporters.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Interesting idea for the Wonder One character. COMPOSITE WONDER ONE!

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Super-Smash-Bros-4-Character-Ideas-Part-2-427547724

The Wonderful 101 - A huge group of superheroes who can join together to transform into anything.

Special Move: Unite Gun - The group morphs into a giant Super Scope that launches huge, fast bullets.
Side Special: Wonder-Liner - Sends a bunch of heroes out in a damaging, rainbow-colored stream. Use the control stick to move it around anywhere you like.
Up Special: Unite Rocket - The Wonderful 101 turn into a rocket and blast into the air. Hold the button to charge it up and make the rocket shoot higher.
Down Special: Unite Bomb - Produces a bomb that creates a small black energy bubble, slowing enemies down. Only one can be used at a time.
Final Smash: Unlimited Form - The Wonderful 101 gain a huge amount of energy, making their attacks bigger and more powerful than ever. You can even use multiple Unite Bombs in this form.

D

Deleted member

I've played a demo of W101 in a retailer (FNAC if anyone knows), and MAN this game is enjoyable.

For sure it will be part of my starting collection of Wii U games, with Pikmin 3 and Mario 3D World, when I will get one.

I am also perfectly fine with any inclusion from this IP.

However, how would it work ?

Wonder Red only ?
Or a tag team with other Wonders ?

I'm hungry of information.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I played the demo a few weeks ago, and I really like it too. Whenever/if I ever get a Wii U, then Wonderful 101 is one of the first games I'm picking up.

I think both could work, though I'd rather see a basically-standalone Wonder Red both because aside from a few moves that may necessitate the rest of the team showing up (like the Final Smash) he has more than enough material to be his own character without needing the others, plus it would lend to their being possible later down the road as their own characters too (since being a part of a character's moveset is like a death sentence; you know who I'm referring to).

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I've played a demo of W101 in a retailer (FNAC if anyone knows), and MAN this game is enjoyable.

For sure it will be part of my starting collection of Wii U games, with Pikmin 3 and Mario 3D World, when I will get one.

I am also perfectly fine with any inclusion from this IP.

However, how would it work ?

Wonder Red only ?
Or a tag team with other Wonders ?

I'm hungry of information.
Interesting idea for the Wonder One character. COMPOSITE WONDER ONE!

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Super-Smash-Bros-4-Character-Ideas-Part-2-427547724
This should be a good answer to your question.

does anyone made if i keep writing smash taunts for red?
Keep doing them. I'm adding them to the OP anyway. :laugh: They're amazing.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
if it isnt an inter galactic bounty hunter with a power suit built by the chozo and infused with their blood: SAMUS ARAN!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
if it isnt the most famous pokemon of all, a small mouse pokemon of the electric type: PIKACHU!

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
The Wonderful 101 is a great game and i would like to see Wonder Red as a character but one Thing confuses me:
Is it a Nintendo-Franchise or does Platinum own it? I did a Little Research (or at least tried) and didnt found anything.

However Wonder Red would be great. I think it would only be him as a character. To Play as all Wonderful-Ones would be a bit to much.
They could be uses as a Final Smash like the Unit-Big or a bigger Unit-Hand.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
here's one for when he against him self:

if it isn't will wedge wood. wonderful one of the blossom city branch, nicked named the crimson fist, better known as: WONDER RED! hang on second....

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
The Wonderful 101 is a great game and i would like to see Wonder Red as a character but one Thing confuses me:
Is it a Nintendo-Franchise or does Platinum own it? I did a Little Research (or at least tried) and didnt found anything.

However Wonder Red would be great. I think it would only be him as a character. To Play as all Wonderful-Ones would be a bit to much.
they share the copy right so its both

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
here's one for when he against him self:

if it isn't will wedge wood. wonderful one of the blossom city branch, nicked named the crimson fist, better known as: WONDER RED! hang on second....
More additions. lol

Second party franchise.
they share the copy right so its both
Yep

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
So hes second Party. Now i have to edit my Most Wanted-List again. Thank you guys.
Anyway Count me in as a supporter.

And please continue with his taunts. These are too good. ^^

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
If it isn't the guardian of both man and robotkind of the year 20XX, versatile adaptive android with the will for justice: MEGA MAN!
If it isn't the dangerously savvy civilian, representative Mayor of Smashville, master gardener and bug-catcher: VILLAGER!
If it isn't Commanding Officer of the Pikmin species, great space exploring employee of Hocotate Freight, resident Hocotatian and father of two: CAPTAIN OLIMAR!

I'm in support.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Fun Fact That i just Learned: One of the SECRET misc heroes you get in Wonderful 101 is Silvia from Viewtiful Joe. Confirmed by Kamiya himself. I'll let you figure out who it is.

Fun Fact 2: Wonder Pink has a conversation with Silvia about Joe hidden somewhere in the game. lol

If it isn't the guardian of both man and robotkind of the year 20XX, versatile adaptive android with the will for justice: MEGA MAN!
If it isn't the dangerously savvy civilian, representative Mayor of Smashville, master gardener and bug-catcher: VILLAGER!
If it isn't Commanding Officer of the Pikmin species, great space exploring employee of Hocotate Freight, resident Hocotatian and father of two: CAPTAIN OLIMAR!

I'm in support.
Added you and your quotes to the OP!

Last edited:
Top Bottom