• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Violence is on sale today - Anna for DLC! * Waiting for new stock! Bear with us here! *

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Lol I remember when I first bumped this thread back when it was only at the first page and dying out due to month's of no posts. Now it has reached 20 pages. :p

Anna is still awesome. : D

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Do you guys think we'll have alt. costumes for Anna?
I think we'll probably get a few, like ones basing on Radiant Dawn.

Yea! She can have a merchant alternate costume, maybe she can even wear Mia's outfit because it looks similar to her Radiant Dawn outfit.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
It was quite a long journey to read through the whole Anna support thread.
I fully support Anna even more than I thought, like Kikwi-Kiwi said before, it would feel like a crime if she doesn't appear in Smash in any form.
Also, poor Diddy Kong. Now I see quite clearly why Impa debate is pretty much stinging my head.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Let's say, theoretically, if Sakurai did, in fact, include Anna as a playable character. Which weapon of choice might Sakurai be more-likely to entrust to Anna - the Levin Sword (within some of her promotional artwork), or some sort of spear (most of the merchants carry in Awakening)?

(I apologize if such a theoretical question has been posed previously (which I am not exactly aware of/or remember.)

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Let's say, theoretically, if Sakurai did, in fact, include Anna as a playable character. Which weapon of choice might Sakurai be more-likely to entrust to Anna - the Levin Sword (within some of her promotional artwork), or some sort of spear (most of the merchants carry in Awakening)?

(I apologize if such a theoretical question has been posed previously (which I am not exactly aware of/or remember.)
Definitely the Levin Sword, as she is very speedy as a Trickster, it would make sense for her to use a weapon that executes pretty fast.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard

I hope for spear, but she has so many good choices, and Sakurai is so unpredictable that I'd rather choose option C (of theoreticals, which is always the one that's never given as an option): whatever Sakurai sees her working with.
I think Anna would be better as an AT than as a playable character.
I'd actually far rather her be a hard, meta style, cameo/represent some menu function than be an AT.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I''d like Anna to swap between weapons and/or use a giant sack of cash as a weapon.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
If she can't be playable for whatever reason, the idea of a trickster might fade away in future. Since we might likely get something different. Probably why I want her playable now so that she keeps the fitting Trickster class.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I support Anna.
Probably one of if not my favorite Fire Emblem character thus far, and she is iconic and important to the series.
Although I don't see her happening this time, I actually expect to see her in the future.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I did not realize that Anna appeared in almost every game of the series! I recently finished Awakening, She's like the Nurse Joy of Fire Emblem! Her inclusion would make sense to me now. I'd actually rather see her than the Obvious Awakening choice. Sign me up as a supporter!

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
So how would you describe Anna's playstyle? I think I would describe Anna as a hit and run character, once she comboes an opponent with her Levin sword, she runs away. Sort of describes the evasiveness of a trickster.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Anna's playstyle:
Anna is a quick, nimble character in both speed and in attacking. She can use her Levin Sword in her Smash to temporarily stun the opponent. Her normal attacks and aerial attacks do electrical damage in short range, but are pretty weak, but can stun the opponent enough for her to do a combo. Her jumps are pretty much equal to Fox's, only much more horizontal, so she can easily get away from a situation. With some of her special moves, she has a quick thunder attack that's much faster to execute than Pikachu's, but much weaker, but can stun. She can use the move Rescue to gain a long line of range, another way to get out of a situation or to trick the opponent from time to time. Her Side-B is a quick dash attack (similar to Ike's), is much faster to execute, but has low KO potential. Her Neutral B is an attack (similar to Marth's Neutral, only she spins and it's a multi-hitting attack) that also stuns the opponent longer depending how long you charge. All in all, her playstyle makes use of stun attacks to get away from opponents, being a tricky character to hit once she jumps away. Being able to use her effectively will give the opponent a hard time to attack her.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Well then, I hope Olimar doesn't have that random Match Up advantage with his yellow Pikmin. :O
Also, nice avatar change, Blue!
The pros would use her stun attacks to combo the heck out of everyone, not run away! To be tricky, you would need some great spacing tools and mix-up options so the opponent has a harder time reading your landings and punishing.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Well to run away is to quickly get away from a situation to annoy the opponent, then combo stun the opponent. Embarrass
Just keep doing the same process, it describes Anna well as a trickster with her easy evasion and speed.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Well to run away is to quickly get away from a situation to annoy the opponent, then combo stun the opponent. Embarrass
Just keep doing the same process, it describes Anna well as a trickster with her easy evasion and speed.
Then uh, how about she get better SDI abilities than the rest of the cast so she's harder to read? :O
Claims of "Anna OP pls nerf" incoming.
OR, how about everyone gets Dash Dance back, and Anna has a particularly useful one? :3
A good standing dodge / air dodge would also help.
And of course, just fast acceleration in general.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I'm kinda starting to doubt Anna's chances, in my gut, she'll end up being a AT.
Though I would still love it if Sakurai atually found the uniqueness and importance of Anna to make her playable.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I'm kinda starting to doubt Anna's chances, in my gut, she'll end up being a AT.
Though I would still love it if Sakurai atually found the uniqueness and importance of Anna to make her playable.
Just now?
Hoh, I'd love it if she's acknowledged at all.
No anxiety crosses my path, no worries ever bother me, I have dealt away with all presumption of chances, and I am at peace.
As for her chances, yeah they're probably low, but it is uncertain.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
If she gets in atleast as an Assist Trophy, we can still see her in glorious 3D, and sooner or later, PSAs. Nothing to lose.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
So now that Rosalina is a playable character, do you guys expect Anna now?
Ever since the "middle tier" character was announced, I have been having alot more confidence in Anna now. :love:

