• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Melbourne CouchWarriors 2011 - AGM News

Would you like to see a cash prize pool? (Public vote)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Ack. I'm out (surprise) due to my friend's 20th birthday dinner at 8.30pm.

And the fact I haven't got him a gift yet... *considers giving him a Wiikey chip* xD

freddo

Smash Journeyman
He's a player from Sydney. Speaks in code, never quite sure of what he's going to do or say next. But you can be sure about one thing, he'll always be at the next smash event.

ZTV

Smash Apprentice
Not a bad turnout. Could've been better in teams, but that's what happens without a dedicated doubles' partner. Singles was...well... Better than teams at least. And so on until the next event.

Also:

Not to be a prick... Alright, fine, maybe to be one -- Cao:

SINGLE STAGES ON RANDOM
- Final Destination - Dream Land 64 - Fountain of Dreams - Battlefield - Yoshi’s Story - Pokemon Stadium
SINGLE COUNTERSTAGES
- Great Bay - Venom - Princess Peach's Castle - Kongo Jungle - Corneria - Mushroom Kingdom - Jungle Japes - Green Greens - Brinstar - Rainbow Cruise - Onett - Mute City - Brinstar Depths - Poke Floats - Fourside - Big Blue - Mushroom Kingdom II - Donkey Kong 64
SINGLE STAGES BANNED
- Hyrule Temple - Yoshi 64 - Icicle Mountain- Flatzone
TEAM STAGES ON RANDOM
- Final Destination - Dreamland 64 - Pokemon Stadium - Yoshi's Story - Battlefield
TEAM STAGES BANNED
- Hyrule Temple - Yoshi 64 - Icicle Mountain - Flatzone - Big Blue - Fountain of Dreams -
Mute City
ALL OTHER STAGES ARE AVAILABLE FOR COUNTERPICKS
The first post, I believe. =)

Atticus

Smash Journeyman
Good to see everyone again, and meet some new people. rofl @ coming to my house to say hi! I usually get drive-thru on the way home from monthlies unless we get pizza, you guys should have let me know you were gonna go out to eat before I left! I'll definitely come next time.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
was a lot of fun even though I did crap...

going out to eat = win, next time k thx

Myst Walker

Smash Apprentice
RESULTS:

Singles -
1: Shaz
2: CAOTIC
3: Freddo
4: CATS
5: Red X
5: Markarse
7: Erick
7: Mikul
9: Dekar
9: Jei Jei
9: Moogz
9: JM
13: Redact
13: Thirsty Camel
13: Atticus
13: Assaultjockey
17: Nay Nay
17: Ice K
17: Myst
17: Devil
17: X
17: Tian
17: Hero
17: ZTV
25: Oni
25: Rage
25: Gill
25: Strider
25: Forte
25: Ark
25: God

Teams-
1: Freddo + Mark (In God we Trust)
2: CATS + Shaz (Emperor of Bois)
3: Myst + Mikul (Melty Blood!)
4: CAOTIC + Dekar (****)
5: Red X + Strider (Team Maple X)
5: Oni + ZTV Waverley First National
7: Erick + JM (Maple Story)
7: Z + Devil (XD)
9: Outsiders (Ark + Hero)
9: Moogz + Assulatjockey (Team Failure 2)
9: Atticus + Redact (Red + 1)
9: Arun + Forte
13: Double Penetration (Jei Jei + Nay Nay)
13: Mark + Freddo
13: Gill Raiders (Gill + Thirsty Camel)
13: Rage + God

Next monthly, Official Melty Blood Tourney!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
ZTV, apologies. I wasn't thinking straight today.

otherwise...

Atticus... SUPRISE!

Box Hill food was yum and we talked alot. We always eat out at Box Hill after the monthlies, so if anyone wants to join us in the future just stick around!

Parking lot was fun - Freddo's trunk was fun

Vincent - nice meeting ja

freddo

Smash Journeyman
Monthly was awesome. Thanks to everyone. Was especially good seeing JM and erick again. JM finished under Moogz, Dekar and Jei Jei, but I'd say he could do those guys if he had the chance.

