• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Violence is on sale today - Anna for DLC! * Waiting for new stock! Bear with us here! *

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

'Seems I finally found you, you cheating little *****! YOU AIN'T HEARD EVERYTHING OF ME YET! I'LL SHOOT DOWN THAT NEW GUY YOU ARE 'MARRIED' TO YOU DIRTY GOLDDIGGING PIECE OF TRASH!!! I'LL MAKE SURE I'LL EMPTY MY WHOLE BALLISTA ON HIS DEAD CARCASS!'

*Ballista intensifies*

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Jake does not forgive and forget. God does that. And Jake is willing to take you to him.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I ironically feel more confident for Anna now, since apparently Sakurai likes the fact that the roster has more female characters now.
I hope Sakurai chose the FE redhead for the newcomer.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I ironically feel more confident for Anna now, since apparently Sakurai likes the fact that the roster has more female characters now.
I hope Sakurai chose the FE redhead for the newcomer.
Who else has red hair? I suspect that Sakurai used TP Zelda because otherwise there would be an inordinate amount of blondes!
Can I suspect the same with another female character? Sakurai obviously bases his decisions around hair color equality, so Anna is as good as confirmed!

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Who else has red hair? I suspect that Sakurai used TP Zelda because otherwise there would be an inordinate amount of blondes!
Can I suspect the same with another female character? Sakurai obviously bases his decisions around hair color equality, so Anna is as good as confirmed!
So I suppose that means Shulk and Isaac are out then? That would be far too many blondes... Although good news for Robin, since we're low on white-haired characters. And hey, Roy's probably coming back to help rep redheads.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Guize I don't think anna will make it, It costs 10000000000000000000G for one minute in smash bros, imagine the actual playable character price. :troll:

No but seriously hai there you guys, i'll be watching this thread just like the chrom one to see if you guys can convince me into supporting.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
So I suppose that means Shulk and Isaac are out then? That would be far too many blondes... Although good news for Robin, since we're low on white-haired characters. And hey, Roy's probably coming back to help rep redheads.
Not enough obvious hyperbole and overuse of flavorful accentuation for my taste.
That being said, we ARE lacking in further hair color diversity. Certainly the illustrious Walhart with his magnificent flowing white locks is inbound along with Robin. We cannot easily forget Tiki and her green hair either!
Sakurai's quota of dragon-women is in dire straits!

GuyWithTheFace

NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Maybe Cranky Kong can be given the white haired treatment don't ya think rather than Robin. :troll:
Well one white-haired character isn't enough, considering that a lot of people have white hair. I imagine we'll get Cranky, Robin, and E. Gadd for our white hair reps.

Guize I don't think anna will make it, It costs 10000000000000000000G for one minute in smash bros, imagine the actual playable character price. :troll:

No but seriously hai there you guys, i'll be watching this thread just like the chrom one to see if you guys can convince me into supporting.
Well, there are quite a few arguments in the main post as to why she should get in, but the gist of it is that she reps all of Fire Emblem, rather than a single game, and her move set could be incredibly unique, given the fact that Anna has used spears, swords and tomes, and that's not even counting her possible second seal transformations. I really do believe it's between her and Robin for a new FE rep, though I'll admit I'm biased towards those two.

GuyWithTheFace

NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Maybe Intelligent Systems wants to push Anna as the mascot of FE by making her a character.
I could see that happening instead of Chrom.
She IS the mascot of Fire Emblem though! At least as much as Marth is.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

GuyWithTheFace

NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146

Hong

The Strongest
Below is the Anna moveset I posted way back when (so if you have seen it before, nothing has really changed). If you could, I would appreciate it if it were added to the OP.
My Anna represents Fire Emblem in its entirety. She comes in her classic attire, in full HD and well detailed. Being around for just about everything, she uses everything from any Fire Emblem ever, to reflect on her several-millenia-long family business that spans the entirety of the seven realms and beyond. Anna is light, so while she has above average movement speed and jump ability, she can't take too many hits. She is another keep-away character, but compared to Link or Samus, she focuses more on trickery and doesn't have as many strong attacks.

Anna mugs the enemy upon all melee attacks, with coins flying out of them with strong blows at higher percentages. As Anna makes more and more money, the audible noise of jingling coins can be heard as she moves, with both an audible and visual cue when she is at full capacity. On contact with the blastline, all her coins spill alongside the usual colourful blast. Oh no!

Specials
B: Peshkatz (or simply "Knife")
From the land of Tellius comes this incredible throwing knife. This move has two uses: The first is simply tapping B repeatedly to heckle your enemy with knives. Alternatively B can be held and, with a shake of her wrists, Anna will add two knives to her fold, up to twice for five knives total. While holding B you still have full movement control of the character. Knives thrown while grounded go in a forward fan, while knives thrown in the air go diagonally down.

B Forward: Sonic Sword
Anna, holds the sword low to the ground before slashing upwards and across, sending a windy shock-wave across the stage. This is chargeable (like a smash attack), hits twice close up and the projectile travels both fast and far, but it doesn't have a lot of knock-back and it can only travel where there is ground, dissipating when it reaches the ledge. When used in the air, it exchanges the projectile for forward momentum on release, aiding Anna's recovery.

