• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VOTE: most hated and/or overused catch-phrase/word from the Brawl speculation

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
"Sakurai said there would be no clones"

This one is used all the time and a whole lot of Smashboards users seem to think it's true, yet, nobody ever seems to bother bringing up an actual source with this golden bit of info. And I thought this place was all about information for wild claims, just look at all the constant leak topics!

According to some people, the "he said there would be no clones" fad actually started from a debunked rumor, so I'm surprised most people around here still think it's true... I think most people are just ignorant about the truth and are just really desperate to see no clones in Brawl.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
My latest loathing is all the talk of Leon Kennedy in Brawl. Citing IMDB is useless. I need temporary mod powers to close those topics, because they just bother the crap out of me.

Mr. M

Smash Journeyman
Pensacola, FL Wargh! King Dedede, how dare you be
"Geno"

Popular, sure. Getting annoying to see in almost all prophet messages: VERY.

Another to go along with him is "Celic". First, it's Cecil, and second, just because Geno is owned by Square, doesn't mean that Squeenix needs to have a spot for every FF character they ever made.

That's all I got that basically nobody has gone over. Oh, and don't flame me over the Geno remark. Sure, I want him in, I'm just tired of the "prophets" to all include him in their list. Seems he is manditory now and days. :laugh:

Kunato

Smash Apprentice
Over 9000!-jokes including Fox
Captain Falcon in SSE trailer
Up until now...
Ness (de)confirmed!
Sakurai has said there will be no clones.
____'s going to be high-tier!

That sums it up...wait, there's...no, that's it.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
"____ is definitely going to be in Brawl"... this is the most annoying to me, especially when it's Ridley and Geno.

"Up until now" - never seen anything as horrid going on on these boards than with that certain little statement.

"OVER 9000!!!1!" - Overused, that's all I say, although I love the variations and some people know when to use it, that makes it at least a bit funnier again.

"Ness is deconfirmed" - I just hate it. I know the Ness supporters are as annoying, but I think he still has a chance since absolutely NOTHING has been "deconfirmed" yet. Nothing speaks against his inclusion. The words "up until now" don't have to have anything to say, y'know, although I'm not sure if we will see him again. But what if?

What if he returns? People jump to conclusions way too fast, and then act as if it were the ONLY conclusion.

"Brawl is going to suck without decent advanced techniques" - First of all, there are going to be new ones to discover, and secondly, no, Brawl won't suck. Period.

"Brawl is for noobs" - This one speaks for itself, the words form a little puddle of stupidity. Besides, we're all some sort of noobs to Brawl, we haven't played it yet, don't forget. And being a noob isn't bad, it's just the negative noobs that push the good ones in a bad light.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Noob = idiot who has no idea what s/he is doing.
Newb/newbie = new at the game.

Noob =/= Newb
Yeah, I also had this division between the two terms, but I was afraid people would start saying: How stupid, they are the same!
Y'know... I also know people who don't use "noob" as a bad term. So I was kinda confused.

FutureBrawlOwner1413

Smash Apprentice
"I say know that Super Smash Bros. Brawl will reale-in the Americas- not next year, not next spring but December the 3rd 2007"-Reggie Files Aime

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
"Deconfirmed"

If they weren't confirmed in the first place, they can't be "deconfirmed", yet people throw it out there all the time.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
It's kind of like the way people who are trying to sound articulate use the word irregardless. That word does not exist. Besides, it's f-ing regardless to begin with. Christ!

Lone Spectator

Smash Apprentice
Zamus. Her name is SAMUS. Zero Suit Samus. Say ZSS or Samus without her Power Suit, but Zamus is just ridiculus.

Just like Celda is annoying too.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Basically anytime people take conclusions way too far (i.e. Red Alloy = C.F, they forget that snake is similar with his nuetral attacks)
when people do impossible "confirms"
in addition anyone who cannot base their argument/discussion with facts (too much opinion seems to cloud them)...yeah that sums it all up. The idea of a noob/newb annoys me, since we all were their at one time

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Here you go:

*Deconfirmed
*[......] won't be in brawl because of [......]
*press 1
*You must recover
*Fandangox
*Over 9000
*[......] would be a clone of [.....]
*Wario is the only character that needs an Alternate costume. (how the got that conclusion? we don't know the entire roster yet!)
*The profhets
*Anyone who close my artistic jokes threads.
*whales

mike_mr25

Smash Cadet
I hate it when people end their post with the word Discuss, I don't know... I just can't stand it

Eszett

Smash Cadet
(i.e. Red Alloy = C.F, they forget that snake is similar with his nuetral attacks)
Not to say that the Red Alloy is based off of Captain Falcon's data, but Snake's smash attacks involve land mines and missiles. Could you possibly argue that the Red Alloy would do these sorts of things for his smash attacks?

The memes are trite and they have been for ages; having them documented on ED only serves to spoil them even further. They don't bother me, yet it'll be once in a blue moon I will ever say one of them.

Illyasvel

Smash Apprentice
-"Cloaked Zelda / Tetra / Midna / Optimus Prime / Potatos should be Zelda's new transformation"

- Ridley / Megaman / Mandarin "FTB"

- Loads of threads and thousands of posts of speculation on 1 word that does not mean absolutely anything but what it's supossed to mean.

And I guess that's it.

Eaode

Smash Champion
But Sakurai Said "You Must Recover", meaning that even though Lucas is Conphirmed 4 Brawl!!!111, Ness still has to recover, so Ness is confirmed for Brawl OVER 9000 TIMES!!!!111!!

Chuck Norris For Brawl, because he alone is special.

Top Bottom