• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Violence is on sale today - Anna for DLC! * Waiting for new stock! Bear with us here! *

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
You know, even though I see the new FE spot going to someone like Chrom (ehhh) or Robin (better but still wouldn't scratch my specific itch), I can't help but hope that my prayers are answered and Anna takes the third spot. Her continued presence in the series would be a great argument to keep her tenured in future Smash games, she literally could represent EVERY style with a mixed move set and her promotions (based Trickster) and she's the only character who could get a Guilty Gear Johnny like play style or just a bad ass coin projectile for the sake of Profits™.

TL;DR I support the **** out of her.

Hong

The Strongest
I am egotistical enough to quote myself from another thread, speaking in benefit of our valued red-haired candidate.
They care about her enough to give her appearances across two decades, a fully-tooled PC, as well as have her at the crux of the Outrealm, which will surely persist into the next entry.

I'd say she is better off than many of the lords and supporting characters, including Tiki. From the perspective of Sakurai-san, it wouldn't be the first time he has opted for representation from the series that is not from any particular entry, and I don't blame him. Fire Emblem, like Pokemon, is a wonky series to represent. As far as characters go, Marth is the only really obvious choice.
anna pls

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Alright... let's see some Anna support people! Hope is not lost!

Hong

The Strongest
I'm not sure that Anna beats Tiki, but she's certainly a very prevalent character.
Both are iconic, but I would give Anna the edge for appearing in more realms, as well as breaking the fourth wall as often as she has.

Of course Tiki has had more in-world plot muscle, though I don't think that really matters much with characters like R.O.B. running around.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
She beats Tiki in terms of actually having a shot of a chance, I doubt the recurring manakete can make it in without much more notability.
Debatable, but I definitely respect your opinion.
Both are iconic, but I would give Anna the edge for appearing in more realms, as well as breaking the fourth wall as often as she has.

Of course Tiki has had more in-world plot muscle, though I don't think that really matters much with characters like R.O.B. running around.
I'd argue that it does matter in a franchise like Fire Emblem, though. R.O.B. gets a pass as a history rep. (Though I think Anna probably has at least a slight edge due to the developers obviously caring a lot about her. I mean, being in most titles in the series is nothing to scoff at)

Last edited:

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
You know, I have a particularly soft spot for this gal because of how much her Awakening avatar remind me of Haley from OotS.

Besides, she is the series' Rightful Goddess. Anna 4 Smash.
Fix'd.

No one better come for my boy Marth's spot. ******* will get cut over that.

Hong

The Strongest
You know, I have a particularly soft spot for this gal because of how much her Awakening avatar remind me of Haley from OotS.

Besides, she is the series' Rightful God. Anna 4 Smash.
A shared affinity for OotS? I didn't think I could like you more, Lordling. ♥

I hope that, if she should appear, the player can choose from both her classic attire, as well as her Trickster outfit.

Hong

The Strongest
I would personally enjoy her using magic in her moveset as well, much like Robin, even if the Trickster class is limited to Staves some creative license (and a Levin Sword) may not be amiss.
Have you seen my Anna moveset? I thought it would be cool if she could use items and weaponry from throughout all of Fire Emblem, given her ability to travel worlds and her several-millenia-long family business.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
One of the ideas I played around with in my attempts at making a move set for her (which I then took for a more original idea of mine) was having a coin projectile she could interact with while it's in transit. If you want to see the idea:

Concept: “Double Move set” where her moves change depending on whether or not there is a object (in this case a coin) from the character’s repertoire in play currently. Character flicks or flips a coin and has various means to interact with this coin as it moves through the air or rebounds off a struck opponent

Jab: Anna jabs outward with the butt of her knife (thief class). As she holds the blade in a reverse grip, her jab combo is a quick hook, back fist then finally a strong straight stab forward.
ftilt: Anna butts the opponent with the charged tip of her personal magic staff using it like a pool stick.
dtilt: Anna pokes her opponent with the charged tip of her personal magic staff similar to her ftilt but angled to the floor.
uptilt: Anna emits a small burst of magic from the tip of her magic staff while gently waving it from forward to above herself. Pops opponents upward on contact.
fsmash: Anna leaps in place, does a forward flip then comes down with a two handed slash using the Levin Sword. Alternatively, she gets a single dual handed overhead slash similar to Link's N64 fsmash.
dsmash: Anna stabs the Levin Sword into the ground. The tremor generated electrifies opponents launching them sideways.
upsmash: Anna twirls the Levin Sword upward in a propeller like motion. The last hit launches upwards. (Think of Dante's Prop Shredder in the Devil May Cry and Marvel vs. Capcom 3 games)
nair: Using a Fire Tome, Anna summons a whirling flame that circles her as she descends.
fair: Using a Lightning tome, Anna summons a disjointed electrical storm that floats opponents on hit
bair: Using a Wind tome, Anna charms the area dictated by her finger gesture and a breeze of wind follows a short path out of the book acting like Marth's bair
dair: Anna swings a bag full of coins straight down to club an opponent. This can spike.

B - Coin Flip (Spare Change?): Character flicks a coin forward with a slight arc in its trajectory. Holding B changes the vertical trajectory but decreases the horizontal distance traveled. Holding B long enough has the character shoot the coin straight upward. Can shoot 2 more additional coins after the first. Coins bounce off opponents upward before landing on the ground. Coins on the ground fade away after a fairly short amount of time.
Forward B - Pulse (Hands Off!): Anna conjures a burst of light/fire/wind/lightning that drops from the heavens. Holding the B button determines its distance away from her (similar to Din's Fire) with max distance being three characters away. If a coin is in transit, Anna enchants the object so it stalls in place and bursts with the effect of the magic.
Down B Counter (No Pickpockets!): Anna assumes a defensive position with the Levin Sword. If attacked, she spins in place and delivers a powerful back stab that launches low or horizontal to the ground.
Up B - Warp (Attending to Foreign Business): Anna pulls out a staff and warps in a direction dictated by the directional input after the move's start up. If a coin is in transit and hasn't hit the ground, aiming Anna towards it will have her warp to its position with loads of forward momentum and attempt to snag it out of the air. If collected, she regains any unused air actions [but cannot Up B again] and can strike immediately after. If she misses, she goes into a vulnerable free fall state.

Grabs: See Hong's moveset.
Dash Attack: Runs forward then swings a bag of coins forward (think of a hammer throw) that smack with a satisfying sound.
The idea was that her B moves would change properties and play up the "deception" part of her trickster title. By maintaining constant pressure and technicality with coins, your screen presence would be very difficult to keep track of as any moment a coin was on screen, there would be more than one option to keep track of.

I'll attempt to fill in the rest later but keep in mind a lot of this got absorbed into my own platform fighter design. This is just me showing off what kinda kooky things I'd do with the character. (At one point she had a mechanic where collecting the coins after rebounds and putting them in her sack would power up her side smash which was literally to swing a giant bag of Profit™ at an opponent.)

Edit: I finished updating this idea after reading Hong's proposed move set. His seemed closest to what I imagined while also having some very awesome little touches. (I love your version of Warp more, but mine has to be this way to work with the change chasing/penny pinching sub mechanic I laid out for her.) I also wanted to incorporate all of the Fire Emblem means of offense into her, but felt that using enough

Last edited:

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Bumping to say I finished the moveset. (This is ok to do, right?)

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Bumping to say I finished the moveset. (This is ok to do, right?)
ye is good
I liked the moveset. No, really, go look at your likes.
I wasn't expecting Levin Sword implementation to be this good, nicely done, uniqueness ahoy!
Great B moves, most unique. Tilts are okay, uptilt is pretty ambiguous. Smashes are good. Aerial attacks are also a little ambiguous.
Though, personally, I think the bag attacks should be something ridiculous, like, those moves would impart a lot of momentum and have her sliding across the place when she uses them, especially the dash attack. Think when you were a little kid and had something really heavy and you swung it around and leaned back. while going in a circle. That, but going forward! It's a huge sack of gold after all!

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Aw ****, I didn't do her aerials. Ugh, I don't even know where to go with those though.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Aerials could act like Marth's, but in a trickish way, and her melee range is half of Marth's sword.
Her aerials would cause temporary paralysis that can lead to potential combos.

Last edited:

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Well, I improvised something before I saw that but cool idea Blue.

andimidna

Smash Master
I love trying to find Anna in each game. Some are harder than others. I'm currently playing Fire Emblem (no subtitle?) and had to ask a friend where she was when I found out the merchant was Merlinus. I didn't find her until Eliwood's story :p
I never found a need to suspend my game.
I think Anna is one of the most deserving characters.
Also, just found out she's a PEGASUS KNIGHT in the tutorial for either Path of Radiance or Radiant Dawn.
Holy ****. I love Pegasus knights.
I really hope that could be incorporated into her moveset somehow.
Has anybody tried to incorporate a pegasus into her moveset?

She beats Tiki in terms of actually having a shot of a chance, I doubt the recurring manakete can make it in without much more notability.
Well, Anna may have appeared 2.5x more than Tiki, but Tiki has been playable 4x more than Anna.
Anna is the more requested of the 2 in terms of Smash, but Tiki is more popular when looking at the Awakening fanbase.
So really, Anna barely beats Tiki in likelihood, but she does beat her.
Tiki is more unique, however they are both the 2 most able to be unique/ gimmicky Fire Emblem characters out of them all.
Both deserve a spot in my opinion, and if neither get one, I'll be disappointed due to the missed opportunity, but what's OK is that, out of the Fire Emblem cast, these 2 don't lose a shot if not picked now.
They'll still be recurring and popular later in the series.
Robin will also be possible later.
So if the Fire Emblem roster ends up being something like: Marth, Ike, Chrom & Lucina
Anna, Tiki, and Robin will all be viable for SSB5, whenever that comes (2020?)
Unlike characters like Micaiah, Black Knight, Lyn, Roy, Leif, and Tharja. (and if Chrom and/or Lucina don't make it, this applies to them too)

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Ehh... nobody replied to me.
Posting again to let everybody know...
Anna's birthday is on E3?! :o
It's a conspiracy! They want to reveal her on that day, that's why they made it her birthday! :o
But seriously, if she was going to be revealed, June 11th would be the date to do it.
Just like I hope Lucina & Chrom team is confirmed April 2_th

YT123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Olaf551
3DS FC
5069-4175-0996
So what do you guys think about Anna's chances after the direct and the leaks? Tiki has been disconfirmed so that's a good sign I guess..

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh Anna, haven't really done much with her in ages. It would be neat if she somehow made it playable, but I'm not really seeing it.... Then again, we got quite a few surprises so I guess she isn't too far fetched....

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Since Chrom is now part of the roster (Assuming the leaky chorus is true), my hopes for Anna went down to the bottom of the cliff.
Now all we can hope is that we get a second FE newcomer.

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Ah, the Anna thread got a bump. Noice.
Wish I saw her as likely at all. I just see no reason that we wouldn't get Chrom. (If we get anyone at all.) Especially now with the Sal leak. Though this is one situation where I would love to be wrong.
One really good thing that comes with supporting Anna though is that, unlike almost every other Fire Emblem character, she'll have chance in every Smash game in the future so long as there are still Fire Emblems being made. Hopefully her increase in roles that came with Awakening continues.
If not playable, which is incredibly likely, I'd like her to appear in some way at least. At least a trophy or sticker. Maybe an Assist Trophy. Any mention at all would be a step up from Brawl.

Last edited:

AquaDork1

Smash Apprentice
I feel like Anna is another 'Impa'
As in, she's recurring and important, but...
There's just too much competition

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Anna's main competition will probably be the future FE lords that will be considered for next Smash installments.
She certainly has more diversity than Impa, given that Impa would be similar to Sheik.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I feel like Tiki being shown and being cut both have possible implications upon Anna's inclusion.
Possible, but plausible? We shall see!
Regardless of whether she gets in or not, from the interpretation we have assumed she will remain the best choice.

Last edited:

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
If it doesn't happen this go around, I'm glad to know that there's a strong-ish support group for her going forward in the Smash series. It's also good to know that she's an evergreen along with Tiki so whenever the world gets tired of their blue haired protagonists, these two will always be near the front of the list. :p

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Maybe there's a goddess triangle :sheep:

Blue- Rosalina
Green- Palutena
Red- Anna

I'm afraid what's keeping her behind is the unwritten lord only rule, I wish they would look past that. However I'm not too worried about her falling off the map as long as Fire Emblem exists she's pretty much evergreen like bksbestbwoy said.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Maybe there's a goddess triangle :sheep:

Blue- Rosalina
Green- Palutena
Red- Anna

I'm afraid what's keeping her behind is the unwritten lord only rule, I wish they would look past that. However I'm not too worried about her falling off the map as long as Fire Emblem exists she's pretty much evergreen like bksbestbwoy said.
I suppose she does have the skill "Rightful God"
If Anna isn't playable then maybe Goddess of Apotheosis Anna can be a stage boss-thing. :troll:

I wouldn't say it's an "unwritten rule." It's just that the main characters of the games are the most popular characters, and they tend to be Lords. Anna's relative lack of popularity is what will most likely hold her back in the end. Which is why I'm more hopeful for ANY appearance in Smash. An Assist Trophy would be nice. And then a further increase in roles in the next Fire Emblem. Anna's resume will only get larger and more impressive as time goes on!

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Since Chrom is now part of the roster (Assuming the leaky chorus is true), my hopes for Anna went down to the bottom of the cliff.
Now all we can hope is that we get a second FE newcomer.
My take on Rumors is to just take the whole frikken salt shaker and believe nothing.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
I suppose she does have the skill "Rightful God"
If Anna isn't playable then maybe Goddess of Apotheosis Anna can be a stage boss-thing. :troll:

I wouldn't say it's an "unwritten rule." It's just that the main characters of the games are the most popular characters, and they tend to be Lords. Anna's relative lack of popularity is what will most likely hold her back in the end. Which is why I'm more hopeful for ANY appearance in Smash. An Assist Trophy would be nice. And then a further increase in roles in the next Fire Emblem. Anna's resume will only get larger and more impressive as time goes on!
Anna as a boss fight or assist trophy would be amusing too but she needs to be all out and silly like this.

You're right Anna is recognizable among Fire Emblem fans but not popular or popular enough to compare to the likes of Chrom. An assist trophy would put her on the map to a bigger audience but she needs to grow in the Fire Emblem series, Awakening put her on the right track at least by involving her even more.

Popo Nana Power

Smash Apprentice
I'd like Anna to be added, but she doesn't really seem to fit the pattern of the Fire Emblem reps so far.

Which I feel like is really the bigger issue than not being a protagonist (after she's appeared in every game, and became a playable character in Awakening).

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I really don't buy that leak. The only reason anyone puts any stock in what that guy says is cause he got Wii Fit Trainer right, everyone else he got right you could see coming from a mile away. Especially since he said "Gen 6 Pokemon" rather than Greninja. I mean, freaking Mega-Lucario is a Gen 6 Pokemon. And if you think about it, Wii Fit Trainer makes total sense, considering how popular Wii Fit is.

And besides, how do we even know both leaks come from the same guy? I mean, some website claimed to get an e-mail from him, but who says either the website or the guy who sent the e-mail aren't lying?

Besides, going back to the leak, let's go over all of the things that would have to happen for this to be true, shall we? First, in June 2013, someone close to Nintendo, either who works there or is close to someone who works there leaks 6 people they're supposed to reveal at E3. Nintendo is pissed. So pissed that they change up their entire E3 presentation just to avoid looking like this guy is right. The guy who did the leaking, because you just KNOW Nintendo is tracking their employees computers, well, if he's lucky, upper management gives him a nice talking to, and then he's fired. If he's unlucky, upper management gives him a nice talking to. And then he's fired. He then, after being fired, continues working at Nintendo long enough to leak what is exactly is going on with the roster again 10 months later.

I don't buy it, text leaks are just way too fishy.

Last edited:

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
I can't discredit that leak ever seeing as how in all of the internet up until that point, there was only ever ONE person who got the combination of Wii Fit Trainer along with Villager, Megaman and Little Mac. If he had only gotten one of the latter three, we could say "lucky guess", but getting WFT AND two out of those three with the third one showing up later? That's far more than just coincidence and can lead to anyone believing the leaker has a source.

On topic: Anna's personality would be such a refreshingly charming one for Fire Emblem as a series to have in Smash.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
WFT was an oddball, sure, but in hindsight makes total sense given Wii Fit's popularity. Megaman? Didn't Sakurai say something about wanting to include Capcom characters? That one was obvious. Little Mac was one of the most popular choices out there, so he'd have been an easy prediction too. And remember, the leaker didn't predict "Villager," he predicted "Animal Crossing Guy." Which conveniently is also Tom Nook. And having either Tom Nook or Villager was a pretty popular choice too.

All I'm saying is that there were hundreds, if not thousands of predictions out there. Someone getting an oddball along with 3 far more obvious choices is bound to happen somewhere.

Regardless, we probably shouldn't stray too far from the topic at hand. Anna would be awesome. And if Chrom replaces Ike, she's the only one I could see as a 3rd FE character alongside Chrom/Marth.

Top Bottom