• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video & Critique Thread

BSP

Smash Legend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwsAFblmt98

vs ZSS ; BSP (Pac-Man) vs Day (ZSS) - 4/14/15, Friendly

I forgot to save a match of me losing, sorry. There were plenty, as we were going back and forth, and I just remembered that ZSS was one of the characters that came up when we were discussing annoying characters to deal with.

@ PEPESPAIN PEPESPAIN Consider using up B more on stage to help contain Fox's mobility a bit, or at least narrow his options / make them more predictable. Sometimes when you were sitting in shield, an up B would've gotten you out of the situation and made Fox's following movements more predictable. Remember that when you've got a trampoline in front of you, you can't be running Usmashed, dash grabbed, or dash attacked.

I also noticed a lack of on stage hydrant. Is there a reason for this? Fox loves to use his mobility to dance around opponents, and we're one of the few characters that can actively put obstacles in his way to stop him from doing so. Unlike Sonic, I don't think Fox can run through grounded hydrants, so that at least limits one option he has. The water disrupts his movement game and he'll most likely try to smash it towards you, giving you a window to punish. If he tilts it at you, that was time for you to charge fruit or time where Fox wasn't all over you, a win-win in my book.

Oh, if you've got a key and fox starts shooting lasers, throw it at him. I don't think he can do anything in time.

I would try using Melon some. It is easy to catch, but most Fox players will try to reflect it back, giving you a free z drop or a heal if you so choose (side B the reflected melon coming back at you).

Same thing with Bell. Throw it in there once in a while just so your Fruit game is more unpredictable. You can also go for great setups with a bell in your hand.

I think orange will tank lasers as it is flying. I don't remember for sure though. Galaxian probably will too, and I doubt lasers will cancel it out.

Once you start using your stage control tools more, you can punish Fox for inevitably jumping around them with trampoline and aerials. Don't go too crazy with setting up trampoline for control though, as Fox can be on you pretty quickly if you miss with one.

Grand Finals, 7:02 -> if you're on top of each other, up B. Pac-Man will win.

Last edited:

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
@ PEPESPAIN PEPESPAIN Consider using up B more on stage to help contain Fox's mobility a bit, or at least narrow his options / make them more predictable. Sometimes when you were sitting in shield, an up B would've gotten you out of the situation and made Fox's following movements more predictable. Remember that when you've got a trampoline in front of you, you can't be running Usmashed, dash grabbed, or dash attacked.
I'll do it, I'm trying to use it a bit more!!! I saw the final and I lost almost every stock with fox's upsmash so that's was the big mistake I did.

I also noticed a lack of on stage hydrant. Is there a reason for this?
No, I don't know why I didn't use it more in the final , maybe I was scared about reflector

I would try using Melon some. It is easy to catch, but most Fox players will try to reflect it back, giving you a free z drop or a heal if you so choose (side B the reflected melon coming back at you).
I tried to zdrop a reflected apple and I almost died with 90% I need to go to the lab with this...

Thanks for your comments!! I know what I need to improve!!!

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
More replays from the tournament:
Grand Final:
Loosers Final:
Winners semifinal:
As always I will appreciate your comments about good things and mistakes of my matches. That would help to improve my game. I know that I'm not good enought but I'm trying to improve.
I play better with Villager than PACMAN but in spain there are a lot of villagers and nobody plays PACMAN . I'm switching to PACMAN as main, and villager will be my second.
I only watched Grand FInals unfortunatley. You played well but I'll give what tips I can.

Don't throw your fruits so recklessly, sometimes you threw your fruit while your opponent was approaching you and that rarely works against a good player. They'l just run and block and then you're at a deptively large amount of frame disadvantage, if they shield close enough to you then more often than not theyll punish you. You would also throw your fruit when fox was on the other side of the screen in what I imagine is an attempt to stop im from lazering but don't bother with that, it won't hit and then you took the damage for nothing.

I have grown out of the habbit of charging up to my key at all times. I find that they key is really only best for KOs and over using it makes your opponent very mindful of it while mixing up between your other fruit options are great at lower percents. Throughout the entire set I think you nly used the electric bell once, you've got to use it more than that. It tends to catch everyone off guard and it makes your opponent less mindful of the key throw. You'd be surprised how useful the galaxy tornado and melon(yes the melon) are once you give them a chance.

