• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Villians For Brawl

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
Woah, woah, woah, woah... Why is everyone insulting Zant? Listen, I'll tell you why he's so lame in the "final" fight with him.

~Three years ago~

(Miyamoto is sitting in his office playing with a Link and Mario action figures)
(Aonuma busts in)

"Hey, Shiggy, we've got the plotline drafted down and we're beginning the work on Twilight Princess. It should come out late this year!"
(Shiggy looks at it.)

"Where is Gannondorf?"
"..."
"Uh... We were actually planning on not having Gannondorf in the game, Zant's the bad guy."
"NOOOOOOOOOOO! YOU PUT GANNON IN GAME OR YOU FIRED!"
"But we've made a really cool battle at the end of the game with Zant..."
"MAKE IT LAAAAAAME! I NOT CARE! MAKE FIGHT WITH GANNON BETTAH!"
(Aonuma walks out)

"Crap. To add in that stuff we're going to have to push the deadline back... About three years."
To quote a certain someone...

GANNON-BANNED!!!! x4 Multiplier!!!

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Woah, woah, woah, woah... Why is everyone insulting Zant? Listen, I'll tell you why he's so lame in the "final" fight with him.

~Three years ago~

(Miyamoto is sitting in his office playing with a Link and Mario action figures)
(Aonuma busts in)

"Hey, Shiggy, we've got the plotline drafted down and we're beginning the work on Twilight Princess. It should come out late this year!"
(Shiggy looks at it.)

"Where is Gannondorf?"
"..."
"Uh... We were actually planning on not having Gannondorf in the game, Zant's the bad guy."
"NOOOOOOOOOOO! YOU PUT GANNON IN GAME OR YOU FIRED!"
"But we've made a really cool battle at the end of the game with Zant..."
"MAKE IT LAAAAAAME! I NOT CARE! MAKE FIGHT WITH GANNON BETTAH!"
(Aonuma walks out)

"Crap. To add in that stuff we're going to have to push the deadline back... About three years."
Thank you Vagrant... but I can't pass this up...

GANNON-BANNED!!!! C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!!!

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Not gonna lie. I agree that Ganondorf > Zant > Vaati. I've played the games and love all three of them, and I can see many people having a more valid argument for Vaati over Zant, but Zant's current and just too ****ing awesome. At the VERY least, make him an AT.

In a perfect world, we'd have all three as playable.
In a decent world, we'd have Dorf playable as well as either Vaati or Zant, while the other is an AT.
In the real world, we'll probably have Dorf and Sheik, and Vaati and Zant will probably be left on the cutting room floor. Why? To spite me and the other villian lovers.

Noshiee

Smash Ace

Dimentio

able to jump multiple times (like kirby)

Standard B = Shot one of his magic thingys, can be charge to shot 3 in an arc.
Up B= Dissapear in a Paper Mario fassion, and reappear in a 360' angle like Zelda.
Down B= He will create a copy of himself that willl chase a character (staryu's way) and shot one of his magic thingys and then dissapear. It will dissapear after 3 seconds if it havent get to his target and can be killed. One copy per time.
Side B = Create a transparent box in front of him that in 1 1/2 seconds will create a big explosion. One box per time.

Taunt = Snaps his fingers

Final Smash = Creates lots of copies of himself that attack players with those magic thingys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIxOgGsa8YM
you can see his attacks right here, even his taunt at the end of the video.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion

Dimentio

able to jump multiple times (like kirby)

Standard B = Shot one of his magic thingys, can be charge to shot 3 in an arc.
Up B= Dissapear in a Paper Mario fassion, and reappear in a 360' angle like Zelda.
Down B= He will create a copy of himself that willl chase a character (staryu's way) and shot one of his magic thingys and then dissapear. It will dissapear after 3 seconds if it havent get to his target and can be killed. One copy per time.
Side B = Create a transparent box in front of him that in 1 1/2 seconds will create a big explosion. One box per time.