Igneous42

Smash Ace
So now that Rosalina is a playable character, do you guys expect Anna now?
Ever since the "middle tier" character was announced, I have been having alot more confidence in Anna now. :love:
Honestly? No, not really at all. Nothing against Anna she is a cool character and I think she'd be a fine additon to the cast, but Roslina being in Smash really doesn't really affect muy opinion on her chances at all. I'll admit that Roslina wasn't really on my radar at all until after she was announced for 3D world/we got a galaxy stage and people starting recommending her. However seeing her still didn't really surprise me, Nintendo has been pushing her pretty hard, I mean she is a playable character in a main Mario game something several other much older Mario characters can't even claim. The other big obsticle I see for Anna is there are just too many more relevant/main characters in her way and FE likely won't get too many spots. If Fire Emblem were to have 5-6 reps than I could see her being likely but I think 3 is being optimistic. Maybe 4 if they want to bring back Ike and Roy whilst still adding a new character.

And despite a lot of people on this forum seeming to think Chrom is too boring to have a chance I still think he is the most likely newcomer. Though as the more we see the more I think a Chrom/Lucina team is a very likely scenario as it would be unique, include Awakenings two most popular characters and highlight one of Awakenings new features.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Anna ma be given a bright future for Fire Emblem if she indeed becomes playable, but really she doesn't have to be playable to do it.
But then comes in mind the uniqueness of a trickster, with agile skills and her electrical Levin Sword that makes her stand out to the rest of the characters.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Hmm, Sakurai has a tendency to pick characters at least partially in the lime-light. To long term FE fans, of which Sakurai seems to be, Anna got a huge boost from Awakening, and so is Tiki a favorable character to us. He says now with this game he wants to go the middle way between Melee and Brawl because of the Wii U player base, and it seems to me that these sort of middle characters are the more significant, but I think a comparison between Anna and Toad is more appropriate than Rosalina. Rosalina is a sort of series and integral to the story sort of thing, and it's great, but man, Anna isn't like that at all :eek:

Oh well, only the best minds can reliably predict Sakurai, of which I am not one.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
I agree, that seems to be a more appropriate comparison. Although I made the comparison because Anna, Rosalina, and Cranky became playable.
I think it is between Robin and Anna, but following your pattern, Anna seems more likely because I am pretty sure that criteria doesn't fit Robin. And, I also think Anna is more popular in Shortie's poll.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think it is between Robin and Anna, but following your pattern, Anna seems more likely because I am pretty sure that criteria doesn't fit Robin. And, I also think Anna is more popular in Shortie's poll.
Does anyone have the results of the Awakening poll Nintendo did on Facebook? Anna did pretty well there too.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Yeah by 50 votes, I prefer Anna over Robin. IMO, Robin is a pretty bold choice, but I think it can be argued we already kinda have a magic user with Zelda with the addition of a sword. It seems rather generic to me, even though I love the character in FE:A.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Dropping in to just say that Anna has my support for being a Fire Emblem Character. She's a quirky and cool character that's stayed popular and interesting enough to garner my interest.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
This is the facebook poll results.

1. Masked Marth (1820 votes)
2. Walhart (1508 votes)
3. Henry (1482 votes)
4. Tharja (908 votes)
5. Chrom (665 votes)
6. Anna (653 votes)
7. Lon'qu (599 votes)
8. Gaius (595 votes)
9. Cordelia (574 votes)
10. Stahl (558 votes)

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I'm kinda surprised Walhart is second. O-o
Chrom is on top of Anna in voting. People should've just voted for Anna, but I guess lots of first time fans would've picked Chrom anyways.

Chalphy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Chalphy
As a long time Fire Emblem fan, I support Anna being added more than any other newcomers like Lyn or Chrom. However, if I were to make Anna, I would add some staves to her moveset. Perhaps a Berserk staff which would mess with the opponents controls for a few seconds.

Top Bottom