• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vote Wonder Red! - Wonder-Red's Last Stand?! Final Days of the Fighter Ballot

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Nice to see more awesome ideas! :awesome:
Thanks!!! It means a lot coming from the guy who started this thread, especially when I think about the awesome ideas I'm sure are floating around your head. After all, you are kinda probably the Wonder-Red/Wonderful 101 expert here on the Smash Boards! Oh, and thanks for putting me on your "Supporters" list.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Thanks!!! It means a lot coming from the guy who started this thread, especially when I think about the awesome ideas I'm sure are floating around your head. After all, you are kinda probably the Wonder-Red/Wonderful 101 expert here on the Smash Boards! Oh, and thanks for putting me on your "Supporters" list.
No problem!

WonderSmash

Smash Apprentice
Put me on the list please! Since Little Mac was revealed Will Wedgewood has been my #1 most wanted Smash Bros Newcomer. Wonderful 101 is my favorite Wii U game to date and the game is horribly under appreciated.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Go ahead and add me I support any character that's from a series that's not already represented and Wonderful 101 is at the top of the list its my favorite action game and Wonder Red is my most wanted behind Takamaru

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
I'd be a huge supporter of Wonder Red. He's a perfect fit for smash and full of personality and moveset potential... but I fear it's too late for him.
Unless maybe they have DLC characters added afterwards.

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
Well to be fair W101 was in development long before smash 4 so Sakurai may of know about the game before it's first announcement/before smash started development.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
>Sakurai is friends with Kamiya.
>Sakurai tried to Solid Snake his way into Platinum.

I'm pretty sure Wonder Red is a safe bet until Sakurai or Kamiya say otherwise. Hell, Wonder Red can even be a hidden character if those return.

Kirbizard

Smash Cadet
I would be absolutely down with Wonder Red being playable.

I've said elsewhere, if he doesn't make it, I'd hope the 100 Man Melee/brawl mode of this game gets reskinned with Wonderful 101 characters. I feel it would really add that Nintendo charm to the mode. Unforunately, I can't see that much effort being put into such a small mode, but I think it's a neat idea.

SpiderJerusalem

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NewBabel
3DS FC
4124-5499-0990

I've said elsewhere, if he doesn't make it, I'd hope the 100 Man Melee/brawl mode of this game gets reskinned with Wonderful 101 characters. I feel it would really add that Nintendo charm to the mode. Unforunately, I can't see that much effort being put into such a small mode, but I think it's a neat idea.
great idea, wish I thought of it first

IronFish

Smash Ace
I want Blue in as well as Red because he was just as important to the game as Red plus he is one of the few characters in W101 that you can play as by themselves (also he's be unique as a small swordsman)

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I'll support it!

Adding more people! :awesome:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478

That idea just simply viewtiful. When you beat the frame number 100 Wonder Red Offer a challenge. I want him in smash bros but is kinda low. *Go to a corner and cry*

Ascended

Smash Ace
I don't remember if I said this before or not, but I think it would be cool to unlock Wonder Red by playing 101 VS matches. After you fulfill that requirement, you fight him on the school bus in Blossom City with The Won-Stoppable Wonderful 100 playing in the background.

Also, I agree with whoever said that if Greninja could get in, then Wonder Red could get in.

IronFish

Smash Ace
I don't remember if I said this before or not, but I think it would be cool to unlock Wonder Red by playing 101 VS matches. After you fulfill that requirement, you fight him on the school bus in Blossom City with The Won-Stoppable Wonderful 100 playing in the background.

Also, I agree with whoever said that if Greninja could get in, then Wonder Red could get in.
I wish Blue would be in as one of the last characters you unlock, Because he was just important as Red to the plot and could give him all the sword skills on a smaller scale like stinger, rising, and cyclone... in fact here is a moveset for the both of them

Stage: Blossom City Invasion
the school bus from the prologue with Blossom city in the background being attacked.
Just two bus sections with holes in the roof and an attack-able switch then detaches the bus sections, and falling on the road causes you to go off camera

Moveset for Wonder Red

Unlock: Play 101 matches

Size: bit bigger than Toon Link Weight: same as Marth Speed: Same as Ike's

not very fast moving and low-ranged attacks and a little floaty, but good at jumping and had really fast powerful attacks and very low kill %s

Special Fire Hand: Red punches with a fire affect and sends a fire ball bouncing across the stage, it does fire damage to those hit by the punch
Side Special: lunges forward with a punch that does a lot of knock-back, can be charged for more range/damage
Down Special Wonder Cyclone: Red spins around like a smaller MK Mach Tornado trapping opponents but it stays in place and can't be spammed
Up Special Wonderful Rising: Red does a powerful uppercut that makes him go a bit higher than Mario's ^special and does more damage but has a lot of start-up

Final Smash: Unite Hand! Red shouts "Unite Hand" and his hand grows 4 times the size for 7 seconds and in that time all his attacks are basically instant kills but his take a while to swing and are easy to dodge

Taunts:
Up: he does a fist pump and says "Team Unite Up"
Side: takes a pose and says "Diplomacy has failed"
Down: P-Star comes out and flies around Red and then disappears

Pros
very powerful attacker
good Recovery
fast attacks
low kill %

Cons
floaty
a little slow
low attack range

Moveset for Wonder Blue

Unlock: Play 1001 matches or beat classic on all difficulties

Size: bit bigger than Toon Link Weight/Speed: Same as Marth

Good at jumping and can swing sword as fast as Meta Knight but can't spam it but is a little floaty and has bad Aerials

Special Thunder Sword: Blue swings his swords while electrically charged and sends a small bolt across the stage like Luigi's fireball and will knocks back any who are hit by the swing
Side Special Wonder Stinger: Blue rushes forward same speed/distance a Fox's side special and can be used for recovery
Down Special Wonder Cyclone: Spins in circles with sword like link's ^special on the ground and is good for combos but isn't good for recovery
Up Special Wonderful Rising: Goes up into the air at a decent height then if opponent is hit does a few attacks and comes back down

Final Smash: Unite Sword! Blue cries "Unite Sword" Blue's sword grows three times as big as it was (as big as the smallest you can have sword in W101) for 10 seconds and all his attacks have amazing range, but take a while to swing so your opponent can get out of the way if there is enough room

Taunts
Up: he practice swings sword and says "feel the sting of the valiantium blade"
Side: practice jab's sword and says "I'll cut you in 3 halves"
Down: Throws rose into air to catch it but misses

Pros
fast attacker
good attack range
good recovery

Cons
bad aerial game
easy to juggle
floaty

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Wonder red would be very good to help promote platinum's games. Bayonetta would work too.
Platinum is going to be close to nintendo this gen, so why not give them a rep.

I support

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
The Wonderful 101 is actually first-party. The term "second-party" is a label for developers only, lol.

But yeah, I can see Wonder-Red being unique. He'd be more unique if his special moves had the other Wonderful Ones, like Wonder-Pink's Unite Whip as a recovery and Wonder-Black's Unite Bomb as a down special.

IronFish

Smash Ace
The Wonderful 101 is actually first-party. The term "second-party" is a label for developers only, lol.

But yeah, I can see Wonder-Red being unique. He'd be more unique if his special moves had the other Wonderful Ones, like Wonder-Pink's Unite Whip as a recovery and Wonder-Black's Unite Bomb as a down special.
Two things is that the unite weapon are too big to be in smash and be fair and all "whip" type recoveries have bee replaced for actual recoveries that give altitude

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Two things is that the unite weapon are too big to be in smash and be fair and all "whip" type recoveries have bee replaced for actual recoveries that give altitude
Then shrink him down so his fist isn't that large and make his up-b recovery Wonder Upper problem solved right?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Unite morphs being too big isn't a problem since their size depends on the number of heroes. There's only going to be Wonder Red. (And the other heroes in the moveset i made a while back) So the unite morph would be tiny.

[collapse=Wonder Red Moveset]

Entrance: Wonder Red is in his civilian mode and then he turns into hero form.
AAAA: Basic Combo - Unlike other basic combos this one has four hits. (Right hook, left hook, uppercut, charge punch)
Dash: Wonder Stinger - Wonder Charges forward at high speeds with his fist pointed forward.
Forward Tilt: A forward kick.
Down Tilt/Crouch: Foot sweep.
Up Tilt: Does an upward kick.

Smashes:
Down Smash: Wonder Yellow appears and smashes the hammer onto the ground creating an explosion.
Forward Smash: Wonder Blue appears and uses the Wonder Stinger.
Up Smash: Rising Upper - Wonder Red deals a powerful uppercut and launches him up into the air.

Aerials:
Neutral: Wonder Red will spin around in the air punching with Unite Hand!
Forward: Wonder Red punches forward with his unite hand.
Down: Wonder Red slashes down with a GEATHJERK large sword. (Feeling a bit beside yourself Laambo?)
Back: Wonder Green appears and shoots a round behind Wonder Red.
Up: Rising Upper - Wonder Red uses his uppercut move.

Specials:
Neutral Spacial: UNITE GUN! - Wonder Green appears and fires off a round from his unite morph.
Forward Spacial: UNITE CLAWS! - Wonder White appears and slashes his claws. This sends waves of energy at opponents and will randomly freeze opponents.
Up Special: UNITE ROCKET! - Wonder Red does his unite morph and creates his rocket. This allows him to fly upward in a straight line. (The rocket will continue to fall until it lifts off if done in the air)
Down Special: UNITE BOMB! - Wonder Black appears and tosses one of his bombs. This bomb will slow down the opponents in time temporarily. This moves can NOT be spammed. (It has a cool down period of twenty seconds)

FINAL SMASH: UNITE BIG! - Wonder Red becomes his giant unite morph and proceeds to plow through enemies. He will only be able to do his basic combo while in this form. (Massive strength boost and the inability to be ko'd by enemies makes up for this)

Throws:
Grab: UNITE WHIP! - Wonder Pink appears and pulls the opponent towards Wonder Red with her whip.
Pummel: Wonder Red holds the opponent by their clothes/fur/armor and punches them repeatedly in the face. (Based on a certain scene in W101. lol)
Forward Throw: Wonder Green shoots the opponent away in a super scope round.
Down Throw: UNITE TOMBSTONE! - Wonder Red slams the victim on the ground, jumps in the air, and turns into the tombs stone. The tomb stone will then fall and crush the opponent.
Up Throw: Wonder Red will toss the opponent up into the air and then toss up a car to him them from bellow.
Back Throw: Wonder Blue appears and uses his sword to sling the victim away.

