• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vote For Your Online Tournament Representative!

Who do you want in charge of determing sticky threads?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
So, the easiest solution to cleaning this room up (aside from doing nothing), is consistently stickying tournaments each week so they stay near the top of the page.

So, these are the people that volunteered to do this. Vote for the one you think will be able to send me a PM once a week (day to be determined, probably Monday), telling me which stickys to take up and down. This person will also be the moderator of a stickied general discussion thread in this room for people to request stickies/determining who gets stickies and when.

Fatmanonice, Dabuz, probrawler, and glyph, feel free to post and make your case for yourselves. I can (if I find time) c/p whatever it is you type into this post. The poll will close 1 week from today (10/29), so next Monday.

Dabuz said:
well, the reason i think i should be the one doing this is ive been here doing online tournaments and lurking enough to know the hosters, how they are at running the tournaments, i know all the basics and can tell when it is one that wil and won't happen, i am responsible, some proof is a stage counterpick thread for olimar i update every 2 days that has been for about a month and a good, smart decision maker, and since i don't actually run the tournaments or am friendly with specific hosters i won't be biased
ProBrawler said:
I'll make this brief. I'm an experienced tourney director and participant in online tournies. Have I competed in and hosted the most tournies on SWF? No. But I do feel I am well rounded in both. I'm strict to the extent of not being afraid to deny someone a spot, yet lenient enough to be reasonable with requests. In terms of Brawl in general, I have an enormous amount of experience and would consider myself skilled. I understand the various factors online play, specifically, better than almost anyone. I'm an active member on the boards, even more so now that my college applications are getting done. During those I sorta went through a lull period around here. Lastly, I'm a rather organized and competent person. That's all. =D

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
**** this is a hard choice. Its between two people, you know who you are. Don't hate me for who I pick.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
There may be other oppurtunites to help out later, so if you aren't picked no worries more chances will likely present themselves.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
well, the reason i think i should be the one doing this is ive been here doing online tournaments and lurking enough to know the hosters, how they are at running the tournaments, i know all the basics and can tell when it is one that wil and won't happen, i am responsible, some proof is a stage counterpick thread for olimar i update every 2 days that has been for about a month and a good, smart decision maker, and since i don't actually run the tournaments or am friendly with specific hosters i won't be biased

and who doesn't want a person who types with green text?

ProBrawler

Smash Lord
Westchester, NY ; Cornell University in the school
I'll make this brief. I'm an experienced tourney director and participant in online tournies. Have I competed in and hosted the most tournies on SWF? No. But I do feel I am well rounded in both. I'm strict to the extent of not being afraid to deny someone a spot, yet lenient enough to be reasonable with requests. In terms of Brawl in general, I have an enormous amount of experience and would consider myself skilled. I understand the various factors online play, specifically, better than almost anyone. I'm an active member on the boards, even more so now that my college applications are getting done. During those I sorta went through a lull period around here. Lastly, I'm a rather organized and competent person. That's all. =D

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
two things alpha: 1: week is spelt wrong near the beggining of second paragraph

2: and you copied what i said and not what he said when you put up his qoute

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Is there an application process because I wouldn't mind being one of the choices. I've been on this site on an almost daily basis since May 2007, run three very successful 64 man online tournaments (soon to be four), and have been a participant of ten tournaments since August 2008. I'm also very familar with the top players and directors on this board and stay in contact with them often.

cba

Smash Master
i cant believe FMOI is not winning this, he is clearly the best choice. (no offense)

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I know the vast majority of the tournament directors, and am known by them. I've practically LIVED in this forum since I found it.

I know FMOI and Probrawler are good choices, I've already stated that. I do, however, feel that I already have experience with working with several directors, and would be able to perform this job exceptionally well.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I refreshed the page and Oba...Glyph got another vote. Too good. ^___^.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
One thing though, I really don't see how this prevents people from not showing up, that was one of our main complaints in glyphs message.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It's a problem with offline tournaments too so it's not like it's something that can be magically fixed. Regardless, having certain tournaments floated will help them fill up faster and hopefully provide excess people like Electric Schuffle did to help with this.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Ah man, if FMOI was going to be in the poll when I was voting, I would have voted for him....

.... oh well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom