• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Virginia Tech Biweeklies - NEXT: February 1st, 2009 - Melee/Brawl/TvC

EastCoastEddie

Smash Journeyman
If you plan on coming to one of these try to keep your schedule open on weekends and check the thread often. It's hard to get these going in the fall since we can't really host one the weekend that Tech has a home game. And with that said, it seems unlikely that one of these will not take place until sometime in October(C3 later this month and Super Champ Combo), but stay tuned. I think this tourney went ok, considering there was really no advance warning, (less than a week). These run pretty small and we had 4 setups which means quick tourney and a lot of friendlies are easy to get going. If anyone is thinking about coming down for one of these there will be A LOT of smash to be had so look forward to it.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
good post eddie.

i played ok. i think the magical room got to me.

bobz and special K was close. i ****ed up our chances of winning that.

bobz and eddie - good **** friendlies and all

justin - MAIN FOX. now or make me a pizza. btw call me whenever to play.

kirbstir

Smash Lord
ECK is too good

it was nice seeing bobz and eddie again, hopefully I'll be down some more sometime

Shepp

Smash Apprentice
good post eddie.

i played ok. i think the magical room got to me.

bobz and special K was close. i ****ed up our chances of winning that.

bobz and eddie - good **** friendlies and all

justin - MAIN FOX. now or make me a pizza. btw call me whenever to play.
yea that magical room totally ****ed up my life

Bobz

Smash Apprentice
short notice as ****! but hopefully some people show, its gonna be a fun fest if nothing else...

draft crews! low tier?!?! who cares, the fun!

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
Woo, Andrew and myself should be wiggling on up to this as usual. Sweetness for another hilarious fest.

Low tier crew teams! C'mon, you all know you'll want to... even though we won't have nearly enough people.

Met

Smash Ace
Iwill be there for most of it but i have o go to work at 6 till three in the morning so i will be back and people better play me like andrew nd clint or i will piss in your hair.... and theat would suck becaue you guys have nice golden locks

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
i can be there early! like 9:00 am early.

but theres no stoppin me from goin to the game. @ 12 pm

can i come early?

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
Iwill be there for most of it but i have o go to work at 6 till three in the morning so i will be back and people better play me like andrew nd clint or i will piss in your hair.... and theat would suck becaue you guys have nice golden locks
I best buy me a showercap just to be safe; my golden locks are the only thing that keep me from crying constantly. Well, that and the fact that my Bowser 2-stocked Alexander's Falcon.

TomGoblaski

Smash Cadet
Fellas, is this open invite or is there a list? I am holding a similar tournament at UVA on saturday, but I am interested in seeing other competition. Let me know for the future.

EastCoastEddie

Smash Journeyman
@ TomGoblaski: These are open to anyone. The more the merrier (as the saying goes).

@Shepp: Well it is homecoming weekend here so I'd say the turnout is looking pretty low. Plus it is short notice and all. We'll have to see what Justin and his roommates want to do. It may end up being just a badass fest.

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
So, I take it that traffic is going to be ridiculous on Saturday morning? Supposing I drive down to Blacksburg instead of into Lynchburg, lol.

Met

Smash Ace
comeas early as you wan i mightnot be wake so just call my cell its 540 392 4045 and i will wake up yeh its just a fest and to that guy who asked if it was inie dude no you gotta come down to ournext one is open to anyone theres alot of good players in blacksburg so deffintly come... im sorta drunk right now excuse my spelling or whaterver next biweekly chillen is trying to get ch to come.... yummysee you toorrow gus face and andrew or clint and andrew whatever you guys can stay at myplace tomorrow night later gators

TomGoblaski

Smash Cadet
Whats up Fellas. I was wondering how the tournament went. I won the one here at UVA. I want to come out for the next one you have.

Bobz

Smash Apprentice
it was more of a fest, special k won our small tourney, but it was just a handful of locals and 3 guys from roanoke. next one should be bigger

TomGoblaski

Smash Cadet
Ours was an abomination. 30 ish people showed with the same 8 guys i play with being the only ones with talent. Most of us played like ***** until semis.

I played mario v. jiggs and taunted every time to get rested.

