• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] - Miles' Warehouse - January 4-5, 2014 - OP Updated

Atticus

Smash Journeyman
Despite not being at all happy with how well I played, I thought this was a great tournament and seeing how well alive this game still is made me keen to get back into serious practice (we'll see if I actually follow through on that though...)

Thanks Miles, and congratulations to all the winners. It was great to see so many unfamiliar faces having a good time playing Melee, and I regret not getting around to playing with more with you - next time!

(And thanks Alfred for making 64 happen!)

A Dumb Monkee

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the awesome weekend guys. Seeing some of that high level play is so intimidating and shows how long of a journey I have ahead of me before I even make an indent in the singles brackets. Saying that though, I'm keen to show how much I can improve before the next tourney.

Shout outs:
Miles - For getting this whole shindig together and being one of the most approachable guys in the world.

Bus - For some solid friendlies and a bunch of Falcon tips. I'm look forward to meets at your house. And you were right about needing to learn that Falco match-up, my ass has never been so raw.

Skeletom - Like Finx said, you are legitimately one of the nicest guys I've met. Sparring with that insanely fast and precise Falcon of yours taught me so much. Seeing you progress through the singles bracket was inspiring and gives me hope that I can one day be competitive with the monumental mass of muscle and manliness (appropriately packed into tights) that I call my main.

Finx and Pepe - For some sick doubles and the hype as **** 4-man-Ganondorf-offs and hookshot royale. Also much respect to each of you individually, always down for friendlies. Pepe your Falco **** all over me... you know how hard it is to get bird **** out of tights? I just couldn't handle it. And Finx those falcon dittos were ballin', you won the $5 fair and square, but I'm going to win it back off you next time. Also thanks for the tech-chasing tips, it wasn't until I played you that I realised how devastating it can be.

Shakky and Blue - Thanks for the second hypest doubles set of the entire weekend behind the final. The whole venue needed more trash talk.

Bowser-Daimao - Nice meeting you mate, you were always down for friendlies and that Marth of yours frustrated the **** out of me.

Phil - For absolutely destroying me in pools and giving me some tips. Your Falcon and Marth were sexy as hell, you also helped put into perspective how far ahead you and the other top tier guys are.

Toshi - Didn't even say hi but OMG I needed a new pair of pants after that power shield and subsequent **** in the doubles final. The hypest thing I saw all weekend.

TKN, Tai and Jason - My homeslices, for coming along with me to the tourney, and also for being sparring partners that have kept me playing the game.

And lastly, the guy who accidentally took home a ****ty purple (and clear) controller with a chewed up control stick - Yeah I have your good one and I'm happy to swap back.

Bu$

HoC
Shout out to Miles for being the guy to step up and do what he did. Shout out to all the homies who i met and played friendlies with. Little type, much lazy. Shout outs to all the great new people i've met over the weekend. Shout outs to all the homies and everyone in the Aus smash community for being such a nice bunch of people. Love you all <3

Special Shout outs to the Joey Toshi crew battle plan to expose me in front of everyone. ;)

Timic83

Smash Ace
Moorabbin/Hampton East, Melbourne, Australia
great weekend guys, good to see lots of fresh blood and PM getting some love :D

miles - thanks for running this great event and housing me on friday
toshi - your fox is disgusting in a good way :p
atticus - good and close games in singles
aa - sorry i don't know where that craptastic wad of 64 came from, i'll try get a better one
dekar - you gotta get some boos on your strikers team mang, even just 1 instead of birdo imo will be a great asset, gg
joey - ggs, sorry i was sore loser your luigi is boss :D
milton - good pm games for da weekend
matt - nice mario in pm
other people i forgot - everyone is awesome have fun with the smash mario brothers

ViewtifulJoe

Smash Rookie
Thanks for an awesome tournament.
Being a new face it was awesome playing with you guys in melee, even though i got my *** handed to me on a silver plate:facepalm: , but that's beside the point. I had alot of fun and it was great playing with different people for a change.
Shout outs to:
Miles for hosting this amazing event, hope there will be more in the future.
TKN and Monkee:coolmonke: for introducing me to this tourney and being my sparring partners.
and everyone who played friendlies with me :)
Congrats to the Winners, gonna be practicing more and show you guys how much I improved before the next tournament.

