• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vman's Yoshi *New Videos*

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Well allritey it's been about 2 months since I've been playing the dino, and man, it's been the best two months of training I've ever had with any character I've been learning.. It's a blast.. ^^ well anyway, here are some matches and I MIGHT upload some vs other chars, such as Peach, sheik, but the matches are long so i'm not sure if anyone wanted to see how I played the MU, etc.. anyway I hope you all like,

Comment, critique, rate, you know the drill! <3

V3ctorMan (Yoshi) vs Rubyiris (Falco) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QntkvbY2qpg
V3ctorMan (Yoshi) vs Rubyiris (Falco) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-2HVPC60-o

V3ctorMan (Yoshi) vs YEAH! (G&W) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2eibSPBWAo
V3ctorMan (Yoshi) vs YEAH! (G&W) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X84XVTc4TD0

Enjoy everybody! YOSHI! <33

Mind Trick

Smash Ace
good stuff in here, I'm stealing that nair edgecancel thingy on dl64 from you :D
watch out with rolling after every laser on your shield, sometimes djing through it or just releasing is better if they catch on. also dont help falco recover with your eggs :p

I liked that fair - djc nair - grab, looks pretty slick, although I think I'm still gonna do an uptilt instead of the nair ^^

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Grab is definitely the way to go after a nair. Fumi inspired me to do that with his vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFDIKsyXMgw

Good videos! I gave a more detailed response in your other thread in the video section. Well I'll just quote it in here so everyone can see it:

I liked the fair - jab reset - uair - uair - nair vs falco. I'll definitely steal that.

Still needs more parries though! Especially against Falco. You can really shut down his typical aerial approach game with parries and force him to think about approaching differently.

Need more vids vs people like AXE, Taj, and Forward too. My Yoshi is competitive vs the normal tourney go'er in Florida but I start getting ***** hard vs TOP players like Colbol (he's in my crew). If you can stay competitive vs an AXE Falco that'll give all of us Yoshi's some inspiration.

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
Nice tech skill. You're movin' pretty **** fast for a yoshi, and it helps those matchups a little (I hate both of them, but especially G&W). Nice combos all around, too.

Dunno if I'd run that much aggression normally, but it worked out for you so maybe its the way to go. =P

Animal

Smash Lord
amazing dont stop, yoshis potential has yet to be tapped yet

darkgirku

Smash Journeyman
I still think double jump cancel counter > parrying... Or at least just as good. Lol *works on vids*

But good stuff vectorman. Digging the yoshi; Nice progress =D

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I still think double jump cancel counter > parrying... Or at least just as good. Lol *works on vids*
They're completely opposite man. You can only parry on the ground. And you can only double jump cancel counter in the air. Therefore you can't compare them. =]

I think by parrying everything he just meant doing it consistently in matches. I can do it consistently in matches. My Yoshi still isn't good yet though lol. It'll mean more when my Yoshi is good.

darkgirku

Smash Journeyman
I didnt really compare them. I said ones more useful... maybe :p
I dunno, me n my bros are working on making DJC countering not as risky as everyone thinks it is, and very much so intentional =D

SDC

Smash Lord
Lol, poor Rubyiris.

"Guys I practice all the time and I try really hard but I'm still not getting any better and now I'm losing to yoshis......"

jk I'd probably lose to this yoshi, too, that's a beast yoshi Vman. :)

The Star King

Smash Hero
That's not very realistic though :p (although if you can, insta top tier xD)
Why not? SheerMadness can parry very consistently in Smash64, and from what he says, in Melee too. And it's not insta top tier because it can played around, by delaying attacks, using multi-hit moves, jumping again after a short hop and hitting Yoshi out of his jump (with chars with low midair jumps), etc.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: You might be able to supershield consistently in a non-tournament Melee setting.

Tournaments have too many Foxes and Falcos to count supershielding as a "consistent" technique while still having it be effective to use.

It's best used against Sheik, Marth, and Peach in tournaments. Fox and Falco don't even have to work around it, really; they have too many ways to just plow right through the technique without really trying to do anything special.

The Star King

Smash Hero
:yoshi: You might be able to supershield consistently in a non-tournament Melee setting.

Tournaments have too many Foxes and Falcos to count supershielding as a "consistent" technique while still having it be effective to use.

It's best used against Sheik, Marth, and Peach in tournaments. Fox and Falco don't even have to work around it, really; they have too many ways to just plow right through the technique without really trying to do anything special.
?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVLRJ4jCBeI

Mind Trick

Smash Ace
I still think that's a bad example, since the intentions of fox are very clear. I don't think it's worth the risk to use it in matches.

The Star King

Smash Hero
It's called reading the opponent, all reading requires some risk. And the risk isn't very large at all.

Likely the reason I'm so supportive of parrying is I've seen it in action on Smash64, where unlike Melee people actually use it, and I know that it's a different game, but I've seen how effective it can be. And the risk in 64 is probably even greater, seeing as to how high the punishment in that game is, unless you're fighting Samus or something.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Maybe your version of risk and our versions of risk are two entirely different things.

Supershielding is good.

And yes, people in Melee do use it.

A space animal-drenched meta makes it no less good, but much less of a go-to option. The in-match effectiveness of the technique begins to wane and the high mental maintenance of calculating counters or escapes using the technique has a detrimental effect on the player.

I don't agree with Mind Trick where he says it's not worth the risk if he means in a general sense. I agree if he's specifically talking about using it against specific characters, wherein the statement takes on a completely new tone of truth.

If you'd like, I can completely dissect that video Sheer put up and show you why the technique isn't what it's being advertised as by some people. The process would be lengthy, would probably involve some strong language by me, may end up in some kids getting their feelings hurt, but the point would come across very clearly that supershielding is great, but has very real limits against some characters that don't have to do anything out of the ordinary to beat it.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Fox and Falco are WAYYY easier to parry against than Marth/Peach/Sheik IMO.

Fox and Falco are probably the 2 easiest chars to parry against in the game. Hell against a campy Falco I just sit there power parrying his lasers (like powershielding so the lasers reflect). No I can't parry every single laser in a match, but I can get a good percentage if I'm on my game.

ShootingStar, melee players won't believe it can be consistently effective in matches until they see it. I don't blame them as it's probably very hard to visualize unless you've seen it used. Obviously online ssb64 players have seen it used extremely effectively before so it's easier for us to see how useful it is/can be.

At the risk of getting flamed because it's a ssb64 match here's a vid demonstrating how useful it is in matches:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IE7rJNuSTA

I should have died like 4 times in that video. But I parried/block countered 3 of his jabs and then double jump cancel countered his drill. Yah I know it's ssb64 but its a good illustration of it at actual gameplay speed.

In melee I do it vs Colbol in matches all the time. Colbol being a top 5 fox main and 1 of the top players in the country. Private message him and ask if you don't believe me. He still destroys me though because my Yoshi is god awful and he's really ****ing good, not because parrying is useless.

Top Bottom