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
I always have the most fun at these when its just a small fest. The craziness then ensues verily. Ness and Samus team is too broken.
Oh Justin, I magically forgot my chair there. You guys can use it and all that, but please don't shinespike it too much mm'kay? That be the better one of the two.

I wish I could go there every day; but my body would turn into moldy jello tissues.

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
Woah, another one already?! The madness!! It will definitely take more discussion and thinking and whatnot to see if I'll make it to this one. T'would be sad to break my Tech tourney attendance record; but I don't know if my car can handle so many long drives.

I definitely WANT to come though, you guys are too spiffy.

EDIT: 69TH POST IN THREAD!! WOO WOO.

Bobz

Smash Apprentice
face! you gotta come...

but we will have one the next week as well, so as long as you make one of them, thats cool.

TomGoblaski

Smash Cadet
I will come to the one next weekend. We have fall break this weekend, news to me, as I got hustled into working all weekend.

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
Andrew and I be coming to this one for the craziness. I want to Mario ditto Ricky yessiree.

We won't be coming to next weeks though; a good friend is coming back from college, and I don't know if my body and the mooflesmobile could take three weeks of smashtasticalness.

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
Wow, great to see you guys are amping up the number of tournys. It seems more like an actual bi-weekly deal now. Unfortunately, I'm going to be quite busy tomorrow, so I won't be able to come up and visit but perhaps next week? I'm not going to lie, I haven't had a chance to practice since last Saturday, so I probably woudln't do much better this time anyway, lol.

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
As some of you may know, I could not make it to the tournament today because shortly after leaving Andrew’s house, I hit a deer. For the benefit of anyone whose brain is in too much of a “smash” mode I shall explain the occurrence twice; once as it happened, and then a version using smash terminology.

I had just gotten onto the right lane of the highway and had started building up to the speed limit when I made the comment to Andrew;
“This is the worst weather we’ve had when driving to a tournament.”
To which he responded;
“It’s okay, I trust your driving.”
30 seconds or so later an obviously spooked large buck with sizable antlers dashed full-speed out of the brush; fear in its eyes and muscles working frantically.
I slammed on the brakes as soon as it came into sight, expletives were said, and the Neon tripped the buck on the right side of the car. This caused the animal to fall onto the hood and slide across it diagonally with great velocity; launching the deer at least 15 feet into the air, over the left lane, over the 35 or so foot median and finally landed on the left lane of the road on the other side. After a short stop, the buck scrambled onto its feet with some difficulty and ran off.
More expletives were said.
We stopped at a post office to check the car, and my hood had basically been pushed into a slight contour of some parts of the engine, but that is all the damage that we currently know of.

And now the smash version.

I had just gotten onto the stage, and was wavedashing towards the right (my car has low traction); when I made the comment to Andrew;
“This level is awkward, I always suck here.”
To which he responded;
“It’s okay, you’ve improved recently.”
About 1,800 frames later a large buck appeared out of the foreground, which was almost not noticed since he did not have a tag above him. I stopped wavedashing and started to charge up an F-smash which the deer countered with a dash attack.
Both attacks landed.
Since I was at low damage the dash attack barely made the car budge; but the deer, which seemed to be at around 50%, performed some crazy version of Smash DI; causing the F-smash’s knockback to send him up, behind me, and into the background. After flying enough distance to send him off the screen at Yoshi’s Story but not into the blastline, the buck landed on a platform but did not tech. Instead it opted to slowly get up with invincibility frames and run further into the background until he sparkled away as a shooting star KO would.
The car had received a decent amount of damage, but not nearly enough to put it near killing percentages.

Bobz

Smash Apprentice
thats amazing face, good stuff.

er, not that you hit a deer, but that you wrote it in smash terminology.

we missed you guys today... good luck with the car, insurance should cover it all.

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
Yeah, we were pretty psyched up to get to hang out with you guys two weeks in a row. How did Ricky fare against Chillin?

Actually, insurance will probably total it; so don't be too surprised if the mooflesmobile has a random-colored dumpster hood next time you see it.

This makes it suck extra that I won't be coming next weekend, but Andrew was saying he may still go with someone else. I dunno.

Top Bottom