B Down: Coin Toss
Anna throws her collected coins horizontally at immense speed and high impact. At maximum capacity, Anna has super armour for the throw, and immense KO power near that of the fully charged Wario Waft. This is a great ranged finisher, as well as a potential counterattack.

B Up: Warp
Anna extends a staff and out comes out a player-controlled mote of light that travels about twice the speed of PK Thunder. Upon the release of B, on contact with the surface or when it has travelled its maximum distance, Anna will vanish and reappear in that location. Upon contact with a player, Anna not only moves to that location, but switches places with that character! Keep in mind it counts as a projectile, so it can be dodged.

You can cancel this with R and maintain control of your character, so you can try to fake out the enemy if things look bad.

Final Smash: Body Bag
Anna spreads open a much larger version of her usual bag and swings it. Players caught by the bag opening are trapped and Anna hops inside with them. The screen goes black and several powerful blows can be heard before a comedic "cha-ching!" sound effect (like when you buy something), and they are sent flying, most assuredly K.O.'d.

Throws
Grab Attack: Anna holds up the enemy with both hands and can shake them for coins, hurting both their body and their bank.
Forward: Steals a pouch of coin from the enemy before delivering an epic drop-kick.
Backward: Performs the greatest German Suplex in history.
Downward: Stuffs the enemy in a coin bag and jumps on it, sending them backwards on a low trajectory.
Upward: Throws the enemy upwards, and with one hand extended upwards and carrying an Arcflame tome in the other, she sends the enemy scorching with a conic blast of flame.

Aerials
Neutral: A 360 spin with the legendary axe, Armads, in hand. A move with electrifyingly superior knockback at the cost of a narrow hitbox.
Forward: Fires an arrow forward from Nidhogg, the legendary bow, with good damage and standard knockback.
Backwards: Turns and fires an arrow from Parthia, another legendary bow, with less damage but a lower knockback trajectory.
Downwards: Swings a bag full of coin straight downwards as a meteor smash.
Upwards: Twirls the Wing Spear above her head, with its great reach covering aerial assaults from a wide angle.

Smash Attacks
Forward: Swings the Hammer. This move is very effective against shields, with a guaranteed break at full charge. It can be seen as a makeshift Shield Breaker, though it cannot be charged while airborne.
Downwards: The wind tome Excalibur is held while Anna is wrapped in fierce cutting winds. More range with greater charge.
Upwards: Anna aims the Double Bow upwards and releases. The velocity of the arrow increases with charge.

Normals
Jab: For as long as A is held, Anna swings Sol Katti at blinding flast-speeds.
Forward Tilt: The legendary spear, Gungnir,is prodded outwards. It has a lot of reach, though little power and a precise hitbox.
Up Tilt: Anna holds up the torch, and ignites any enemies above.
Down Tilt: A planted spin-kick. Sort of like Sheik's, but only one rotation and faster.
Dash Attack: As she runs, Anna can be seen pulling Vague Katti from a sheathe before she vanishes, delivering a cut attack to anyone on her path.

Also to note that Anna uses the Warding staff while shielding, merely as a cosmetic choice.

As a final note Anna MUST have cheesy puns for some of her taunts and victory quotes. If possible I would like her Awakening design to be available as an alternate outfit.

Hong

The Strongest
Oh, you know just as well as I do that they would be eternal rivals in the ring. They both have the same agenda, but couldn't be any more different from each other if you tried. It is a shame we won't be having SSE-esque cutscenes, because the possibilities are hilarious.

GuyWithTheFace

NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Oh, you know just as well as I do that they would be eternal rivals in the ring. They both have the same agenda, but couldn't be any more different from each other if you tried. It is a shame we won't be having SSE-esque cutscenes, because the possibilities are hilarious.
They DO have newcomer introduction videos. I'd imagine something like Wario running up to grab a coin and you see a sword come on screen and then pan up to see Anna. She then proceeds to hilariously beat the **** out of Wario and take the coin.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I'm a fairly open-minded individual but I don't fully understand why this character has so much support. I understand she's been in all the games but she's a merchant that you get to play as in one game, so why are their droves of supporters for someone who plays such an insignificant role? I'm not saying this to be snide, I'm genuinely curious.

Hong

The Strongest
I'm a fairly open-minded individual but I don't fully understand why this character has so much support. I understand she's been in all the games but she's a merchant that you get to play as in one game, so why are their droves of supporters for someone who plays such an insignificant role? I'm not saying this to be snide, I'm genuinely curious.
I wouldn't overstate Anna's popularity.

Basically, anyone who supports Fire Emblem characters are very broad. We all have a particular character we want the most, but for the most part we will take just about anything. Chrom is the subject of the most disparity, largely because both Fire Emblem fans and non-Fire Emblem fans love Ike, who is threatened by the presence of Chrom. Personally I love EVERY Fire Emblem character, though I want Robin the most myself.