Special notice to Forte/Vincent - you will be a good player. Keep it up. ZTV, stop sooking.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
yeah ZTV, stop smoking. i mean sooking. wait a second... he's right. dam mute city...
anyway, the turnout was nice, pretty relaxing. i had fun. I may come to the next monthly, but I may not. I might see you in 4 weeks, but I might not. I might feel like going but I'll have to consider contemplating coming to that event because I'm not sure...

sLibs

Smash Cadet
Watup all? Had fun, well done to everyone, competition is a lot better these days as oppose to the SEAT2 days, lol which was about a year ago. Well done to everyone, nice seeing the veterans still playing and whatnot, good turnout overall. Props to Freddo to his godlike improvement from when we last saw him. I'll convince JM to get back into it coz we both haven't touched the game for literally couple months, I don't think we were much competition for the vets, well i wasn't hahaha, very rusty but still know the very basics so i guess im lucky to be up there, if i wasn't my name would still be there right Cao? ;)
Anyway had fun, keep training and hope to see you guys next monthly or even sooner!

p.s - forblaze wer u at man? lol i wanted to see ur advancement

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Awwwww Erick and JM were there.... Wish I could've gone =[. Please come again to next monthly which I should be at so I can have nostalgia fix aswell!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Cuuuuuuuuuute, Blazey said awwwwww - he wants teh wub

LOL this tournament was like reunion day or something Nathan, Joseph and Erick talking about life after primary school or some shi* LOL and Vincent knows Sam's sisters from high school, what in the frap?

JM+eRICK - getting more vets returning such as you guys will help bring back some others i think, so start a comin more! you guys did well

LOL SHAZ WINS TOURNAMENT AND NOONE CARES - WHATS NEW? XDDDD YOU GUYS ARE BASSSATARDSSS

Good job Shaz. You are best smasher in the southern hemisphere thats like 1 half of the entire world... impressive

Strider - there was another $20 note in my bag I didn't clear clear out so ill give it to ya next time i pop by your hood - around $90 total was raised for the Smash Bank, which will go towards Rambo in Dallas '08. Thanks much everyone! your marth > mine

hmmm - it was a good tournament - nice to play on everyone's terms. it got a bit crazy with the lunch thing i think i might take shaz's suggestion and have an official lunch period lolz. but the most important thing is making sam wake up earlier >_<"

oats

Smash Rookie
hey peeps...
it was fun playing smash with everyone again. Its good to see that alot of people didnt give up smash.i gotta say though its alot different these days, especially freddo and cao. You 2 r like kings now hehehe... well done man.
I was hoping to see some players from back in the day, like Emily, Jon and Forblaze...
WHERES NICK?! Said he'd meet us there.....bloody Nick...... hahahaha
Anyways, keep playin people. we'll see u again...

Devil.

Smash Journeyman
hey had heaps of fun guys, even though my last match was an epic failure lol, live and learn.
next time i wanna vs Cao's bowser and Freddos fox for sure lol.

Forte4Tei

Smash Apprentice
Haha... had lots of fun guys! Especially the dinner, it was all good. My parents were worried because I missed like 12730197(%!*@318263182398712)^*&@^! phone calls, but it was all good.

Next time I'm screwing all characters and I'm going to main Mewtwo... >:D

Snakebite

Smash Journeyman
I am proud of you son. Walking the path of Mewtwo is a difficult one indeed, one that requires delicacy and grace. There is nothing cheap or abusive, you’re only mind game is creativity and patience. Soon you will become a Mewtwo pwnage

_X_

Smash Lord
Thanks for the games guys, everyone I played was pretty **** good. Forte's the man, uber MewTwo h4x FTW!!

IceK (Arun) had fun, he'll prolly be a regular like Devil and I plan to be.

I saw Freddo play : | It wasn't fair. After that I'm thinking of quiting altogether. Next monthly we have to Friendly so you can give me some pointers.

Cao's Bowser was mad, Peach was crazy as too, scary almost.

Redact played solid as always.

The boys from "Rage of God" weren't bad at all.

I got pwn'd by Assaultjocky, it was subtle too. Guess I need to tighten my game

Blazey wasn't there to Falco ledge tech d-air me, wtf?!

Mikul has crazy Doctor Falcon and Captain Ganon skills ftw. Get beaten by him too!

Devil IC's h4x.

RedX is a *******. He like 0% edge guarded my fox, it was insane b-air skills.

But **** all the writing, everyone played well and were all good sports. If anyone would like to throw some constructive crit' my way I'd be thankful.

See you at Stage 9?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
JM finished under Moogz, Dekar and Jei Jei, but I'd say he could do those guys if he had the chance.
We played second round of singles, I won 2 - 1. Close matches, and the last two kills of our 3rd match were marth down throws to forward smash then edgehog (he was CF). No doubt he's a much better player, though, and a cool person. :)

Markarse, even though I played reeeeaally defensively you still won, pretty easily. Nice job, you earned that win.

And Erick, you got me so angry because nothing would work against you, you're just too solid, and I worked so hard to beat JM to then get eliminated in 2 matches :laugh:

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Shaz is still about the manliness.

What date will the next monthly be in November? I want to come but I has my super special awesome MUSE concert on November 15th. And I was considering staying overnight with my girlfriend then hitting up the eGame Expo crap because I gots nothing better to do.

I miss the Smash love :(

Devil.

Smash Journeyman
4tei mad decision on maining mewtwo. low teir players are impressive

X well played against Rage of God, ill try not to kill you so much next time lol

IceK downsmash peach might work on some but apparently not on me.

Oh forgot to add hightlight for me was easily beating Redact and Atticus in doubles after X had lost all his stocks that was ****in intense guys.

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
It was a really good day saturday, and i'm happy with how on game i was, apart from being made to sd by shaz's manlyness. xD I can't wait for the next meet.

Shaz, good work winning the stage, and proving how manly you still are, proving the critics wrong. your flaco is too manly for me for now :D

Myst thanks for teaming with me, it went surprisingly well. We'll have to team again for kicks. Congrats on not spilling all those drinks too xD

Freddo, you are the bane of my monthly adventures, you're the main person that knocks me out everytime, but it was good to see you at such a good level that day.

Mark, I've still got the better falcon, i also messed up the di on your nair chains too, but good work with him, keep it up

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
wow did i suck yesterday or wat? nuthin was workin for me. still had mad fun as usual thanx everyone.

letsee i'll start with JM/joseph/james/watever the hell they call u...i know u as joseph so ima call u joseph =) glad u and nathan reunited it was nice watching u 2 converse for so long. hope we can become good friends too, u living a suburb away from me and all...i also hope u get back into smash

CATS...**** lol. i was impressed just watching ur matches in the last couple monthlies but playing u for the first time u just made me feel stupid, hopefully one day i can keep up with ur pikachu...unbelievable

cao... thanks again for returning my jacket, i found a few stains in the sleeve but i'll overlook it hehe jks jks...only played a few friendlies with u with the same results as always so theres not much....shouting out....i can do towards ur direction...

erick - great meeting u, great playing u. i really enjoyed matching up against u, seems to me that ur the key to my improvement. every match we played was so close even tho its obvious ur a better smasher. altona isnt too far from us, hope we can organize somethin soon. btw my wii number is there <<<<<< i added u so yer feel free to add me

freddo ur like the only pro i havent played yet, hopefully next time i will have the honour of being ***** by ur fox. everyone else has ***** me with their main, cept shaz who ***** me with mewtwo...dammit lol...and u kno those yoshi loved being *****..so if we aint matched up next month, maybe a friendly?