Dodge Roll: Wonder Spring - Wonder Red will bounce back in a giant energy spring.

Shield: Unite Guts - The Unite Guts will appear instead of the usual shield.[/collapse]

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Where do I sign up for this?
Btw, for the guy saying the Unite Morphs are too big(lol this again) if you just press A when they are selected, it is like 1.5X Wonder-Red's size

And my Moveset for him
One thing I would like to note is that it could be just Wonder-Red creating the Unite-Morphs(with the multiplayer color) as in the final battle it is shown that they create Unite-Morphs from thin air
S-Smash:Wonderful stinger(U-Hand)
D-Smash:Unite hammer
U-Smash:Wonderful rising(U-Hand)
Specials:
N-Special:Unite-Gun(projectile, chargeable, transforms into bazooka when fully charged[I assume it's what it becomes])
S-Special:Unite-Claw(projectile, can freeze opponents)
D-Special:Unite-Bomb(slows down fighters, chargeable, makes blast radium and slow time longer)
U-Special:Wonder-Jump(causes no damage)
Final Smash: "Wonderful 100, diplomacy has failed. Team, engage Unlimited Form!"
Causes to all Unite-Morphs based moves have 2x their original size; Wonder-Jump has a hitbox and is larger; Damages causes no flinching to Wonder-Red

Alt Costumes:Blue/Wonder-Blue
Green/Wonder-Green
Yellow/Wonder-Yellow
White/Wonder-White
Black/Wonder-Black Screw this, Prince Vorkken is the only Alt Costume you will ever need

Last edited by a moderator:

IronFish

Smash Ace
Btw, for the guy saying the Unite Morphs are too big(lol this again) if you just press A when they are selected, it is like 1.5X Wonder-Red's size

And my Moveset for him
One thing I would like to note is that it could be just Wonder-Red creating the Unite-Morphs(with the multiplayer color) as in the final battle it is shown that they create Unite-Morphs from thin air
Specials:
N-Special:Unite-Gun(projectile, chargeable, transforms into bazooka when fully charged[I assume it's what it becomes])
D-Special:Unite-Bomb(slows down fighters, chargeable, makes blast radium and slow time longer)
Final Smash: "Wonderful 100, diplomacy has failed. Team, engage Unlimited Form!"
Causes to all Unite-Morphs based moves have 2x their original size; Wonder-Jump has a hitbox and is larger; Damages causes no flinching to Wonder-Red

Green/Wonder-Green
Yellow/Wonder-Yellow
White/Wonder-White
Black/Wonder-Black Screw this, Prince Vorkken is the only Alt Costume you will ever need
1.5 is to big anyway it would have to much range and to much power to be fair in smash, I thing the unite morphs have more potential as a Final Smash like Kirby's mega sword FS

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
I can see him being in the game clearly as a playable character. however, it all depends sakurai interest to begin with and second comes the fans. I can also see why to add wonderfull 101 character to increase the sales of that game for the future like fire emblem. Honestly, if smash bros didn't exist and u ask me about fire emblem I wouldn't know anything about it.

D

Deleted member

1.5 is to big anyway it would have to much range and to much power to be fair in smash, I thing the unite morphs have more potential as a Final Smash like Kirby's mega sword FS
Comparing with his size, he's like Olimar's size

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
I would imagine Red would play like a glass cannon, he can give major hits but the draw back is that he cant take hits. His size would be pretty small being in the range or T.Link, Ness, the villager, etc.

IronFish

Smash Ace
I would imagine Red would play like a glass cannon, he can give major hits but the draw back is that he cant take hits. His size would be pretty small being in the range or T.Link, Ness, the villager, etc.
That sounds like Meta Knight but worse. Remember you did play as Red A LOT in W101 with out unite morphs, I could see them doing something like Mega Lucario and making you able to do a Unite Hand, but not for regular attacks.

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
That sounds like Meta Knight but worse. Remember you did play as Red A LOT in W101 with out unite morphs, I could see them doing something like Mega Lucario and making you able to do a Unite Hand, but not for regular attacks.
I wasn't really mentioning unite morphs, just Red's gameplay style in general ^^;

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, considering that every single attack in the game knocked him and the wonderful 100s, like, a lot

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero

And my Moveset for him
Specials:

Green/Wonder-Green
Yellow/Wonder-Yellow
White/Wonder-White
Adding your moveset and you to the OP.

Last edited:
Top Bottom