Also against characters like Falco and Fox, when you're on an even height with them just drop a hydrant before you start charging your fruit, when you hydrant before they start lazering they get real annoyed and like to approach XD

Lastly you didn't use grabs until the third match, I know Pacman's grab is very laggy but your opponent was just content to dash and block because you didn't go for a single grab, its important to punish that.

Last edited:

BSP

Smash Legend

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Youtube versions of the fights I mentioned.

BSP (Pac-Man) vs. Chub (Yoshi) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjVF6b71UWg
BSP (Pac-Man) vs. Matthew Combo (Mario) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxyE-LZCbTE
BSP (Pac-Man) vs. Johnathan (Villager) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDd5nNz9KeE

Nothing with the ROB though :\

I still would like critiques. Since I get hit and lose games, I can still use advice.
Sorry, been busy lately but I will try to get around to these this weekend (Unless I find a tournament to attend Sat, in which case I'll get to these early next week). Are the ROB matches on the twitch channel you linked before?

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
Yes, and it deals 10% damage instead of 6%. I'm not sure if the % of kill changes, I didn't test it. I can try today or tomorrow :p

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Weird. It doesn't do anything when you walk back over that spot like make you go into the animation from walking on a red trampoline? (I ask because I think the red trampoline hit is10%, tthough I could be wrong on that.

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
Weird. It doesn't do anything when you walk back over that spot like make you go into the animation from walking on a red trampoline? (I ask because I think the red trampoline hit is10%, tthough I could be wrong on that.
No, it does nothing.

I'm trying to set up a red trampoline trap on the ledge as fast as I can ( less than 1 sec ) and that happend. If you don't touch the red trampoline it is a good ledge trap, I'm working on it :p

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100

BSP (Pac-Man) vs. Matthew Combo (Mario) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxyE-LZCbTE
BSP (Pac-Man) vs. Johnathan (Villager) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDd5nNz9KeE

I still would like critiques. Since I get hit and lose games, I can still use advice.
You played well, I'm not even sure I have any criticisms. I learned quite a bit watching you play.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
BSP I can critique your match vs Mario, even though you played incredible.

Game 1 critique:
2:05 - What was the Up Smash for? It would not have KO'd Mario and at your high percentage could've gotten you KO'ed!

I don't see you dash attack. I do it TOO much and I know people say it can be punished, but it REALLY is good for
punishing opponents rolls or mix up a b-reverse key after that.

At 4:02 - Have you considered short hop -> power pellet off stage? If you miss, they cannot punish you.

I also didn't see any bairs game 1.

By game 2 and 3 you had adapted haha
I love your power pellets into fireball to regain health. That's just smart.

BSP

Smash Legend
BSP I can critique your match vs Mario, even though you played incredible.

Game 1 critique:
2:05 - What was the Up Smash for? It would not have KO'd Mario and at your high percentage could've gotten you KO'ed!
Not sure :\ That was a bad move. I should've empty hopped and Nair'd if he rolled.

I don't see you dash attack. I do it TOO much and I know people say it can be punished, but it REALLY is good for
punishing opponents rolls or mix up a b-reverse key after that.
DA is bad on shield, which is why I usually shy away from it. I'll keep it in mind though.

At 4:02 - Have you considered short hop -> power pellet off stage? If you miss, they cannot punish you.
I can try it. I usually don't use Side B offensively unless I'm confirming from a bell or I'm punishing a landing with no double jump available.

I also didn't see any bairs game 1.
I was focusing too much on healing vs fireballs instead of punishing him for throwing them. With trampoline set up, I could've easily bair'd him for trying to cross and charged if he waited. That's a definite improvement I can make vs. Mario.

By game 2 and 3 you had adapted haha
I love your power pellets into fireball to regain health. That's just smart.
Gotta be smart with this guy.

In other news, I ran into this guy on FG who had a good Captain Falcon. He beat me about 5 times in a row, was catching my fruits, so he was pretty good. Then he switched to Rosalina...these are wifi, but still:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1V2u8o7PfI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRqqMO92pyU

Those two matches show why I don't think Rosalina is that bad for us. If she's aggro, it's a bit harder, but then she leaves more openings as well.

• It only took 1 PP heal for him/her to stop using GP, and offline GP spam should be free heals or punishes. Passive Rosalina does not work in the MU. Dabuz vs Abadango should never happen again. If she shields/rolls/sidesteps hydrants, Luma will die, and then Pac-Man can go in. If she jumps, she puts herself into the air for you. Have fun, and take that opportunity to stomp the yard until Luma is dead.
  • You can easily KO Luma with Dair. I stair-master it off the stage lol. Since it can't block or airdodge, you can get rid of it whenever you see an opening really. The multiple hits of Dair also make it more likely to catch Luma on the move, as opposed to a Smash that leaves you stationary. As I've said, Dair's final hit will put Luma into tumble regardless of its %. You can combo it to death.
  • As Pacman9 pointed out, hydrant > her Uair. We can't be juggled as easily as others by her.
  • Rosalina isn't the fastest character around, so you can be trampoline heavily and get away with it.
  • Don't depend on PP for recovery. We shouldn't need it too badly though.
  • I would stick with Key primarily, with some Melon (Follow it) if you want to mix things up.
I take a more campy approach to the MU, focusing on Hydrant, trampoline, and trying to be unpredictable with Key. I think playing super opportunistic / going for the timeout is a viable strategy if Rosalina doesn't go aggro. It's not the only strategy that works, but I was clearly in control of the match. The only way it could've been better is if I didn't always run away from Rosalina after planting a hydrant. Pacman9 says midrange pressure is pretty effective against her too. Something like what I did is what I imagine Abadango will do next time he runs into Rosa.

Last edited:

LanceStern

Smash Lord
I honestly don't think Rosalina is that bad for the exact reasons you point out BSP. We've got a Rosalina ranked #3 in San Diego and it's not terrible. I never win though haha

By the way, the critique against the Mario was nitpicky, you played the set wonderfully. I think you mentioned Louisiana may or may not be a strong region, but you played really well there. Have you had any tournaments since then?

BSP

Smash Legend
I honestly don't think Rosalina is that bad for the exact reasons you point out BSP. We've got a Rosalina ranked #3 in San Diego and it's not terrible. I never win though haha

By the way, the critique against the Mario was nitpicky, you played the set wonderfully. I think you mentioned Louisiana may or may not be a strong region, but you played really well there. Have you had any tournaments since then?
Nope. Like I said, we don't travel enough.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Well then is it even worth it to post it? It really doesn't have much educational value for anyone.
Wario matchup perhaps?
I thought that it was a pretty good showing of a Wario Vs. Pac-Man

There were people wondering about the Wario vs. Pac-Man matchup, so I wanted to show a video of one.

Only @Firedemon0 seemed to have a good grasp on the matchup.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
It was a fun match to watch. Hard to critique because you shut him down pretty handily.

1. You did not use laggy moves to KO
  2. You had really good trap-pressure (especially hydrant -> Galaga when he was landing. I was so surprised he didn't get hit by anything from that trap)!
  3. Great spacing and escaping when you needed to.
Really was nothing to say. But you could punish him if he gets hit by hydrant with a power pellet. I saw that at least once. SO maybe being confident in your follow ups, although if anything it just looked like you were punishing and following up safely, which I can't blame you for doing.

Good match

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I was hoping the youtube video would have been uploaded by now but it looks like that's not going to happen.

Here is winners semis from my last tournament any critique is much appreciated. I'm trying tomake a big splash at my tourney, so please help me out.

http://www.twitch.tv/rushhoursmash/v/4515797?t=1h55m53s

The link is timed tagged so it will start at the match.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496

Okay watched all 3 matches a few times.

General good:

-Great use of SideB to tank projectiles.
-I like your use of Fair and Nair.
-You adapt fast.
-Great use of trampoline.
-You have both a good offensive and defensive game.
-You were getting good mileage out of SH AD>Nair. I may need to steal this from you.

General bad:

-You immediately throw fruit as soon as you get the one you want, and really mostly used the same 3 fruits. This makes it really easy to guess when you are going to throw it. Be careful as an opponent with more experience may catch on to that then just try to run at you to bait you into throwing, block and just out of shield to take and hold your fruit. Against some characters, that can be a huge problem.
EDIT: Wow, while uploading my matches I realized I have the same problem when I start to get stressed. This critique is helping me see my own flaws!

-Maybe not bad, but is there a reason why you never jab-launch the hydrant? That seems like the most useful launch to me.

-Kind of the same issue as me, but you tend to go for the same options after a blocked Fair (Nair 75% of the time and hydrant the other 25%). Have to be careful about that as by the end of your match against Mathew Combo he does start to catch on and punish.

Specific nitpicky stuff (Chub's match):

-4:44:
Utilt is guaranteed in this situation and allows you to continue the combo into a Uair. Usmash would have been cool, but ultimately it's not guaranteed, wasn't going to kill at that % and deals less than Utilt and Uair combined. Ignore this if you tried to Utilt and accidentally Usmashed.

-5:34
I like it :D
Another option if your opponent lets you set up hydrant with a dropped bell like that is after you regrab the bell you can SH and toss it up for a delayed hydrant setup. It allows you to rush in and have the hydrant come after you from off-screen.
I have been having trouble setting it up which is why I haven't talked about it much, but you had it ready to go right there, so that's a possible setup if you want to use it.

-6:50
Great use of key. A hit like that usually makes the opponent never feel safe.

-7:06
You ended that jab early hoping he would hit trampoline didn't you? *sigh* I don't think that physically can work. I've tried so many times but jab2 just doesn't seem to push them back enough.

-7:19 to 7:24
This is a perfect example of your tendency to throw fruit away too fast. You had key roughly 3 seconds and threw it in the most telegraphed key toss of the set.

-8:30
This part of Delfino makes it really easy to recatch most fruits; I tend to abuse that, but that may be more personal preference based.
Another cool thing about this part of the stage is that by throwing Apple or Melon at the walls, they will bounce back towards you, allowing you to set up a pseudo-assist for yourself.

-11:13
Pretty sure you can use this wall to regrab the key as well.

-12:07
I could be wrong, but I believe an immediate Uair after the jabs would have comboed then comboed the fire hydrant as well (Since hitting the fire hydrant with low-ish knockback moves seems to put enemies in a short tumble state where they can't do anything).

Specific nitpicky stuff (Mathew Combo match):

-2:11
Glad to see someone else using trampoline after ledge options. It's SOOOO good!

-5:28
Oh that was pretty!

-6:36
I really like how you used trampoline to make Fsmash safe, and even managed to punish the landing afterwards.

-7:32
Now I know I have been a HUGE fan of this setup in the past, but I actually think there is a better way to set this up now.
A jab launched hydrant near the ledge with a run up trampoline at the ledge accomplishes the same thing except now depending on the spacing staying on the ledge is also no longer effective and most people will try to roll if they don't immediately see the trampoline, which will get them caught as soon as you UpB.
Most importantly though, when you set up the trap in this manner, it almost always sends them back offstage, whereas trampoline launched will often send the opponent back into the stage, like in this instance, which sucks.

That said, trampoline launched is still super dirty.

-8:00
That was sexy as hell.

-11:10
That was awesome. We need to all be doing more stealth charges like that. Even though I do this fairly often and should be used to recognizing it, yours was so sneaky I didn't catch it until I rewatched the footage a second time. That was really well executed.

I did watch the Villager match as well, but unfortunately I really don't have time to go into an in-depth analysis of that match atm.

Hope this helps you, and sorry if this seems like a lot. I like to get very nitpicky, especially if you have your fundamentals down, as even the slightest mistake can cost an entire match at high level play. Plus I tend to almost always find something when writing these that I can apply to my own game.

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
Can you explain what's "SH AD>Nair" ? I don't understand that acronym sorry :/

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Finally finished uploading my tournament sets from last weekend:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMdwNx6LkCU1Q6K8GzMaIUBBZI5u38rzY

The only tournament sets I played that aren't on there are:

-My second set against H-man. It was played on stream, but they apparently forgot to save that one (Shame as I *started* to figure out the MU in that set).

-Game 2 against JT. I was so disgusted by how hard he sandbagged me that I forgot to save it. I CP Lylat and he switches to Link? Really? Yeah, that went about as well as one would expect.

-Warhound, another guy in my pool. We didn't play on my console. Honestly didn't miss too much; it was a ZSS who didn't have a clue what to do against Pacman.

