• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Viewtiful Joe

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
Hey what you guys think about Viewtiful Joe being in Brawl. He looks pretty cool to me and he has a few games (three if I'm not mistaken). Maybe he would be pretty fast and his special attack would be going in fast speed mode or however is called and do a 200+ hit combo. :lick:

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
asianpride3491 said:
Ive thought about this, but dont know enough about him to make a decision on my own. More the merrier i say (as long as they were Nintendo)
Joe is Capcom, sad to say.

Wolf E. Urameshi

Smash Journeyman
Yes, Joe is Capcom-ish, but it's not a bad idea. I just don't think it might be possible. It's the same problem I stated in the Megaman thread in this same sub-forum: Licensing matters.

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
Zero FX said:
Oh I didn't even knew... well but he still has his chance of getting in though.
Since that scene with Snake i really cant say anything... Because if Snake can make it, then anyone can make it, ofcourse if the other companies give the rights...

asianpride3491

Smash Ace
Remember though, Snake has been considered since Melee, and the guy from Konami practically begged them to put Snake in. Who else in the industry would be begging to put their character in S2B2?

Light

Smash Journeyman
asianpride3491 said:
Remember though, Snake has been considered since Melee, and the guy from Konami practically begged them to put Snake in. Who else in the industry would be begging to put their character in S2B2?
Anyone interested in money, which is pretty much everyone.

Wolf E. Urameshi

Smash Journeyman
Yeah... That's a valid point. It's on Wikipedia: Snake's creator, Hideo Kojima, wanted Snake to be on Smash since a long time ago. It was supposed to be on Melee but development was too advanced for him to be in.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
As much as I like Veiwtiful Joe, ever since Capcom went back on their promise, I have been against him being in the Game. Not only because he isn't a Nintendo exclusive anymore, but because they betrayed us. Curse them all.

Shiri

Smash Chump
commonyoshi said:
As much as I like Veiwtiful Joe, ever since Capcom went back on their promise, I have been against him being in the Game. Not only because he isn't a Nintendo exclusive anymore, but because they betrayed us. Curse them all.
:yoshi: This man speaks the cold, hard truth.

Except for the "curse them all" part. I'm all about spreading the love.

<3

pinoyfox

Smash Cadet
final fantasy 7 the advent children look Cloud or sephroth how ever u spell his name or tiffa or barret that big ol gun? your thoughts. cloud with that big sword oh yeah and give ganondorf back his sword make it like if u want to use the sword or not. different way of fighting hmm interesting how i think of these things i dont know

Leader of Team = D (Equals Death) and its not a Happy Face because you wont be happy when your Dead The only one happy its goin to be me = D now thats my happy face haha
Leader- F$=D
(Fox $hine = Death)
Second in command- P7=D
(Pikachu 7ail = Death) and for all u dumb@$$3$. ( 7ail= Tail )

Eternal Smasher

Smash Ace
Viewtiful Joe, in my opinion, would be a near-perfect addition to Smash. A moveset wouldn't be hard to find at all, and his VFX could really screw things up in a fight. Alastor wouldn't be too bad either.

Omeganon

Smash Apprentice
Viewtiful joe will be greatest in SSBB he will put "slow motion" between battle, or use any of his own attacs, but remember he have a game in this style, Viewtiful Joe Red Hot Rumble, it's a SSBM but with his own party, I really think that he can't go in the brawl, and rockman/megaman it's hardest than joe, Capcom is a monster on fighting games they won't join to the franchise of nintendo, they failed with games as power stone, power stone2 were pretty good games but not have the magic of nintendo characters, they were famous with the Street Fighter sagas (too many) but, join with nintendo, will be something to see and believe( and yes capcom made the marvelous game resident evil 4 for gcn)................................................... END

Bony Grunt

Smash Cadet
They should just take out Falcon and use him! Think about it - doesn't it look like Joe should do all Falcon's moves? Except he wouldn't say "Falcon _"

Eternal Smasher

Smash Ace
I made this in the other VJ thread, forgetting this one existed.

Eternal Smasher said:
A: Simple Jab.
A, A: Two Jabs.
A, A, A (repeated): Red-Hot One Hundred. The faster A is pressed, the faster the flurry will fly.

U-Tilt: A standing uppercut.
F-Tilt: An axe kick. Spike much like Falco's.
D-Tilt: A crouching trip kick.

U-Smash: Joe performs a sideways helicpoter kick (Zoom Kick). The longer it's charged, the more he spins. Attacks on all sides.
F-Smash: Joe performs a powerful thrust punch forward.
D-Smash: Joe performs a sliding kick straight ahead.

B: Voomerang. Joe grabs his V-Emblem and launches it at his opponents. Chargeable. The Voomerang flies almost erratically, making it hard to predict and dodge. Dramatically reduces fall speed.
Forward-B: Slow VFX/Mach Speed VFX. Joe's attack power doubles and time moves at 1/2 speed for up to 10 seconds/Joe moves at twice the speed for up to 10 seconds. Alternating. Both can only be used once per minute.
Up-B: Corkscrew Jump (Zoom Jump). Joe spins upwards and/or diagonally in two different directions. Hits multiple times.
Down-B: Red-Hot Kick/Red-Hot Corkscrew/Stomp. Without VFX, Joe perfoms a aerial, falling kick at a 45 degree angle, which bounces off opponents and therefore can be performed twice in a row. With the Slow VFX, Joe performs an aerial, falling corkscrew kick at a 45 degree angle, which sets opponents ablaze and deals heavy damage. With the Mach Speed VFX, Joe performs a two-footed stomp straight down at an immense speed. The shockwaves produced upon landing do multiple hits. Meteor Smash. All 3 attacks, when done on the ground, cause Joe to jump up half the distance of his normal jump.

U-Air: A backflip kick done with one foot.
D-Air: A simplified version of the Stomp. Meteor Smash.
F-Air: A one-two-kick combo, the kick providing the most knockback.
B-Air: A backwards dropkick.
N-Air: Joe's signature kick, seen on the covers of Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2.

Dash Attack: A headbutt with the V-Emblem providing the impact.

Grab: Joe grabs with both hands. As a grab attack, Joe hits the opponent with his knee.
U-Throw: Joe backflips, kicking the opponent upwards.
F-Throw: Joe brings the enemy over his head and flings him/her straight ahead.
D-Throw: Joe slams the opponent to the ground and elbows him/her.
B-Throw: Joe performs a sort of psuedo-suplex behind him.

Taunt: Joe eats a cheeseburger in one gulp, exclaims "Mmm, yummy!", and resumes fighting.

Yes, he's very special. Originally I was gonna add Viewtiful Forever as a Forward-B counter-attack when done at the right time, but...nope. That could be his Super Smash.

Super Smash: Viewtiful Forever. Joe jumps up from the stage's center and performs a pose too Viewtiful for words, which is followed by massive cheers and applause. As soon as the pose is struck, there is a large, bright flash of white light, which knocks away and damages all opponents in the vicinity. Medium damage, high knockback.
Like it? Wanna alter it?

Geph

Smash Cadet
To quote someone in the duplicate (locked) topic:
Takalth said:
The problem with Joe is trying to pull off his abilities. It isn't his attack moves that make him cool, it's things like Slow-mo and Mach speed used in conjunction with attacks.
It's not that I don't like Viewtiful Joe, it was acutally one of my favorite games. It's that I haven't been able to come up with a way to put him in smash that does him justice.
I think I'd rather have no V-Joe than have V-Joe who is without VFX powers.

Takalth

Smash Ace
perhaps, though slow motion would be a drawback that people would just use up while their oppoent was dying or recovering. I still don't think he would be as cool in Smash as he is in his own game, though.

However, I do like your super move suggestion.

EDIT: This post is in response to EternalSmasher's suggested moveset. My overall opinion on Joe was quoted in the post above this.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I dont know guess he would be cool, mach speed ans slow speed are his attack i think, slow speed so he can get to the stage easier and mach speed to go very fast, guess that could work

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
Eternal Smasher said:
I made this in the other VJ thread, forgetting this one existed.

Like it? Wanna alter it?
I think a nice forward smash for Joe would be like a faster version of captain falcon's forward smash in the 64 version. That kick would look cool on Joe.

Pyr0

Smash Ace
Henshin a go-go baby!

man VJ would rock in this game it would rock

& the punching attack its "The red hot 100"

PhantomEdge

Smash Journeyman
he wood be a good choice for brawl, but ive been wondering for a long time if any of his games are worth playing?

tirkaro

Smash Champion
his games are cetainly worth playing. if you havent played one, you should NOW!
anyway, VJ rocks. I hope he gets in brawl in some way, even as an item.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
If Capcom didn't release Viewtiful Joe to other systems, his chances wouldn't have been cut in half :( I'd take Joe for brawl over Megaman anyday

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
Viewtiful Joe was one of the first characters I thought of when Snake was mentioned. Sadly, I think if any third party characters are introduced, they should be legends. Within Nintendo, characters like Ness and ICe Climbers can sneak in, but if they aren't Nintendo, they had better be all stars. That said, if Joe was included, I'd jump for joy.

Met

Smash Ace
You could not possiblely make a him have moves that would slow down time or speed it up dont be stupid that would never work. Besides They wouldn't put vj in there even if they could, megaman attracts many more people. So naturally they would put him in because it would increase the number of people who would want to buy the game. I hate threads like this where people just fool themselves into thinking it could possibley happen to get some character that a handfull of people like.:mad:

KidSmash

Smash Journeyman
he did appear in a smash-like game of his own, and he was pretty cool, and most of the people like him

yeah i think he has a good chance :)

Zeee

Smash Journeyman
You know what?
Since Falcon has that GAY pink and white costume looks almost like VGjoe's costume....
MAKE FALCON HAVE A VJOE COSTUME OMG!!!

MINDGAMES!!!!

Who saw that coming????!!!!!

what? You did!?

FAIR!!!!! KNEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really VJoe should at least have his costume in the game.
If heh really made it into the game.... well... He'd most likely be a clone of falcon... without the knee... OMG I FORGOT TO CAP "KNEE!!!!"

Top Bottom