• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Violence is on sale today - Anna for DLC! * Waiting for new stock! Bear with us here! *

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
If Sakurai is looking for characters who will be feasible in the long term, Anna and Avatar/Robin are pretty much at the forefront.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Most discussions that go off topic are spawned from on topic discussion, remember that, and next time when you think about taking something in a slightly different direction, always make sure that it still pertains to the topic.

The sum of all Anna's roles in the FE games, as well as her potential uniqueness and many cool things she could bring to the game fighting wise as I have pointed out so poignantly before, really sell her (lolololol get it? Sell?).

And at the end of the day, some things, SOME things, not all though, are going to be brought down to opinion, and therein is usually an argument of experience and degree relating to that personal 'empirical' data, remember as well. This world is logical and reasonable in the end.

I think Anna is a worthy risk that would solve a lot of problems for Sakurai and bring a lot to Smash.

ssbHex

Smash Apprentice
LOLOLOLOLOL
I see what you did there.
I paired Nowi with Kellam (I almost forgot his name, how ironic).
And I paired Anna with myself. <3
...I think I missed the boat. What exactly did he do there? Is it common or not?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Man, I was struggling with the 19th chapter for a little bit due to me always getting ganged up by Walhart's army and everytime I do reach him. I get Chrom's butt kicked by either him or one of his soldiers.

Then when I brought Anna to him. She kicked his butt in just one turn! I wasn't kidding when I said that Anna is Awesome! :bee:

Even if Anna doesn't stand a chance for smash bros. I do hope she continues to get playable roles in future Fire Emblem games since she's definitely one of my most favorite units in Awakening.

BarnOwlsRSoAdorable

Smash Apprentice
Add me to the support list! I like this idea! Moveset: B: Steel Sword- Anna slashes quickly B side: Other Anna- one of her infinite sisters attacks B up: Warp- She uses a warp staff to go upwards B down: Double Slash- She slashes twice Final Smash: Annoying Tutorial!- She makes victims in an unnecessary tutorial that has no use for gameplay and the enemy characters in the tutorial attack the victim.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I know I was against Anna before, but after seeing more of her, I completely support Anna for Smash 4. I figure, if I'm going to get behind someone seriously, I want them to have a chance, and Anna certainly has that. Though I still don't support her as much as Lucina/Chrom, she's certainly up there; at the Vaati level for me.
I'm working on a moveset now.
Also, I think Anna's blue costume should have her with blue hair, like in the Hotsprings Scramble DLC level. Minor, but it helps show the numbers of different Anna's out there. Green Anna could also have Green hair, like the Merchant version of Anna.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Anna isn't particularly important to the series. Fire Emblem Awakening is the first time she was ever playable and you could go the entire game without playing the chapter she's recruited in. She only supports with the Avatar character (who supports with everyone) and Tiki, who is technically also another side character.

I see that she's recurring, but I don't really see the point in having her. There's so many more important Fire Emblem characters that have entire games created around them. I think it's better to have those instead.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Anna isn't particularly important to the series. Fire Emblem Awakening is the first time she was ever playable and you could go the entire game without playing the chapter she's recruited in. She only supports with the Avatar character (who supports with everyone) and Tiki, who is technically also another side character.
I see that she's recurring, but I don't really see the point in having her. There's so many more important Fire Emblem characters that have entire games created around them. I think it's better to have those instead.
Well, you believe that, this is solidly in the realm of opinion.
I firmly believe that the sum of all Anna's roles are greater than her parts, making her a believable contender against FE characters with their games built around them, with high future potential.
To be honest I'd like to have 5+ FE reps, though it is very unlikely, and if I'm forced to pick anyone it's Anna.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
Well, you believe that, this is solidly in the realm of opinion.
I firmly believe that the sum of all Anna's roles are greater than her parts, making her a believable contender against FE characters with their games built around them, with high future potential.
To be honest I'd like to have 5+ FE reps, though it is very unlikely, and if I'm forced to pick anyone it's Anna.
Actually it's not much opinion at all. Think of it this way, if they were to take Anna as a character out of every single fire emblem game would it change the story at all? Absolutely not. But if you were to take the lords of every game or the villains of the game out it would change the whole story. Several side characters affect the story to a much greater scale than Anna also. In fact nearly every playable character in their respective games are more important than Anna in that game. In some games like path of radiance which I am currently playing you don't even see Anna unless you play on the easiest difficulty or look at the tutorials. She isn't important that's not opinion at all.

loganhogan

Smash Ace

Other than Marth none of the lords are particularly important to the series either. You have one and come the next game the previous lord ceases to exist, otherwise every single lord would be a requirement but that's impossible. Anna unites the series and it's this potential they can see that she has over the lords.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Actually it's not much opinion at all. Think of it this way, if they were to take Anna as a character out of every single fire emblem game would it change the story at all? Absolutely not. But if you were to take the lords of every game or the villains of the game out it would change the whole story. Several side characters affect the story to a much greater scale than Anna also. In fact nearly every playable character in their respective games are more important than Anna in that game. In some games like path of radiance which I am currently playing you don't even see Anna unless you play on the easiest difficulty or look at the tutorials. She isn't important that's not opinion at all.

I do not think of it that way, and no, it is in the realm of opinion. You speak of comparing Anna to the combination of every Lord in terms of story impact, and you speak of comparing her to the other side characters in the same manner, in both of which she undoubtedly loses. I am stuffing all of the Anna's and her roles in to one banner of Anna to which I direct my support, and in every case I compare this banner to one, single character. I do not consider what would happen if a class of character, such as lord, were removed, I consider if that singular character were removed and replaced, how would they stack against Anna?

As for her utility, though 'non-essential', She drives the DLC, tutorials, mercantile pursuits, etc, she is the most ubiquitous 'character' in the FE series, and these more than make up for her lack of support conversations and story impact. Technically, you don't even have to marry anyone save Chrom, or get Gaius or Tharja, or any of the children save Lucina, does that diminish their character? No, it merely boosts She is comparable to the other side characters in every way.
These are also the grounds on which I measure the Avatar also, though he is non-distinct and customizable (both of which hinder his chances slightly) and changes at each installment, he has the best of both being integral to the story, do not think that means he is not replaceable. Then in regard to The Avatar, she has a sort of distinct advantage, she bears none of the slight drawbacks MU has, her sisters, while distinct, can be rallied under one representative more easily.

Think of it this way. It's like you have a fighting game that pits inanimate objects against each-other. You have things from every area of possible thought, you have 1 rep from transportation, 1 rep from fighting etc. There are a few ways you can go about character selection, you can choose them on the impact they have on the history of man, you can choose them on their utilitarian ability.
You choose Impact on Man, it would look something like this: you pick The Wheel of Mesopotamia, The Sword of Turkey, The Computer of Silicon Valley, The Mill of Greece, The Hoe of Destiny, The Wright Brother's Plane, etc.
If you choose Utility OVER Impact on Man, you get nondescript things: The Wheel, The Sword, The Computer, and so on.

. . . And you don't pick The Gold Coin. Why, you say? "Oh, it never did anything important, it has nothing to do with economics, I mean, any monetary unit can be changed to something else, and we definitely can't put in 'The Non-Descript Monetary Unit.
Then why did you put in The Sword? Why not The Gun? "No reason." The Gold Coin was the old standard, faithful, recurring force of economics. It was THE money throughout most of human history. "Oh, but if you remove it, it won't have much impact." True, it won't have much impact if The Gold Coin never existed, it has no utilitarian value (for all intents, Gold in electronics are counted as in the electronic, and not separate), that is precisely because money is something that is chosen of social phenomena as a medium of exchange, it is non-distinct, and we would lose nothing. So, then, we should have no representative from Money at all? "Sure, fine, but I still want Paper Money, the newest and least replaceable recent addition to Economics (Chrom)." Okay, whatever, yeah, money is somehow not replaceable now, double standard central.