anyway better wrap this up. thanx again everyone i had a great time.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
man i would comment but theres way too much lol

erick- ahhh your falco kills mine, i just didnt talk much during our match cos i didnt really feel like it, wasnt in a smash mood :/

red-x: ****, next montly ill teem with u kk? dr fox + captian falco thx. also we still havent played falco v shiek in like uhhhhh too long, main g&w ftw

atticus: ok next time we teem its atticus + other <3 also rofl at rocking up for the sake of it. were like "oh its atticus's street, lets go!"

cao: im turning into you :O soo lazy haha, i dont want to turn mean like you! NEVER! and you didnt even get to play halo or crews, dinner was nice though <3

sam: im still up for the 1 week halo bet anyday, ill kill you ez, also main shiek cos its ez kthx bai

oni: lol l2 not complain, if you get cheaped, cheap back, play to win

mikul: first matches! teams and friendlies! haha, super suicide finisher failure :p

x: haha i almost lost to icek hahahahaahahah that was dissapointing, i cant even beat a dsmash peach

icek: ill get you yet

mark: dragon mode pls

fortei: become a regular kthx, supar mew2ftw (didnt get to see though q_q)

shaz: ill ALWAYS beat you in melty blood whether you like it or not, im just better than you at it

freddo

Smash Journeyman
Erick, lol, thanks for the compliments.

Dekar! You're right! I forgot about your bout with JM - good stuff. You've really improved. Keep it up.

Devil, Jei Jei and X...I need to friendly all you guys especially you Jei Jei. X, fox is cheap. All I do is button mash.

Forte reminds me of Juggie so much. Small, asian, cuuute, and asian.

Oni, you suck, if you were a Christian God would help you get better at smash. It's up to you. Jesus pwns Allah at smash.

Redact, I four stocked you, but you pwned me in Halo3. Hax, straight for super weapons.

RedX, you got four stocked, but you're so awesome, I wanna team with you one day. And the rest of the vengeance crew are funny. I hope you guys get a lot of practice in these holidays.

Mikul, I dunno. You are a magical player sometimes but you can crumble in two seconds. Shaz ***** you with laser grab so many times it was horrible. Looking forward to seeing some consistency in your game, you'll be unstoppable.

Mark your falcon sux, I hate it. It does alright though.

Shaz, you WON this event?? What is going on. Anyhow, us four went to the 10th(!!!) match in teams. Was heaps of fun. CATS plays better in 2 vs 1.

CATS, you play better 2 vs 1.

Cao, one thing for sure, bowser must come back.

Moogz+Assault+gang, wanted to play you assault, didn't get to. Moogz, big improvement.

Anf, expect to see us soon.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Caotique!: Cuuute
Redact: You beat an armless man in a boxing match one time....you are the king of the world ;)
Cats: Ta for teaming with, was good fun. We aren't bad as a team...I'm just bad at teams - you aren't. I plan to team again soon with me playing it a totally different way.
Freddo and Mark: Teams were great fun I really enjoyed it :)
Freddo: I know huh winning what was I thinking!? How uncharacteristic of me lol.
Moogz: Placed well, good stuff.
Red X and Jei Jei: Want to play you some more guys.
Erick and JM: Good to see you guys again. :)
Mikul: You can't stop my Falco he must have bois!
Mark: Neither can you ;)

Thanks all for the fun day and I'll see you next one :D

chicho619

Smash Rookie
How ya doin guys...
My name is Leo also kown as God at the monthlies. I play Falco and CF and currently studying the art of Pikachu. I am a member of RedX and Strider's crew. RedX has been telling me to make a smash boards file for a while so i can talk to some of the pro's. So yer thought i get in contact with the rest of the smash community. And if i can get any pointers on how to train at smash that would be awsome...
Cya at the next monthly...

_X_

Smash Lord
Erick, lol, thanks for the compliments.
Devil, Jei Jei and X...I need to friendly all you guys especially you Jei Jei. X, fox is cheap. All I do is button mash.
I saw some of your N-Air... **** it Redact was right...