Tai :marthmelee:

Dekar289

Smash Hero
bonus shoutouts 1:
timic - my strikers team just needs some discipline in regards to positioning, shooting and goalie intimidation, i'll be back
tai - are you aware that tai is an american marth player and you made the people in your pool crap their pants?

Juci

Smash Apprentice
I had an awesome weekend, it was great to meet some of you guys i was the guy with the big ears..

I now know how much i have to practice, thanks for playing friendlies with me and answering my questions.
Hope to see some smashers at bus' soon or at another tourney.

Cheers VORN/Vaughan.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
while i remember
don't get bashed (Jan, 2011) had 50 entrants
don't get hyped (Jan, 2012) had 56 entrants
shadowloo showdown (Oct 2013) had 49 entrants (based on rego info, probably less)
miles' warehouse (Jan, 2014) had 66 entrants!

pikmin.org

Smash Apprentice
yeah, SS definitely had less than that, because I know some people didn't turn up to our pool.

Also, I would have really liked to go to this - looked like you guys had a great time! When is the new Shadowloo HQ ready?

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
Small shoutouts to:

SD and Dekar: Nervous/Crowd johns. Nah, you guys are pretty good. I just need a random laser to win.
Skeletom and Atticus: You guys are pretty good too. To be honest, I got lucky in a few matches. GGs.
Matt: Congratulations on amateurs. I'm jelly of your prize.
Mozart: I give you permission to take my spot on the PR rankings (if I'm still on there). You got good pretty fast.
Tak: Please no report. I giff you hats, ok.
Bus: It was Joey's idea (probably).
Earl: I think we exchanged in total six words? Let's play again.

To everyone (and especially Miles), thanks for the fantastic tournament. Atmosphere and hype was seriously one of the best I've seen in a long time. Community effort.

2014 is going to be a great year for smash.

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
Thanks Dean for putting up the 64 videos. Have to give credit to Miles in 64. For someone new that debut in 64 was quite solid. Change the name to That Ain't Falcon cause that was some pretty impressive work with falcon I've seen in years. Keep it up. The only thing I am disappointed with was that I did not see a single taunt cancel from any of the falcon players. Other than that, Atticus, Miles and AsianAussie, be prepared to face DEATH at the new SLHQ or BAM. Come on guys push CW to add 64 to the tournament list. Still surprised that Earl did not win Brawl and I now want to see Toshi and Joey's hype doubles moment. Someone please upload.

Haha! We thought someone gave us that name because we brought girls with us
@ FinXx FinXx At the next tourney, do actually bring girls with you. You can amaze them with the awesomeness of Smash and you can legitimize your name as the "Pimps". Just hearing the word pimps makes me think of Snoop Dogg's "Drop it like its hot". All the pimps in the crib ma drop it like its hot. If you do bring girls, make sure they are hot ones.

I don't know how to add a quote from someone's post into my edit so I had to copy and paste it.

Last edited:

asianaussie

Smash Hero
the difficulty of taunt-cancelling on gamecube controller is the sole reason why gamecube controller is ********s for 64

also i specifically remember both atticus and miles taking a break from things to attempt taunt-cancels in GF

Milun

Smash Ace
This was the first Smash event I had gone to after a 4 year long hiatus, and I'm glad I did. Time to practice for the next one!

Shoutouts to:

Miles - Not only for hosting such a great event, but for lulling me into a false sense of security with Smash 64, and then crushing me with a humiliating Falcon defeat.

Splice - For his constant Smash puns and for not letting me forget my last Smash event.

Tim - For lending me his controller when my paranoia convinced me mine was broken, and for being such a great teammate in double despite me being the worst player there.

Dean & Bowser - For being such fun opponents.