What if you combine the two? All of the sudden Utility becomes conjoined with History/Story, and The Gold Coin (Anna) bears a status as a viable contender with Paper Money (I'd say that's the Truly Unique Robin/MU/Avatar right there) and EVERYTHING else (Chrom, Lucina). In effect, she is the least easily replaceable character in FE that cannot be dealt away with as such going forward to any future installment, even moreso because of her deep root in nearly every game, gold was only replaced because the institutions of man CHOSE so, also, paper money is JUST AN IOU for gold (at least it was at one point), as such she is instituted by IS/the developers in the same manner, a tradition which cannot and will not (probably) be destroyed in ANY future installment. Anna gains this due to her recurrence, iconic stature, and uniqueness, story becomes SECONDARY in this regard. Those are the grounds for comparison, all her roles as a 'non-essential' stack her up to a so called 'essential' character, and beyond.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
You can't buy stuff without Anna.
Importance to the series proven.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Curious as to what Anna's support was pre- Brawl because she was still almost equally as ubiquitous as she is now.
She didn't really have any.

It wasn't until Awakening when people started to think about Anna being in smash.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
I do not think of it that way, and no, it is in the realm of opinion. You speak of comparing Anna to the combination of every Lord in terms of story impact, and you speak of comparing her to the other side characters in the same manner, in both of which she undoubtedly loses. I am stuffing all of the Anna's and her roles in to one banner of Anna to which I direct my support, and in every case I compare this banner to one, single character. I do not consider what would happen if a class of character, such as lord, were removed, I consider if that singular character were removed and replaced, how would they stack against Anna?

As for her utility, though 'non-essential', She drives the DLC, tutorials, mercantile pursuits, etc, she is the most ubiquitous 'character' in the FE series, and these more than make up for her lack of support conversations and story impact. Technically, you don't even have to marry anyone save Chrom, or get Gaius or Tharja, or any of the children save Lucina, does that diminish their character? No, it merely boosts She is comparable to the other side characters in every way.
These are also the grounds on which I measure the Avatar also, though he is non-distinct and customizable (both of which hinder his chances slightly) and changes at each installment, he has the best of both being integral to the story, do not think that means he is not replaceable. Then in regard to The Avatar, she has a sort of distinct advantage, she bears none of the slight drawbacks MU has, her sisters, while distinct, can be rallied under one representative more easily.

Think of it this way. It's like you have a fighting game that pits inanimate objects against each-other. You have things from every area of possible thought, you have 1 rep from transportation, 1 rep from fighting etc. There are a few ways you can go about character selection, you can choose them on the impact they have on the history of man, you can choose them on their utilitarian ability.
You choose Impact on Man, it would look something like this: you pick The Wheel of Mesopotamia, The Sword of Turkey, The Computer of Silicon Valley, The Mill of Greece, The Hoe of Destiny, The Wright Brother's Plane, etc.
If you choose Utility OVER Impact on Man, you get nondescript things: The Wheel, The Sword, The Computer, and so on.

. . . And you don't pick The Gold Coin. Why, you say? "Oh, it never did anything important, it has nothing to do with economics, I mean, any monetary unit can be changed to something else, and we definitely can't put in 'The Non-Descript Monetary Unit.
Then why did you put in The Sword? Why not The Gun? "No reason." The Gold Coin was the old standard, faithful, recurring force of economics. It was THE money throughout most of human history. "Oh, but if you remove it, it won't have much impact." True, it won't have much impact if The Gold Coin never existed, it has no utilitarian value (for all intents, Gold in electronics are counted as in the electronic, and not separate), that is precisely because money is something that is chosen of social phenomena as a medium of exchange, it is non-distinct, and we would lose nothing. So, then, we should have no representative from Money at all? "Sure, fine, but I still want Paper Money, the newest and least replaceable recent addition to Economics (Chrom)." Okay, whatever, yeah, money is somehow not replaceable now, double standard central.