Taunt = Snaps his fingers

Final Smash = Creates lots of copies of himself that attack players with those magic thingys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIxOgGsa8YM
you can see his attacks right here, even his taunt at the end of the video.
It kind of fits in with Brawl having different dimensions in which different Nintendo characters inhabit, but like jimmysilverrims said, he might not be in unless "Paper" Mario is in.

evanbobstar

Smash Rookie
This is just a guess but I would say
Ridley
Star Wolf
Black Shadow
K Rool
King dedede

This doesn't include the ones already confirmed.

PS: I think there will be a knew zelda villian or character from TP but I have now idea who it could be.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Someone is using my avatar!!! No!

Anyway...I don't see the big deal with Zant...Ganondorf could desimate him with the power he has just in one of his fingers...

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Mr. L should totally be a palette swap of Luigi.

EDIT: Also, do we need more F-Zero representation? We got CF (almost definitely) and Goroh.
Perhaps Black Shadow? He WAS on Sakurai's character poll.

Also, I just had a crazy idea... what if Mr. L was working for the Subspace army! What a plot twist that would be!

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
Yes, Mr. L should be an alternate costume for Luigi, just not so papery.

In addition, I hope that Wolf could be an alternate costume for Fox if he isn't a PC.

And to the F-Zero representatives, I think that eventually every franchise will have more than one representative, DK is getting more representatives, why not F-Zero, Yoshi, WarioWare, or Earthbound/MOTHER.

EDIT: I think we shuld make a list guessing what villians for each franchize would be working with the Subspace Army

Whisk

Smash Apprentice
ew not Zant he was a cornball at the end
Just because a character's crazy or lame doesn't mean they shouldn't be in Brawl. As a matter of fact, Zelda series needs a more crazy/comical rep for the series, to show that not all villians are the same.

` Uh oh -- here comes the anger!
(not specifically at a single person but the group of people who bash this character)

I'm seriously sick of seeing people insult Zant. I don't see why people hate him so much; he's a unique villian and interesting character. Oh, is it because you wanted him to be badass just like Ganondorf but didn't get your wish? He would've been kind of boring if he was like that, you know. And whats wrong with having a comical character in Brawl? What made the Smash series unique--it was a fighting game with comic releif. And yet out of all villians/Zelda characters that have been listed, it seems Zant is singled out and insulted the most. I seriously don't see peoples' problem with him.

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one sticking up for him.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Good point, Zant is a villian and isn't a bad@$$ but that's not a bbad thing. People think Zant is too lame or crazy, but they support nutty villians like K. Rool and Dedede. Zant is unique, wether he's nuts or not is irrelevant. I've even heard support for Fawful FAWFUL! He's the most insane character in the history of Mario! Zant is a good character and deserves to be in Brawl. He may act nuts and even to the extent of goofy but that shouldn't effect his chances at all. He acted childish in the final battle of TP, but does that make him any less of a cool villian?

ZANT FOR BRAWL!!!

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
Mr. L should totally be a palette swap of Luigi.

EDIT: Also, do we need more F-Zero representation? We got CF (almost definitely) and Goroh.
Assuming CF is in, that's only one playable character from that series. That seems kind of lame...

Whisk

Smash Apprentice
Good point, Zant is a villian and isn't a bad@$$ but that's not a bbad thing. People think Zant is too lame or crazy, but they support nutty villians like K. Rool and Dedede. Zant is unique, wether he's nuts or not is irrelevant. I've even heard support for Fawful FAWFUL! He's the most insane character in the history of Mario! Zant is a good character and deserves to be in Brawl. He may act nuts and even to the extent of goofy but that shouldn't effect his chances at all. He acted childish in the final battle of TP, but does that make him any less of a cool villian?

ZANT FOR BRAWL!!!
All I can say is: Quoted for Truth.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Exactly! Two characters in every franchise! It's painful to see one character alone in his own franchise, it seems so lonly. And now DK gets a partner in the form of Diddy, why stop there? A partner for Samus and Kirby aren't far behind. It just seems unfair that there are so many characters in the Mario and Pokemon franchises. Why not make it more even? Why not... have eveyone have a villian? Gasp! That's exactly what this thread is about!

Top Bottom