Aside from the fact she is cute, the reasons for supporting Anna vary quite a bit. I support her because I like that she does not really discriminate on any particular entry in an otherwise very large series with literally over a 1000 characters (300+ being playable). Marth and Anna are the characters who have the most renown and stake in the series on horizontal scale.

I don't mean to offend anyone, but the amount of games Anna has been a fighter in is not really important. With characters like R.O.B., Ice Climbers or WFT, that is entirely irrelevant.

GuyWithTheFace

NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Think of Fire Emblem kinda like Pokemon. Every game, you get about 100 new characters, however, there's one that shows up all the freakin' time in every game in the series. For Pokemon, that's Pikachu, and for Fire Emblem, that's Anna. Besides that, she's just so... Quirky. She's an awesome character, and for fans of the series, she's just the one constant, familiar face. Additionally, her many appearances and different weapons used give her vast moveset potential.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Think of Fire Emblem kinda like Pokemon. Every game, you get about 100 new characters, however, there's one that shows up all the freakin' time in every game in the series. For Pokemon, that's zubat.
fixt

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Anna is most certainly a wanted character of mine!

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Woah, hey, it's been a long time since I've seen this here topic, and as the last thread on the first page no less.
Well, my cousin deleted all the save data I had for Awakening. Great. Doesn't matter, Anna still supreme waifu, I have things to remember her by. . .
(nonsexualolplstopinterpretmewithwaifupillowsleepingatnightimeanwutnonevermindyoudidntreadthat)

I really do look forward to seeing what she is in future FE games, and looking back I think the crux of my argument was the 'sum', discounting recency and all those other things almost entirely. While the perspective is valid, combined with uniqueness it's all the more powerful.
So, why don't more people love Anna? Waifu battles, obviously! That's not true, that's minor, I think the real reason is that it's difficult to see it from this perspective when one doesn't already want her in, or is open to the idea, and will easily fall back on the more conventional 'recency' and 'lords only' stuff. The same boat as Tiki, who actually has story 'relevance'.
Now if only people warmed up to Walhart. . .

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Wish Anna got her own child in Awakening, even if it would have been another Anna.
Also more Supports, why did she only have like 2 supports?

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Wish Anna got her own child in Awakening, even if it would have been another Anna.
This was a problem, I feel, with a lot more than just Anna. She should have about the same amount of supports as Tiki at least (four (or more?) same sex supports including child, and then the avatar). But yeah, I should be able to marry her to, like, Lon Qu or something, I mean, 'cmon! Say'ri is seriously lacking in supports with others too. It'd be nice if I could also marry Stahl and Sumia together. Just, I think it's silly that certain combinations are left out. It'd be a lot more writing, sure, but I think it's well worth.
I feel like they're going to fix this support issue for next game for later joining units. I doubt they're going to go with a generational mechanic ala genealogy/awakening this time around.
Oh, the scramble and hotspring DLC does add some conversations I guess. . .
Hey, also, unique conversations for the fathers should've been a thing.
At the very least, if Awakening's excellent slide card and in-story tutorials don't rub off for future FE, we'll see her as a tutorial giver ala PoR, and no doubt massively involved in DLC and shops still, other than that. . . We'll see.
Oh my gosh this thread is just brimming with hope. GREAT!

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Agreed. Except I had my avatar character marry Anna so I guess her having Morgan kinda counts.
Fun fact: Morgan is a Thief class if she's Anna's child. I'm assuming she's supposed to be a Tactician if avatar marries anyone else. I've only tested it on Lucina so correct me if I'm wrong.
Also, hey, Anna totally has my support :D

GuyWithTheFace

NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Agreed. Except I had my avatar character marry Anna so I guess her having Morgan kinda counts.
Fun fact: Morgan is a Thief class if she's Anna's child. I'm assuming she's supposed to be a Tactician if avatar marries anyone else. I've only tested it on Lucina so correct me if I'm wrong.
Also, hey, Anna totally has my support :D
She's the non-Avatar parent's base class, except for Lucina, Chrom, Olivia, and Walhart, I believe.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I wanted to make a female character just so I could have her marry Walhart. . .
Then I found out Morgan couldn't be a CONQUEROR.
:(
At least he gets the ability :D
It'd be totally cool if we get Merchant class that has access to the convoy and uses lances in place of the soldier, but functions exactly like the soldier in all other ways.
Or better yet just give the Soldier a convoy ability and have Anna take the class line. 'Twould also need some other gimmicks to make soldier special, aye?! Perhaps!?

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Anna definitely has longevity. What I specifically mean is that she is easily one of the only characters in Awakening who will be around for other games, meaning that unlike characters who will most likely be one-shot characters such as Chrom, Lucina, Robin, etc., her missing out on this game won't mean that her chances will be permanently shot, but rather, in the hypothetical scenario that her role will increase even further from Awakening, her chances for the next Smash game may increase substantially.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
She's the non-Avatar parent's base class, except for Lucina, Chrom, Olivia, and Walhart, I believe.
Ah okay that makes sense since Morgan can't be a Lord. Again I've only seen with Anna and Lucina. A little disappointed that you can't get another Dancer though.

Top Bottom