• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VOTE: most hated and/or overused catch-phrase/word from the Brawl speculation

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
-you must recover(pt. 3?)
-Geno(way too many people talk about him, he better get in or over 9000 people will be upset)
-leaked roster (end of story)

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
I would have to say "_____ Confirmed?"
Another one, THIS IS ______ . Fortunately, it was short lived.

finalark

SNORLAX
Any use of the word "Ness" after Lucas was confirmed.
I agree with this guy.

And the Prophets... when ever they come up I feel like I'm in some epic scifi movie and am trying to stop political turmoil...

Wow... I don't even own an Xbox and I think I have played too much Halo...

X-DS

Smash Cadet
"Deserves" or "deserving" or any other variation of the word. These are fictional characters and locations we are talking about. They don't "deserve" anything.

finalark

SNORLAX
"Deserves" or "deserving" or any other variation of the word. These are fictional characters and locations we are talking about. They don't "deserve" anything.
But in some alternate universe they are just a real as you and I...

J/k J/k.

amost

Smash Apprentice
if a smash player is sick or something, should we tell them that they must recover?

Viral

Smash Apprentice
Fail
Win the internets

Even older than over 9000. Which was never even that funny.

Croco

Smash Lord
  • "Over 9000" is annoying.. people just post it for no apparent reason but to stack up their post count.
  • "Deserves" or "deserving" is annoying.
  • "Fail" is annoying even when not directed at myself.
  • Anything regarding Ridley in Brawl due to his overrated popularity.
  • People pointing out Birdo is a male.. (WHO GIVES A ****!! SERIOUSLY.. WHY CORRECT PEOPLE??! IT DOES NOTHING.. NOTHING!!! lol)

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
  • "Over 9000" is annoying.. people just post it for no apparent reason but to stack up their post count.
  • "Deserves" or "deserving" is annoying.
  • "Fail" is annoying even when not directed at myself.
  • Anything regarding Ridley in Brawl due to his overrated popularity.
  • People pointing out Birdo is female.. (WHO GIVES A ****!! SERIOUSLY.. WHY CORRECT PEOPLE??! IT DOES NOTHING.. NOTHING!!! lol)
You mean male. ~_^

Sorry, I saw the opportunity and ran with it. =p I hope you can at least appreciate that.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Blooper for Brawl.

Ashley for Brawl.

Mog for Brawl.

Kamek for Brawl.

CAP'N CRUNCH for Brawl, yes you heard me right.

Over 9000.

YOU MUST RECOVER!!!1

NB4FSMASH

Giga Boozer - Too Cute! (O_O)

LOLZ U PHAIL

Ness can return/variation.

Anyone want me to continue? Not sure I can. :chuckle:

ValiantVernon

Smash Journeyman
Blooper for Brawl.

Ashley for Brawl.

Mog for Brawl.

Kamek for Brawl.

CAP'N CRUNCH for Brawl, yes you heard me right.

Over 9000.

YOU MUST RECOVER!!!1

NB4FSMASH

Giga Boozer - Too Cute! (O_O)

LOLZ U PHAIL

Ness can return/variation.

Anyone want me to continue? Not sure I can. :chuckle:
wtf CAP'N CRUNCH u are my hero for even hearing that :chuckle::laugh:

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Any argument that is used against a character after it as already been debunked (i.e. "no moveset" after a full moveset has been posted)

Another thing that kind-of annoys me is when the pokemon meta-game is used to disprove Lucario.(i.e "Mewtwo is top-tier in competitive battles, he will be in Brawl first") If Sakurai was paying attention to the meta-game of another franchise when deciding characters, then explain to me how Pichu got into melee.

TaurToph

Smash Journeyman
"I foresaw... CAPTAIN FALCON THIS NIGHT!!"

@Guy /\
Dude, Mewtwo isn't top tier, he's Uber Tier - a tier that's banned from standart competitive play.

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
I have two.

Deconfirm. Not even a word, and it's impossible to deconfirm something. Deconfirming would be an update that notes that Mario is no longer in the game, and because he would have already been confirmed, the update would be negating that, deconfirming him. People use deconfirm when people turn up as AT's. "Samurai Goroh was deconfirmed!" No he wasn't. He was never confirmed in the first place.

My second word is confirmed. People use all sorts of **** to 'confirm' characters. People used Pit's cutscene to 'confirm' Paletuna as playable. Loads of people are using Onett to 'confirm' Ness. And the list goes on. The fact of the matter is that nobody can confirm anything unless it first comes from Sakurai's mouth. No character, item, or stage is confirmed through speculation, yet people seem to love thinking that they can use that word because of a theory.

Used in conjunction with "almost 100% confirms this character" is even more annoying.

FireJumpPunch

Smash Apprentice
It bothers me when people start to put words in Sakurai's mouth, or if they go way too far trying to find an underlying meaning behind his words.

An example:

'Sakurai said there would be 3 third party characters max'

And there's the famous 'up until now...' and 'Wario alone...' lines. For some reason some people went really crazy when they read these lines.

SteveTV

Smash Apprentice
Luckily I haven't seen it in a while, but after the E for all expo my head nearly exploded every time I saw anything to do with wavedashing

Which meant my head nearly exploded about 400 times per page. Quite possibly the most ridiculous thing I've witnessed. Don't get me wrong, I love doing it in melee, but the way everyone reacted was insane.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
Anything involving unwarranted usage of absolutes like "Do", "Does" "Don't", "Will", "Won't", "Never", "Should", "Can't" etc. Use arguments first, people.

(On a side note, the poor spelling and writing in general is truly starting to grate me. ESPECIALLY when it's in gorram thread headers.)

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
"Zamus is replacing Shiek"

lol... just lol.

"Up Until now" I admit I got angry a lot with that one so I'm a culprit too, but people look too far into these things. I guess Sakurai asked for it though XD

"Captain Falcon tomorrow" Why is everyone so certain he would be revealed? After 2 or 3 weeks after King Dedede I was pretty sure we wouldn't get another character until the next special 3rd party announcement (there's only 1 free Newcomer slot left on the character page anyway.)

"Cloud for Brawl" I just don't get it, that's like asking for Master Chief for Brawl so you can see Master Chief VS Samus.

"ZOMG Special Old Release Date/XMAS/New Year's/7th January update!"

Sakurai's updates are completely random, yet people still asserted their beliefs in special updates. Today's update was cool, but it was in no way special.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
OVER 9000! - SHUT THE HELL UP, NOTHING YOUR TALKING ABOUT IS OVER 9000

*facepalm* - I do not need a verbal commentary of your palm hitting your head. Next time just let me hit you. With a hammer.

Top Bottom