-My MM with KB was sadly not recorded either. While it was clear he didn't know the MU, neither really did I yet his Fox, which outplaced me in tournament, got bodied. It was a good example of why I don't think that MU is bad for us.

Anyway while I do see a lot of my mistakes, especially against ITT and H-man, I would appreciate any critique you guys throw my way.
Oh and before anyone says it, yeah, I definitely need to work on my pellet blocking. I'm super sloppy with that.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Anyone, anything?
I started watching it and have stuff to say, but you're going to have to wait a few days until I get to France and over jetlag for my critique.

EDIT:

Here's a few big things that stuck out though:

-Know why you are doing the moves you use. It felt like a lot of times you were throwing out moves without really knowing why. For example: Throwing a fruit at someone who is sitting inside a full shield serves no purpose and wastes your fruit, potentially losing it.

Last edited:

Foster J.

Smash Ace
https://youtu.be/w_m0zedBGGU

Hey, here from Foxboards with an Abadango video, this one seems to be Earth as Fox.
Abadango shows great item usage, such as Z dropping the apple into the hydrant twice to kill it.
It's a very interesting set imo, and I hope I posted this the right place.

Last edited:

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
@ Conda Conda
Hey man! Should I just send you my replays if I want them to be on your channel?
If that's the case, what's your NNID?
Due to how much interest there is, I'm trying to feature Anther's Ladder players and shine a light on that forgotten realm of the competitive scene. If you're a competitive player then for sure, you could send some replays my way. :)

It seems there's more interest from my viewers in sending me replays than anything. Which is great, but the channel currently has a very small viewership, and it has been stagnating.
People don't seem to be super keen on helping promote young youtube channels by sharing our vids with other people.

Eventually the person spending their time/energy/money on it has to decide if it's smart to continue and if people actually want more videos from them. My financial situation irl is pretty dire, and it can be difficult to put aside time to commentate for the smash community. (It's also why you don't see me commentating at tournaments - I simply can't afford to) :nervous:

It's been tough, the channel is stuck in a weird place. I would love to be able to meet the demand of my viewers, whom want me to record so much (which I appreciate a ton! :b:), but it's hard for me to actually meet demand with how small the viewership is.

I hope I'm able to continue regularly uploading content for the community, and I'd love to be able to make more than I do now so I could make everyone happy. Either way, it's nice knowing that there are people appreciate and value the content.

Last edited:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Due to how much interest there is, I'm trying to feature Anther's Ladder players and shine a light on that forgotten realm of the competitive scene. If you're a competitive player then for sure, you could send some replays my way. :)

It seems there's more interest from my viewers in sending me replays than anything. Which is great, but the channel currently has a very small viewership, and it has been stagnating.
People don't seem to be super keen on helping promote young youtube channels by sharing our vids with other people.

Eventually the person spending their time/energy/money on it has to decide if it's smart to continue and if people actually want more videos from them. My financial situation irl is pretty dire, and it can be difficult to put aside time to commentate for the smash community. (It's also why you don't see me commentating at tournaments - I simply can't afford to) :nervous:

It's been tough, the channel is stuck in a weird place. I would love to be able to meet the demand of my viewers, whom want me to record so much (which I appreciate a ton! :b:), but it's hard for me to actually meet demand with how small the viewership is.

I hope I'm able to continue regularly uploading content for the community, and I'd love to be able to make more than I do now so I could make everyone happy. Either way, it's nice knowing that there are people appreciate and value the content.
Aww, man that sucks :(

I am a competitive player and frequently use anther's ladder for matchup practice. I wanted to support your channel because I have noticed that it isn't getting the recognition that it deserves.
Maybe you need some more publicity? It certainly deserves it. Especially with your good intentions.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
If all you need is replays uploaded, I can also do that once I get back to the states.

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
Replays from the tournament:

PACMAN vs Sonic

http://www.twitch.tv/smashbrosspain/b/657506828

58:38

1:12:14 best trick ever :p

PACMAN vs MEGAMAN

http://www.twitch.tv/smashbrosspain/b/657531210

55:00

I don't know how to play against megaman, any tips?

PACMAN vs ROB

http://www.twitch.tv/smashbrosspain/b/657643459

10:02

CrewBattle
Sheik vs PACMAN

PACMAN vs Rosalina & Luma

2:01:27

PACMAN vs PACMAN

12:52

http://www.twitch.tv/smashbrosspain/b/657628175

(Done)

Any comment(s) would be highly appreciated

Last edited:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
PACMAN vs MEGAMAN

http://www.twitch.tv/smashbrosspain/b/657531210

55:00

I don't know how to play against megaman, any tips?
This is the matchup I'm most familiar with. First off, you were getting walked out pretty hard. A way to fix that, is by using your Hydrant, melon, galaxian, and key to break through all of his projectiles. Your side B also absorbs all three shots of his mega buster so you can sit back and feast on your pellet if he tries to walk you out.

These properties ruin his nuetral game and either push us straight towards advantage (throwing fruit through his wall) or allowing us to camp him out (side B feasting).
Avoid getting hit by his diagonal metal blades from the air because this can lead to some dumb follow ups (that Utilt for example)
If you want, you can try to catch his metal blade, and then camp him out HARD. For the aggressive route, you want to break his wall as quickly as possible to take advantage of his weak CQC. Always space your attacks well on his shield or else he will Utilit you OoS. On the ground, we win solidly.
In the air, our aerials are a lot faster than his which allows us to keep him in disadvantage for a long time. Always combo megaman from the front though, because his Bair comes out on frame 4 and kills a little earlier than ours. Avoid get spaced out by his Bair, and the air should belong to you. An on stage trampoline works wonder against him because mega man has no safe aerial approaches.

Always make sure to disrupt mega man's neutral with your anti projectile tools.

Offtage is a matter o recovering intelligently. If I was the mega man player, and you were predictable with your side B, I would Bair you every time. Make sure to curve your side B is strange ways or shorten it if necessary. You don't want to get walled out by Bair offstage. You also don't want him to hit your pellet with his projectiles. Be unpredictable.

When mega man is offstage, always go for the gimp. The orange or Nair is his death sentence due to his poor horizontal recovery. You could also go for the dair gimp.

Last edited:

revengeska

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, so I got some videos uploaded. The games vs ZSS were to show off examples of what lazy fruit can do, the games vs Rosalina were matchup practice. The former I used 3121(3111 is my normal, but wasn't available) and the latter I used 1122. This Rosalina is one of the best in Minnesota. Feel free to critique or enjoy!

vs ZSS #1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIjJCoiguEQ
vs ZSS #2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O04fSQEBa3s
vs Rosaluma #1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saE2Fm_o3vk
vs Rosaluma #2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWmdJf9ogWM
vs Rosaluma #3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=644P86N0w34

Tornado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEF5Tornado
Hey guys, so I got some videos uploaded. The games vs ZSS were to show off examples of what lazy fruit can do, the games vs Rosalina were matchup practice. The former I used 3121(3111 is my normal, but wasn't available) and the latter I used 1122. This Rosalina is one of the best in Minnesota. Feel free to critique or enjoy!

vs ZSS #1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIjJCoiguEQ
vs ZSS #2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O04fSQEBa3s
vs Rosaluma #1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saE2Fm_o3vk
vs Rosaluma #2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWmdJf9ogWM
vs Rosaluma #3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=644P86N0w34
I watched the Rosalina ones and since I don't do customs, there may some things I don't understand thus may not be able to critique. All I noticed different was the hydrant spewing fire.

Anyways, right away, I noticed you were tossing too many fruits and throwing out way too many smash attacks. Against a really good Rosalina and Luma, you have to be much smarter with your fruit usage. It's ok to test the waters early on with fruits but a Rosalina player will catch on and hold onto your fruits as well using them against you more often. That being said, applying early pressure with it will generally help later on because there will be a paranoia about it in the opponent's mind that you will be throwing them, thus giving you time to move in for some punches or kicks.

I would suggest including a lot more neutral play into your game (short hops are your friend) because as I said, I saw 3 things in your matches against Rosalina & Luma. Throwing fruits a lot, tossing hydrants (which is ok), and smash attacks. When R&L apply pressure and really get on top of you, don't forget you have your trampoline that cannot be blocked upon usage, will get the hit, and create spacing. It's a great tool for most matchups, especially against R&L.

For recovery, try to be cleaner with your trampolines. You don't want to be coming back down to get to the edge or accidentally land on stage as I saw a few times.

Top Bottom