What if you combine the two? All of the sudden Utility becomes conjoined with History/Story, and The Gold Coin (Anna) bears a status as a viable contender with Paper Money (I'd say that's the Truly Unique Robin/MU/Avatar right there) and EVERYTHING else (Chrom, Lucina). In effect, she is the least easily replaceable character in FE that cannot be dealt away with as such going forward to any future installment, even moreso because of her deep root in nearly every game, gold was only replaced because the institutions of man CHOSE so, also, paper money is JUST AN IOU for gold (at least it was at one point), as such she is instituted by IS/the developers in the same manner, a tradition which cannot and will not (probably) be destroyed in ANY future installment. Anna gains this due to her recurrence, iconic stature, and uniqueness, story becomes SECONDARY in this regard. Those are the grounds for comparison, all her roles as a 'non-essential' stack her up to a so called 'essential' character, and beyond.
Like I'm serious right now round of applause for that short novel you wrote. It's pretty trippy too I'm serious I might write a song with lyrics like this.:laugh:

But back on topic, I have one pretty major qualm with what you wrote. No I'm not going to question your knowledge of economics and stuff that is so besides the point and I got the general picture. But my issue is that you relate Anna to a gold coin, an object that itself has caused a huge impact throughout all of human history. But the thing is Anna cannot be related to a gold coin just because she is reoccurring. Her importance to the series itself does not relate to the importance of the gold coin to human history. I think she is more comparable to the common pebble. Yeah it's always been around but has it really made a difference in anything? It's just kind of there... Sure it may have staying power since its been around forever and isn't something that is an age to age thing, but it still doesn't have the importance to be in the hall of fame of... Things. Just because something has only been around for a short time doesn't mean it doesn't deserve inclusion. Like the iron for example (don't hate on my logic I've never been great at history just bear with me). It had its time where every weapon was made of iron, and all of the powerful nations had it, but then when steel came around, the usefulness of iron made weapons faded into obscurity. But that doesn't change how memorable iron is. It would still be in the hall of fame of things ahead of the common pebble.

Basically what I am saying is that while Anna has been in nearly every game she plays such a minor role that it wouldn't make enough sense to add her in the first place. I think the fact that she wasn't considered for brawl speaks so much to her actual importance. No one knew who she was and then people see her in awakening as a playable character which fixes her more in there minds, and they use the fact that she has been in every game as justification to what they think. Even though nobody even remotely thought she was possible in the brawl era since she has only had slightly more major roles. It's kind of like a random first gen pokemon, say grimer:088:Grimer has been in every single pokemon game yet he is not even considered as a character because he is unimportant to the series even though he has been in every game.

And to fastblade I would ask him to ponder this: how easy is it to make a different shop keeper? Not that hard. How easy is it to create the protagonist of a game? Takes a bit of effort.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Anna is progressively getting more and more important though.

That's something!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
She only ran the secret shops.
So she should be a secret character. :p

As for the discussion between Noler_Mass and Monk4, I believe it's an opinion. Her role in the games in obviously a small one, but it's not something that can be directly measured and a definite conclusion be drawn based on that as to whether she is deserving or not. Yes, it can be compared though, that is it less than a lord, say Chrom.

As I see it, Anna is in an odd position now. While she is not as important to the story as a lord, she is more important than other recruit-able characters in the games due her recurring status, being present in the series since it's inception and being a mascot of the series in Japan. It remains to be seen if future Fire Emblem titles put more in the spotlight.

Building up support for her now can be useful for her to get into Smash 5 if not Smash 4, as she is the only Fire Emblem character who has a much better long term viability. As long as Fire Emblem and Smash exist, it will never be too late for her inclusion.

