• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vote for brawl to be a throwback event for mlg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Player-1

Smash Legend
http://forums.majorleaguegaming.com/topic/207452-throwback-events/

Go there and vote go brawl. Note that it is NOT an official poll, but it shows mlg that we still care and want brawl to be back. Were currently in 2nd place behind GoW by only about 25 votes. The poll has over a thousand votes so mlg will probably at least look at this poll. You can vote for more than one option so if you want melee vote for other, but go ahead and vote for brawl too. Melee most likely will never be back and we want to support the smash community as a whole whether you like brawl or not you still should want to support your community.

Renth

Smash Hero
Not interested, i'd rather smash not exist at all if people only know it through that game.

WEZL

Smash Cadet
Not interested, i'd rather smash not exist at all if people only know it through that game.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Not interested, i'd rather exist not smash at all if people only know it through that game.

AfroQT

Smash Master
If i was a melee player i'd be pretty salty my game was dead.

Luckily i'm a brawl player and my game is alive, thriving, and while it is not on the MLG Circuit, has many wondrous national tournaments that i can attend, and fresh new eager players consistently joining tournaments, ah the wonders of a new competitive game.

I can only sympathize with melee players, it must suck to almost never see new players, not to mention rarely attend tournaments (because they hardly exist). Oh well i guess, nothing lasts forever though i'm sure brawl will last a very long time.

Renth

Smash Hero
I'd still rather smash no exist is it was only through that game, I don't play melee anymore either for that matter. As hard as it is to admit I was playing brawl today, I got bored within the first five matches. Enjoy your boring *** game and your new faces to be bored with.

AfroQT

Smash Master
I'd still rather smash no exist is it was only through that game, I don't play melee anymore either for that matter. As hard as it is to admit I was playing brawl today, I got bored within the first five matches. Enjoy your boring *** game and your new faces to be bored with.
I will enjoy my not dead game thank you.

big up

AfroQT

Smash Master
>implying not dead

Weak argument, Afro. Troll better. I know you can.
Lmao thats the best part, i'm NOT trolling lol. I don't care if melee players get mad, i don't care if melee players don't care. At the end of the day, i like playing brawl regardless of the people who hate on it, and best of all it's not a dead game.

-Afro, THE GOLDEN GOD

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
I see.

But how is a game "dead" if people play it?

in reality, no game is actually dead if someone at least plays it.

Like..Ms pacman. Old *** game but People still play and enjoy it. There is still an underground community for it too. Would you call that game "dead" too?

Purple

Hi guys!
No game is dead, just on life-support.

And melee isn't even on life-support.

Ironic how I posted a thread on east coast throwdown having smash (brawl) and everyone ignored it.

Pi

Smash Hero
lol@brawl's only saving grace being that it's 'not dead'

hurr durr i judge a games merit by how popular/thriving it is hurr durr

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
*views Atlantic South 1st page*
*views Atlantic South Tournaments 1st page*
*sees more Melee prefixes than Brawl prefixes*

I've kinda been keeping an eye on this. Usually there are slightly more brawl prefixes in the Atlantic South areas.

But Melee aint dead.

EDIT: Ninja'd with extra salt by 3Jason lol

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
SILENCE PEASANTS!

Let the great god almighty Afro grace us with his unlimited knowledge on how competitive communities work so I can lose....myself in his absolute word!

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero

well new people who look for a competitive scene normally do judge a games merit by how popular and thriving it is.... so i'm confused as to what u are trying to say.

and melee is dead to the rest of the world.

but is on life support (or whatever yall called it) to the smash players.

Purple

Hi guys!

I dunno, the game's fun, just really broken lol.

I've never seen Mike's full picture for that sig.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Lol and the melee crowd comes in roaring its ugly head in anger, rofl.

Like i said, i could give 10 ****s if you guys like/love/hate/REALLYHATE brawl.
My game has tournaments (often) with numbers.
Your game doesn't.

Smileyface
And come on now, lets be real Mike G, you know what i mean when i say dead, but if you want me to be literal about it i'll say "Has very few tournaments with very small people who enter (aside from the 1 or 2 nationals melee has a year) and almost no newcomers to the scene at all"

Purple

Hi guys!
Tournaments that have nationals aren't dead Afro lol.

I think you're trying to hard to beat melee down; Melee doesn't have a thriving community anymore, this I can agree with, but it's not dead. It might be 'dying' due to lack of interest from pros, but it'll be a while before it actually is dead.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Tournaments that have nationals aren't dead Afro lol.

I think you're trying to hard to beat melee down; Melee doesn't have a thriving community anymore, this I can agree with, but it's not dead. It might be 'dying' due to lack of interest from pros, but it'll be a while before it actually is dead.
And come on now, lets be real Mike G, you know what i mean when i say dead, but if you want me to be literal about it i'll say "Has very few tournaments with very small people who enter (aside from the 1 or 2 nationals melee has a year) and almost no newcomers to the scene at all"
Big ups np np
Believe me man, i don't try to beat down melee at all. If you want to look at people that try to beat down a game, just look at the melee community and how they view brawl. They post their opinion so i post mine, everyones happy!

-Afro, GOLDEN GOD

Purple

Hi guys!
We're saying two different things.

I'm saying there's a large group, it's just the group isn't getting any larger.

You're saying the group is small as it is, and it's getting smaller.

You're also saying 1 to 2 nationals is a small amount, which i don't particularly agree with either.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
So if melee was "alive" in your eyes, would you play it competitively?

I ask now because you make it clear that you probably wouldn't play a game competitively because it's "dead"

Thomas: flat booty? then yes, I can agree with that. :(

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
I don't have sauce on the pic though.

I can try 4chan but meh. Besides she's a white chick. Most likely to have a flat booty unless she's from the south. lol

edit: good point

AfroQT

Smash Master
We're saying two different things.

I'm saying there's a large group, it's just the group isn't getting any larger.

You're saying the group is small as it is, and it's getting smaller.

You're also saying 1 to 2 nationals is a small amount, which i don't particularly agree with either.
The group, regardless of the size, is getting smaller. Whether you think it's big or small is irrelevant but we both know that the scene is far from "huge".

So if melee was "alive" in your eyes, would you play it competitively?

I ask now because you make it clear that you probably wouldn't play a game competitively because it's "dead"
I do play melee competitively, i started playing after brawl, and i've gotten pretty good i'd say. I'd enter melee tournaments if we held them more often (or i wasn't so focused on brawl atm).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom