• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Melbourne Meetups and Socialness - EARL IS COMING BACK

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Atilla is against FAE (a lucas main) (in apex pools)

I hope you lose <3
but if you play lucas i hope you win

also khoa I'd like to come, even though i've already seen it i must rewatch it its so good ewdiaoej ▲®█

ViVa

Smash Ace
I think for something like apex they'd have a 64 man bracket.

Also since my holidays have been mad boring I'm kinda interested in dis moovee thang

Splice

Smash Hero
No.

The top 4 will make it out of the pool.
It is a 128 man bracket.

Khoa

Smash Cadet
It's looking good.

So far it's me, gary, leish, jamwa and viva.

You wanna come too splicey? :O

So I guess we go to melbourne central on friday, and considering leish may only attend in the afternoon. The sessions are 1:10PM and 2:15PM. Is this alright for you leish and anyone else who will attend?

Splice

Smash Hero
I was interested in attending but I can only come if someone can pay for my ticket.
Otherwise no because I have to be stingy this month, not to mention Seb took all my money :(

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
1:10 suits me really well actually.

would everyone be keen to meet up at 12pm, grab the tickets and lunch. Then do whatever until the movie is ready. =p

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
http://i.imgur.com/B3Tpw.png

Which one of these people is FAE Jamie? Is FAE = Kiara?
I am scared for Attila to fight Lucario and Lucas who are in this pool.
As far as I can tell, FAE and AotA are probably Attila's threats when it comes to this. That said, he can likely make it out of pools, he'll just have to be a little more careful in round 2 pools.

Splice

Smash Hero
You know I called this Attila!
Hopefully you can at least avoid the R.O.B. players...

Any Diddy Kongs in your pool?

Jamwa

Smash Champion
I was interested in attending but I can only come if someone can pay for my ticket.
Otherwise no because I have to be stingy this month, not to mention Seb took all my money :(
$5 is not all of your money

also @khoa 1:10 or 2:15 is good for me

sdi-ing lucarios dair is fun

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
Anyone want to come to mine for some brawl Friday after the movie or anytime sat? Can't be a meet though since I only have 1 setup and a very small room. Or is anyone willing to host?
Heaps motivated to get better right now.

:phone:

Khoa

Smash Cadet
That sucks leish. Hope you get well and end up coming tmr.

Also, Billy attend tmr, I'll pay for your ticket.

So it's confirmed so far that me, gary and jamwa are attending.

Leish is a maybe? It would be nice if viva would confirm if he's coming too.

So be there at MC hoyts at like 12ish so we can get the tickets and chill i guess. Anyone else can feel free to attend this if they wish.

If you wanna call me, it's 0423368354

Jamwa

Smash Champion
We will split for billy's ticket, half each :D he might be busy though

idm playing afterwards either, if gary can host. who doesn't need pseudo-low-tier practise?

also bubble tea at mc (hectik rimes)

It is now clear to me that no one from this scene arrives early to any event

ViVa

Smash Ace
Seeing The Hobbit with you guys was fun. Lets do it again sometime. Also sorry about vanishing after the movie, after I realised we went separate ways out of the cinema I waited to see if you guys would turn up at Hoyts again for a little bit then was like "Ah **** it" and went home.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
if you guys are going for bubble tea you should walk down swanston to gong cha

it's pretty legit
chatime?
yuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
but if you meant something else because i have never heard of gong cha on swanson street then i am interested (the only bubble cup i know is chatime and it has cha in it)
lucky cup da bes

viva dont apologise, vanishing adds a lot more mystery to you
did viva even come?
we have no proof.

Khoa

Smash Cadet
Today was heaps fun.

I really enjoyed the movie, best 3d movie I've seen in the cinema.

Nice meat at Billy's too. Doubles are always fun.

Ah, so that what happened viva. I was a little worried for a moment when we realised you were gone.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Sorry Jamwa, beat your boy twice in pools. He's a great player though. Really great.

On a side note, I'd say that every mk I've played with the exception of one has a better punish/gimp game than earl. Full srs. Mid level mks are really good.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I'm sure alot of people in general punish very well over there. I can see that in the videos. =P

I wish I made better options, but i tend to reuse the same ones over and over without realizing it. >.<

Keep the good work regardless :3.

Poor Lucas gets wrecked pretty hard against snake, thats part of the reason I quit him a long time ago. (Also I couldn't use his full potential properly)

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
Sorry Jamwa, beat your boy twice in pools. He's a great player though. Really great.

On a side note, I'd say that every mk I've played with the exception of one has a better punish/gimp game than earl. Full srs. Mid level mks are really good.

I'm working on my gimp game right now actually. Punishing snake is hard, and scary, needs more practice.
How did you go in pools? I can't find the results. Remember to record all da gamez you can.

Jamwa

Smash Champion

I didn't expect you to lose, but I wanted it to be a good match. I will study this video beware.
How much better though was fae than I? I heard he beat X and made it out of pools

is this the only brawl singles stream? http://www.twitch.tv/clashtournaments/b/356428766
cant find any others; apex must be behind schedule

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Fae kinda ***** me in dittos. So yeah, he's a little better though. He's got really, really smooth movement and fluid strings.

Nicks

Smash Journeyman
I didn't expect you to lose, but I wanted it to be a good match. I will study this video beware.
How much better though was fae than I? I heard he beat X and made it out of pools

is this the only brawl singles stream? http://www.twitch.tv/clashtournaments/b/356428766
cant find any others; apex must be behind schedule
there was also quite a bit of brawl on 8wayrun's stream. All those games have already been uploaded to 8wayrun's youtube channel :)

Splice

Smash Hero
I am proud of you Attila, well done, and if it makes you feel any better there is a large chance that the difference between placing 2nd or 3rd in pools makes no difference in the bracket assuming the person you are vsing didn't come from a stacked pool. I mean as long as you aren't 4th which pretty much guarantees first game in bracket you lose 2bad.

Btw will all of your matches in bracket AND pools be uploaded and how can we track this? It'd be nice if they were uploaded. And I figure the stream will may not be able to show every single match, but where will I go to watch your bracket matches tomorrow? Are there a bunch of different streams at once or something?

Top Bottom