/rant

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
So she should be a secret character. :p

As for the discussion between Noler_Mass and Monk4, I believe it's an opinion. Her role in the games in obviously a small one, but it's not something that can be directly measured and a definite conclusion be drawn based on that as to whether she is deserving or not. Yes, it can be compared though, that is it less than a lord, say Chrom.

As I see it, Anna is in an odd position now. While she is not as important to the story as a lord, she is more important than other recruit-able characters in the games due her recurring status, being present in the series since it's inception and being a mascot of the series in Japan. It remains to be seen if future Fire Emblem titles put more in the spotlight.

Building up support for her now can be useful for her to get into Smash 5 if not Smash 4, as she is the only Fire Emblem character who has a much better long term viability. As long as Fire Emblem and Smash exist, it will never be too late for her inclusion.

/rant
I think being added to any smash game will require her to be more prevalent even though she is reoccurring. And personally I think her status in awakening is about as prevalent as she is gonna get.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I read in an interview that, if it tanked, Awakening would be the last Fire Emblem so maybe that's why Anna was made playable after all these years.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I read in an interview that, if it tanked, Awakening would be the last Fire Emblem so maybe that's why Anna was made playable after all these years.
I don't get the relation. @_@

Are you implying that they made Anna playable in an effort to boost sales?
Or that they felt it would be Anna's last appearance, so made her playable as a tribute to her?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
I don't get the relation. @_@

Are you implying that they made Anna playable in an effort to boost sales?
Or that they felt it would be Anna's last appearance, so made her playable as a tribute to her?
I read that too and I also read that the good people at IS wanted to throw in everything that they really wanted to do in a fire emblem game since it could be the last one. Obviously one of the things they wanted to do is make Anna playable.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Like I'm serious right now round of applause for that short novel you wrote. It's pretty trippy too I'm serious I might write a song with lyrics like this.:laugh:

But back on topic, I have one pretty major qualm with what you wrote. No I'm not going to question your knowledge of economics and stuff that is so besides the point and I got the general picture. But my issue is that you relate Anna to a gold coin, an object that itself has caused a huge impact throughout all of human history. But the thing is Anna cannot be related to a gold coin just because she is reoccurring. Her importance to the series itself does not relate to the importance of the gold coin to human history. I think she is more comparable to the common pebble. Yeah it's always been around but has it really made a difference in anything? It's just kind of there... Sure it may have staying power since its been around forever and isn't something that is an age to age thing, but it still doesn't have the importance to be in the hall of fame of... Things. Just because something has only been around for a short time doesn't mean it doesn't deserve inclusion. Like the iron for example (don't hate on my logic I've never been great at history just bear with me). It had its time where every weapon was made of iron, and all of the powerful nations had it, but then when steel came around, the usefulness of iron made weapons faded into obscurity. But that doesn't change how memorable iron is. It would still be in the hall of fame of things ahead of the common pebble.

Basically what I am saying is that while Anna has been in nearly every game she plays such a minor role that it wouldn't make enough sense to add her in the first place. I think the fact that she wasn't considered for brawl speaks so much to her actual importance. No one knew who she was and then people see her in awakening as a playable character which fixes her more in there minds, and they use the fact that she has been in every game as justification to what they think. Even though nobody even remotely thought she was possible in the brawl era since she has only had slightly more major roles. It's kind of like a random first gen pokemon, say grimer:088:Grimer has been in every single pokemon game yet he is not even considered as a character because he is unimportant to the series even though he has been in every game.

And to fastblade I would ask him to ponder this: how easy is it to make a different shop keeper? Not that hard. How easy is it to create the protagonist of a game? Takes a bit of effort.
This response has been too long coming (sorry :p).
Thank you, sir, and yes, I have the same qualm, but only slightly, it is not as good of an analogy as I like, but consider this: When weighing story alone, one would have a tough time distinguishing the importance of gold over any other 'gelden', or exchange material, especially with the much older standard, cattle from which the word came where we see possibly the earliest example of an exchange good in the expansion of the uniqueness of economics, and gold's ever present, and sometimes more prevalent partner, silver, and quite the same can be said with paper money, which does in today's world, surpass all (even though nowadays it's from state mandate :mad:), it is the cause of more deals that have shaped the world than ever before, they're just not as epic due to the expansion and frequency of these deals nowadays. The same is said for utility, who is to say what the exchange material could be? Arguably, paper money has been far more influential.