How ya doin guys...
My name is Leo also kown as God at the monthlies. I play Falco and CF and currently studying the art of Pikachu. I am a member of RedX and Strider's crew. RedX has been telling me to make a smash boards file for a while so i can talk to some of the pro's. So yer thought i get in contact with the rest of the smash community. And if i can get any pointers on how to train at smash that would be awsome...
Cya at the next monthly...
You did pretty well for a first timer ;)

Forte too M2Hax

Strider69

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I had a gr8 time! It was awesome. I just wished I couda gotten more singles in. The only time I played singles was near the end with Cao for 2 matches. The rest of the time I was waiting for a free TV. Bring more TV's peeps! And I got my lunch back. Thank you Sam! Other than that I had a good time. Hopefully I can do better next monthly, didn't really play well this month. C U guys l8ta!

Strider69

Smash Cadet
Yea he has, he came with the crew, Vengeance which includes Me, RedX, God!, Ark, Hero and Rage. We got into the competitive smash scene about a year ago.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
ATTENTION EVERYONE:

"The rest of the time I was waiting for a free TV."
Lots of people seem to have been having this problem. From now on I will assist KO with the running of the monthly. Everyones cubes and TVs will be used while the tourney is running for the tourney and not for friendlies. If you want to play friendlies there will be plenty of time before, after and between segments of the tournament. This way the tourneys will run smoothly and as fast as possible, meaning plenty of time will be available for friendlies. Larger televisions will be used for team games for both tourney and friendlies providing people want to play team friendlies. A singles tourney match will however always take priority over friendly teams, as friendlies should not be played during tourney unless there is more than enough free machines and it is cleared by either Caotic or myself.

In the event more people want to play than just those already on the gamecubes, DON'T come crying to KO or myself, instead work it out with people playing. Withdrawing into your shell and asking someone to take care of your problem won't help you much in the long run. Speak to the people, and inform them you want to play. Likely the best idea will be a 'winner stays on' scenario. Most of the players who can win consecutively I'm sure are mannered enough to know when they've overstayed their welcome on a machine, and will step aside so everyone can play.
Any case I haven't spoken of here so far can be easily sorted if you communicate with each-other. If for some odd reason you can't sort yourselves out after discussing an issue, then and only then approach KO or myself, though I suggest you approach me more so than KO because he will be busy running the brackets.

Owners of any TV are exactly that. Any time they feel their property is being mistreated, or it is time for them to leave, they have every right to interrupt a game (especially if it's only friendly).

This is the lengthiest set of basic instructions I've written.
I hope this clears everything playtime related up for everyone.

Forte4Tei

Smash Apprentice
Just to say thanks to some people:

IceK: for putting up with me, and partnering up with me in doubles, **** you are awesome... keep working on your peach h4x

Dekar: for meeting me at the station, taking me to the bus, putting up with my hayfever, and just telling me everything about the smash scene in general =D

Redact: too nice =o

The guy who noticed that I was waiting for ages: thanks for telling the other guy, "you know this guy's been waiting for ages" D:, your fox 2 stocked my m2, i suicided twice because of the awesomeness of your uthrow uair kills D: And sorry to the guy who had to wait XD

Myst and crew: for taking me home with you guys in short notice, and just being too nice in general.

I had fun, I'll be there next time ;D

Edit: Listen to Cronos_Rainbow, i kinda ate his post D:

hero_link

Smash Cadet
umm..... next tourtament i can't go to and in december i'm in japan, so ima ganna miss the next 2 monthlies, that and i'm quiting melee. i'll still be on smash boards and play rarely but other than that im gone until brawl comes out or at least not for a fair good amount of months. :psycho: < me

Strider69

Smash Cadet
The thing with the TV's. It's kinda hard to play a singles match when every TV was taken up with free 4 alls, and people were waiting to go on even then. This was before the tournament started. Thats why I knew it wouldn't be fair to play a singles match then. Not that I'm contesting you, I totally agree. Moderate those tv's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom