• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Melbourne Meetups and Socialness - EARL IS COMING BACK

SHuVL-Smash

Smash Apprentice
for all those who were unable to attend, the big announcement was that slhq is closing for the summer and relocating. So yeah...

Splice

Smash Hero
Which Monash Uni?
Hopefully Clayton so I can roll out of my house bleary eyed and arrive at the venue.
Or Caulfield so it's not too bad for everyone else l0l

S.D

Smash Master
But I need melee right now, just watched lucky fox wreck socal so inspiring.
What's the story with that facebook house tourney? Let's raid that dude's home.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
it'll be like the aus version of pat's house
except it's actually at a guy's house
oldschool

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
closed over the summer? sounds like a good time for another boronia tournament
YES, YES, YES! I might make my return soon. Who knows! As long as it's not during the 29th of November-15th of January as I will be on Holiday in India. I have been waiting for this day to come and I do NOT want to miss it. I might also revive the 64 scene and bring back its former glory. Don't worry Dean, my magic commentary and motivation will be here. Boronia FTW. Isn't that right Dekar. If HQ is located near Boronia I will be THRILLED. Till then, take your time to hone your craft and be the best you can be and watch out for Earl. He is coming and when he arrives, there will be hell to pay. Till then, keep smashing.

Hughie

Smash Lad
There is a very nice venue I could host a Smash tourney at. It's less than a minute from my place walking, has a 205 and 200 bus stop right outside the place, so it's easily accessible from the city, tables, chairs, and I can rent the place.
Oh, and it's next to tennis courts.

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
There is a very nice venue I could host a Smash tourney at. It's less than a minute from my place walking, has a 205 and 200 bus stop right outside the place, so it's easily accessible from the city, tables, chairs, and I can rent the place.
Oh, and it's next to tennis courts.
And where exactly is your place. Need an address here! If it's not far for me, I might be able to grace you all with my presence. If not, I'll wait till the Boronia tournament. And if there is tennis courts. I'll 1v1 anyone wishing to verse me in tennis.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
watch out for Earl. He is coming and when he arrives, there will be hell to pay
jesus christ, I didn't even know earl was angry with us
we are ****ed

instead of a boronia tournament, there will probably be a bigger, 2 day tournament in january in melbourne
details coming soon

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
jesus christ, I didn't even know earl was angry with us
we are ****ed

instead of a boronia tournament, there will probably be a bigger, 2 day tournament in january in melbourne
details coming soon
As long as it's not far from Boronia. If it's really hype and it's an Australian Smash major, I DO NOT want to miss it. Gotta show those Americans that we Australians are catching up in terms of the skill gap. If there is a Boronia tournament, I'll be happy because I'll finally be able to just not only compete in Smash but also get to play with guys I consider my good friends. Gosh, it reminds me of the day I used to have Smash 64 meets with old friends back in the early 2000's primary school days. Really want to revive those days.

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
@S.D What happened to your faith man. I'm saying this so I can bring motivation to the rest of the Australian smashers. Of course we're well behind when it comes to the skill gap between the Americans but if we have enough motivation, one day we MIGHT just be able to catch up. We need to be motivated and a Melee leader, champion and role model such as yourself needs to bring it. The Melee community needs someone to look up to and you are that guy along with Dekar. The only way we can look up to you is if you stop being so negative and bring some motivation and positivity for a change. Aside from this, no hard feelings to you man/bro/homie. You're still a friendly guy and I have no grudges against you.

Splice

Smash Hero
@S.D What happened to your faith man. I'm saying this so I can bring motivation to the rest of the Australian smashers. Of course we're well behind when it comes to the skill gap between the Americans but if we have enough motivation, one day we MIGHT just be able to catch up. We need to be motivated and a Melee leader, champion and role model such as yourself needs to bring it. The Melee community needs someone to look up to and you are that guy along with Dekar. The only way we can look up to you is if you stop being so negative and bring some motivation and positivity for a change. Aside from this, no hard feelings to you man/bro/homie. You're still a friendly guy and I have no grudges against you.
You are not motivational.

S.D

Smash Master
The reason we're not improving relative to other national scenes is because of a lack of competition at the top.
People SHOULD be motivated to improve and should be aiming at surpassing Dekar and other top players, but until there's genuine competition at the top there won't be improvement. When you're winning you aren't practicing or trying hard to improve, you coast until someone challenges you. Currently there aren't many people doing it. I challenge everyone else to challenge the top players - that's how we move forward as players. It's not my lack of motivation that hurts us, it's everyone elses. I have mad respect for guys like Kier and Skeletom and more recently Billy who are making strides, we need more people doing what they're doing.

Splice

Smash Hero
The reason we're not improving relative to other national scenes is because of a lack of competition at the top.
People SHOULD be motivated to improve and should be aiming at surpassing Dekar and other top players, but until there's genuine competition at the top there won't be improvement. When you're winning you aren't practicing or trying hard to improve, you coast until someone challenges you. Currently there aren't many people doing it. I challenge everyone else to challenge the top players - that's how we move forward as players. It's not my lack of motivation that hurts us, it's everyone elses. I have mad respect for guys like Kier and Skeletom and more recently Billy who are making strides, we need more people doing what they're doing.
Post of the year.
Or it would be if Earl didn't announce his return.
But still...

earla

Smash Lord
any of those new melee players based north east of melb?

paul and joey around anymore?

Hardpelicn

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0447-5409-6382
Well yeah, I live in Mill Park - Recently acquired 2 crt's meaning people can actually come over and play smash now. Only recently moved into the property though and still waiting for a lot of furniture to arrive so would have to deal with sitting on crappy seats haha.
Apart from that, I'm free most weekdays and some weekends, so if people were keen to come play Melee, send me a pm and i'll give you my mobile. Should hopefully have Internet connected soon (I really ****ing hope so anyway) and when that day comes I will have multiple recording and streaming setups too.

Hardpelicn

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0447-5409-6382
Nov 12, Before that it was Oct 16, before that it was Sep 18, before that was Sep 7th... All because the previous tenants used the Fibre conduits to run foxtel to the house, and APPARENTLY it's Illegal to have that removed... And digging a ditch apparently takes 3 months of co-ordination with telstra O.o

Can't even get copper as it's end of service here D:

Top Bottom