• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Virginia Tech Biweeklies - NEXT: February 1st, 2009 - Melee/Brawl/TvC

Rook

Smash Apprentice
My crew and me might be able to come. We are all 16-17 but our parents are like "you'll get kidnapped" or there will be beer!. gasp.

pwndj00n00b

Smash Journeyman
Is there any way you can do it in a public area? I really want to get out to start playing competitively, but there are alot of issues with my parents and stuff. My crew can probably come this Saturday if its in a public place.

Met

Smash Ace
Hey Rook and Pwndjoonoob Tell your parents to call my cell its 1 540 392 4045 and I can tell them that none of that stuff will be going on Im 19 and both my roomies are 18 o we are close to your age. Also they are welcome to come don and check the place out and I can alk to them in person. We wanna get as many people down here as possble. we will probably do 5 dollar fee for this next tourney but bring more moneys because we can do crew battles if you guys want. Of course we will also do teams.

Clint that was the funniest ****ing thing in the world

pwndj00n00b

Smash Journeyman
Met I really want to come, but in past situations like this, my parents still said no when I said that they could call the hoster and they could come and watch over us, they still said no. I don't know about Rook, but the only way I could go is if I stay with him and my parents don't know about it, or it gets moved into a public area like the reception area of a hotel or a mall/gamestop. I'd love to play all yall though Met

Bobz

Smash Apprentice
public places are expensive, or we would have to have a venue fee, so its just not gonna happen. sucks that you can't make it, we're always looking for new people to play, new styles to learn.

pwndj00n00b

Smash Journeyman
I know public places are expensive. If I could know in enough time in advance I would be happy enough to help pay for the expenses of a public area. Well not right now, because atm I have no job and owe my parent's some money for my class ring, but maybe future events. If you want to contact me to try to set something up feel free to hit me up on aim at KButto424 and we can try to organize something. I would love to get out and play others to play against different styles and to earn some rep for our crew.

Rook

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I cant make it this weekend. Even if I had a ride, my parents just want to scope the place out and we cant do it on Saturday. How often do you guys have these biweeklies?

Bobz

Smash Apprentice
we had 12 people, it was pretty competitive.

teams
1) Abe Lincoln - EastCoastEddie and Justin
2) Team Orange - Shepp and Zack
3) Space Knee - Bobz and Trevor
4) Ownage - Alex and The General
5) Team Swift - Icey and Swift, Ninja - Andrew and The Dark Tim

Singles
1) Shepp
2) EastCoastEddie
3) Bobz
4) Trevor
5) Alex, Icey
7) Justin, Zack
9) Tim, Swift, General, Andrew

Good stuff to Shepp, great matches man. And East Coast Eddie, the DK is too good, no one else pops out the DK for a solid counter pick like that man.

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
With a team name like Abe Lincoln, it's no question why Eddie and Justin won. Beard power, even if both of them are fairly clean shaven (unless that has changed in the past two weeks.)

I wonder if Andrew played Mario in my honor like he said he would... and if that screwed him over. XD

Nava

Smash Journeyman
Fun friendlies today, whoever I played. I didn't get some of your names. This is the asian kid that was playing peach btw.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
im the dude w/ the white hat that played mostly link and a little fox

my bad nate i forgot to call u.

the party was sick.

chillindude829

Smash Master
dammmn justin + eddie good sh*t in teams. nice job to shepp for winning singles, results look pretty much like i expected them to.

bryan came to a fest tonight with azen, chu, and pc chris there... haha justin i bet you're jealous

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
I had a great time, fellas. Awesome Peach dittos w/ Nate and lots of Falcownage by Trevor.

The combos never ended.

And, btw, all of the footage was captured (including finals and Shepp's little mishap at the end. I'll try and put up the finals first.)

Met

Smash Ace
good **** guys the next tourney will be in two weeks from the last one hopefully chillen can come and all of he other people that didn't make it.... by that i mean i ope clint comes . dammit i am druk agian as usually haha eddie is the ****. yo but yeah two weeks from the last one mabye chilln can get tope to come r chu .

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
Justin, your drunken posts are the bestest.

Next weekend sounds ultra spifftor to me, as the weekend after that there is a local gamestop tournament for andrew and I to **** at. Kirby and Bowser style.

and my car should be all fixified toos.

EastCoastEddie

Smash Journeyman
Yeah there are plenty of good people that didn't show =/. Masa and Nate came late and Dgon, Special K, Face, and Ted were MIA also Stu, who came the week before, was good and didn't see him this time around either. I'm sure there are a lot of other players in Blacksburg that I'm forgetting/haven't met yet. It would be sweet to have a tourney where all of you guys show up to.

Good stuff to all that came: Shepp and Zack, and the Roanoke guys. Everyone is getting better so I hope you guys keep coming to these and improving. Good stuff to Trevor, even though you might not have much competition over at UNC you still were better since the last time I played you.

Oh and good **** in teams Justin.
Till next time...

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
Masa, Justin already said in his usual drunken state that it will be next weekend. In other words 6 days from now I guess.

And to those that it may matter, the mooflesmobile has leveled up like three times.

Top Bottom