When one has a healthy balance of the two, which is how I try to view characters I want in Smash, other, more unique factors come into play. As a component that plays off of both utility and story is novelty, iconic status, metastory (fanon?), and a multivariate of other things which are not considered otherwise. Take R.O.B. or G&W for example, it's not so outlandish to apply the same exact principles to a specific series. Gold is incredibly novel, it was used often in Europe and parts of Asia for much of the time (even though ultimately, cattle exchange dominated earlier Europe and was even viable in the Renaissance, when silver and other luxury goods were also prevalent), it is also used endlessly in video games and outside representations of the real world as the resource that drives much, RTS, TBS, RPG, Turn Based Tactical Role Playing Game, FPS, you name it! It's an icon that will last the ages, mostly as that specific tradition, as IS has set up, Anna will undoubtedly be in many, many more FE games to come, and just as Swampasaur said, her importance can only go up from here, I don't buy into taking the AVERAGE of her roles, which is what you guys seem to be doing, but the SUM of her roles. Anna is also compared to the gold coin because she is probably the least easy to get rid of, IS won't replace her for anyone, ever (probably :3). Basically, I'm downplaying the importance of story, gold's impact on the world, and more speaking of the field of economics exclusively in conjunction with the others, and the place she has in FE that is exclusive.
Oh, I just thought of something. You know how we use gold in all our electronics? Well, there are other conductive materials out there, all of which are perfectly fine to use also, but we use gold due to its prevalence. It's not entirely necessary, it's not entirely necessary to have Anna either, but IS still does it. They have a good way and excuse to provide nearly anything through this merchant face of DLC the sum of her roles greater than the parts blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda.

Story influence: not much, but it can only get more.
Utility in FE: not too much, but is magnified, I would say exponentially, by the post-utility consideration tradition IS has selected to use her in a variety of ways.
Other factors: through the roof!

I think I talked about the Argument of Degrees with you (or was that someone else?) quite a few pages back, and I think I've already addressed through my gold and economics analogy relating to IS's tradition that Fastblade's 'different shop keeper' thing doesn't matter. Difficulty of creation has absolutely nothing to do with it. This thread is also my hopes that her value will be considered again by Sakurai as it was not in Brawl and such. . . who am I kidding, they'll never see this! :( Just maybe, though. . . Oh, and on value itself, there is no such thing as an observable, objective value in economics, all human estimations of value are subjective to their individual wants, it's how mutual benefit exists :3

That being said, Anna's position is completely unique, I know of no other game that has anyone like Anna nearly like she is, especially in the context of how FE differs from other games in their characters and mechanics. Hence why analogies usually fall short, gold was as close as I could get, and pebbles CERTAINLY don't cover her position anywhere near as well. As the side note to your iron thing, iron remained important after steel was introduced, even MORESO, because steel is made from iron, and was also expensive (in all terms of cost) to produce, then the Bessemer process came along! <3 And aluminum etc. It's one of the reasons I say it's mostly in the realm of opinion :p

To compare an FE character whose position is wholly unique in the series to any Pokemon is really. . . folly, impossible even, FE and Pokemon cannot be regarded in the same terms, at any time. The closest relatable (lol google dictionary doesn't know the word 'relatable', I've encountered this far too much) character would probably be Pikachu, but he got in because every other pokemon was a pebble, while he was a far more shinier rock, like marble or something, hmm? He's nothing notable, but his special consideration outside of the video game influence itself is exactly what I see, even more so, in Anna. All FE characters are of a higher base stature, and Anna's stature independent of theirs is, in my mind, far a worthy contender. I actually think this is rather a conversation about what we would consider 'stature', another reason it's opinion rather than 'convention'!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
ବାପା! (Translation: Good Lord!)

That's a huge wall of text there. You definitely are a philosopher, MonK4, aren't you?

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
ବାପା! (Translation: Good Lord!)
That's a huge wall of text there. You definitely are a philosopher, MonK4, aren't you?
I just graduated a public high school. In Illinois. The Department of Education should be abolished, so too all federal regulations on education!
I wish I were a philosopher, but there's still so much to read, I have mountains of essays, books, articles, studies which I want to check the validity of methodology of, but I need the motivation, part of the reason I stir things up online, if someone confronts me and my ridiculous statements, I am forced to form or find a more perfect truth, and I become inflamed with the desire for wisdom and the thirst for justice. Blessed are they. . .

ANNA FOR SMASH!

Edit: Oh, and thanks!

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I am going to read this whole post at some point but not yet. But once again, that's a Lott of writing applaud this man for the book he wrote. Are you looking to get it published?:lick:
wats publishin? O:
Wait, can I get my talks about support of Anna published in some sort of essay? Can I self publish?!? That would be the coolest thing ever! I would totally send it overseas to Japan!
I would call it "Anna's Special Consideration as a Smash Brothers Potential Newcomer." or "No One Sells an Argument Like Anna." or "Anna: Almost as Good as Gaston and Far More Likely."
Thank you once again, sir *bow*

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
wats publishin? O:
Wait, can I get my talks about support of Anna published in some sort of essay? Can I self publish?!? That would be the coolest thing ever! I would totally send it overseas to Japan!
I would call it "Anna's Special Consideration as a Smash Brothers Potential Newcomer." or "No One Sells an Argument Like Anna." or "Anna: Almost as Good as Gaston and Far More Likely."
Thank you once again, sir *bow*
NOBODY IS LESS LIKELY THAN GASTON!!

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
While I don't think Anna's likely to get in over Chrom or Lucina, if Sakurai were to decide to add a third Fire Emblem character, I think Anna has a good chance for that spot. As far as non-lord characters go, she has some of the bigger importance, even if not strictly story importance. Shouzou Kaga made the conscious effort to put Anna in every game (minus Gaiden). As someone mentioned earlier on, it's easy to make another shopkeeper, and I think that speaks to Anna's importance. Anna is a character created by Shouzou Kaga, the creator of the original 6 Fire Emblem games, and he slipped her in every game, with the exception of Fire Emblem Gaiden. Not only did Kaga take Anna after he left Intelligent Systems and put her in a completely different game, but IS continued to use Anna, instead of making a new shopkeeper, localizing their new games, and even now emphasize her importance, making her a playable character in Awakening. I think Anna's importance in the series is now rising even more, and while I don't think she deserves in more than Chrom or Lucina, I would definitely support her as a third representative.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
While I don't think Anna's likely to get in over Chrom or Lucina, if Sakurai were to decide to add a third Fire Emblem character, I think Anna has a good chance for that spot. As far as non-lord characters go, she has some of the bigger importance, even if not strictly story importance. Shouzou Kaga made the conscious effort to put Anna in every game (minus Gaiden). As someone mentioned earlier on, it's easy to make another shopkeeper, and I think that speaks to Anna's importance. Anna is a character created by Shouzou Kaga, the creator of the original 6 Fire Emblem games, and he slipped her in every game, with the exception of Fire Emblem Gaiden. Not only did Kaga take Anna after he left Intelligent Systems and put her in a completely different game, but IS continued to use Anna, instead of making a new shopkeeper, localizing their new games, and even now emphasize her importance, making her a playable character in Awakening. I think Anna's importance in the series is now rising even more, and while I don't think she deserves in more than Chrom or Lucina, I would definitely support her as a third representative.
I'll accept any support for Anna there is, thanks! (Nice avatar).

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hm, you make a good point.

@Frost
I think this should be added to the OP.

Top Bottom