• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Melbourne CouchWarriors 2011 - AGM News

Would you like to see a cash prize pool? (Public vote)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I think we should do 2 supercrews, the Emo Eastsiders vs. the Best Westsiders LOL. It doesn't matter if you're not in a crew, since the captain of each will end up picking you to play for their side.

To make this easy for me I'll appoint Erick or Nathan for West captain and Redact for East captain. Aether shotguns the captaincy for the May RANBAT.

Cobolt/Ammoe - I can't be stuffed changing until the next RANBAT is over. Your higher win ratio suggests you lost early in the winners bracket and went through a lot of losers bracket matches. I have all of the data from the TIO Tournament Organizer

sLibs

Smash Cadet
mmm sounds good, though with 24 v 24, 3 stock each wouldnt that mean we'd have a total of 14 participants only? what if theres more? ahhhh its p.e. all over again *cries*

nah i wasnt that guy but i hope it doesnt come to that

Dohei

Smash Apprentice
Hey its dohei, just wondering if N2C is on this sat still? if so what time? and are people meeting somewhere before hand? btw i can bring a wii, ntsc brawl and freeloader.

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
I've noticed that about smashboards too. I'm sure eventually when the Brawl rush will fade it will die out. Some mods need to grab it by the balls and take control of it though. The forum software is also quite old.

For the red vs blue style thing to work, I think you need to fight in the opposite order to when you get picked, if the teams are picking by skill. Last pick fight first until the final challengers fight last. The 3rd Strike thing got silly because it did nearly the exact opposite.

Ammeren

Smash Apprentice
Ike's sword is like 2ce the body length of metaknight >.<

Hey its dohei, just wondering if N2C is on this sat still? if so what time? and are people meeting somewhere before hand? btw i can bring a wii, ntsc brawl and freeloader.
And yes, while that has past - we should so do something on Sat again =D

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
if it's something like n2c, i'm free after 6pm on saturday. if it's a meet at someone else's house, i probably won't make it =(

and yes, erick's ike has no weakness, it feels like even a missed swing of his mighty sword can KO you at low %

Mr.100

Smash Cadet
The dates for the eGames Expo 2008 have been announced. The event will be taking place in Melbourne from the 14th to the 16th of November this year.

Full article here
http://www.aussie-nintendo.com/index.php?v=news&p=25279

I was wondering if the Smashers of Melbourne were looking at hosting an event to coincide with this or even better possibly have a largish tournament as part of the exhibition. Of course this would only be for Brawl and not Melee due to the nature of the eGames Expo.

On a personal note this would probably be my first interstate trip for a tournamnet/expo as I finish my final grade 12 exam on the 13th of November. A full week before the exams for the majority of my cohort finish.

sLibs

Smash Cadet
Whats wrong with an ike placing first last ranbat? despite his weaknesses he's a considerably fast char. so he can keep up and has crazy KO potential. It's all about exploiting weaknesses and that being the first brawl meet there were very few ppl there that knew alot of info about the game... and im not talkinb bout smash dojo.

and yes, erick's ike has no weakness, it feels like even a missed swing of his mighty sword can KO you at low %
coming from the guy who is able to beat it =.= *sigh* i wish my ike was the ultimate cookie cuttter

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Mr. 100 - Far more ambitious events are planned in Melbourne. I am currently working with 3 different organisations to deliver various tournaments in the city, and the prospect of having too many tournaments is actually looking likely. However, I won't overlook any opportunities, and i'll see eGames can serve any purpose for CW, GG and AI.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
of course its not true

i regularly find myself riding my pet kangaroo through sydney. usually on thursdays and sundays.
it really clears ur head y'know? nothing like a long bare-back kangaroo ride to ease ur stress.

stress from all that croc wrestlin' us aussies just love doin' of course.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
and those vicious wombats up in wollongong that can take out a wallaby from 200 yards away. faster than an emu and more angry than a koala in a gum tree i say!
wat the hell are we talking about?

PS I always wondered why toon link carried a boomerang

sLibs

Smash Cadet
and those vicious wombats up in wollongong that can take out a wallaby from 200 yards away. faster than an emu and more angry than a koala in a gum tree i say!
wat the hell are we talking about?

PS I always wondered why toon link carried a boomerang
he's from aus heritage... obivously

LemonManX

Smash Lord
I was going to reply on some more Australian jokes... but I'm left speechless by the work already done xD

Although Meta-Ridley can go die due to the difficulty I'm having getting his boss trophy.

Kidding of course Ridley, you are too mighty for death...

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Ericks Ike has a weakness - Shaz's Ike - Soldier 1st class Ike Tenku.
I can equip more materia than him so it's hardly a fair comparison xD
"Saltza?"

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
I was going to reply on some more Australian jokes... but I'm left speechless by the work already done xD
.....jokes?

Ericks Ike has a weakness - Shaz's Ike - Soldier 1st class Ike Tenku.
good lord he's right! i hate ike! hes too good! if i swung that way, i would totally touch myself over pictures of ike. unfortunately i have to stick to zero-suit like normal people

ellelaby's younger brother

Smash Apprentice
Can someone give me proper advice on the Wii LAN adapter? Like if its worth buying the Datel version, the difference etc?

Not a 1 sentence crap answer please...

Thx.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Apologies, I do not know anything about the LAN adapters out there. I don't think anyone in the community has one either, so I recommend you ask the store about it.

Smash Apprentice
The problem for me is the time the Brawl singles are held at. 3:00-6:00pm? If I did make it to the final (lets just say)I'd have to go all the way home which is Dandenong. Thats a problem, that could mean catching a bus, or a tram to the city or something and a train back to Dandenong. And we all know what Dandenong is like at 8:00pm when its dark, don't we? At least I do... Any suggestions?

Smash Apprentice
muzzaville? population... zootootoo?
Zootootoo? Do you mean that all the migrants come to Dandenong?

Anyway, just that is a bad reason to get off the train at 8:00. Though I've gotten off at around 7:30 before... but that was in the summer and it was pretty much daylight.

I don't know, I'm practicing a lot, but I only seem to enjoy smash when I'm on practice mode. All my training is all towards some sort of tournament - Real life or online and I'm afraid if I get the LAN adapter it wont work because the nintendo.com site said it may not work with some modems. I could get to the tournament on the 19th, but it would take 90 minutes I suppose. + I have a higher priority on Saturdays... so I shouldn't be going anyway, I just want to try a tourney once. I know I could do well =(

Smash Apprentice
I have one. It works awesome. What exactly do you want to know about it?
You have a Datel one? Or a Nintendo one?

How do I know if it will work with my modem? All I know about my modem is its an Open iConnect 622.

Will it work with Iprimus broadband?

Where can I get it? EB? (I don't go into EB much, it makes me look like a nerd, if I do I'll put on a costume so noone sees me).

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
I'm 16 and I'm super cereal.

I doubt we know each other. I moved to Noble Park 5 months ago. Four months before that I was in the States.

Dude after last monthly I was stuck at Dandenong Station till 11:30 pm. I got freaked out. Black people ( most likely Sudanese) were all getting high and drunk. They were all asking me for cigarettes and stuff. Then my dad called me and told me he arrived but on the opposite side of the train station. So I begin to walk through the small tunnel to get to the other side when I saw a guy dressed in black far away. He was looking directly at me and I was freaked out because I had to walk in the direction he was in to get to the car. When I got closer, I found out that it was..........my big brother from Sydney! He came on a surprise visit and was wearing a suit because he came to see his friend's wedding. Phew

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
LOL I was at Dandenong station last week at 11pm. It was so bad LOL, cops trying to disperse a drunk crowd, with lots of fail people around. *Shakes head*

Cobalt if you need to, try and get a ride with Sam and I into the Glen Waverley area - maybe your Pop could pick you up from there - safest line in Melbourne

Smash Apprentice
LOL I was at Dandenong station last week at 11pm. It was so bad LOL, cops trying to disperse a drunk crowd, with lots of fail people around. *Shakes head*

Cobalt if you need to, try and get a ride with Sam and I into the Glen Waverley area - maybe your Pop could pick you up from there - safest line in Melbourne
I've taken the train from Glen Waverly before.

Is there any possible chance there'll be a Sunday tournament?

Also, how often are the local tournaments held?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom