• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Violence is on sale today - Anna for DLC! * Waiting for new stock! Bear with us here! *

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
So, nobody can prove that Chrom or Lucina can become unique? Pathetic.
I've posted a a unique set of specials in chrom's thread. Normal attacks for every character have a near infinite pool of possibilities so I didn't bother getting into those.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So, nobody can prove that Chrom or Lucina can become unique? Pathetic.
Quit yer whining, any character can be unique. Just search for a Chrom moveset. Here, this was the first result.

The moveset starts around one minute. It's not the best moveset, but then again, I didn't search too hard. It's unique.

Personally I don't think Chrom/Lucina are the best choices either, but they obviously could be made unique.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Quit yer whining, any character can be unique. Just search for a Chrom moveset. Here, this was the first result.

The moveset starts around one minute. It's not the best moveset, but then again, I didn't search too hard. It's unique.

Personally I don't think Chrom/Lucina are the best choices either, but they obviously could be made unique.
Hey I know that guy! He's one of my Youtube Smash Buddies!

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Roy has already been very well-received as a character in Smash Bros., and the fire sword at least helps make Roy stand out a lot more aesthethically than Chrom/Lucina.
Chrom and Lucina have already been well received by FE fans. They just haven't been in smash yet to get that title. A sword with fire doesn't do that much seeing as Sakurai has taken enough liberties and even given Ike a fire based attack.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Chrom and Lucina have already been well received by FE fans. They just haven't been in smash yet to get that title. A sword with fire doesn't do that much seeing as Sakurai has taken enough liberties and even given Ike a fire based attack.
Lucina is aesthetically very similar to Marth.

Eruption being given to Ike was likely a last minute decision considering Sakurai mentioned he had to get ride of Ike's projectile special based on the Ragnell's shockwave since he said it made Ike overpowered.

Chrom would certainly be more weakly received as a newcomer addition than Marth, Roy, and Ike. I don't think he brings anything to the table that we have not seen before. Lucina is in even a worse spot because she is basically genderswap Marth.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Guys, remember that this thread is related to Anna and Anna only. Move onto the Fire Emblem Discussion thread for the ******** over Flare Boy.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Chrom would certainly be more weakly received as a newcomer addition than Marth, Roy, and Ike. I don't think he brings anything to the table that we have not seen before. Lucina is in even a worse spot because she is basically genderswap Marth.
You're banking on one massive assumption. An assumption that can very easily be wrong.

Guys, remember that this thread is related to Anna and Anna only. Move onto the Fire Emblem Discussion thread for the *****ing over Flare Boy.
k

A character whose largely supported for her multiple appearances should at least be prominent in each game but shes only remotely important in one (awakening). I agree that she would be a neat addition but shes not important. The girl who shows up in a menu is not deserving simply because she does it multiple times.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
If there was four playable characters for FE, Roy would certainly be among one of them. It would be Marth, Roy, Ike, and some sort of FE13 character (Chrom/Lucina/Anna). Roy is also by far the most wanted FE character for Smash 4. I think a lot of supporters for female FE characters tend to overlook that.
Just to be clear. I don't support Anna (or any character for that matter) just because their female or a villain or whatever. It's actually possible to like a character because we actually like them, regardless of their gender.

Anyway.The reason I said that I don't really see it with Roy is because he hasn't been as marketed as much as, say. GameFreak did with Mewtwo currently. I'm not asking for him to have a new transformation or whatever. But something that would actually make him stand out compared to the rest of the returning Fire Emblem cast in Awakening.

From what I've played in Fire Emblem Awakening so far, most of them played a similar role as Roy as that they are summonable cards and all. Then again, I haven't bought all the DLC so I probably wouldn't know. But he doesn't really stand out to me as compared to Anna or even Marth (blame Lucina) in that game to be honest.

And I believe I've read in one of the Iwata Ask's that Sakurai often has a hard time when deciding on certain characters from series such as Pokemon as he usually has to follow what Gamefreak wants before he chooses what character he wants to represent. This could probably also apply to Intelligent Systems perhaps. But I could have understood it wrong though, feel free to correct me on that. If he does plan to bring back Roy. He would probably be low priority again like he was in Brawl in favor of newcomers.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
I don't think its wrong. Even on GameFAQs now there is rising cynicism about Chrom as a potential newcomer.
There will always be skeptics. A few people denying him doesn't mean much especially with FE.

Also some hard evidence would go nicely with counterpoints like that.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Anyway.The reason I said that I don't really see it with Roy is because he hasn't been as marketed as much as, say. GameFreak did with Mewtwo currently. .
I guess Ike is not going to return either then.

Secondly, I was talking about FOUR spots. Roy is obviously going to get one of them considering not only he is the most wanted FE character, but he was also planned for Brawl.

Anna has to fight for a spot with Chrom and Lucina. Roy is pretty much just competing to get back on in general.

From what I've played in Fire Emblem Awakening so far, most of them played a similar role as Roy as that they are summonable cards and all. Then again, I haven't bought all the DLC so I probably wouldn't know. But he doesn't really stand out to me as compared to Anna or even Marth (blame Lucina) in that game to be honest.
Roy is repping the GBA trilogy, not FE13. Secondly, Roy does not have his trademark weapon, the Sword of Seals, in FE13. Its the Sword of Seals that really sets Roy apart from other sword-wielding lords.

There will always be skeptics. A few people denying him doesn't mean much especially with FE.

Also some hard evidence would go nicely with counterpoints like that.
The evidence is pretty much using your eyes to see that a lot of the time whenever Chrom is brought up there is complaints about how boring he is. His thread has not even seen any activity for months.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The evidence is pretty much using your eyes to see that a lot of the time whenever Chrom is brought up there is complaints about how boring he is..
To play devil's advocate, the same could be said about Ridley and his size.

I don't want Chrom (Roy supporter just like you), but that is a weak argument.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
To play devil's advocate, the same could be said about Ridley and his size.

To play Devil's Advocate 2: Electric Boogaloo, Ridley's size argument is far more easy to debunk then Chrom's blandness argument. Not to mention the latter is a much larger concern for justified reasons, and is the driving force as to why he's the most notable case of "expected but not wanted".

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Chrom as a character does not really even in stand out much in his own game. As a potential fighter in Smash Bros., there is not really much to make him stand out relative to the other FE fighters that already been in Smash Bros. Sure, like any other character (I have even made Dr. Mario unique) he could be made into a character with his own moveset, but as an actual potential newcomer he does not really contrast that much with FE characters that have already gotten into Smash Bros. I think many Smash Bros. fans would be inclined to want to see something a bit different for FE.

I think if FE13 was not the most recent FE, we probably would not even be discussing Chrom as a potential candidate for Smash 4. That is why I think its "possible" that Anna could even be reached as a potential character for Smash 4, cynicism by Sakurai as to what Chrom even has to offer. However, there is no telling and virtually no guarantee that the idea of Anna will even come to Sakurai even if he were to bring up Chrom's lack of difference (as well as problem of the cycling protagonists) when it comes to Smash 4.

I think Chrom not making it for Smash 4 would potentially be a wake up call to IS to make more inventive lords for future FE games anyway.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Perhaps yes. We don't know yet which characters return until, you know, their actually confirmed. INB4 then Mario or any other super likely of returning character isn't returning either until confirmed. But Sakurai would probably be a bit more favorable on Ike since the original intention for Roy was to just advertise the latest Fire Emblem game. Or so I've heard. Who knows, they could also both return of course.

Secondly, I was talking about FOUR spots. Roy is obviously going to get one of them considering not only he is the most wanted FE character, but he was also planned for Brawl.
Perhaps. But seeing as how he was low priority in Brawl. That would probably also likely mean he'd be low priority in smash 4 again as a quick semi/clone of Marth. Again, we don't know until he's actually confirmed.

Anna has to fight for a spot with Chrom and Lucina. Roy is pretty much just competing to get back on in general.
Roy would still have Chrom and Lucina to deal with. I'm probably seeing bias here. If Roy were to return, he would definitely be a lower priority over whoever represents Fire Emblem 13.
[/quote]

The evidence is pretty much using your eyes to see that a lot of the time whenever Chrom is brought up there is complaints about how boring he is. His thread has not even seen any activity for months.
Wether a character is boring or not is subjective. I personally thought he was pretty good and I wouldn't be surprised if he made it in. Especially since the polls you showed made it out to be that Chrom is one of the more popular characters in the Fire Emblem Awakening cast. Or do they suddenly not count anymore? And if they don't, why did you use it against Anna then?

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/img/fe13poll.jpg
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/fe/kakusei_bk/kekka/index.html

Honestly. We might as well agree to disagree since we're both very biased for the characters we favor.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
To play Devil's Advocate 2: Electric Boogaloo, Ridley's size argument is far more easy to debunk then Chrom's blandness argument. Not to mention the latter is a much larger concern for justified reasons, and is the driving force as to why he's the most notable case of "expected but not wanted".

I think that would probably be pretty impossible. [Laughs]
Not the easiest to debunk when it looks pretty impossible according to Brawl, and, ya know, Sakurai himself.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace

Roy is repping the GBA trilogy, not FE13. Secondly, Roy does not have his trademark weapon, the Sword of Seals, in FE13. Its the Sword of Seals that really sets Roy apart from other sword-wielding lords.

Ike may not return you are correct.

Roy will not obviously get one, his popularity is due to his being a veteran alone. His game is literally nothing in America and not really relevant in Japan.

You call what Anna is doing fighting and I call it bidoof vs. kyurem battle. In other words its not much of a battle in Anna's case.

I really doubt they would have roy to rep the gba series since his game isn't even available in America. Most people don't even know what era roy is from they just know he's a fire emblem character. If they were to pick a character solely to rep the gba games it would likely be lyn, even though she wouldn't be my first choice.

Honestly don't understand why everyone thinks Chrom is so boring. Bandwagon I guess. Truth of the matter is he is a ****ing boss. He has way more personality than Roy could dream of and since he has many unique animations he has a lot to work with. Roy has a fire sword and Marths moveset and that's it. BUT FIRE SWORD no shut up.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Perhaps yes. We don't know yet which characters return until, you know, their actually confirmed. INB4 then Mario isn't returning either until confirmed. But Sakurai would probably be a bit more favorable on Ike since the original intention for Roy was to just advertise the latest Fire Emblem game. Or so I've heard. Who knows, they could also both return of course.

Perhaps. But seeing as how he was low priority in Brawl. That would probably also likely mean he'd be low priority in smash 4 again as a quick semi/clone of Marth. Again, we don't know until he's actually confirmed.

Roy would still have Chrom and Lucina to deal with. I'm probably seeing bias here. If Roy were to return, he would definitely be a lower priority over whoever represents Fire Emblem 13.

Wether a character is boring or not is subjective. I personally thought he was pretty good and I wouldn't be surprised if he made it in. Especially since the polls you showed made it out to be that Chrom is one of the more popular characters in the Fire Emblem Awakening cast. Or do they suddenly not count anymore? And if they don't, why did you use it against Anna then?
http://serenesforest.net/fe13/img/fe13poll.jpg
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/fe/kakusei_bk/kekka/index.html
Honestly. We might as well agree to disagree since we're both very biased for the characters we favor.
There is a lot wrong with this post.

For one, Sakurai said he put in Roy because he felt he stood out more than any other FE character at the time for a Marth clone, and felt he could help promote the series as whole (just look at how many people who even tried out a FE game due to Roy being in Melee, which showed Sakurai's assumption was correct).

Secondly, I doubt they would give FE13 more than one playable character, especially considering that Chrom and Lucina are pretty similar to one another in terms of their abilities (they even share the same default classes).

Also, Roy is not competing with the general idea of a FE13 character (Chrom/Lucina/Anna/My Unit). Its just the idea of having Roy back in general that Sakurai needs to be convinced on, not a "third FE spot". Secondly, there is no guarantee that Sakurai even believes FE13 could have a spot, he could simply look at Chrom/Lucina and go "naaa" and represent FE13 through other means like he did with Generation 3 for Pokemon in Brawl.

As for the polls, I did not use them against Anna, but rather as a picture for her Japanese popularity. The thing is that a lot of people forget, popularity for a certain fanbase can often not translate into requests for Smash Bros. (or even interest for Smash Bros.) FE4 was extremely well-received in Japan, yet Sigurd/Celice received barely any requests/votes relative to Marth in Sakurai's pre-Melee poll. Toad is incredibly popular among Mario fans in Japan and the West, yet demand for him is weaker than several potential Mario newcomers.

Just look and Chrom and Lucina. In the West, Lucina seems to have more popularity among FE13 fans, yet Chrom receives far more requests than Lucina does despite both having the same abilities. Why? Because Lucina's aesthetically is very similar to Marth, while Chrom does not.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Roy will not obviously get one, his popularity is due to his being a veteran alone. His game is literally nothing in America and not really relevant in Japan.

You call what Anna is doing fighting and I call it bidoof vs. kyurem battle. In other words its not much of a battle in Anna's case.

I really doubt they would have roy to rep the gba series since his game isn't even available in America. Most people don't even know what era roy is from they just know he's a fire emblem character. If they were to pick a character solely to rep the gba games it would likely be lyn, even though she wouldn't be my first choice.

Honestly don't understand why everyone thinks Chrom is so boring. Bandwagon I guess. Truth of the matter is he is a ****ing boss. He has way more personality than Roy could dream of and since he has many unique animations he has a lot to work with. Roy has a fire sword and Marths moveset and that's it. BUT FIRE SWORD no shut up.
I like how you know nothing about Roy and FE6.

@ Chrono

I was referring to the fact that people complaining about a character should not be used as a valid argument as people will complain about anything.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
Chrom as a character does not really even in stand out much in his own game. As a potential fighter in Smash Bros., there is not really much to make him stand out relative to the other FE fighters that already been in Smash Bros. Sure, like any other character (I have even made Dr. Mario unique) he could be made into a character with his own moveset, but as an actual potential newcomer he does not really contrast that much with FE characters that have already gotten into Smash Bros. I think many Smash Bros. fans would be inclined to want to see something a bit different for FE.

I think if FE13 was not the most recent FE, we probably would not even be discussing Chrom as a potential candidate for Smash 4. That is why I think its "possible" that Anna could even be reached as a potential character for Smash 4, cynicism by Sakurai as to what Chrom even has to offer. However, there is no telling and virtually no guarantee that the idea of Anna will even come to Sakurai even if he were to bring up Chrom's lack of difference (as well as problem of the cycling protagonists) when it comes to Smash 4.

I think Chrom not making it for Smash 4 would potentially be a wake up call to IS to make more inventive lords for future FE games anyway.
Two things. One what made Ike so unique in his moveset that Chrom doesn't have? Chrom is a great character and the whole blandness argument is a sack of ****. Ike has a better story? Tell me how Ike's story line affects brawl in any way shape or form. His fighting also doesn't stand out but they made him unique. So why can't they do the same for Chrom.
Second, you really think that sakurai hasn't considered every single possible character for the game? Because I guarantee he has picking out a roster means knowing your stuff and you know your stuff by considering every possibility out there.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

In the West, yeah he is popular due to being in Smash Bros. However in Japan, Roy is also popular due to how well-received FE6 was and for resurrecting the series in Japan.

Anyone that has beaten FE7 knows what era Roy is from considering that he shows up at the end at Eliwood's son. Secondly, Hector is more popular than Lyn is even in the West.

Lastly, IS has talked about remaking FE6 in the future, so Roy has a future utility as a character that could represent a FE6 remake.

That's funny, considering one of the biggest complaints about FE13 was how dull the animations in that game were relative to the rest of the series. Secondly, your statement about Chrom having more personality than Roy is pretty an opinion (YOUR opinion).

Also, thinking Chrom is "boring" is not a bandwagon. People supporting Chrom for no other reason other than being the most recent lord is a bandwagon.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Chrom as a character does not really even in stand out much in his own game.
I don't see how. In his own game he stands out a lot. His personality shines in his supports as most do. Being another character forced into the leader roll he doesn't have much room to deviate the players impressions. But then again EVERY lord goes through this and only criticizing Chrom for this is just reeking with bias.
As a potential fighter in Smash Bros., there is not really much to make him stand out relative to the other FE fighters that already been in Smash Bros. Sure, like any other character (I have even made Dr. Mario unique) he could be made into a character with his own moveset, but as an actual potential newcomer he does not really contrast that much with FE characters that have already gotten into Smash Bros. I think many Smash Bros. fans would be inclined to want to see something a bit different for FE.
That sure didn't stop Fox, Falco, and Wolf who have way less diversity than the movesets of Marth Ike and Chrom

I think if FE13 was not the most recent FE, we probably would not even be discussing Chrom as a potential candidate for Smash 4. .
FE13 was very successful no matter what context you put it in. That, without a doubt, is doing its part to put Chrom in the spotlight.
Also why is it condemn-able that the most recent game is getting attention when two of the three FE characters in smash have been the most recent?

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
Don't know as much about Roy than the American lords, but I did get halfway through the game and I can approve of the fact that he's boring as ****.

And chrono there is actually a bit wrong with your post while kiwis is basically spot on...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
That sure didn't stop Fox, Falco, and Wolf who have way less diversity than the movesets of Marth Ike and Chrom

FE13 was very successful no matter what context you put it in. That, without a doubt, is doing its part to put Chrom in the spotlight.
Also why is it condemn-able that the most recent game is getting attention when two of the three FE characters in smash have been the most recent?
Wolf has been a very highly requested character since 2001, and was a major re-occurring character in the series. He also had a much different feel than Fox/Falco due to how feral his moves were compared to the both of them. Aside from his specials and Final Smash (a measly five moves), Wolf would be a completely unique fighter. Wolf being the last character added to Brawl, probably would have ended up being completely unique had Sakurai been given more time.

Secondly, "success" means nothing for FE. FE9 (Ike's first game), was the worst selling game in the FE series in Japan, yet he got in. That right there should end all sales arguments when it comes to "sales" meritting inclusion.

Also, it is condemnable to support Chrom for no other reason aside from being "recent" and "a shoe-in". Basically, they don't like the character or have any personal experience with it, but they just want to go with whatever they think is the most likely scenario.That is certainly condemnable.

And chrono there is actually a bit wrong with your post while kiwis is basically spot on...
That is pretty much your opinion. I am pretty much one of the best experts when it comes to FE on this site. I know what I am talking about when it comes to FE. I think you are letting your fanboyism blind you.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Don't know as much about Roy than the American lords, but I did get halfway through the game and I can approve of the fact that he's boring as ****.

Well... boring is an opinion. So that should never be used as an argument in my opinion :troll: (serious though).

Couple of things though.

I find it ironic that you disapprove of calling Chrom boring yet call Roy in the next breath. That's totally not bias. -_-

If Chrono has said something wrong then clarify what is wrong, or else no one will take you seriously.

And so, I think we should move this topic back to Anna.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
In the West, yeah he is popular due to being in Smash Bros. However in Japan, Roy is also popular due to how well-received FE6 was and for resurrecting the series in Japan.

Anyone that has beaten FE7 knows what era Roy is from considering that he shows up at the end at Eliwood's son. Secondly, Hector is more popular than Lyn is even in the West.

Lastly, IS has talked about remaking FE6 in the future, so Roy has a future utility as a character that could represent a FE6 remake.

That's funny, considering one of the biggest complaints about FE13 was how dull the animations in that game were relative to the rest of the series. Secondly, your statement about Chrom having more personality than Roy is pretty an opinion (YOUR opinion).

Also, thinking Chrom is "boring" is not a bandwagon. People supporting Chrom for no other reason other than being the most recent lord is a bandwagon.
Since fire emblem is in both countries it's likely they would go for characters that can appeal to both countries fans. Back when they had roy before this obviously wasn't a factor since it had never been released in brawl.

People who have played smash bros>>>people who have beaten FE7. Unfortunate but true.

As much as I like hector and don't like lyn, it seems to be that lyn is a much more popular choice from the gba games. Kind of a tell tale sign is that she got the AT over Elwood and hector.

Source on the fe6 remake possibility? Not questioning just fairly interested.

And while the animations in fe13 may be kind of dull (I think they are much better than the console and ds ones though) there are a **** ton of them, while Roy only has one per different kind of weapon. Plus he's got cutscenes and roy doesn't. Honestly there doesn't seem to be any Chrom supporters on this site because the Chrom hate train has eaten them alive...

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
Since fire emblem is in both countries it's likely they would go for characters that can appeal to both countries fans. Back when they had roy before this obviously wasn't a factor since it had never been released in brawl.

People who have played smash bros>>>people who have beaten FE7. Unfortunate but true.

As much as I like hector and don't like lyn, it seems to be that lyn is a much more popular choice from the gba games. Kind of a tell tale sign is that she got the AT over Elwood and hector.

And while the animations in fe13 may be kind of dull (I think they are much better than the console and ds ones though) there are a **** ton of them, while Roy only has one per different kind of weapon. Plus he's got cutscenes and roy doesn't. Honestly there doesn't seem to be any Chrom supporters on this site because the Chrom hate train has eaten them alive...
Sorry carry on with the Anna discussion feel free to discuss my words in the other thread

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
For one, Sakurai said he put in Roy because he felt he stood out more than any other FE character at the time for a Marth clone, and felt he could help promote the series as whole (just look at how many people who even tried out a FE game due to Roy being in Melee, which showed Sakurai's assumption was correct).
So what you're saying is he wanted Roy because he was the most suitable of being a Marth clone? And you apparently even admitted that he was here to advertise the series as a whole. But it's not something that Marth, Ike and any other Fire Emblem character couldn't do. Since I'm pretty sure there are also many who tried out the series because of Marth and/or Ike. I certainly tried out the series because the whole Fire Emblem cast really interested me, and that was mostly because of Marth and Lyn. Not just because Roy was in Melee.

Secondly, I doubt they would give FE13 more than one playable character, especially considering that Chrom and Lucina are pretty similar to one another in terms of their abilities (they even share the same default classes).
Funny how you said Chrom and Lucina when you were countering Anna then. Despite that Anna wouldn't represent FE 13 but the series a whole. She would then basically be on the same boat as Roy. Representing the series in general.

Also, Roy is not competing with the general idea of a FE13 character (Chrom/Lucina/Anna/My Unit). Its just the idea of having Roy back in general that Sakurai needs to be convinced on, not a "third FE spot". Secondly, there is no guarantee that Sakurai even believes FE13 could have a spot, he could simply look at Chrom/Lucina and go "naaa" and represent FE13 through other means like he did with Generation 3 for Pokemon in Brawl.
Neither is Anna, as she wouldn't be competing to be a FE13 character, but one for the entire series. That's one of the reasons why she is even being supported, else any other random unit would have had supporters too. Not because she's just another character in FE13.

As for the polls, I did not use them against Anna, but rather as a picture for her Japanese popularity. The thing is that a lot of people forget, popularity for a certain fanbase can often not translate into requests for Smash Bros. (or even interest for Smash Bros.) FE4 was extremely well-received in Japan, yet Sigurd/Celice received barely any requests/votes relative to Marth in Sakurai's pre-Melee poll. Toad is incredibly popular among Mario fans in Japan and the West, yet demand for him is weaker than several potential Mario newcomers.
Alright I see.

Just look and Chrom and Lucina. In the West, Lucina seems to have more popularity among FE13 fans, yet Chrom receives far more requests than Lucina does despite both having the same abilities. Why? Because Lucina's aesthetically is very similar to Marth, while Chrom does not.
Or it could also be because he's the main face of the game (yes so are Lucina and the Avatar etc) But Chrom is mainly the leader of the Shepherds and all.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

ssbHex

Smash Apprentice
Noler_Mass is correct in the notion that Chrom is underrated around these parts. Seriously, if you've played the game, he's pretty cool.

Yes, the majority of his support comes from his flavour of the week status(like Zoroark and Ghirahim), but when it comes down to it, he's still cool. I think around Smashboards in particular people have realized that a character is not a shoe-in simply because they're recent, and so they start to dislike the idea of it happening entirely. I know this because this happened to me with Ghirahim and Zoroark. Now I don't take those characters seriously anymore, but that's unfair.

Chrom is at least cooler than Ike, in my opinion.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
Noler_Mass is correct in the notion that Chrom is underrated around these parts. Seriously, if you've played the game, he's pretty cool.

Yes, the majority of his support comes from his flavour of the week status(like Zoroark and Ghirahim), but when it comes down to it, he's still cool. I think around Smashboards in particular people have realized that a character is not a shoe-in simply because they're recent, and so they start to dislike the idea of it happening entirely. I know this because this happened to me with Ghirahim and Zoroark. Now I don't take those characters seriously anymore, but that's unfair.

Chrom is at least cooler than Ike, in my opinion.
But zoroark and ghirahim are cool...Doesn't every game need a gay guy? In all honesty I know nothing about ghirahim other than that he's only been in one Zelda game.

All in all I completely get what you say. But Ike is pretty cool though... I think Ike is slightly cool per as well as hector but other than that he's got them beat. I also think ephraims got style.

But Anna isn't very cool though and that pertains to this thread!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Since fire emblem is in both countries it's likely they would go for characters that can appeal to both countries fans. .
And guess which character is the most popular FE character for Smash Bros. in both Japan and the West.

[COLLAPE] :roymelee: [/COLLAPSE]

That's because more people asked for Lyn as a playable character than Hector (that or Lyn was much more feasible to add as an AT due to how little animation frames had to be used for her AT versus the animation frames that it would take for Hector).

http://gonintendo.com/?p=71773

- Masayuki Horikawa (Planning Div. Chief Game Designer, Intelligent Systems) If he were to remake a title, he would choose Fire Emblem: Fūin no Tsurugi. Mr. Horikawa wants a chance to introduce Roy properly.

The interesting thing is that the two other higher-ups that were interviewed,

- Masaki Tawara’s (Nintendo Co., Ltd. Software Planning & Development Division,Software Planning & Development Department, Production Group No. 2, Nintendo) If he were to do another remake, it would be the Super Famicom Fire Emblem title, Fire Emblem: Akaneia Senki. It would be interesting to see how it could be updated for the DS.

A remake of Akaneia Senki was included with FE12.

and

- Tohru Narihiro (executive managing director, Intelligent Systems) A new title with an all-star cast from all the Fire Emblem series would be a fun idea (this is nothing more than opinion, not a confirmation of this happening in any way)

FE13 was basically a FE all-stars in gameplay ideas and in the cast you could get.
So what you're saying is he wanted Roy because he was the most suitable of being a Marth clone? And you apparently even admitted that he was here to advertise the series as a whole. Which he did and succeeded. But it's not something that Marth, Ike and any other Fire Emblem character couldn't do
Sakurai at the very least thought Roy was more up to the task of repping the series as whole than the other lords at the time (Alm, Sigurd, Celice, and Leaf).

Funny how you said Chrom and Lucina when you were countering Anna then. Despite that Anna wouldn't represent FE 13 but the series a whole. She would then basically be on the same boat as Roy. Representing the series in general.
Anna could represent FE13 too in the event that Chrom/Lucina are deemed not interesting enough to be introduced as newcomers. She would certainly not be competing with Roy, because Roy's competition is whether Sakurai believes him to be worthy enough to be brought back, not a particular spot. His very high popularity and Sakurai's intention to bring him back for Smash 4 are good things in favor of this.

Neither is Anna, as she wouldn't be competing to be a FE13 character, but one for the entire series. That's one of the reasons why she is even being supported, else any other random unit would have had supporters too. Not because she's just another character in FE13.
She is also supported because a lot of people think Chrom/Lucina are boring as prospective newcomers, and that unlike other random FE13 units (go to GameFAQs and you will see a lot of support for Tharja to get, but then again GameFAQs is so dumb there are idiots there that claim Daisy in her sports outfit is a separate character than Daisy in a dress), is due to not only Anna having a playable role in FE13 (and being well-received as a character in FE13 if the North American poll is anything to go by), but would also skip the problem of having to represent an epoch to FE, that probably will never be returned to (Lucina's story seems to be wrapped up with the DLC it received).

Or it could also be because he's the main face of the game (yes so are Lucina and the Avatar etc) But Chrom is mainly the leader of the Shepherds and all.
I think you misunderstood me. I was saying that Lucina seems to have more popularity among FE fans, yet among Smash Bros. fans, Lucina is far less requested than Chrom due to her similarities with Marth.

Plus he's got cutscenes and roy doesn't. Honestly there doesn't seem to be any Chrom supporters on this site because the Chrom hate train has eaten them alive...
GBA not being able to handle FMV's is a hardware weakness, not a game/character weakness.

Secondly, Chrom not having more support is not due to the "hate train", but rather even among people who enjoyed FE13 on this site, Chrom is not attractive as a prospective newcomer. If you want to support Chrom why don't you post something in his support topic.

Top Bottom