• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Victory Road :: Pokemon Tier Legality Discussion

JOE!

Smash Hero
my point was that I was simply adding to the convo of "stuff that makes Dory not as broken as he seems"

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
That's not really what the discussion was, but I guess that'd okay since we talked about that last week.

Other stuff that can kill Doryuuzu after setting up:
DDGyara
DDMence
SD Sub Cacturne
SubSD Leichi Empoleon
DD Altaria
SD Dig Sunny Day Shedinja

mood4food77

Smash Hero
the only thing i really hate about doryuuzu is that you have to make your team able to beat it AND garchomp

one of them is fine, it's the combination of both that really screws you over

doryuuzu is leaving a dent in something, there's no denying that, but then garchomp comes in and you're like ****, i have to deal with him now

most bulky pokemon can handle one of them, they usually cannot handle both, especially when nothing is guaranteed against garchomp cause of sand veil

really, i think both should be banned if their usage becomes absurdly high

but i will say this, garchomp is definitely a lot easier to deal with than doryuuzu

Tenodera

Smash Cadet
That's not really what the discussion was, but I guess that'd okay since we talked about that last week.

DDGyara
DDMence
SD Sub Cacturne
SubSD Leichi Empoleon
DD Altaria
Wait, do you mean after Dory sets up or after that Pokemon does? If it's the former (which makes more sense), how well do Gyara and Mence stand up to +1 Rock Slide? Cacturne has to watch out for X-Scissor even though he has a chance due to Sand Veil. Empoleon taking a +2 STAB Earthquake from that attack is surprising, and Altaria and Shedinja also get maimed by Rock Slide.

Doryuuzu is pretty scared of any Mach Punch, Vacuum Wave, strong Aqua Jet user. BulkyChomp and perhaps Swampert might/should be able to take a hit and retaliate with Earthquake (if no Balloon) or Dragon Tail to phaze 'im. As for "countering" instead of just revenge-killing... switch Balloon Drought Ninetails on a predicted Earthquake!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed

DDGyara
DDMence
SD Sub Cacturne
SubSD Leichi Empoleon
DD Altaria
Wait, so these pokes have to set up first? Unlikely.

And what moveset are we talkin here on Dory? I run @Balloon, SD EQ RockSlide XScissor
RS hits Sheddy
XS hits Cacturne
etc
etc

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I'm not the one who brought up the conversation of Pokemon who can beat Dory after setting up.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
The only pokemon I've found that really can are strong priority hitters with Vac Wave Mach Punch and Aqua Jet, and Gliscor.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I run Infernape/Roopushin. Dorry can not handle two Mach Punchers. Of course I become Shanderra bait as Roopushin does not learn u turn.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Payback doesn't get extra damage on the switch anymore, so EQ ans SE are your only options.

If you mess up the prediction, Shandera OHKOs with Overheat.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Payback doesn't get extra damage on the switch anymore, so EQ ans SE are your only options.

If you mess up the prediction, Shandera OHKOs with Overheat.
Really? That's a shame.

I thought Shandera doesn't have Levitate? Or maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean when you say the predictino between Earthquake and Stone Miss.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
He just means if you try to mach punch a shandy switch-in you'll die to overheat next turn. You have to predict it switching in.

Breloom also gets ****ed by shandera.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
On the flip side, does Breloom OHKO Shandera with a 5-hit Bullet Seed if Stealth Rocks are up?
I am absolutely certain it does.

It doesn't matter if that craps resisted, Shandera is a frail **** and 5 hits can easily accumulate to 75%

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Yes. It has a small chance to ko with max damage rolls on 4 and is guaranteed with 5.

So you have about a 15% chance of beating it. lol.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I run shed shell on my Breloom.

A decent number of other players do as well. You don't need LO to hit hard, even without SD.

**** shandera :D

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I don't know if it was stated in here or not, but someone mentioned Tropius as a means of coming into Breloom. Tropius resists Mach Punch and Bullet Seed, has Harvest to bypass Spore (although the true mechanics of Harvest hinder this somewhat), has Roost, and can Air Slash away.

I've never tested it out, although the thought process seems viable. But then again, it's Tropius.

M.K

Level 55
With Sunny Day support, Tropius can fire off some nasty Solarbeams as well.

Tropius @ Lum Berry with Air Slash/Solarbeam/Hidden Power/something is viable.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
With Sunny Day support, Tropius can fire off some nasty Solarbeams as well.

Tropius @ Lum Berry with Air Slash/Solarbeam/Hidden Power/something is viable.
Breloom resists Solarbeam. Unless you were merely referring to Tropius as a whole.

But then you're using Sunny Day...

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
It produces the best weather.

Reading that again, that entire post makes no sense.

Sun is the best weather. Ninetales is the worst weather pokemon ever in OU (Groudon is awesome)

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I don't know if it was stated in here or not, but someone mentioned Tropius as a means of coming into Breloom. Tropius resists Mach Punch and Bullet Seed, has Harvest to bypass Spore (although the true mechanics of Harvest hinder this somewhat), has Roost, and can Air Slash away.

I've never tested it out, although the thought process seems viable. But then again, it's Tropius.
That was actually me. I saw a few people use it against my own Loom, and it worked wonders.

Idk about its viability outside of countering Breloom, though.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Hail is only good because it's the perfect anti-weather weather.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Rain>Sand>Sun>Hail

Rain has the offensive advantage over sand, and it can wear down ttar/hippo after repeated switch-ins on surf.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
You have to always double switch your Poli though, because if TTar comes in, you're just Pursuit bait for it. If it can KO you on your way out, it doesn't matter what damage you do on its way in.

When Sand is up, it's even more destructive, considering a single Pokemon can't effectively break the team's momentum like Nattorei can.

Top Bottom