• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Videogamers obsession with Chuck Norris: Why?

Illussionary

Smash Journeyman
Really lol. Seems like for every game I play people just have a beef with Chuck Norris... I've heard some crazy stuff about Chuck to, like "Chuck Norris is so ghetto he eats his soup with a fork." Like seriously though, that doesn't make any sense, so why do most videogamers make fun of Chuck so much?

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Really lol. Seems like for every game I play people just have a beef with Chuck Norris... I've heard some crazy stuff about Chuck to, like "Chuck Norris is so ghetto he eats his soup with a fork." Like seriously though, that doesn't make any sense, so why do most videogamers make fun of Chuck so much?
These uncultured troglodytes don't understand internet memes so they take out their frustrations on Chuck Norris.

Sonic_keyblade

Smash Apprentice
When Chuck norris does a push up, he doesn't push himself up, he pushes the earth down.

Chuck Norris's calender goes from march 29th to april 2nd. No one fools Chuck Norris.

Those don't sound like making fun... more like praise.

~rh

Smash Lord
Chuck Norris is their punching bag when gamers get 4stocked, headshot, or OCV'd.

In my eyes, he's the universal punching bag for losing gamers.

Goldberg

Smash Apprentice
I don't think people make fun OF Chuck Norris (it's impossible), even he has laughed on TV at all the Chuck Norris jokes around.

If someone can't shut up about him just say "only noobs can't get over old memes", since they obviously don't know what an old meme is.

Mokai

Smash Apprentice
I love Chuck Norris because because he beat up Ike's friends. With a single roundhouse kick. To the face.

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
Chuck Norris can believe it 's not butter.

Some people worship God. God worships Chuck Norris. Chuck Norris is so good he can worship himself.

It should be praise.............I can't understand why people would badger him. He was that good on Walker: Texas Ranger that he deserves a oad of praise..............and some awards.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Point of the story?

People like to be part of something, even if it's lame and overdone.

a lot of overused internet memes eventually get pretty annoying to read.

Just.
Isn't.
Funny.
Anymore.
In a nutshell. Blackadder, wherever you are, thank you.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
chuck norris did my moms but no 1 in my family carred.

im not obsess with him but he is pretty cool :pikachu:

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
This fad needs to die.

No, seriously. I'm so over it.

Blackadder

Smash Master
In a nutshell. Blackadder, wherever you are, thank you.
Awwwh, I feel sexy and special. :bee:

Though I didn't know people insulted Chuck. I thought he was praised and loved.
Sadly, Marshigio... I must hail Chuck too.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Chuck Norris and Captain Falcon got in a fight. Captain Falcon used a Falcon Punch, and Chuck Norris countered with a roundhouse kick. They both connected, and that's what caused the big bang.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Chuck Norris was just an internet meme that was based on direct participation, so everyone joined in. Anyone can make a chuck norris jokes, you have to have tools to make one of those cat pictures.

I wouldn't say it's videogamers, I've heard people say it all over the place. Just like the word "noob" and "pwned". Though I assume the only people who say those words in seriousness are video gamers.

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
Eww. No.

Never compare Chuck Norris to some easy-to-annihilate Anubis dog thing.
Lucario is NOT an easy-to-annihilate Anubis dog. If you use him correctly, you should use guerilla tactics when he takes high damage in order to reap the benefits. Besides which, Lucario fighting styling is almost like Chuck Norris (malus the roundhouse kick part, although some may argue his upl-tilt looks similar)

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773

This is epic and my new sig...
New sig huh? That GIF is pretty old. Have had it for like a couple years now. lol

Lucario is NOT an easy-to-annihilate Anubis dog.
I was only speaking in terms of the experience I've had against other Lucario players (online). I'm aware of his ability that you mentioned, but most of the players I've fought haven't resorted to guerilla tactics much when they were at high damage. Thus, most were easy to annihilate D:, but it all depends on the player of course.
Sorry. Guess I should've worded that better.

Besides which, Lucario fighting styling is almost like Chuck Norris (malus the roundhouse kick part, although some may argue his upl-tilt looks similar)
The roundhouse kick is pretty much the main thing about Chuck though, so that's mostly why I disagree with what you said. :p

Leoneri

Smash Ace
It's kinda weird. I woke up this morning, brushed my teeth and noticed my toilet said "Norris" on it. I laughed at the thought of Chuck Norris, and then I see a thread about Chuck Norris :p.

Top Bottom