• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VisT's Vid / Q&A thread - Now w/ matches and massive crawldashing

GimmieCookie

Smash Cadet
Well, I didn't include Jabs 2/3 since you need to do Jab 1. But if we do decide to encompass them, then yes, Jab 3 does have the longest range.

As far as Ftilt is concerned, I forgot to test out the Upward/Downward directions. I'll get on it.

Icyo

Smash Ace
Is it possible for another character to do an aerial while in the tornado? Or even do anything? Could've sworn that a Kirby I was playing stood still for a few frames.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
*Now knows why hippie should agree with Elh's correct terminology -_-*

Now are you talking about MK tornado or luigi's tornado? I'm assuming Luigi's tornado, so yes a character can do a aerial while being stucked in luigi's cyclone just by DI-ing out (few chars can DI out of the cyclone with ease like ZSS) they just DI out and do a aerial like MArths fair.

B!squick

Smash Master
I started playing Luigi alot more recently and I must say I enjoy playing as him immensely, dispite my fail at recovering (I go more down than up with cyclone, I swear Boss isn't human). Beat my friend's Falco quite deftly. It was almost poetic the way Weegee can just float in behind his DownB and smack him around. I even killed myself while trying to go under Final D. randomly and still won, lol. He came back with Fox and beat me which was kinda surprising. How well does Luigi do in those match ups?

Famous

Smash Champion
Mario/Luigi>Space animals

Luigi can severely mess up spacies recovery by simply jabbing them near a ledge...They will fall and then you'll ledge guard forcing them to use UpB...

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I have a question, who/what recoveries, can you hit with a dtilted fsmash when your standing on the ledge, most peoples seem to get into the sweetspot range before I can hit them, is it character dependant or is there a trick to it?

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
I have a question, who/what recoveries, can you hit with a dtilted fsmash when your standing on the ledge, most peoples seem to get into the sweetspot range before I can hit them, is it character dependant or is there a trick to it?
Wow, nice question, hadn't given it much thought. Anyways, it looks like you have to hit them before they get into the sweetspot range; I've been able to do it a couple of times, but I prefer edge hogging/other options.

By memory though I've been able to do it against Snake more often than others.

Still hopefully someone can give you more insight.

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
DI really only requires the analog stick. If you're asking what aerial to use when you're being launched toward a blast zone, then the answer is fAir. Using fAir will shorten your time of non-control when you're getting launched, and will allow you to jump or fastfall sooner.

Fastfalling only requires smashing down on the analog when you don't have upward momentum. You can also fastfall with c-stick down.

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
Yar, the videos he put up already shows he knows how to DI well, so now I'm not sure what he was asking about. What do you mean, exactly, YoshiQ?

yoshq

Smash Master
Yar, the videos he put up already shows he knows how to DI well, so now I'm not sure what he was asking about. What do you mean, exactly, YoshiQ?
atm I basically always instinctively do a uair and kinda the right way... I was just looking for exactly what to do. hippie answered my question.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
How does luigi work with camping.
I hardly ever approach and try to camp as much as possible. Spaming fire balls works for some of the cast, but I want to know how does Luigi's nair help with camping. I know it can go through Din Fire, Pits arrows and I think even Lucario aura ball.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Hippie, you don't know Kirbywizard very well.

He can camp.

Icyo

Smash Ace
I camp at Distant Planet to stall the match and just enjoy the music and the fun stage.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
For some reason that map sucks. I have unintentionally been killed by the water and the ladybug whatever a few times, it's sucks.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Hippie, you don't know Kirbywizard very well.

He can camp.
Not saying he can't camp, I'm just saying in general Luigi is alot harder to camp because he's made to be a more offensive character than defensive character (yeah I know like Ganon but still lol.). It's just more challenging to be campish and defensive and just easily going offensive like your some Ka-master melee freak <3 :laugh:

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
I don't see the point of trying to camp with luigi, when surprisingly it's more beneficial with him to fight.
WELL CUZ PAPA BIG LOU? YOU HEARD THE GAME BRAWL AMRITe? WELL I HEARD THE GAME WAS PURTY DEFENSIVE AND THAT CAMPING WORKS OUT BETTER TO WIN THAN PLAYING AGGRESSIVE LIKE MELEE? U KNOW WHAT I MEANZZ PAPA BIGLOU?

No well not completely I really don't see the point in camping either, it's no fun at all. But when it's people who just plain flat out suck who can't get past luigi's fireball, you can sit back and spam and lol at the same time too. :laugh:

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
I won a tourney set against a mk main by spamming fireballs. true story, first time using luigi too.

Backpaw

Smash Rookie
i hate that so much XD sometimes it hits them sometimes it just get's blown out like a flame in the wind
and the amount of hitstun it causes is ridiculous oh well at least it has a lock hard as heck to pull off but still

Top Bottom