• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Thread: Now in Regular Definition!

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
There should be some vids of my Yoshi playing against the best ROB on the EC [aka Nacker], the best Wolf on the EC (and one of the best Snakes) [aka Candy], and the best Mario in the US [aka Boss]...

Probably within the next week or so...

*pound* @ Mr Jile, and Mr Socks

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Dangit, I knew I shouldn't have thrown away my NicoNico account info. BAH! -_-

Nice find, though.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Well, there are a few methods of doing what you're asking.

1. Enter the HTML yourself.

Do this by typing [A description of the link]

2. Type in a description of your link. Highlight the description, and then click the little earth-icon with a chain-link on it. Copy/paste the desired URL into where it asks, and you're set.

3. Click on the same icon, copy/paste the URL, then edit the description between the HTML tags where it currently just defaults the URL itself as the description.

For example:

Thor Von Clemson's Advanced Fast Hand Finger Wizard Master Class

(This is my video description)

Just highlight it, click the icon and paste the URL.

[ URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSUz5GtZyko"]Thor Von Clemson's Advanced Fast Hand Finger Wizard Master Class[/URL ]

This is what the code should look like (without the spaces at the beginning and end) before you post it.

Thor Von Clemson's Advanced Fast Hand Finger Wizard Master Class

And this is what the final result should be.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Thanks folks.

I'm always a little hesitant to link Japanese videos because I don't have their consent... but, Youtube IS public, so I guess it won't hurt.

Also, anyone know how to edit the title of a post now with the new wacky format?

D

Deleted member

Omg pride vids finally =P I played chibo online xD.

KiwiBear

Smash Rookie
Yoshi Redemption

Wow. I happened to glance by these forums and made an account. I went and saw aome threads and saw how Yoshi gets bashed, when its all due to low popularity of the character. And people havent used the character much from the smash series is because he doesn't have much of a 3rd jump.

I'm here to join and show off my prowess with Yoshi, which IS my main. I see a lot of people here that think they have it together with Yoshi. They know some combos and such, but I don't see people utilizing his abilities to their best. I don't have any sort of way to make vids and such, BUT if anyone ever has a good recorder or something I'll play so you can see my moves. I don't want to come on with an attitude like "I'm better than everyone" but I really think I can prove to some people that Yoshi is arguably the best choice for a TOP tier. i don't have internets cause I'm poor but I do have a smash code, and I'm going to try and bring it to my firends house to play. If anyone cares, my brawl code is 0087 3223 7591. Please if you want to talk to me use PMs. This forum is huge...Hope someone comes by this. Ciao~

D

Deleted member

Kiwibear, glad to have another yoshi main, but just a heads up, you probably arent as good as you think you are (i thought i was amazing when i first came here lawl, but then, meh =P). I dunno, try to head to a tourny and see how u do.

Also i vote pride for HoF

KiwiBear

Smash Rookie
Burnstocks, thank for recognizing me. I'm happy to see that they are others who aren't one-sided with bad opinions of yoshi, but I must say I'm pretty sure my Yoshi is top-notch. I heard that they may have MLG for Brawl next season, and if they do I'll be sure to head up to Orlando (I live in Largo). I have left my brawl code in the last post, and I'm sending in invitation to anyone that thinks they're yoshi is top notch. you can contact me on my msn at nyko_skykiller@hotmail.com

Hope i can become good chums with all the people here ;3

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
Warning: Challenger Approaching

Kiwibear, eh? Looks like we'll have to fight for the abbreviation "Kiwi"...:ohwell:

Bwett

Smash Ace
Yeah Kiwi, you kinda contradicted yourself with your first post. Sometimes alittle humbleness can go a long way, ya know?

In other news, Pride, great match against that Rob. I was about to post and ask why you were barely throwing any eggs, but second I thought of that, you already popped out 4 lol. I don't know if you want any critiques, but just to improve your game alittle, you tend to get shield grabbed alot. Using your nair against his shielding rob is just asking for punishment. Same with bair. That is probably the only flaw I saw in your game and really the only reason you lost. If I see my opponents constantly shield grabbing, then I do either an egg lay, or what works great is a really low DJ nair (I had major problems with shielding hos as well). Unpunishable to the max lol. But that is just my advice. Great video :)

KiwiBear

Smash Rookie
I'll have to make sure I choose my words carefully. Anyway I'm going to leave my brawl code in the siggy area, and my msn so I can communicate to organize matches. Sorry if i come off brash, but i will try to supress my arrogance in the future.

Bwett

Smash Ace
I'll have to make sure I choose my words carefully. Anyway I'm going to leave my brawl code in the siggy area, and my msn so I can communicate to organize matches. Sorry if i come off brash, but i will try to supress my arrogance in the future.
It's all good, I don't think any of us took it wrong. You just have that urge that most of us do to prove yourself lol. Why do you think I'm hosting the Yoshi Ditto Tournament, which btw, YALL HAVE 1 DAY LEFT TO REGISTER!!!!!1! (Like that plug? lol)

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Bwett thanks for the great critique. I never really knew of a way of breaking into the shield but neutral b and neutral a sounds real good. Yeah he was doing that a lot during the match.. A lot of people are doing that towards me now.. Thanks for the advice.

Bwett

Smash Ace
Bwett thanks for the great critique. I never really knew of a way of breaking into the shield but neutral b and neutral a sounds real good. Yeah he was doing that a lot during the match.. A lot of people are doing that towards me now.. Thanks for the advice.
Np, I had a hell of a time getting through shield grabbers, I can't let another Yoshi main lose only because of that ;)

PRiDE

Smash Lord
I didn't lose though, I won the set =P.. The video I posted has 3 matches on it. I won the last 2 hehe.. But still, I love the new strat vs shield grabbers.

D

Deleted member

We all know how 2 month old online pink yoshi dittos are kinda lame, but this is possibly the greatest/gayest comeback in existance.

Burntsocks(light pink yoshi) vs PRiDE (Normal Pink yoshi):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubhjCw2abE0

Skip to like 2:15 for the real match. Also we are both much much better now (especially pride =p)

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
I'm actually gonna whine about the text size. Otherwise good vid.
DR into ftilt looks like an amazing way to stop approaches.

bigman40

Smash Master
Aww dammit >_< I spent 6 hours enlarging it too (and remaking some of it, cause it deleted my saved copy). Well, I'll just tell people to full-screen it.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Aww dammit >_< I spent 6 hours enlarging it too (and remaking some of it, cause it deleted my saved copy). Well, I'll just tell people to full-screen it.
I did view it full screen...it's still kinda hard to make out.

Top Bottom