The person with the username "Bowser" - Hey did you see Bowser Koopa actually attended the event it was weird he versed me too.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Milton I forgot to thank you for the Shellder so I tried to upload a picture of how bad mouth it looks on my GC remote but my phone had some problem with imgur so I drew what it looks like in paint so you get the idea but yeah thanks its so bm.

Splice

Smash Hero
well shelder was an amazing choice that's so BM
that's a good idea for sigs all of the smashers that have pokemon stickers on their GC controller (most of us in VIC) should use this format so we can all have matching sigs

wow so cute

Dekar289

Smash Hero
as hilarious as MHL is, what wasn't hilarious was the lack of brawl setups at miles house
get your **** together, melbourne brawl scene
or have you already accepted that the new smash will completely replace brawl?
whatevs

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Maybe we figured it was time to return the favor, and leech off the melee community for a while...

Kappa

asianaussie

Smash Hero
64 had one proper setup, which was taken home 2 hours before the tournament began, one proper emulated setup, one emulated setup where i had to unlock ness, falcon and luigi before we could use it, a computer emulator, and three hacked wiis that ran a 60fps game at 50fps

still the best tournament i've ever run

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
we had enough brawl setups (i brought two, attila brought one, jamwa brought one, yosh brought one, danza bros brought one off the top of my head).
we just didn't set them up, for whatever reason
also kept swapping them over for 64/pm
but w/e we finished on time :D

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
64 had one proper setup, which was taken home 2 hours before the tournament began, one proper emulated setup, one emulated setup where i had to unlock ness, falcon and luigi before we could use it, a computer emulator, and three hacked wiis that ran a 60fps game at 50fps

still the best tournament i've ever run
Don't forget the random item drop setup :p

Izzago

Bit late but, thanks to everyone I played against. Everyone was so much better than I am, and despite that you all gave me tips that have improved my game already. I'm now looking forward to the next chance to learn from everyone and get even better.

Also, shoutout to Joey's sick Luigi. Easily my favourite Smasher to watch throughout.

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
Writing this has been on my todo list for too long, but here we go anyway.

Dumb Monkee
: I'm going to assume you mean Redact when you say Phil, although I do remember beating someone with Marth and Falcon so I'm a bit confused. I'm not very good at smash, especially compared to the top people.

Hardpelicn: I had so much fun playing PM, I wasn't even caring about winning or losing. Those matches with Bain were too funny. I think I need to be a man about countering like he is.

Bain: Had an awesome time playing PM with you, hope to do so again at the next meet. I like how you use counter like a man.

FinXx: Yeah the Roy would be me.

Bus: Don't feel bad about losing to my Roy, I'll tell you how to beat me if we ever get to have a friendlies session. After that you'll have no problem just like everyone else.

Splice: I wasn't really trying in PM, just having too much fun and also I needed to desalinate after someone gave some Falco player tips against Roy, gotta make that 8:2 matchup a 9:1... :p Let's play PM again soon, the skill in my primary friends circle is... low.

Tak, Redact, Dekar, Toshi, Joey, Forte, Atticus etc...: I'm hoping I see you before BAM, hanging out is great.

Royzard 4lyfe

Dekar289

Smash Hero
while i remember
it's a shame that joyousone (or 'joursome', gw sam LOL) couldn't make it for the sunday amateur bracket
dude went from looking 8 years old to 80 between tournaments, was sure he was gunna unleash some 20xx pikachu

also, toshiba's decimation of bus to end the crew battle has now been posted to the vic facebook group, thanks to vorn
blue of adelaide, where is the MHL footage? :)

Dekar289

Smash Hero
what? no way i signed him up, would have lost my ****
sd vs dekar joyousone scandal salty suite match next tournament (with special guest referee: joyousone)

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
You have the same avatar as another guy here so that was really confusing.
lol, fair enough, though it was mine first :p

thanks though, i'll see if i can make the date, i think I've got something on in the morning on the Saturday.

Top Bottom